How is this not a penalty?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by weenus, Jun 3, 2012.

1. weenus

weenus Derptown

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I've been noticing this mostly in OT over the past few months. I don't know if the game adds penalty leeway in OT, or if the last tuner specifically affected this, but I have seen this quite a few times. The goalie is completely interfered with, pushed backwards into the net, and not afforded the possibility of making the save. Typically in regulation play, the moment the goal is 'scored' they call it a penalty. Not sure why it's ignored in OT.

[video]http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/123738843[/video]

Note: This is not an attack on the players involved, the goalie interference in this game is a magnetic nightmare that drags you in any time you drive anywhere near the guy, and more often than not they call incidentals as interference. Just wondering if anyone has seen this as well recently or has an explanation for how the game is interpreting the play.

No Streaming Account
  2. Primetimme

Primetimme - Nick.

Discord:
    primetimme#0
    Ratings:
    +3,684 / 41 / -169
    I think the better question is why is there 2 forwards behind the D in the goalies face?

Primetimme1
  3. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    actually the player who took the puck into the crease had possession and a scoring chance at the time of impact. It' not a penalty. I think the only new rule is that players can't "push" the goalie into the net or if he has the puck from the original shot. If the puck didn't bounce out there would have been a quick whistle but in real time and it being only 2 seconds top it would have clearly been a good goal with no penalty. Usually there would have been a D on top of that fwd in the goalie's face.

4. Bassani 097

Bassani 097 This place is a joke.

Discord:
    Bassani 097#6008
    Ratings:
    +217 / 47 / -52
    Ok, so that's not a penalty. But when the goalie comes out 10 feet out of their crease to stack the pads on a breakaway & the puck carrier ends up running into the goalie because there is literally nowhere to go, that's interference.

And I agree with the goalies being magnets. Funny how when you try to hit them in their little bubble, you can't, but when you're trying to stay away from them, you get drawn in. Go figure...

No Streaming Account
  5. Cromags21

Cromags21 LGBA Commissioner

Ratings:
    +187 / 0 / -0
    It's all depends on EA if they want to call it or not.

Remember : It's In The Game

No Streaming Account
  6. Meeble

Meeble Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    fixed

No Streaming Account
  7. puest

puest Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1
    rammered

No Streaming Account
  8. weenus

weenus Derptown

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely spot on here. I blew it on that play, haha! They were buzzing on us that shift and it was inevitable. I was mostly just curious because I watched a situation earlier yesterday where it was the 'silent delayed penalty' for goalie interference that only counts as a penalty if the offending team reached the back of the net. I just don't exactly understand the difference of how NHL calls some of them a penalty and others not. I thought it was due to OT but Ozzy has a good enough explanation for me.

About the magnet stuff... the worst part is when you see people get stuck behind the damn goalie in the crease. It's weird though, sometimes I feel like interference doesn't get called for human goalies as much, even when they're in identical situations as penalties you see against AI goalies. I really hate that they coded in the 'human element' of refereeing in the game.

No Streaming Account
  9. atomicstorm13

atomicstorm13 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 4 / -3
    I particularly like leaving my crease to bump into a player when the puck is no where to draw a minor. Thanks EA!!

No Streaming Account
  10. chrisphil1724

chrisphil1724 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Regardless of how poorly the D played, the call should have been made.

No Streaming Account
  11. VintageMC

VintageMC Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Much like most new features in this series the goalie interference is indeed broken. It's random and can be quite easy to exploit. Let's not forget this either: If you hit the goalie you get a penalty. If you massacre the goalie and knock off the net, you don't.

Things like this make me realize why the game lacks authenticity and many times rewards the wrong team or wrong players. There is a complete lack of logic with how they develop this game. Think about how ridiculous they are: They made it so you select your position before finding a game in club... but not in OTP. Riiiiight... because we needed that in club, not in drop-ins where half the players drop-out because they didn't get their position. Fucking idiots EA, lol.

Goalie interference will in all likeliness be fixed (to some degree) next year, but that won't matter. There will be another "brand new" feature that makes you want to pull your hair out.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
    No Streaming Account
  12. sauce47

sauce47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +512 / 57 / -92
    broken game.

No Streaming Account