Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazeematt1

crazeematt1 Saint John Shitters Owner

Discord:
    xMatt26#8140
    Ratings:
    +542 / 32 / -73
    Josh Gordon's Story and Journey - #JoshGordonStrong.

[​IMG]

“Together we can face any challenges as deep as the ocean and as high as the sky.” - Sonia Gandhi

“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” - Helen Keller

I would like to once again thank everyone for the respect that was shown this past week towards Josh, including the banding together of the entire community; it was great to see the league come together as one. I would like to thank Josh and Gaming (@JOSHGORDON845 , @VGamingWorldYT) for giving me permission to write this article. I know this is a very sensitive topic and I really appreciate that you guys both trusted me with this.

Before I get into anything, here’s what Josh would like to say to the community:

“I would like to first thank the Medicine Hat Tigers. Amazing teammates, and amazing management by @TFBMlegitz2 and @Mr_e_ous420.

I also want to thanks @VGamingWorldYT for starting the charity stream. I had no idea it was happening.

To the rest of the league. I have no words to say to all of you.

LG you created an amazing community with wonderful people in it.

I have no words that can express how thankful I am for what everyone has done for me.

Thanks for doing this....”

The charity stream / night for Josh (taken from previous posts):

For those who still do not know, Josh is terminally ill with kidney cancer. While Josh may be the only one with kidney cancer in this community, according to the American Cancer Society, an estimated 63000 Americans will get kidney cancer in 2018. Gamingworld hosted a charity stream on Twitch which attracted an average of 350 viewers, with the famous NHL YouTuber BaconCountry paying a quick visit. When I joined late (I was unaware that it was moved to 8 PM EST), there were OVER 500 people on. Josh played a game in both the CHL and the AHL that night, backstopping the Medicine Hat Tigers to a win and loading the statsheet in his AHL game against Laval (2 G, 1 A, 3 P, 7 hits, 4 PIM, 6 TA). As of Tuesday, there was almost $700 raised.

If you missed the charity stream, there’s no need to worry; Gamingworld has more plans up his sleeve:

“... I will be doing a separate stream this upcoming Wednesday, a 12 hour stream with multiple games (Final Fantasy 10, Fortnite, maybe some NHL). If anyone would like to still donate or even team up with me in stream to support Josh, let me know.

I have been away since the stream as I'm currently dealing with health issues of my own.

However I'm thoroughly impressed with the LG community and look forward to doing more charity streams and/or media for the league.”

“[Also], for the naysayers, I have gotten hold of Josh’s hospital and confirmed his story.”

Twitch: virtualgamingworldakavgw

YouTube: VGW Community

PayPal for donations: www.paypal.com/PayPal.me/virtualgamingworld

What Josh is going through now (taken from previous posts and a personal talk with him):

Josh had surgery the day after the charity stream, and sadly it failed. This means that Josh’s kidneys don’t work and he now needs a transplant, which means his medical bills are going to be higher than they were before. Josh stated that he may have to sell his PS4 to help cover these bills. As much as I wanted this to be it, Josh told me yesterday that the situation hasn’t gotten much easier:

“... I got bad news today from the doctor who did the surgery. I need a transplant by the end of this year. I know it's long time away but the chances of finding someone is close to none. So therefore I think this will be my last season here in LG.”

Josh also told me this in the un-sugar coated way: if he doesn’t get a kidney by the end of this year, he’s going to pass away.

Josh’s background and life outside of LG:

Josh’s birthday is November 21st, and while his profile says he’s in Toronto, he currently resides in Florida. He moved when he was 7 years old, and while he loves Florida, Toronto is his forever home. Given the chance, he would absolutely go back.

Josh’s parents divided when he was only 2 years old. Josh has PTSD due to abuse from his father, and he has no contact with his siblings on his dad’s side (his father doesn’t want Josh communicating with him or his children).

Josh was in college and wanted to be a paralegal. When he was diagnosed with kidney cancer, he was advised to drop out of college to focus on his health. Being out in public so often could’ve exposed him to countless amounts of germs which could’ve gotten him more sick.

Playing video games is how Josh keeps his mind off of his cancer. Apart from video games, he enjoys spending time with family, friends, and playing the drums/guitar.

A bright spot:

The one bright spot that comes out of all of this is that Josh gets to go home on Monday. He was told that he could be in the hospital for another two weeks beforehand so congrats to him on that. I can’t wait to see him get some more games this season.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Although Josh thanked others at the beginning of this article, he asked me to remind you once again of how grateful he is. No matter what happens, he appreciates everyone for their support towards his endeavors and his situation.

On behalf of myself and the LGCHL PSN community, we all wish the best for Josh in finding a match and winning this battle. We stick together till the end. For Josh I’ve compiled a few messages from various teams. The majority of them were sent to me prior to Josh’s surgery, which is why some of them mention it. The surgery did not go as planned, but it nonetheless still shows the support within the league.

@b_b_gun77, Kelowna Rockets owner:

“On behalf of the Kelowna Rockets we wish you a speedy recovery. You will be in our thoughts and and our prayers good luck can't wait to see you back on the ice

@reggiecush88, Lethbridge Hurricanes owner:

“On behalf of my team lethbridge hurricanes we wish him the best, hes got the whole league behind him. thousands of people. we all wish him the best.”

@mratchet, Sherbrooke Phoenix owner:

“All prayers to you from the sherbrooke organization. We believe that josh is one hell of a hockey player and wish that he can live life up to the fullest. May all the best wishes come true and we hope that you enjoy what you can. Most of us don't realize that life can be unexpected. Josh has proven that he is one of the toughest out there and those people are hard to come by. All the best to Josh and the Medicine Hat Tigres. #JoshStrong”

@RA_K3_, Sudbury Wolves owner:

“Just wanted to drop a line on behalf of the Sudbury Wolves, You are in our thoughts and prayers, and we wish you the best. Life can toss you some hardballs, and although I've never personally had to deal with cancer, I've been through some pretty difficult times throughout my tenure in the military, one thing that translates no matter your situation is a quote, "it does matter how many times you get knocked down, it only matters only how many times you get back up." Hope you have a speedy recovery, keep up the good fight brother.”

@Stanup_Turtle, Shawinigan Cataractes owner:

“everyone lets pray for him and his family.”

@Bigajd09, Cape Breton Screaming Eagles owner:
    “hey bud we are praying for you here keep fighting best wishes and get back to gaming bud good bless.”

@b_tpa, Quebec Remparts owner:
    “We wish you the best of luck with your surgery and that it is successful and that you prosper. With love from the remparts.”

@artdv120, Halifax Moosheads owner:
    “All the best from the Halifax Mooseheads! You can beat this! Can't wait for you to get back!”

@Mike_yacoub, Victoriaville Tigres owner:
    “Good luck, best wishes and prayers go out to @JOSHGORDON845 and the rest of the Medicine Hat Tigers who also are going through a tough time dealing with this difficult situation. The whole LG community is rooting for you Josh and all want you to continue to fight on and recover after this surgery and come back stronger than ever! Much love from the Victoriaville Tigres #GordonStrong”

@Josh hill68, Gatineau Olympiques owner:
    “U can beat this josh from [the] Gatineau Olympiques get well buddy”

@Chernoble29, Acadie Bathurst Titan owner:
    “Get well soon bud were all praying for you !!”

@Jthersch16, Moncton Wildcats owner:
    “Josh from the Moncton Wildcats get well soon and never give up..”

@rat48180, Blainville Boisbriand Armada owner:
    “Josh from team armada get well soon”

@Eccoldsteel, St. John Seadogs owner:
    “Josh from the St. John Sea Dogs good luck and best wishes.”

@kickass8000, Rouyn Noranda Huskies owner:
    “Best wishes from everyone on the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies!”

@PigeonSniper89, Rimouski Oceanic owner:
    “Best wishes from everyone on the Rimouski Oceanic!”

@Pawdiddy, Kingston Frontenacs owner:
    “keep fighting like hell and miracles happen everyday. God has a plan for us all. Live everyday like it’s your last, and make as much difference as you can. You can create a ripple effect, that will reach farther than you think. Keep up the fight, and I’ll continue to support you for the rest of the season. God bless!”

@Tyler_Hayward77, Vancouver Giants owner:
    “Keep fighting Josh buddy , stay strong man you can do this and kick cancers fucking ass. - Sincerely Vancouver Giants”

@Dylan_Bellz, Spokane Chiefs owner:
    “On behalf of the Spokane Chiefs, I wish you all the best Josh. Kick cancers fucking ass. Cancer was a very personal issue in my family and hits close to home. Here if ya need someone. Beat that shit, and Spokane will see ya on the ice.”

@chilly007, Hamilton Bulldogs owner:
    “From the Hamilton Bulldogs : no battle can be fought alone, and all together we are pushing with you to fight as long as we will need to. #JoshGordonStrong”

@JRGreaterThan, Peterborough Petes owner:
    “Josh, Good luck buddy. Keep believing in yourself and the people around you. Never give up. You'll pull through man, just keep fighting. Run good today, -The Petes”

@jhawkman81, Missisauga Steelheads owner:
    “From the Missisauga Steelheads, “To me there are three things everyone should do every day. Number one is laugh. You should laugh everyday. Number two is think, you should spend some time time in thought. And number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears. If you laugh, think and cry, that's a full day. That’s a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you’re going to have something special.” - Jim Valvano, former college basketball player.”

@Blitzburgh31, Oshawa Generals owner:
    “What Cancer Cannot Do
    Cancer is so limited...It cannot cripple love. It cannot shatter hope.
    It cannot corrode faith. It cannot eat away peace. It cannot destroy confidence.
    It cannot kill friendship. It cannot shut out memories. It cannot silence courage.
    It cannot reduce eternal life. It cannot quench the Spirit.
    Keep on fighting, Don't ever give up! Kick cancer's ass Josh. Me and my team stand with you and look forward to you beating this terrible disease. #JoshGordonStrong”

@steelersfan26, Prince George Cougars owner:
    "JOSHGORDON,
    The Prince George Cougar organization have you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. We want to tell you KEEP fighting man. Nobody can possibly know what your going through but we will be praying for you to get better everyday. Some of our players have played with you and some haven't but you have all are support. Myself personally I have changed my NHL player name in support for you the rest of the season. Take care and don't give up man. We will see you in seasons to come.”

@TwoDogsx86, Everett Silvertips owner:
    “Josh, you're in our prayers man never give up fighting dig deep and you can overcome this the Silvertips are keeping you in our prayers man I don't pretend to know what you're going through but if you can fight hard enough you can make it through anything!”

@actiondave13, Baie Comeau Drakkar owner:
    “On behalf of team Drakkar our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. This is a tight community and we all wish you a strong and speedy recovery .”

@Boosted2ggsx, Baie Comeau Drakkar GM:
    “good luck josh be strong and safe”

@iBostonGeorge, former Baie Comeau Drakkar player:
    “Goodluck josh, You got this buddy”

@firemike0288, Baie Comeau Drakkar player:
    “Good luck Josh. Best wishes you got this.”

@Kc2s0v3c, Baie Comeau Drakkar player:
    “wishing you blessing Josh be strong”

@RippedJockStrap, Baie Comeau Drakkar player:
    “Good luck Josh, as a cancer survivor I wish you all the best”

@Bradley3322, Baie Comeau Drakkar player:
    “Thoughts and prayers sent your way josh so younge beat that shit #fuckcancer”

@jonshadow12, Baie Comeau Drakkar player:
    “Good luck Josh.”

@Wsweetness33, Baie Comeau Drakkar player:
    “Battle!”

@JEDlMIND, Baie Comeau Drakkar player:
    “Good Luck Josh!”

@KingWillum, Baie Comeau Drakkar player:
    “Good luck Josh bud. Hope all works out for the better”

@TheMonkeyShow, Baie Comeau Drakkar player:
    “Best of luck on your battle with cancer. Prayers for you and your family.”

@Kevdak, Baie Comeau Drakkar player:
    “Good luck!!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are #JoshGordonStrong.

Support the news team, like, comment & share your thoughts on their work

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 16
    • Like Like x 8
    MrImster
  2. Nyl x 29

Nyl x 29 Слизы баллак

Discord:
    Nylander#4206
    Ratings:
    +173 / 16 / -23
    <3

• Like Like x 2
    vNylander
  3. iiGOTskillz

iiGOTskillz Twitch: iigotskillz

Ratings:
    +34 / 1 / -5
    Great article! I had goosebumps throughout the whole article. Great read for people who dont know Josh like myself. Keep fighting Josh!

• Like Like x 3
    iigotskillz
  4. looper_61

looper_61 S6 Memorial Cup Champion

Discord:
    Loops#5030
    Ratings:
    +142 / 13 / -37
    :)

• Like Like x 1
    Looper_61
  5. Bradley3322

Bradley3322 Active Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -1
    Reading this made me tear up hit hard man I lost my grandmother due to her kidneys she was on dialysis every second day was hard to see her go through it all for years and sadly we lost her December 31 2016 Josh I am praying for you and your family at this time you are a younge man who has his whole life ahead of you and hopefully you get your transplant stay strong josh you have your family,friends and LG family and friends behind you good luck the rest of the way

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Tangelis

Tangelis Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -1
    Best headline of the season. Easiest like ever.

Like so many others this story hits close to home and I can't help but give a huge shout out to the community and especially the Medicine Hat Tigers for the support, respect, and emotional display for one of your...... one of our own.

We hold ourselves to heroes... to those who are brave.. to those who light the way to show us by their own example of who exactly we can be.

Josh Gordon Strong Indeed. Kick Cancers Ass.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. ViveLeQuebec_81

ViveLeQuebec_81 I'm a S7 Charlottetown Islanders Forever

Ratings:
    +30 / 1 / -5
    continues to be strong Josh. we think very much about you

• Like Like x 2
    ViveLeQuebec_81
  8. AMogilny_89

AMogilny_89 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 8 / -4
    Cancer took away my uncle, so when I first saw this come up, I was a little offended that someone would make up such a charity.

but after reading this article, I believe I owe the man an apology, so sorry if I ever doubted that this was real, It is hard to believe the man still has energy to play games... but now that I think about it, everyone plays videos games for that same stress relief/pain relief that everyone has to get off after their day, and we all have different battles to overcome, but you can do it man...

Cancer can't kill your soul.

my prayers and best wishes to you and your family.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  9. JaG83D83

JaG83D83 S8 Saginaw Spirit Owner

Discord:
    JaGGeD_da_InFaMoUs#0520
    Ratings:
    +72 / 58 / -91
    From all of us in the Kitchener Rangers organization we wish you the best and our thoughts are reaching out to not only you but to the universe and powers that be to help you find a donor as soon as possible. If theres anything we can do more we are nore than willing to do so. Stay strong and Battle on. No matter the outcome know that your not alone and that theres nothing you cant overcome going forward. Theres peace , joy and happiness both in life and after and theres nothing to fear from any of it but fear itself. Stay strong brother.
    Positive vibrations sent Your way.

• Like Like x 1
    JaGG83D
  10. Mr Mastxr

Mr Mastxr Mr. Master

Discord:
    Mr Master#7538
    Ratings:
    +136 / 13 / -26
    #FUCKCANCER -- Keep up the power of positive thinking and keep fighting!

Thee_mrmaster
  11. Blade

Blade Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wait didn't this guy scam for money?

WGSlaYeR
  12. oBiLL3Yo

oBiLL3Yo (oBiLL3Yo) The Dishmaster

Ratings:
    +158 / 8 / -21
    Josh your a strong man buds you got this keep fighting were all here with you till the end as well as your family sorry to hear about your childhood as well... I heard this for a while now Josh and dang I had tears in my eyes I lost my father due to cancer it took me away literally I broke down for years still go through it day by day but ya know what Josh Gordon you got this we all believe anything can happen and keep kicking butt in nhl.. keep your head up prayers are with you!

bill3y09
  13. looper_61

looper_61 S6 Memorial Cup Champion

Discord:
    Loops#5030
    Ratings:
    +142 / 13 / -37
    I mean hes still playing fbhl season 5?

Looper_61
  14. Joshleaman2015

Joshleaman2015 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 4 / -5
    Yea he scammed he don’t have cancer he does not live in Florida. And I have personally called the hospitals he said he was at and him or his so called doctor don’t exist at either hospital. He had a etransfer from USA to him that had to be converted to Canada. That don’t make sense. USA to USA but converted to Canadian haha yea right. But anyways I know josh for 2 years or more. And he told me the same story I fought him lien then he admit he lied and then he said his gf died. Etc. This kid is a very very twisted mind individual who store money and had the league sad for a problem that don’t exist with him. He should be punished to the max by the law for the theft from individuals who get bad for him and work hard for there money.
    No easy way to say it. This kid is fucked up in the head. And needs to get help or locked up
    In jail

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    joshleaman2015
  15. bcrae88

bcrae88 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 31 / -48
    And do you have proof?

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. oBiLL3Yo

oBiLL3Yo (oBiLL3Yo) The Dishmaster

Ratings:
    +158 / 8 / -21
    Wow hmm thats unbelievable who would ever lie about that ever I lost my dad to cancer 2009 that story I believed and was acually depressed and sad over it tbh i even teared up people like that if it is true are literally discusting expecially to lie about cancer hope hes telling the truth because thats a really really bad lie and bad karma hmm

• Like Like x 1
    bill3y09
  17. Joshleaman2015

Joshleaman2015 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 4 / -5
    Do I have proof. Get me on the mic with him. He won’t stay in a chat or on mic cuz he knows I kno. This is not the first time he had said this. That’s y he not on my friend list. And I have called the hospital that he said he was in and they have no records of him in the hospital nor do they have the doctor he said was his. Gaming world was in party chat and heard for himself.
    Also he said he is in Florida but when someone from USA transfer him money PayPal it had to be converted to Canadian. Where does that make sense? Also he has to have paypal cuz he transfer wont work. That’s cuz u can etransfer USA to Canada. So proof is all there. I was invited to his team chat and he told his teammates he don’t need to prove nothing even tho he got all this money plus once I joined the team chat. He left the chat. I kno him really good and he didn’t think I was in lg to hear about this and he knows I’m the one who told his story and he’s caught in a lie.
    He had 30 days to live due to cancer and needed money for a last wish cant member what it was but he was in Canada lol I’m in Canada and his last wish was to travel somewhere and needed help. I didn’t give him money cuz I found it was a lie when I msg someone close to him then 30 days go
    By he forgot he told me he had cancer. I sent him the msg when we talked saying he did. He then left our psn msg. I blocked him. Then he apologized for lien. I added him back like a idiot. And with in a few months he said his girlfriend got in a car accident and died at midnight and the hospital called him 3 min after she died. For one no one would get a call that day fast for 2 he was like 15 or 16 at that time he would of been last to kno. Parents called first lol. For 3. He was suppose to attend his gf funeral next day at noon. How do U have a funeral with in 12 hrs of dien for 4. He was on fb posting him at a hockey game not a funeral. I called him out on it. He again admited to lien and apologized with a stupid story that he had no friend and don’t want me to unfriend him and would never lie again.

• Informative Informative x 1
    joshleaman2015
  18. Joshleaman2015

Joshleaman2015 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 4 / -5
    He also told gamin world he was in some hospital in Clearwater or something. Then told me he was in another hospital Tampa general
    I had a couple team owner listening to our convo and heard him say that. I asked him for his doctor name he said Tanya Murphy so with gamingworld and a couple other owners I called both hospitals the one he told me and the one he told his team. When I told him I was calling with him there he left the party. I still called both and that doctor does not work at either hospital and he was never a patient at either hospital. And from there I haven’t heard from him sense

• Informative Informative x 1
    joshleaman2015
  19. Joshleaman2015

Joshleaman2015 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 4 / -5
    What other prove does a person need. When he is getting money and refused to show his proof and i proves my self with owner and gaming world hearing the hospitals speak etc. I think it is safe to say I’m right and he is wrong. He should have proof of all this and he had nothing and refuses to show anything. Red flag.
    Not sure if ur in the states I’m in Canada. So if ur in the states u can’t send me etransfer. Bank are way diff. Mayb same name but diff and can’t etransfer again red flag. If me and u are in the states and u send me money threw PayPal it does not convert to Canadian. But if u in the states and me in Canada u send PayPal money it has to convert to Canada. Another red flag. And all money sent to him came from the states and had to be converted to Canadian

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    joshleaman2015
  20. Joshleaman2015

Joshleaman2015 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 4 / -5
    Sorry to hear about your father and what u had to deal with and having to listen to this kids made up story. But I’m telling u now I’m not 99.9 percent sure this kid is lien. I’m 100 percent and reason y this is going into investigation is cuz I said what I kno and then called the hospital and he has no record at them and brought the attention that u don’t convert USA to Canada mom if bth ppl doing the transfer is in Canada. Again. I kno this kid and he is very sick in the head for this whole lie. But it is not true. I am 100 percent of that. He is a sick rip off ~*~* that needs to be locked up.

joshleaman2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.