HeadLine Interview With Management

With Chicago Wolves GM Meestah Don

1. Oxiidiize-VA

Oxiidiize-VA Warning Group

Discord:
    jaredrox1103#7941
    Ratings:
    +153 / 22 / -65
    Interview With Management - With Chicago Wolves GM Meestah Don.

jaredrox1103

Thanks for joining me today Meestah. What is going to follow is a couple of questions allowing the LG society to get to know the person behind the name, and a couple tips that you would be willing to give to prospective TC'ers

MeestahDon

Sounds good

jaredrox1103

Let's start it off. How long have you been playing NHL competitively?

MeestahDon

I’ve been playing EASHL since nhl 11 or so just with friends from school and such but I didn’t get into playing LG until it made its way onto the next gen consoles in NHL 16

jaredrox1103

How did you find out about LG? Through friends, or by playing drop ins?

MeestahDon

Saw a lot of people talking about it on twitter and in another smaller league that me and a few buddies played on the side. They always talked it up to be the best league for competition so we decided to give it a go

jaredrox1103

Piggie backing on saying it was talked up to being the best league. Do you agree with that statement?

MeestahDon

Absolutely. The best level of competition is here on LG. There are other leagues to play in for fun but when it comes down to it LG has the most players in it so it helps with the level of competition

jaredrox1103

I agree. Once I stepped foot into this league the competition level was intense. It can be very easy to be lost in the mix with other TC's. So what made you want to go into management?

MeestahDon

My first season in LG on Xbox I had to ride out a season in the CHL like every new player on the site has to but luckily I was with a few of my friends from school who all decided to play as well. After that first season of seeing how it was to help run that team me and Paulychunks have ran almost every team we’ve been on for both Xbox and PSN until this season. Something about management being able to build your own team makes it fun and it helps that you have control over how good your team can be

jaredrox1103

With being management though. It definitely causes some problems, lots of different egos running around. How do you find ways to ease the tension, and have the team preform with harmony

MeestahDon

Ya there are some times where you can run into problems like that. For the most part when I’m building a team I focus more on people I know and people I can trust. If there’s someone I’m picking up that I don’t know I go and talk to people that person has played with to get their opinion on how they are as a person and how they are on the sticks. One of the most underrated parts to building a team is to have everybody on the same page like one big family. Anyone who’s been apart of my teams in the past will tell you that we’re all a tight group that can play the game.

jaredrox1103

That is always important in this kind of environment, teams of the past have larger than life egos to the point where the whole team turns against each other and therefore collapses. That being said. What advice would you give to a new manager, or one that is currently facing these cancerous problems?

MeestahDon

My advice would be to get out in front of it. Let people know before anything gets out of hand that some things won’t be tolerated in the team chat. With that being said however there’s always friendly chirping and people joking around talking about being the best which is fine especially if that person lives up to their big talk. But it’s always good to listen to everybody’s opinions on the matters at hand. Being in the league for a while, as well as my management partners in gumba and datsyukiandeke, we have the respect from our team after they’ve seen what we’ve been able to accomplish in the past. But the respect goes both ways.

jaredrox1103

Yup. If you have no respect for management or the management has no respect for you, the team will inevitably sink. Going back on tips. What would you tell a tc player trying to inch up to the main roster?

MeestahDon

Be involved in the team chat and make sure you’re ready when the team needs an ECU. Most of the guys I’ve used draft picks on or tried to grab in bidding coming up from the CHL are guys that have been on my TC in the past and I’ve seen play. There’s no better scouting than seeing some of the prospects in game action in a league game against the competition you’re gonna see them against in the next season. One other tip is before the league games or after people are always looking to club so if there’s a spot open try to get in there and show your stuff. For one example our goalie on Chicago jasonx1755 was on my TC last season and he played so well he earned himself a spot in the ahl with us this season after what we saw last season.

jaredrox1103

Absolutely. Most of the hidden gems in lg are in the tc. Never let being on tc dissuade you of playing. Last question. And it’s going to be a goofy one. There are a lot of knuckleheads cough philly that give the SB character. How do you contribute or torment anyone in the shout box?

MeestahDon

The shoutbox is always a fun time. There’s always people arguing about who sucks more it seems. However one of the biggest things in video games and in hockey is the chirping. It wouldn’t be the same without it. If you win a big game don’t be afraid to let the other team know who they lost to. If you took a hard L expect to catch some chirps next time you’re in the shoutbox. Don’t take it too personally it’s apart of the game and apart of the league. Have fun with it I know my team and I do Philly being the head guy. That won’t be changing anytime soon.

jaredrox1103

Amen. Glad to see it. Thanks for your time meestah and good luck the rest of the season

MeestahDon

You too tell deeds not to choke too hard come playoff time for me.

jaredrox1103

Will do :)

Support the news team, like, comment & share your thoughts on their work

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    Jaredtwilbs
  2. Jobi Wan 4

Jobi Wan 4 Warning Group

Discord:
    jobiwan4#0
    Ratings:
    +388 / 12 / -20
    @phillysmvp the only manager who matters in Chicago ;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Old Old x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. xDeedss

xDeedss Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +589 / 63 / -142
    I wasnt expecting a shoutout but ill take it. and don sucks

No Streaming Account
  4. PitcheRxSwaGx

PitcheRxSwaGx Swisscheese, now traffic cone

Discord: