How Utica was forfeited out of the playoffs...

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by m_sibs, Mar 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eZDangles

eZDangles Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +393 / 7 / -16
    agreed that you obviously didn't read the rules if you think it says "no one except a goalie who hasn't left the net can play 3 games by 6" because it does not say that.

It only specifies minimums for each roster player (1/4, 2/6), with 3 being the max for the week.

• Like Like x 1
    eZDangles
  2. m_sibs

m_sibs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 1 / -4
    If the league was aware of the loophole, they should have communicated that ruling to the league at that time. They did not.

misibs
  3. m_sibs

m_sibs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 1 / -4

ECUs were used every time it was required. AHL Subsitutions were also used a couple of times.

Your statement "No one except a goalie who hasn't left the net can play 3 games by game 6. Again it's in the rules and they clearly weren't read." is completely false. I have dissected the rules to make them more easily understood. I suggest you read my first post again.

misibs
  4. VileBooey

VileBooey Let Odin Guide You

Ratings:
    +50 / 1 / -3
    How many games a week were players allowed to play? How many were a goalie allowed to play? Add the playoff scheduling rules (1in4 2in6) on top of that and you have your answer.

Everything I said is correct and in the rules. You obviously didn't read it because what I copied and pasted clearly states that if a player is going to miss his 1 game in 4 or his 2nd game is 6 then an ECU must be used. Not a Substituion. If a sub was used it was illegal and the game would be overturned. Again stated clearly in the rules.

Honestly how hard is it to read these things?

• Troll Troll x 1
    Vilebooey
  5. VileBooey

VileBooey Let Odin Guide You

Ratings:
    +50 / 1 / -3
    Maybe you should try reading what I posted. It clearly states if a player is going to miss his required games and can't be rescheduled to properly to get his 1 in 4 or 2 in 6 then an ECU is required. Not a Substituion. It is in the rules and you did a terrible "dissection".

Vilebooey
  6. eZDangles

eZDangles Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +393 / 7 / -16
    @VileBooey clicked your name to confirm based on age if you were still at a pre-school/elementary reading level but it doesn't show. anyways, you are completely missing the entire argument of this thread from the very first post. EVERY PLAYER IS GETTING THEIR MINIMUM 1/4 and 2/6 GAMES VIA ECU OR OTHERWISE. your ECU/SUBSTITUTION post is 100% irrelevant.

i'll do the math for you as well because you're obviously moving pretty slow here. by game 6 with 9 roster forwards and 6 roster D, there are exactly enough for 2 games to be played AS A SKATER - fine. for goalie, there are 6 games and only 4 games needed for 2/6. that leaves 2 free games at goalie position up for grabs. SHOW ME WHERE IT SAYS A PLAYER CAN'T PLAY 3 GAMES BY GAME 6. with no position lock, this TECHNICALLY allows for a player to play their 3rd in net by taking 1 of 2 extra free games from a goalie thereby not affecting any roster players minimums.

as @m_sibs posted, your comment "No one except a goalie who hasn't left the net can play 3 games by game 6. Again it's in the rules and they clearly weren't read." is not an actual rule. YOU clearly didn't read the rules, and YOU clearly didn't read this post from the beginning.

• Winner Winner x 2
    eZDangles
  7. Illyfilly

Illyfilly Brenty Gee

Ratings:
    +398 / 89 / -196
    Lol at JLM's text below his name! :). Go Pen....FLYERS!!!

No Streaming Account
  8. m_sibs

m_sibs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 1 / -4
    There was never any violation of the ECU or AHL Substitution rules. The league never made that argument, you are the only person who thinks that is the issue.
    There were some cases where I had to use an ECU, and I did. There were other cases where I was able to use an AHL Substitution and I did.
    Neither of those things have anything to do with why Utica was given a forfeit loss.

misibs
  9. GonzoArmstrong

GonzoArmstrong Well-Known Member

Discord:
    GonzoArmstrong#4735
    Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    What happened to your team is specifically listed in the playoff rules as an example of A RULE VIOLATION. YOU DO NOT JUST THROW IT AWAY BECAUSE ITS NOT IN THE SECTION YOU WANT IT TO BE IN.

Article 2.4
    A player or manager receiving a third degree violation will lose his game eligibility. Since a player can be scheduled for a MAX three games a series(two in the first six, and then game 7), depending on how many games a player has played will determine what game they are not eligible for.

• Like Like x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    xXxGonzoArmstrongxXx
  10. Jlm1410

Jlm1410 S11 Jack Adams winner

Discord:
    jlm1410#0787
    Ratings:
    +510 / 17 / -46
    Lol illy, can we close this topic already, can't change the rules now and it might not even be changed

• Troll Troll x 1
    jlm1410gaming
  11. W1kd84

W1kd84 Former Call of Duty 1 and 2 PC Pro Team Verb

Discord:
    W1kd84#6929
    Ratings:
    +267 / 22 / -101
    UTICA UTICA UTICA

w1kd__84
  12. GonzoArmstrong

GonzoArmstrong Well-Known Member

Discord:
    GonzoArmstrong#4735
    Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    I sent this to Hadji. Not sure if it will be listened to or not.

I think adding these two sentences to further clarify the playoff rules would be a great idea.

Additions to section 1.4
    A skater can be scheduled for a MAX three games a series(two in the first six, and then game 7)
    A goalie can be scheduled for a MAX five games a series (three in the first four, once in games 5 or 6, and then game 7)

Thanks,
    Gonzo

• Like Like x 2
    xXxGonzoArmstrongxXx
  13. IllVIBEZIll

IllVIBEZIll Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,196 / 50 / -104
    Sibs, you're done. We brought up the same exact thing earlier on the same day. But we inquired about it first. So if they made an exception for you, they'd have to go get Doc ad the Delorian, go zooming past the clock tower and let us play the Checkers again.

I do see the point you're trying to make. But it also clearly defines a MAX of 2 in 6 a few lines downs.

You have no real arguments and as many others, your season is over because you broke the rules.

• Winner Winner x 1
    zubov_x_21
  14. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    It literally doesn't get any easier for staff. Sibs, you are listed as a defence men, meaning you fall under the player scheduling limitations regardless of where you play. You played three games in the first six games resulting in your third game which was a win to be overturned to a forfeit. Ineligible player in the rule book outlines that clearly.

It is a shitty way to lose a series but the violation of the rules is 100%. Accept the punishment and move on.

• Winner Winner x 3
    LeagueGamingOfficial
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.