Here is the Fix for Input Delay - posted on pg 1 initial post (also includes past posts)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by frostx17, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Linux 0P

Linux 0P iRacing

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -3
    if u want block this ip, not all router this option. Whats your ISP and models router ?

OP_Linux
  2. C4 x CR3AMY

C4 x CR3AMY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    C4xCR3AMY
  3. LowLyfeSociety

LowLyfeSociety Check my Soundcloud Breh

Ratings:
    +270 / 35 / -40
    I can't do this. My router doesn't have proper software for my computers current install.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Linux 0P

Linux 0P iRacing

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    OP_Linux
  5. Evilgenius_i35i

Evilgenius_i35i Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 1 / -3

The NEW server engineer you mean ??

• Like Like x 1
    Evilgenius_i35i
  6. Evilgenius_i35i

Evilgenius_i35i Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 1 / -3
    giving this a try I'll let ya know, thanks for all that you've done

Evilgenius_i35i
  7. DR0C

DR0C Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Droc#6229
    Ratings:
    +118 / 9 / -11
    A buddy of mine tried this fix and it worked maybe a couple games for him when he got captain but then after that he got the input delay again consistently like before.

But what i dont get is that ever since he did this "fix"(dont mean to sound like a douche putting it like that) i cant connect to the lobby when my team gets the rare chance of being the away team. i just sit there at a black screen. Now its not like this hasnt happened to me before. Id say it happens to me 2 or 3 times out of 10 games we search. But ever since my buddy did the fix, now i cant connect to an away game if we are playing together. And of of course he doesnt want to play when we are home rightfully so since he will get the input delay.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    DR0C
  8. frosty l7l

frosty l7l looking for a team

Ratings:
    +1,216 / 6 / -45
    Hey Droc. You connecting to the lobby has nothing to do with the other person blocking the IP. All that fix does is prevent your connection from routing incorrectly to the EA servers. By preventing it from going to the Euro server, you are able to keep the connection inside North America which drastically reduces your ping (thereby eliminating the input delay). It sounds to me that you have NAT issues on your own end that need to be resolved. Try setting your xbox into a DMZ. This should open all ports and allow for you to connect properly. Him inputting the patch has absolutely zero effect for you in respect to connecting to the lobby... home or away.

In respect to your friend... Did he reset his router after applying the IP block? Is he sure he completely blocked all ping to that server? You have to reboot your modem anytime you make a significant change to its settings in all circumstances. Resetting the modem allows for the changes to go through, and any new firewall established to go into full effect. Also, some modems are not able to establish a complete firewall to block the IP. This could be the case. In this instance, he will notice that the number of games he experiences the delay will be drastically less, but may have the occasion game here and there with delay.

• Like Like x 1
    frostx7
  9. Jordycf

Jordycf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

This forum have been a surprise for me. This problem had been in my gameplays from i remenber play ea sport games.

I´m writting from Spain and i think that i have to block url: easo.ea.com, but i´m nos sure. Somebody can help me? I´m sure that i have not to block 159.153.76.33 because it´s ip in Europe Server (my server), but i don´t find another url (North American Server) that easo.ea.com (Ip: 159.153.234.54).

Ahh! And i play FIFA 16, but i think serves are the same that NHL serves, It´s true?

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!

(Sorry for my bad english)

No Streaming Account
  10. King Clement

King Clement Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 2 / -4
    @Droc @frost xi. The fixed worked for us then it just stopped and we had no idea. (me and my club). We checked out router settings again and the URL was no longer on my list of blocked websites. We applied the URL once more to the blocked list and it is working just fine. So people if it worked for you before and it just stopped go back to the router settings anda make sure the URL is still on the list!

King_clement
  11. frosty l7l

Ratings:
    +1,216 / 6 / -45
    Make sure that you are applying the settings on a "everyday" settings. If you do not tell your router to block the IP 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, it will undo your settings. Hope this helps! Glad you could get the fix to work!

frostx7
  12. DrugMonkeyRX

DrugMonkeyRX Grind Line

Ratings:
    +244 / 6 / -10
    @frost xi The only thing i can do is use parental settings...will this work? I can only block the website www.gosprodfeapp0392.ea.com

Not sure if this is going to work..i have a Fios Router
    Verizon FiOS Quantum Gateway AC1750

If anyone out there knows how to block IPs on this router...please let me know

Thanks

Drugmonkeyrx
  13. RAREEXAMPLE dd

RAREEXAMPLE dd defensive dman

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -1
    Confirming this does not work (is not possible) on Rogers Hitron router.

rareexample
  14. Joonetic

Joonetic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 3 / -9
    I have dd-wrt on my netgear router and was able to block the ip using the command(iptables). I've played 15 games since and have had no input lag. Thanks, frost!

Yes he did. Go look at a map, genius.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  15. frosty l7l

Ratings:
    +1,216 / 6 / -45
    You need to block the server 159.153.95.65. That is the North American server. The Europeans need to block that one to stop the lag instead of 76.33 server. Hope that helps.

• Like Like x 1
    frostx7
  16. Serpe x 13

Serpe x 13 Washed Up Center

Ratings:
    +1,290 / 165 / -333
    Rammer asked for another week of the pre season guys.

• Like Like x 3
    Serpe_x_13x
  17. hotwinglol

hotwinglol Warning Group

Ratings:
    +63 / 1 / -0

Hey just wondering how hard it was to install the dd wrt and applying the ip block after that? If its not to bad any chance you can link me to a page that shows how to do it? Thanks

• Like Like x 1
    Hotwinglol
  18. JEEEEEEBS

JEEEEEEBS VHL REFUGEE

Ratings:
    +319 / 12 / -14
    Frost I appreciate what you're doing, but lots of confusion going on in this thread, you should try and reword it. Some key points are

- DON'T do this if you actually live in Europe (like some guy is trying)
    - Most routers can't ban IP's, and some ISP's wont let you switch your router (Bell Fibe)
    - This CAN'T be done with any software, this is router/hardware only.
    - This only prevents Europe connections, you'll still get stuck on west/east coast and experience lag if you do.
    - DON'T go and spend money on a new router because this fix is not guaranteed, and actually low percentage.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    JEEEEEEBS
  19. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    No disrespect to you Jeeebs, but your information is misleading and partially off-topic.

- There is a fix that works for Europeans, so they need to follow procedures about them. frost has been in contact with people from Euro leagues and its been tested to work too.
    - N/A
    - No experience myself - N/A
    - This is "Input Delay fix" / not a lag fix and never claimed to be, most people looking for a solution understand this and it would be more confusing to even mention that in the mix of things.
    - I would recommend & I'm sure frost would too, that people do spend the money if they want to continue playing NHL. The success rate is very high, over 90% to those who can successfully do this fix and block the IP. And a very high success of reduced input delay for those who have to block the URL (to the level they can play the game or get input delay free games)

I'm very puzzled how and why all these tech people are ignoring & down playing what's happening because they can't explain it. This even goes for EA personnel. Numbers don't lie and they are higher then people want to believe?

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. BenchBoss67

BenchBoss67 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    BenchBoss67#2150
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -9
    • Like Like x 1
    BenchBoss67