KrawcH’s sappy LG appreciation post

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by KrawcH x, Jul 10, 2019.

1. KrawcH v2

KrawcH v2 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +652 / 20 / -22
    I write this post as I sit in my dad’s hospital room, and I don’t write it for sympathy, but rather in a positive way.

Last summer my dad was diagnosed with stage 4 glioblastoma, which is the most aggressive form of brain cancer. When it happened, I was scared, angry and ran from basically everything in my life including LG.

The last year has been tough, but as I sit here and reflect, I am thankful for this community beyond what some of you may know. We all love LG, or as Dunks refers to it, “LifeGaming”. When I started playing, I loved it too. I love the competitive side, stat tracking, and the team aspect that made me feel like I was a teenager playing real hockey again. However, through the worst year of my life, it has made me realize that some of my best friends in the world are ones that I’ve made on this site. Around LG I’m the guy who has carried Euro, been carried my Euro, snaked people in trades, had one of the worst NHL records of all time, and one of the 555 boys. However you view me or have viewed me, and even to the one person who made cancer jokes when this all happened, I am thankful for the distraction and for the community. Despite whether you’re a biggie who has ego’d me, or a CHL TC who I have ego’d, I’m thankful for all of you and the group this site has created.

My dad is still fighting, and I will fight to fix my 5-5 record. Thanks to all of you have who asked, prayed and shown me kindness the last year. This sappy post is simply to say that it’s not unnoticed and despite us being internet nerds, playing NHL 19 (trash game) has really helped ease the pain of real life tragedies. Thanks for reading. I promised Mess I wouldn’t do this.

I’ll GG myself to get it out of the way ;)

<3

• Like Like x 55
    • Winner Winner x 46
    krawch61
  2. Focus TF

Focus TF CT 66 Makes Me Nervous.

Discord:
    focustf#0
    Ratings:
    +937 / 38 / -72
    Tell your Dad to keep up the strong fight.

I’m sure most of us can sympathize with having a loved one affected by cancer, it gets to you sometimes.

Keep your spirits high!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    GiroFocus
  3. El Donn Juan

El Donn Juan Well-Known Member

Discord:
    eldonnjuan#0
    Ratings:
    +777 / 48 / -63
    Glioblastoma hits home for me too Krawch, my childhood bestfriend's dad (basically my 2nd dad) just learned how to walk and talk after 2 years of fighting it off at stage 4 and is thankfully recovering well. It's not a hurdle that can be leaped alone and the beautiful thing about this virtual hockey league full of strangers is that there are always people around to talk through the good times and bad. I wish you and your family all the best and pray for a good outcome.

"Tough times never last, tough people do"

#Fuckcancer

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    rdonley7
  4. l Doughty l

l Doughty l Jeremy

Discord:
    Doughty#9625
    Ratings:
    +456 / 27 / -57
    I got all my trust in the man above he won’t let me down! Same goes for you! Keep fighting dad keep fighting strength may go away but the faith never does!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Doughtyy_NHL
  5. Vellerz

Vellerz 2 Time Calder Cup Champ - 1 Time Playoff MVP

Discord:
    Vellerz#3871
    Ratings:
    +409 / 6 / -9
    Love ya brother, thoughts are always with you and your family!
    Never stop being you, cause you're friggin' awesome!

555 brotherhood!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Studz x 7

Studz x 7 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 3 / -10
    Krawch,

Although we have never crossed paths I respect you tremendously! Hope nothing but the best for you’re Dad. Hopefully you and me both and get out of our little slumps ;) haha

Cheers.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. xO i L C i t Yx

xO i L C i t Yx Tommy Salo

Ratings:
    +100 / 12 / -12
    Family is the most important thing. Stay strong buddy I wish you and yours all the best.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Loki x6x

Loki x6x See Ach El BOG

Discord:
    lokix6x#0
    Ratings:
    +5,000 / 139 / -217
    No matter how much we try to get under each other’s skin, at the end of the day I think you’re fucking awesome @KrawcH x

I know what my dad means to me and I will pray every day for him and your family.

Oh, and I guess I’ll pray for your record, too. We need to revive the rivalry :)

• Winner Winner x 1
    Lokix6x
  9. EliteBe4TheKids

EliteBe4TheKids Well-Known Member

Discord:
    elitebe4thekids#0
    Ratings:
    +457 / 1,376 / -1,549
    sorry to hear this my man

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    ridleywr24cb
  10. NotoriousFAT 00

NotoriousFAT 00 Former LG media kingpin, Wine gum lover, LG dad.

Discord:
    NotoriousFAT 00#5853
    Ratings:
    +3,745 / 76 / -124
    Hey Krawch, This community is awesome and I know it first hand. When I went through my heart surgery many of the guys rallied around me and sent well wishes and prayers. That stuff never goes unnoticed. I still have the cards that were send to me from this community and I honestly have never saved cards before. It just felt right to keep them. I struggled at first to figure out why anyone here gave a shit about me but then once you step back and look at it it's easy to see the reasons. Were all "brothers". As much fun as it is to rip on each other and ride guys for saying some dumb shit I would go to bat for anyone here. Through trades, and waives and other dirty shit that happens here we all return. You guys have all become a second family of sorts and for those outside the online community its hard to understand. Just know we all care and that we are here for you and thinking of your struggle. Use us as a distraction and focus on your family. When your ready to return to us full time I assure you we will all be here to rip on you and roll you back into the group. Be well.

• Winner Winner x 1
    notoriousfat00
  11. FrenchMoron

FrenchMoron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,056 / 70 / -198
    I still can't believe you said no to management with me and said you weren't playing. Now I'm stuck with this @Goostaav shitter.

Aside from that, I think from doing a bit of research before the season started and now having spent 2 seasons in the AHL that you are indeed an important part of this community. Whether it's through your gameplay, your management skills or the bit of media that you do, none of that stuff goes unnoticed. We all love to shoot the shit and try to gain an edge on some of the mental midgets in this league, but at the end of the day we are all here for the same reason and I think you hit the nail with what you said up there.

Best wishes are being sent out to you and your family. Good luck the rest of this season, except for the 30 min between 1030 and 11 tonight.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. CSilveri

CSilveri 6 classes+40hr work weeks..avails bouncy be warned

Discord:
    CSilveri#1576
    Ratings:
    +703 / 41 / -61
    Praying for you and your family Krawch. I also developed a medical scare with my father and i am glad to have met some of my "Best friends" through this site and its honestly the only reason i buy NHL anymore and keep pushing through. I think your one of the best centers ive faced/played with even IF you get "Carried"by Euro. If ya need anything let me know!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    CSilveri
  13. hawksfan20

hawksfan20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 10 / -10
    I got mad respect for you. Even though I’ve never been on your team, I’ll never forget getting carried by you and axey in club one night.

Best wishes to you and your family. Really hope your Dad fights through this and comes out stronger <3

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  14. Dunks

Dunks Well-Known Member

Discord:
    DunksDynasty#3635
    Ratings:
    +1,643 / 53 / -79
    I remember when I heard about this from Petey and Tony and I immediately reached out. I'm glad you're dad is doing better. I agree that some of my closest friends I've met through this site. A few that come to mind are @Brisan x6 @l SaIty I @CubsCrusher14 @NotoriousFAT 00 @Smitterr the Hawny Basteds and of course all the 555 boys. We're all people at the end of the day and when you make relationships on Xbox they can last a lifetime. I mean ffs a friend of mine from VHL Days who quit LG seasons ago invited me to his wedding last year. Every time I try to quit this God Foresaken league the people I surround myself with in it bring me back.

I love this league and it's community even when people we may not necessarily care for get hurt we come together as a group and rally for them. I can't quite put into words what some people in this league mean to me but just know I love y'all nerds

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    DunksDynasty
  15. RBK v420

RBK v420 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +93 / 2 / -3
    Really sorry to hear this Krawch. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family in what I can only assume is a very difficult time for all. This community isn't always the most compassionate... But i feel like in situations such as these where real life situations and heartaches are topics of discussion.. This community really comes through in the clutch for their fellow man and offers support to it's members.

All the best man, to you and yours.

Sincerely,

RBK

• Winner Winner x 1
    Habzfan6
  16. Baaacks

Baaacks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 26 / -37
    Prayers for your dad krawch. Stay strong

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. macros73

macros73 Just This Guy

Ratings:
    +2,894 / 218 / -293
    Best wishes and prayers for you and your family, @KrawcH x. Glio is a bastard.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. Zlatan Matic

Zlatan Matic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +382 / 194 / -88
    <3

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. TITO JAKS0N

TITO JAKS0N BETTER CENTRE THAN YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE

Ratings:
    +283 / 48 / -68
    From one dude with a massive ego, right to the ears of another, Well wishses to you and your family buddy @KrawcH x

Ive been taking care of my mother on and off for the last 2 years since she had a really aggressive form of breast cancer and then found out her mom had just passed away with almost 4 or 5 types of cancer in her body.. (lung, liver, throught (or however its spelled), breast and stomach) So its been quite something to sit back and appreciate what you sometimes take for granted. Shes doing better everyday but still fighting even when more lumps just keep getting found.

Anywho, long story short man, Keep positive, do shit you guys enjoy, keep letting em know hes the BADDEST MAN 'ROUND and I have nothing but a good feeling you, your father and your family will get through this :)

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. Schweenster

Schweenster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -3
    My heart goes out to you and your pops right now bud. I know exactly what you are going through. Two days after XMas this year my father lost his fight with a rare form of cancer called mantel cell lymphoma while I was 5500 miles away. He fought the good fight for just about two years before things came abruptly to an end. I for one cant stand when kids use the term like its some joke. With that said LG has helped me through the grieving process and thankfully there is a good community here for the most part.

Cherish the moments you have with each other as best as you can and make sure to fully take every moment into your heart with as much love as possible. If you ever need to talk feel free to reach out. From one brother to another. #fuckcancer

Schween

• Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account