Hiring Staff for NHL Team League

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Cromags21, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cromags21

Cromags21 LGBA Commissioner

Ratings:
    +187 / 0 / -0
    We would like to start off with some new addition to the LG NHL Team League for NHL 13

We are looking for members to join the the NHL Team League Staff.

League Official:

We are looking for 3 Members to be the League Officials. If you are interested in helping NHL Team League and would like to be big part of the league for NHL 13. Please Contact Me [Cromags21] for more information on Job Duties.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Media Boardcasting [Radio Show]

Looking for at least 3 to 6 Member to take part in weekly Radio shows.Looking at 3 Shows a Week with 2 ppl working together on each show for the week.

- Must be reliable for the nights of the radio shows.

Sunday @ 10pm est
    Tuesday @ 9pm or 11pm
    Thursday @ 11pm est

Media Video - [Youtube - UStream Video]

- Must be willing to do 1 show a week
    - Highlights reels
    - Phone interviews
    - Video to Video interviews
    - Must be reliable each week for 1 show

News Writers - [ Writing Articles weekly]

- Must be reliable to Write 1 article a week
    - Video Highlights
    - Interview Management/Players
    - Power Rankings

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophies & Awards Committee:

This is Job happens once a season. It is not a demanding Job.

- Looking for 3 Members for Trophies and Awards committee:

- Some Trophies & Awards are easy to put in place. [ Maurice Richard, Art Ross Conn Smythe...etc]

- Some Trophies and Awards will need a vote. [Like Best Management group]

If Interested Contact Me [Cromags21]

------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Streaming Account
  2. Scrapy Morano

Scrapy Morano Youngest NHL Legend

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'd be intrested in doing Media Video I have an HD Capture Card

No Streaming Account
  3. atomicstorm13

atomicstorm13 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 4 / -3
    I would volunteer for the awards committee.

No Streaming Account
  4. Boglord

Boglord AHL Bound!

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    I have a cature card sitting around soemwhere. Maybe I should find it and knock the dust off it lol

No Streaming Account
  5. Williams x12x

Williams x12x #WillyAfterDark

Discord:
    Williams x12x#8346
    Ratings:
    +730 / 15 / -22
    League official and awards committee

Williamsx12x
  6. ClarkesKids

ClarkesKids #6 LD/RD - Clarke

Discord:
    ClarkesKids#7109
    Ratings:
    +433 / 0 / -2
    I would help out with awards committee also.

No Streaming Account
  7. SV Sniper 92

SV Sniper 92 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I would like to be a part of the Awards Committee.

No Streaming Account
  8. BROKEUDOWN

BROKEUDOWN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -6
    Id contribute to the Power Ranking.

id like to have some1 to collected stats, then give the stats to the writers, and writers throw down their take on each team, and a Editor (can change from week to week) will put his final stamp on it and send out a finalized version.

It is a BiG task to take on, and really about Delicately talking about who currently sucks. I wouldn't do it by myself.

No Streaming Account
  9. VintageMC

VintageMC Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I may be able to help with media. I'm an amateur video editor; I mostly make music videos. I have over 10 years experience but very off and on.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
    No Streaming Account
  10. weenus

weenus Derptown

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I could help out with some stuff but it comes down to free time. I'm already spread extremely thin with my work schedule and GMing a team. I basically get off work and immediately jump on Xbox for hours, I miss out on dinner and everything and my girl is not thrilled with that as is. I'll see what opening I have, but I'll find a way to contribute in some way regardless, because I want to see LG become the solid standard of league play. 12-13 is going to be a big year for us I think.

No Streaming Account
  11. atomicstorm13

Ratings:
    +102 / 4 / -3
    take care of the "peenus" weenus. :D

No Streaming Account
  12. weenus

weenus Derptown

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Here is a pretty important question moving forward. Who here has a working capture card and can capture HD video off of their Xbox?

No Streaming Account
  13. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    I'de be interested in doing the power rankings every week, or a similar article. However I would like to see easier breakdowns regarding recent games played, records against other teams etc etc.

No Streaming Account
  14. weenus

weenus Derptown

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    the problem with any kind of critical articles is a complete lack of ability to do so. In the PC game world, recapping and/or doing breakdowns of matches, or playbooking teams is easier because most PC games either have replays that can be saved, downloaded, and viewed, or they are streamed and archived on sites like twitch.tv. In our world, the only way you can breakdown or recap a match is if you were a participant. It is EXTREMELY limiting for coverage, also, I don't think players in a game should be breaking that game down. I'd rather read an article written about a team or a match that hasn't been written by the winner or loser of that specific match.

I even think the power ranking is hard to really write with the limited resources. All you can go off of is the post-game stats which, in my experience, is a buggy system that sometimes takes the stats you input and twists and shapes them at it's own leisure, and that still doesn't really tell you the story of chemistry (or lack there-of), defensive breakdowns, wacky bounces, strong plays by people...

Once a league is capable of getting replays of the majority of their matches onto a livestream site like twitch, it will open the coverage world up 10 fold. Before I got into playing NHL on Xbox, I was a coverage correspondent in competitive gaming since 04. The only reason I haven't applied myself to writing and coverage in these leagues is because the resources are a complete joke, largely in part to EA Sports total ignorance to the trends in the gaming industry right now. All Rammer has to do is google 'StarCraft 2' and they would see how important the ability to livestream a video game can be. Not saying that EA Sports should code an entire streaming output into their console game, but a spectator slot would be a start in the right direction.

No Streaming Account
  15. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    So whoever is doing the power rankings is going to watch every game played?

No Streaming Account
  16. atomicstorm13

Ratings:
    +102 / 4 / -3
    Only if you do it.

No Streaming Account
  17. atomicstorm13

Ratings:
    +102 / 4 / -3
    I will also withdraw my interest in the award committee. I am more suited for programming/architecture since that is my trade.

No Streaming Account
  18. Sir Riasus

Sir Riasus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 0 / -0
    Weenus, I think you are conceptually correct, but in the real world that doesn't make any sense. Who is going to volunteer the full time hours to review every game and then write a comprehensive article about it. Sorry, I would volunteer a couple of hours, but not 40+ that would be required in your desired outcome. How about we just be happy that someone is willing to help out the site, contribute something and be content.

No Streaming Account
  19. weenus

weenus Derptown

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    You could have a few different writers who work different team beats. There are a lot of people who cover real hockey without being paid to do it. They do it because they enjoy it. Also, when I got started covering competitive gaming it was just a hobby. In the time I was involved I watched it grow to a level where I was able to quit my retail day job and focus on writing for years. Had the economy not busted causing a few things to buckle, I would probably be living in LA making solid money all from competitive gaming. Things worked out a little different unfortunately.

The vast majority of coverage for any competitive game is volunteer hours. You might be surprised but some people are just willing to put that time in. Also, watching a match is 20 minutes, and the more you watch matches and break them down, the more you learn how to skim through them or maximize your time.

It's not the same amount of time it takes to play a game. You don't have to wait for a team to get their 6 in, get into a lobby, and get started, you just have the 20 or so minutes of actual game time to watch through.

Also, every match doesn't have to be broken down. Before I stopped writing, I was covering a few different Counter-Strike leagues. The 12 team invite league and a 40 team league of the teams that weren't quite at the top level. Every match night, the majority of matches are throwaway games. You don't have to write a breakdown of every game, you can just highlight a game or a couple of games per match night, if even that.

The most important thing is the backlog. Having access to every game that say, Detroit played against Chicago, so I can pull those games up and skim through them to write a preview for an upcoming Playoff series, for example.

No Streaming Account
  20. Sir Riasus

Sir Riasus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 0 / -0
    I hear what you are saying, but you are also comparing apples to oranges. Sure people cover REAL hockey for free... There are thousands of players, millions of fans, with the ultimate goal of getting recognized and actually being paid to do it in the future. This league has what, 200 players at its max? We aren't the VHL with 3K+ players, plus I am pretty sure that league doesn't have fans that check in to watch games. The only people that care about games are the ones who actually play it. Sorry man, but being a coverage correspondent (whatever the hell that is lol) at LG isn't going to be taking you to the promise land of drinking out of coconunts, being fanned and fed grapes in the big city of LA. (double LOL). I am sorry your dreams of being a professional coverage correspondent were shattered with the economy (someone tell Obama), as I am sure your parents were devastated. Look on the bright side, you are now a player in a premier league and if you think announcers make the big bucks, wait till you get a lucrative player contract like Weber.

Ok, ok, I am done ripping now. No insult intended, it was all in good fun. You just gave me far too much material to work with... In all honesty though, lets crawl before we can walk/run. Lets at least get consistent, weekly PR's done and improve upon them. See what works, what doesn't. What you are suggesting, while is awesome in the perfect world, is unrealistic for us right now as this revived league is still in its infancy stages. Let's get a base crew going and see what they can pump out before we get into recorded games, live coverage and all that other stuff. If we grow and start to get a larger member base, who knows we may eventually get there and you can retire in LA provided the economy stays stable.

Cheers,

Dirty

Coverage Correspondent LOL

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
    No Streaming Account
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.