Hendry's ESHL Invite Playoff Predictions - Round 1

Discussion in 'E-Sports Hockey League' started by Hxndry, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Hxndry

Hxndry 1/1

Discord:
    Hxndry#7500
    Ratings:
    +1,025 / 51 / -102
    As most of you all know, my passion for playing NHL has burnt out lately but I still am 100% behind the future of Competitive NHL and I think this media can help out with exposure no matter how big or small it may seem. I want to apologize in advance for any spelling/grammar mistakes I might make. I hope you all enjoy this short read I put together.

Prophecy #1 vs Composure #8

Battle of the powerhouses. This is easily a championship caliber game in the first round. Not sure what was going on with Composure this season but they just managed to slide into playoffs on the last night of games which I'm sure most people, including me, were surprised about. They seemed to have a different line-up in night after night and I'm not sure if this was due to availability or if it was just because of nothing working. This is probably the last team you want to be playing this early on as they always seem to be dominant and can always pull out games by just working you until you make a mistake. As much as I dislike @Odieeeeee , he is debatably one of the most dominant players next-gen hockey has seen, and when he has @Tendy up on on RW with him, it causes nightmares. If Composure can put together the line-up that they want for this series, I strongly believe it will be the best first round match-up and will go to 7. On the other hand, Prophecy line-up remained pretty constant all season and let me tell you, this team is scary. Other than Raw Talent (LOL) this was my pre-season choice to win Season 3. My long-time friends @Gilleh and @ScaryJoeyy are definitely two of the best forwards I've know since playing chel and adding a pure goal scorer @Class Act 27 into this line-up is going to cause problems for Odie and Downy back there. As you move to the back-end with @SkillzPayBills3 , @T1 Clamps , and @Kerns-_- there is no falling off here. Again this is arguably one of the best D cores NHL 18 has seen and they won't be easy to break. If Prophecy can play their game and limit the mistakes then I think they will take this series.

Prophecy in 7

Big Baller Brand #2
    vs Rated R #7

The champs are back and are looking for another ESHL Championship. The BBB boys are a great group of guys who thrive in party presence but they also undoubtedly have some talent to go around. Starting up front with the face of this brand is the kid @Sitful , this guy came out of no where for most people and has taken over the NHL 18 scene. The things Sit does is unlike any other, he has a spark to his game that terrorizes opposing teams. Adding my friends @l1l Bones l3l and bald @Jemima to this arsenal makes for a tough time for teams d cores as they always seem to be able to find the back of the net. Even as you move to the back-end of this team, there is no drop of offensive prowess. @DDW4 and @FlowMaster Joe are two of the games best offensive dmen I've seen and just add to the overall dominance this team can have. As we move into the pipes we have @Scheckel29 who I have a found a new amount of respect for after playing with him in CanAm...this guy can steal games himself and is an absolute stud. Now onto Rated R, the core of this team has been together for quite a while as I remember dominating them back in the NHL 16 days with Motor City Magic (F for respect). These guys are no joke though, they always seem to prove people wrong and find themselves being successful no matter what is thrown at them. Every time I've played against these guys in NHL 18, @Shockz seems to put up a hat trick or more so I respect him for drifting from his usual line mates and becoming a pure goal scorer. The question here though is will they be able to contain the offensive powerhouse that BBB is. If they can play simple hockey and implement the three T's (Turd, Tip, Trap) well then I think they will have a chance. I think BBB runs away with this series just due to the fire they can bring at you.

BBB in 5

Delusions #3
    vs Complicity #6

I'm not gonna lie...I always talk down upon Delusions and how they're all washed but they prove me wrong time and time again with their constant success in NHL 18. I don't know much about any of the guys up front but I do know that they know how to play. After playing these guys a few times over the year, they always seem to make plays that no other team can make due to their veteran experience and I don't expect this to change anytime soon. @Nuge is the backbone of this defense and I have also found new respect for him after playing CanAm. He has the ability to break the puck out or in no matter who he's going up against and can do some cool tricks with his thumbs. Onto the PS4 boys on Complicity, I don't know too much about some of this team but I was very hesitant with the d-pair of @TurboYuri and @Dannyy Briere at the beginning of the season but these two are both very solid players. Up front I'm not sure who they're going to use and I don't know much about them other than that my west coast friends @KingClutch x 77 and @Hriiz are dominant. I think that Complicity may come out strong against Delusions but won't be able to steal the series away.

Delusions in 6

Continuum #4
    vs Turning Point #5

Another battle of PS4 versus Xbox. Continuum is made up of some unreal PS4 talent in @P t P 10 , @Aye Keeks , @McLxvinn , and @jonlol and also some older xbox guys in @Trobs , @officialmark07 , and @x Braydenn and while I don't know a ton about any of these guys, I know how good they all are from playing them. When I saw this team assembling and making their way over to Xbox I was shaking in my boots a little bit. From what I knew of PTP, Trobby, Jon (s2 Raw Talent killer), and Mark, I knew that this team would be scary good and tough to play against and boy was I right. This is going to be a tough team to take down in playoffs and I wouldn't be surprised one bit to see them go far. Onto Turning Point, this is just a tremendously solid core that always can seem to pull out a win. This is probably the team I've played against most over the year and the games are always great. My great friend @PureRippin has been playing along side @SoY LoS 19 for the last year or so and they have developed some crazy chemistry and can create some great chances. On the backend they have @Deceasedgoblin , @Gwan , and @SweeT 9 LoU 84 with @Vague Being and @APsychicTaco in net and all these guys are great players who I have played against a ton. I think that Turning Point will be able to keep all of these games close but I just don't see them stealing it from Continuum especially on their West Coast connection.

Continuum in 5

Good luck to all the teams in the Invite and Open divisions as they begin playoffs this week. I hope you guys all enjoyed this quick, little read and I hope we can all be here to see and help Competitive NHL grow. I'll see you all on the ice soon.

-Hendry

• Like Like x 23
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. jonlol

jonlol Pizza Bro

Ratings:
    +940 / 31 / -95
    Really nice write up. I feel like our series (cTm vs TxP) is loaded with depth so it should be a good one. Guys coming off the bench for both teams (if they have to) are able to step up and compete as good as the starters in most cases. Good luck everyone.

• Like Like x 1
    eashlgoalie
  3. GregxWhite

GregxWhite Rated R original : Goalie # 31

Discord:
    ogregster#0
    Ratings:
    +139 / 17 / -18

Just remember who won this series on NHL 16 bud :)

• Like Like x 1
    Gregxwhite
  4. Kodyyy

Kodyyy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,160 / 7 / -4
    unknown entity here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Melroses_Mullet
  5. cj142

cj142 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    cj142#0
    Ratings:
    +282 / 7 / -11
    if washed up = don’t post on forums then consider me unwashed now.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    cj142NHL