There's no such thing

1. Oxiidiize-VA

Oxiidiize-VA Warning Group

Discord:
    jaredrox1103#7941
    Ratings:
    +153 / 22 / -65
    Invincibility - There's no such thing.

The two headlines I have done in the past have all been centered around power, and ability. This time, I decided to mix it up and take the attention away from it. It was on my mind today so I figured I would share a little bit of insight on this topic. Invincibility. Long story short... THERE IS NO SUCH THING.

For the team's that are struggling with not getting that one extra win or one extra goal, I thought I would shed some light on a couple things.

First, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES LOSE OUT ON HOPE, once you concede to the fact that you won't win, or won't score, you have already lost. Never let that be the case. There is always hope. The foundation of hockey is that every shot and every goal matters. And... if you have not been playing NHL 18 that long, that is most certainly the case. Pucks not going on sticks, skating over the puck, then raging over it. The key factor to that is DON'T GET FRUSTRATED. Though it seems like it always happens to you, it happens to everybody else too. They are doing the same amount of cursing and questioning of EA's logic. It even happens to the good teams.

Second, IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED TRY TRY AGAIN. It may be simple, and you might think to yourself. "Jared, I have heard this countless times before and I've already tried that." To that I say good job, you are already on the right track. The lines you say don't work because "the chemistry is not there" don't work because you won't give it time to grow. Throughout my 3 or 4 seasons of playing VG and LG I have played on lines that have oodles of potential and it always turns out that after two games or so of playing together, one or everyone gets tired of the lack of production, myself included. I learned quick that everyone has different play styles. Some like to rag the puck cough cough (Streetsmurf), others like cycling, and of course we have those that like to play around the net. You have to learn to adjust and learn to be a compliment to that player or players in order for you to succeed. IT TAKES TIME. If you just quit and say, I am done with this team and done with this line, YOU HAVE ALREADY LOST. All that leads to is a negative team atmosphere and a negative performance. For those of you who say "I only care about myself and I want to be gone from this team, no matter the costs." Just remember, each and every person in this league joined for a reason... To be competitive, have fun, and make new friends. Don't take the fun from everyone else.

And third I will leave you with this. NO ONE IS PERFECT. What separates the good from the bad is the willingness to work together. Yes skill does play some part in it, but when people sacrifice for the greater good of the team, magic happens. You don't have to be the best player in the world to win games. Behind every good player, there is always a Scottie Pippen or Klay Thompson, or if we are keeping it strictly with hockey references... A Malkin to a Crosby. The teams that seem unbeatable grant that appearance due to the atmosphere of the locker room. If everyone is in good spirits and say nothing but positive things, you will exude an appearance that makes it seem like you are invincible, and your play on the ice will make it seem like it too. One person, no matter how good they are, will not win you games, teamwork will and it all starts in the locker room.

Whenever you enter that losing streak or even entering a goal drought, just remember these three things. NEVER LOSE HOPE, TRY TRY AGAIN, and NO ONE IS PERFECT. If you incorporate these three things, magic will happen. No one is invincible and everyone makes mistakes. But do not let those mistakes carry over and affect you, move on and focus on the next play.

Thank you guys, I hope this has helped you at least a little bit. I am still taking ideas for my next headline, and I figured I would start the week off right and have something inspirational to get you through the week. Cheers.​

Support the news team, like, comment & share your thoughts on their work

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 5
    Jaredtwilbs
  2. New Michigan

New Michigan On the Lake

Discord:
    korey72#0
    Ratings:
    +369 / 26 / -43
    im perfect

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    k72m
  3. xWavyDavy

xWavyDavy Your Friendly Neighborhood Snake

Ratings:
    +105 / 33 / -6
    I love you

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. New Michigan

New Michigan On the Lake

Discord:
    korey72#0
    Ratings:
    +369 / 26 / -43
    i love you more sons

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    k72m
  5. bottle_man

bottle_man Still moving even when the legs stop.

Ratings:
    +330 / 80 / -76
    I sui myself. #EnforcerLife

• Like Like x 2
    bottle_man
  6. A_Lucky_Pucker

A_Lucky_Pucker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 21 / -26
    Very well written, great job keep it up!

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  7. Markz51

Markz51 Don't Hassle Me. I'm Local.

Discord:
    markz_51#0
    Ratings:
    +702 / 11 / -21
    LG Tony Robbins

• Like Like x 1
    Markz_51
  8. xWavyDavy

xWavyDavy Your Friendly Neighborhood Snake

Ratings:
    +105 / 33 / -6
    Impossible

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Mystique0820

Mystique0820 Maximum Effort

Ratings:
    +318 / 29 / -56
    Extremely well written. And as a player going through an excruciating start to the season, I can honestly say that I appreciate the timing, and effort you put into this post. And I thank you for it!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    the_real_teal
  10. Jbturf69

Jbturf69 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 13 / -12
    very true

jbturf69
  11. SeyMeSmashU

SeyMeSmashU Keep your head up

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -1
    Great post sir! Should be a sticky thread in neon lights. If everyone practiced what you have written, LG would be a much better place!! I love playing LG but some people have no idea how to be a good teammate.

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account