IMPORTANT! READ!

Discussion in 'LG Madden Online Franchise' started by Latdogg, Aug 10, 2003.

1. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Ok, the NFL League is now full. This means we will be running the regular 2003-2004 schedule. The game is due out September 2nd, which is less than 1 month away. We will begin Season 1 probably mid September. The reason for the delay is because we will need to get the settings right. Good luck everyone with the teams you all selected!

Gajeske85
  2. DonRSD

DonRSD Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    you should play on default settings

makes the playing feild even for EVERYONE

i found default settings doesnt cater to just 1 persons way

its the way the game is played

the ONLY thing that should be noted it to play with the MOST RECENT roster updates

[​IMG]

No Streaming Account
  3. The Original MP

The Original MP Wreck 'Em Tech

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    most of us agree so far after playing nfl2k3....the game is pretty good with out tweaking...unlike nhl2k3... :( ....although if there are sliders latdogg and xboxjon will most likely look into producing some good sim football but hopefully we wont have to do that :)

No Streaming Account
  4. DonRSD

DonRSD Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    im just worried about people *tweaking* it to THEIR likings.

thats why i say default settings

[​IMG]

No Streaming Account
  5. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Nahh, we will go with what we think is fun, but realistic, it wont be bad guys.

Gajeske85
  6. SlugCruncher

SlugCruncher Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    living in crappy england could mean that i dont get the game at the same time.... what will this mean for me???? could i join half way through and play a lot of games in one go?????? The game on a UK shop website is on pre-order: Due out Sept 03... but we know how the gap between US and UK release!!

No Streaming Account
  7. Babolat

Babolat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's an interesting thought. You will have to IM Latdogg for that one.

No Streaming Account
  8. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Don,

Please read the welcome thread if you haven't already:

http://www.leaguegaming.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=747

"The games that we like to play provide more of a sim aspect to the sport as opposed to a more arcade feel. Basicly we are looking for the title that gives the most realistic interpretation of the actual sport."

This also means that if a game plays arcadish out of the box, that there WILL be tweaking done to the sliders to provide a more realistic interpretetation of the sport. We want the results and stats of our online games to look like real scores and stats.

With the way NFL2k3 plays on defaults, it seems pretty good with respect to stats. You can run, pass, defend pretty well, etc.. If we were playing that game, I'd say that we wouldn't have to do much tweaking at all (maybe just penalty tweaking).

We don't know how NFL2k4 is going to play, so nothing has been decided yet. Latdogg will play multiple games with members and staff and then we'll decide how we want the game to be setup (like we did with our NHL2k3 league).

EVERYONE in the league will use the same slider setup for each and every game. If you're looking for an arcade league with 600 yds passing, never punting, 10 TD's a game... this isn't it. I don't think most gamers enjoy that, and everyone will probably be very happy to see some 17-14 type of games with a balanced offense (like Striker and I had yesterday in NFL2k3).

No Streaming Account
  9. Latdogg

Latdogg USAF

Discord:
    gajeske85#0
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Slug, we will see when the game comes out for you. The season wont start till mid September, so you still have a chance to play. I will keep you in for now.

Gajeske85
  10. DonRSD

DonRSD Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    click the link under my name in the sig

look at those stats

its on basic default setting with 6 MINUTE qtrs

No Streaming Account
  11. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Like I said, NFL2k3 feels pretty good on default (other than a lack of penalties called).

Hopefully NFL2k4 will be the same.

No Streaming Account
  12. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i kind of like the lack of penalties...im not too fond of uncontrollable AI penalties *cough* nhl 2k3 *cough*

No Streaming Account
  13. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If we want the games to represent their real sports, we need a realistic amount of penalties being called.

Without AI penalties in NHL2k3, you'd rarely see power plays and penalty kill situations.

I don't know what the average is for an NFL game, but I'll be looking it up before NFL2k4 comes out.

You need some holding calls, false starts, face masks, clipping, etc to make it interesting.

No Streaming Account
  14. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i personally dont want AI false starts.... thats kind of bogus....nothing you can control...also all those things are called but your just not going to see them called a whole bunch in a 5 minute quarter game....oh and another note, something of those penalties could really screw you over and i dont find that fair when once again you cant control it...

like i said before though, whatever you guys decide is ok by me....that is until i have 20 false starts in game because you wanted realistic penalties!!! :twisted: :laugh:

No Streaming Account
  15. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What we need to look at is the average number of plays run in a 60 minute NFL game.

Then look at the average number of penalties called.

For NFL2k4, the number of plays will be close to the those in a full NFL game, even on 5/6/7/8 minute length quarters. So, even though it might be a shorter game time-wise, the same number of plays will likely be called, which means the same number of penalties should be called.

As for not being able to control the AI and when they take a penalty, that's what makes it fun!

Just like in real life, the NHL or NFL coach can't control when his players are going to take a stupid penalty, and neither can we. If you're controlling the QB and your OL takes a holding penalty, it's the same as in real life... the real life QB has no control of that.

If I'm a breakaway with Doug Weight and Pronger high sticks someone behind the play, too bad... it's a game imitating life.

Penalties are just as much a part of the NFL and football in general as a running play. Without either one, you aren't really playing football.

No Streaming Account
  16. The Original MP

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes you are its just what we would call "unorganized football" :) still football none the less. :)

No Streaming Account