Holed out on #7!

Discussion in 'TFC Ontario Soccer - Previous Gen' started by jmarks2001, Feb 24, 2004.

1. jmarks2001

jmarks2001 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's not a very long hole and some of you could probably chip/pitch to the green, but I've been having such a hard time with half-wedge shots that I laid up on the left side of the fairway with a 3-wood off the tee. Left myself about 110 yards to the pin situatued towards the front-right of the green, hitting from a slight down/side-hill lie (left to right) with about 10mph left to right. Took a swing with a 3/4 SW, and got the "slo-mo" cam. Then I thought to myself, "holing this sure would kickstart my round". Sure enough, one bounce on the front of the green with a little kick forward and some roll. It got just enough of the left side of the cup to fall.

Scorecard:
    http://www.xsnsports.com/Links/ScoreCard/?lgid=8995&gid=653489

To those of you with 5 or 6 aces/double eagles (you bastards), this wouldn't be a a big deal. But to someone like me, with 1440 holes played on XSN, probably 3000 on live, and probably another 1500 offline, this felt good. My previous long hole-out was a 65 yard pitch, so this was by far my longest.

Just wait until I actually hit my first ace, the post about it will probably be the size of a short novel.

No Streaming Account
  2. CanEHdian

CanEHdian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great job jamrks, this coming from one of those "bastards" with a bunch of hole in one's :D 8) :evil:

No Streaming Account
  3. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Awesome job, I still haven't made the elusive hole in one, although I've had a pair of double eagles on Par 5's.

I've had several shots hanging on the lip, but still no ace... after 2600+ holes on XSN and probably twice that number including XBL matches and offline play. Frustrating.

No Streaming Account
  4. PhatSOB

PhatSOB Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    obviously they were on par 5's

No Streaming Account
  5. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You can get an ace on a Par 4 Mr. Smarty Pants, and the game doesn't count it as a hole in one. :wink:

No Streaming Account
  6. TommyNuGuns

TommyNuGuns Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great job Jmarks! I have yet to get a hole in one either. Have had a couple within an inch but still no luck. My longest hole out was 55 yards out and that came last sunday night in the team match league.

No Streaming Account
  7. CanEHdian

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    XBoxJon wrote:
    You can get an ace on a Par 4 Mr. Smarty Pants, and the game doesn't count it as a hole in one.

Actually i've had 2 hole in one's on par 4's and the one counted as a hole in one on my XBL stats. The other was in a tourny and woulnd't ya know it didn't post :(

No Streaming Account
  8. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The "counting" I was referring to is in your offline/career profile.

Does XBL keep track of aces too? I haven't seen it, although I can't say that I've looked very hard at the XBL scoreboards because they load so damn slow.

No Streaming Account
  9. CanEHdian

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not sure if it counts it while playing offline. I havent' had any offline so no clue if it does or not.

And yes XBL does keep track of your hole in one's. It's I believe the third line down under games played and rounds played, not sure if those are the first 2 or not.

No Streaming Account
  10. jperry31

jperry31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I had 1 hole in one at loch lomond, had the ball land in the rough on a hard pin posistion, and bounce out into the hole. I saved it, but I haven't watched it, becuase i'm scared of the rollback thing.

No Streaming Account
  11. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    jp - just save a shot with your current profile, and if you watch the ace and it rolls back, just watch the saved shot you made with your current profile and it will roll back forward.

No Streaming Account
  12. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Got my first hole in one tonight. Oakmont #8, windy conditions, medium pins. I was so happy. The best part is that it was in a different league that I'm in so it was recorded on XSN. It was a beautiful shot too. That's the hole when you have hardly any skill points you need a three wood to reach the green. Well, like I said it was windy, and I used my 2 or 3 iron (it was a couple of hours ago so I can't remember) to sink it from 257 yards. It landed about 12 yards from the hole and rolled perfectly straight into the hole. Had just a little too much speed so it hit the stick and dropped, it didn't bounce back out though and go back in, so it was a clean hole in one. I didn't think I'd ever get one.

No Streaming Account
  13. CanEHdian

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great job juji, this must have been in the Mid West tour right?

I also got 1 of my hole in one's at that hole and by the sounds of it we had pretty much the exact same shot. Windy conditions used my 3 iron I believe and it rolled straight it after it hit the green.

No Streaming Account
  14. jujimum

jujimum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks! Yeah, it was in the Midwest tour. That's funny how similar our shots were. I actually had the composure to save it too, but I couldn't focus on the rest of the match. Plus, I got real paranoid that the round wouldn't post. I played about ten rounds tonight and they all posted, so I figured that one wouldn't...but it did!

I'm still going to lose the tournament, but at least I got that elusive son-of-a-gun finally!

No Streaming Account