High Hopes and Big Nopes (ECHL Pre-bidding Write-up)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Canadian Hockey League (LGCHL PSN)' started by Kotkaniemi, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Kotkaniemi

Kotkaniemi #TitleOfYourSextape

Discord:
    ImLudo27#4895
    Ratings:
    +243 / 10 / -19
    :team622:Allens Americans:team622:

Owner: @Zeus_Zwick

GM: @Krysh55

These guys are two top lads and I can assure that from all the hours I’ve spent playing with them. Zeus is one of the most experienced managers in this league and has made the playoffs three seasons out of the four he's been owner in the CHL. However, he's never got his team past the first round so that will be his objective in the coming season. As for Krysh55, he doesn't have any management experience, but with Zeus being a super hands on owner, he’ll have to chance to learn while having the confidence that his owner will back him up. He's an above average defenseman, but he isn't elite either. I'm sure they’ll both work hard to get the Americans past the first round of the playoffs.

:team621:Atlanta Gladiators:team621:

Owner: @DeathsRh

GM: @Mike_yacoub

Here we have the exact opposite of the Allen Americans. DeathsRh is having his first go as an owner and has picked a well seasoned GM to assist him. Deaths has only played 17 games on the site, which isn't a lot but everybody has to start somewhere. Mike’s experience balances everything out as he's played 70 games on the CHL, AHL and World Junior stages. He is no slouch as a player either with his career high of 77 points in the CHL, which came in season 7. His team made it to the second round of the playoffs during that season. I like the Deaths’ choice of GM as he can rely on Mike for help because he's been down this road before.

:team624:Cincinnati Cyclones:team624:

Owner: @Tehh__Pwnerer

GM: @Ajax2592

These two have been around the league for long time. Pwnerer started back in S2 while Ajax joined a season later. Pwnerer is the only one who's been management, as in S4 he was the GM of the Toronto Marlies. Pwnerer had a decent outing last season with 42 points through 17 games. Same can be said for Ajax with 19 points in 8 games. They have the experience but do they have the leadership, knowledge of the player pool and problem solving skills that are needed as management? That’s the question that they’ll try to answer this season.

:team629:Fort Wayne Komets:team629:

Owner: @Dedstarks

GM: @EddieDrag

Dedstarks is another owner who needs no introduction. He’s been management for four seasons and has made the playoffs for all of those. He's coming off a first round exit and will look to improve upon that. As for EddieDrag, he's was an AGM for Dedstarks in season 6 and season 7. He's coming off a 19-3-2 season, which is the main reason I like this pick because after a season like that, he would have been an expensive player to get in bidding. The fact that they’ve had managerial roles together is big plus as it means that the adaptation period will be nearly non-existent.

:team631:Greenville Swamp Rabbits:team631:

Owner: @Obrien42295

GM: @D1RTYGARD3NG1RL

These two have played a combined total of 18 games on the site. I'm never too hot about such inexperienced players being given ownership but with the league expanding it was bound to happen. The stats for both these individuals don't look promising but with such a small sample size, I can't make an assumption of their skill level. For them, the goal will be to do their best while also gaining some management experience.

:team630:Idaho Steelheads:team630:

Owner: @nickveezy23

GM: @TheSpot_G_Spot

Just looking at the stats, these two are solid players. The GM had 48 points with a 12-8-0 record while playing center and right wing. The owner went 15-6-1 with 14 points at the LD spot. TheSpot_G_Spot was GM for the Armada last season, but nickveezy23 doesn't have any management experience. I like the look of this duo going into the season.

:team632:Indy Fuel:team632:

Owner: @TH3 0N3 l24l

GM: @ae_MuSe

This is another duo of decent players. The owner had a pretty average record of 8-11-4 with 44 points and the GM had a solid season by going 13-7-4 along with 58 points. This is the same management team as last season’s. They saw their season end in the first round after meeting the Kalamazoo Wings.

Jacksonville Icemen

Owner: @Chernoble29

GM: @big_tony666

Chernoble29 is making his return to management after a one season break. He can say that he's made the playoffs every season he was an owner, which sounds great, but then you learn that it was in the QMJHL and that he never made it past the first round. He isn't a very good player, but his GM is alright. He averages 1.94 ppg over his career and he has played under Chernoble29 before, which is always nice when you’re about to spend at least 8 weeks talking to each other on a daily basis. He was AGM of the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins in S6 so he has some management experience.

:team633:Kalamazoo Wings:team633:

Owner: @Dark_side0895

GM: @yobkcuf

Dark_side0895 is coming back to Kalamazoo with unfinished business to take care of. His team made it to the ECHL finals where they got swept by the Wichita Thunder. However, Dark_side0895 decided to make some changes even before the start of bidding. He’s changing position from RD to RW. This is surprising as he's a really solid RD with a record 53-25-2. However, being good at the game is more than thumb skill, it's also IQ which I believe to be transferable. I wouldn't put it past him to put up around 50 points with 15 wins. As for his GM, he chose yobkcuf who was on Kalamazoo last season and has served as the AGM for the Halifax Mooseheads in S7. Last season, he had 47 points with a 15-7-2 record. I don't think he's a bad pick as GM and I believe he’ll match his S9 numbers or improve upon them.

:team634:Kansas City Mavericks:team634:

Owner: @jacksdawgs

GM: @ggjoey427

This will be jackdawgs’ second season at the helm of the Kansas City Mavericks. Last season, he made a successful position change from goalie to right defense. He went 15-3-3 and led his team to the second round of the ECHL playoffs. His GM oozes with experience as he's been in the league since the PSN side started back in 2015. He was AGM for Manitoba in season 3, so this isn't his first rodeo and he's coming off a 14-5-2 season with 50 points for the Mavericks.

:team635:Orlando Solar Bears:team635:

Owner: @osphoenix

Gm: @Grazman12

This is now everyone's favorite team and these two are lucky to have gotten this team. Osphoenix looks like a decent player with his 2.07 ppg but his record of 17-17-6 isn't anything too exciting. Another thing that seems problematic is his choice to play center. He produces while playing down the middle but his 40% faceoffs leave a lot to be desired in a game where possession is often crucial. I’d rather see him play wing. His GM has no management experience and his 24-22-2 record at RD, screams average. I just feel like better options were available.

:team637:Rapid City Rush:team637:

Owner: @HockeyStarDude

GM: @Kessel_kid81

I know HockeyStarDude pretty well from playing with him last season so I can say that he's a solid player. He had 46 points and a 13-7-3 record last season while playing RW for the Allen Americans. His playstyle can sometimes clash with others’ but I’m sure he’ll find people who work around him. His first management experience was as the owner of Kazakhstan in the latest iteration of the World Juniors. His team didn't qualify for playoffs and he made a questionable first pick by choosing a goalie. I hope that was a learning experience for him and that he won't make the same mistakes. His GM was on the 67s last season and went 12-10-1 with 57 points while manning the middle. These two are solid players but their lack of experience could hinder their success.

:team639:South Carolina Stingrays:team639:

Owner: @mratchet

GM: @Gingy19937

Mratchet is another S1 veteran and he was owner for Sherbrooke during S7 and S8. He made the playoffs in S7 but lost in the first round. His 23-56-7 record isn't encouraging, but he's trying LW this season so we never know. His GM has a total of 5 games on the site. He's seems like a decent goalie, but the sample size is quite small. Sadly, I'm not too hot about them at the moment, but they can always prove me wrong in bidding.

:team640:Toledo Walleye:team640:

Owner: @Ronik

GM: @qwikfinger

Ronik could’ve picked anyone as his GM and it would have been the wrong choice. He should’ve picked coffee. Jokes aside, he's moving back to center and I don't know how I feel about that. His 19-19-5 record with 64 points and a faceoff percentage of 42% don't sound too good. A source named Amy Santiago, told me that he's much better at defense than he is as a forward. His GM seems a bit better and was an AGM for Kelowna in season 8. I'm kind of on the fence about qwikfinger because his record was always around. 500 prior to this season where he went 27-5-0. This season, he has to prove that he's that good and wasn't benefitting too much from being on the Giants.

:team641:Tulsa Oilers:team641:

Owner: @TFBMLegitz2

GM: @Neeposh_patrick

TFBMLegitz2 is at the helm of the Oilers for a second straight season. He's in the subpar category in my eyes as far as defenseman go with 51-58-11 being his record. However, what he lacks in skill, he makes up for with management experience with 4 seasons as an owner and 3 seasons where his team made the playoffs. I like Neeposh_patrick as his GM because he has some AHL experience and scored 79 points in season 7. He’s a good player and I believe he's worth the free contract.

:team642:Utah Grizzlies:team642:

Owner: @SIU140

GM: @rat48180

If anyone is a Brooklyn 99 fan, these two are LG’s Hitchcock and Scully. These two are subpar players with SIU140 being the better of the two. SIU has a 36-42-5 record and Rat has a record of 76-90-13. They do have a lot of experience, but their teams have never been powerhouses and I don't think that it will change this season.
    images (5).jpeg

:team643:Wheeling Nailers:team643:

Owner: @KyleLBH

GM: @Helixtex

KyleLBH was a CHL owner for S4, S5 and S6 and made it to round 3 in S5. He's pretty average as a defenseman just by looking at his stats. His GM has never played LG so he's a big wildcard.

:team619:Wichita Thunder:team619:

Owner: @AffordableDreams

GM: @Insane_girl_Qc85

AffordableDreams is a decent player, but his biggest strength is his self-awareness. He knows that he's not an incredible player, but he surrounds himself with players who amplify his strengths while also minimizing his weaknesses. He picked Insane_girl_Qc85 as his GM. She's a good goalie and speaking French is a big asset when scouting players. Most Frenchies speak English but they prefer speaking French and Insane can facilitate communication with Affordable who doesn't speak the language of Molière. Affordable also likes to bring in players who haven't played LG before and that makes him a threat in bidding.

I'll make standings predictions after bidding.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    In Hockey Ultimate Team
    mike71111
  2. GenralGingerB

GenralGingerB GinGer

Ratings:
    +214 / 14 / -44
    go cyclones go

• Like Like x 1
    GeneralGingerBreadNHL
  3. Farx9

Farx9 S8/S9/S10 Hamilton Bulldogs Owner

Discord:
    Farx9#0786
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -1
    Great post! You doing one for the other leagues also

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Zeus_Zwick

Zeus_Zwick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -3
    • Like Like x 1
    zeus_zwick
  5. BowDownFB

BowDownFB Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +138 / 28 / -15
    go fuel go :team632:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. GuruGreg79

GuruGreg79 Portland Winterhawks Owner

Discord:
    GuruGreg79#5238
    Ratings:
    +145 / 8 / -8
    OHL one just went up. QMJHL and WHL should come tomorrow.

GuruGreg79
  7. looper_61

looper_61 S6 Memorial Cup Champion

Discord:
    Loops#5030
    Ratings:
    +352 / 17 / -49
    @Kotkaniemi love the B99 reference lmao. Rat is for sure Hitchcock but a good guy.

As for yacoub, that season he played 3rd lines the whole due to team depth, so him and fordifide put 70+.

Good 2nd line, average 1st liner there.

Looper_61
  8. GenralGingerB

GenralGingerB GinGer

Ratings:
    +214 / 14 / -44
    He also traded away the best rd to hit the chl in s7, or maybe that was looper. Hmmmmm

• Like Like x 1
    GeneralGingerBreadNHL
  9. TheSpot_G_Spot

TheSpot_G_Spot Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -2
    Where’s the love Ginger?

No Streaming Account
  10. looper_61

looper_61 S6 Memorial Cup Champion

Discord:
    Loops#5030
    Ratings:
    +352 / 17 / -49
    :thinking:

Looper_61
  11. SIU140

SIU140 Owner Utah Grizzlies

Discord:
    SIU140#0319
    Ratings:
    +109 / 6 / -16
    Good write up. Thanks for the challenge.

• Like Like x 1
    SIU140
  12. rat48180

rat48180 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    R.A.T#6541
    Ratings:
    +98 / 20 / -27
    Good write up but this season is not going to be like last season so good luck to all of u

rat48180
  13. nickveezy23

nickveezy23 Self-Proclaimed Greatest of All Time

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -3
    nickveezy
  14. WateryDolphin77

WateryDolphin77 I make stuff spin and do spin-o-rama's

Discord:
    Dakota/Dolphin#8103
    Ratings:
    +525 / 42 / -54

WDolphin77
  15. crazeematt1

crazeematt1 S9 SeaDogs Owner | QMJ Champ | Mem Cup Finalist

Discord:
    xMatt26#8140
    Ratings:
    +890 / 41 / -121
    Oh baby it's the second coming of jag

MrImster
  16. TH3 0N3 l24l

TH3 0N3 l24l 3on3

Discord:
    th3_0n3 l24l#6628
    Ratings:
    +177 / 19 / -18
    Nice write up. Would have been cool to see a bit more in-depth but understandable since you did it in your spare time.
    Cheers

th3_0n3_l24l