Krok-o-dill's Top Players NOT in the LGHL - Left Defense

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by Krok-o-dill, Feb 13, 2018.

?

Would you like to see more of these articles?

1. Hell Yes! This was awesome

2. Meh, I could live with or without

3. No, I didn't enjoy this at all

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Krok-o-dill

Krok-o-dill Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Krok-o-dill#2321
    Ratings:
    +418 / 11 / -20
    Hello, and welcome to the (hopefully) first of 5 installments of “Krok’s Top Players NOT in the LGHL PSN”. I’ll be starting today with my thoughts on Left Defense. To be eligble for this list you needed to be listed as an LD and play most of your games in the league at that position.

As an introduction to how this column (and possible future columns) are constructed, I checked through the current rosters (as of February 13th) and created a short list of all the “Best” players from the position being covered (Left Defense). I determined who was “Best” by assessing Meaningful NHL Experience, AHL Dominance, and Past CHL Promise. Players who are Management are NOT included in this list because you chose to be in the AHL. Then, from that short list I narrowed it down to Gold, Silver, & Bronze Players (in honour of the Olympics, and to be different) based on comparison of statistics to the Short List and my opinion.

Please keep in mind that this is my opinion combined with the stats that have been recorded in LG across all LG PSN leagues. I did not investigate other league stats, Xbox stats, or any other factors. Keep in mind also the date in which this was composed. Just doing this for fun and seeing if there is a desire for me to continue writing articles such as this. So be nice

Gold – @Fulltrottle911 – San Antonio Rampage

Full is a bonafide NHL defenseman who signed up during NHL bidding and tried to snake his way to a low contract by changing his name a few different times. The Rampage acquired Full in bidding for a cool 6 million, which may turn out to be good value for their now #1 defenseman. Although we may see him get called up to the NHL under the right circumstance, Full is no question the AHL's top Dman. 3x 15 win seasons in the NHL and a career 68-43-6 with a +21. Having not played in the AHL since Season 2, I expect that Trottle will be a dominant AHL Defenseman when paired with the right partner, assuming he stays the year in the AHL. (which is by no means a given)

Silver – @PitcheRxSwaGx – Milwaukee Admirals

Pitcher has 2 seasons in the AHL under his belt in LG. Period. But by god, are they impressive. His first full season in the AHL, Pitcher was: 15-6-1 with a +14 for the regular season, an Elite 9-0-1 and +14 in the Playoffs, Calder Cup winner & Playoff MVP. What. A. Season! To follow up that mastery, Pitcher went 23-4-1 and was a game-breaking +58 for the all star S6 Barracuda, who also won the Presidents Trophy. Although the GA/TA numbers weren’t as impressive as others, he made up for it with the offense, posting almost a 40-point season. Pitcher is on an acceptable 5.5 mill contract for this year and no doubt he will be an NHLer next year should he desire to make the jump.

Bronze – @Rico Suave FLS – Laval Rocket

Rico has 2 NHL seasons under his belt on PSN and had 1 great and 1 middling season to look at. Rico signed up late for NHL bidding, or else I could definitely see him getting another contract in the NHL to prove that the S5 Rico is the real Rico. S6 stats aren’t terrible: close to a .500 record, and a +7. Doesn’t shoot a ton and the offensive stats are to be desired, but he makes this spot because it seems to me he’s a Defense first guy, which is what every team needs to be sucessful. Very excited to see what he does in the AHL this year, and I’m not reading to far into the 2 Preseason games he played this week and lost.

Honourable Mentions (no order):

· @String_King666 – 2 great seasons in a row after a down year in Season 4 and a terrible -47 Season 3 in the NHL. Takes talent to even get a full season in the NHL so there's that

· @Dion Dieon – Solid CHL career, Solid when he’s played in the AHL, Great S3 in the NHL. A full AHL season will do Dion wonders.

· @Slo_Mobius – AHL veteran. Plays great on good teams, and good on subpar teams. Has put up several positive Takeaway/Giveaway seasons, just missed doing it again last year. I’ve played Goalie behind Slo a few times last year and he is a difference maker.

· @Lunchboxhero_ - A++ S3 and some middling NHL experience. I played with Lunch during some of his best season to date and he was as shut down as they come. Hasn’t played a full season in a while, but if he does he can be a top tier D man

· @Greeno1822 – Some ugly NHL seasons, but points awarded for hanging around. Season 2 showed us what he can do at the AHL level, but its been a while. Got to think with the right team he could impress.

· @frostygta – 1 (and only) solid CHL season, a great year in the AHL last year. Looking forward to Frosty being in front of me going into this season. Another good year and we could be talking about him being in the Bronze conversation.

· @KoNtOs SmAsH 96 – Dominant season in the AHL for S6. Had a very good CHL career. Similar to Frosty, one more good AHL year for KoNtOs and the NHL will be knocking.

· @LeBlondl77l – 4 straight NHL seasons from S1 to S4. Middling stats for the majority of his time but respect points for being an established NHLer at one point. Decent enough Season 6, but needs to do something this year to remain “Honourable Mention” worthy.

· @dmac7719 – Great CHL stats, Really solid AHL season last year. One more good year and we are having a different conversation.

· @Kgrilli – Have played with Grilli last year at times as he is tight with my former NHL Owner. Grilli has great stats across all 3 leagues and is right on the edge of my Medal winners. I’m surprised he’s not NHL this year with his 500k contract.

· @HorrorSeen – Fantastic year last year, but struggled in his NHL ECUs going 0-4. Another 20 win year and he’ll earn more respect around the league

· @mgml1987 – AHL veteran. Played a large role in the Barracuda team last year. Former manager and Media member. Almost a +60 last year which is damn impressive. Has had a few middling seasons in the past, so another big year on the Cuda would do wonders for his stock on my list.

· @LittleRaGoo28 – Great CHL career and an Elite AHL S6 after a middling debut in the AHL in S5. Almost put up a 20-win season. 1 more season in +15-win territory and there is no way an NHL team sends him down like the Habs did this season.

Left Defense to watch during the upcoming season:

*Note: These are players that, when doing my research, I see the potential to be above average to great AHL Players. I would not be surprised if they enter this conversation with more service time in the League/AHL.

· @Andre_st-cyr

· @anthrox1212

· @BobTheOstrich

· @JLAden12

· @Ch0king_H4z4r

· @Melanson4

· @ae_Casso

Anyways, that’s all folks! Please participate in the Poll above and feel free to leave comments of LD’s who you think are the best of the best!

• Like Like x 20
    • Winner Winner x 12
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    krok0dill
  2. Pezdemic

Pezdemic Well-Known Member

Discord:
    pezdemic#4906
    Ratings:
    +90 / 1 / -0
    Good to see I have the respect of my teammates :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Pezdemic
  3. Rico Suave TOS

Rico Suave TOS Julian Traverso

Discord:
    ricosuavetos#0
    Ratings:
    +148 / 7 / -12
    @Krok-o-dill appreciate the mention man and kind words! This was a very good write up. I'd love to see you do this for other positions as well. Very nicely done man!

• Like Like x 2
    l2lJulianl1l
  4. R34NHL

R34NHL .

Discord:
    R34#8702
    Ratings:
    +241 / 57 / -32
    Include me in lw next time! Good write up

• Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. frostygta

frostygta Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 10 / -10
    Thanks for the mention :)

• Like Like x 5
    frostygta
  6. Dangletownsniper

Dangletownsniper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +441 / 25 / -47
    Legit a very cool idea for a write up. Couldn’t agree more with your rankings. 10/10

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. ooo MoNoPoLY

ooo MoNoPoLY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 12 / -13
    • Like Like x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. jumpyg1258

jumpyg1258 One wild and crazy guy

Ratings:
    +188 / 17 / -28
    I guess you didn't get around to doing any more of these.

EDIT: just realized you made this after bidding. Me being half asleep right now thought you put this together for bidding purposes. Ignore my post. :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Drewl24l

Drewl24l Best Known Member

Discord:
    full_melt707#9603
    Ratings:
    +630 / 72 / -81
    Full is no question the AHL'stop Dman..... uh absolutely wrong @Stiivii-66 is by far the best d man in this league...... GG

• Get Good Get Good x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    melt707
  10. Krok-o-dill

Discord:
    Krok-o-dill#2321
    Ratings:
    +418 / 11 / -20
    By this i meant Top LD. I haven’t looked into Stiivii yet to give an educated opinion as to who is better. Sorry for the confusion, hope this miscommunication didnt ruin the rest of the article for you!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    krok0dill
  11. Drewl24l

Drewl24l Best Known Member

Discord:
    full_melt707#9603
    Ratings:
    +630 / 72 / -81
    The article was fantastic I should have been less of an asshole about it.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Old Old x 1
    melt707
  12. PitcheRxSwaGx

PitcheRxSwaGx Swisscheese, now traffic cone

Discord:
    pitcherxswagx#0
    Ratings:
    +855 / 162 / -77
    Ayyy thanks man! Can confirm carried for those stats though

• Like Like x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Santaklaus42
  13. GOAT_Seanor

GOAT_Seanor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +275 / 31 / -88
    Rip goat

• Funny Funny x 1
    Mp_Seanor
  14. jumpyg1258

jumpyg1258 One wild and crazy guy

Ratings:
    +188 / 17 / -28
    You mentioned @ae_Casso , I can vouch that he's solid as a defenseman.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. ittozziloP

ittozziloP Hashtag Big Three

Ratings:
    +365 / 57 / -37
    As long as Philly was left off this list that's cool w me.

• Funny Funny x 2
    No Streaming Account
  16. BobTheOstrich

BobTheOstrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    well i am already great but thanks for checking me out

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. Dangles4days

Dangles4days YouTube Danglez Washington

Ratings:
    +48 / 60 / -8
    Good write up! Just curious why I didn’t make the cut?

1st fewest giveaways
    2nd shooting percentage
    2nd goals
    15th hits

Hopefully this season I end up on a team with a winning record so my plus minus and record don’t continue to take a hit.

No Streaming Account
  18. Krok-o-dill

Discord:
    Krok-o-dill#2321
    Ratings:
    +418 / 11 / -20
    Negative records in the CHL and 2 AHL seasons, -14 career im the AHL. Giveaway numbers might be low but thats relative to the situation. If you shoot alot then you dont give the puck away as much. Hits mean little to nothing in competitive play, as i could hit you technically after the puck has been played and take myself out of position for the next pass.

Im hoping you can prove me wrong this season and have a big year with a positive record. Nothing matters to me if you dont get wins as a unit. Good players make those around them better and win!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    krok0dill
  19. Dangles4days

Dangles4days YouTube Danglez Washington

Ratings:
    +48 / 60 / -8
    S4 CHL Shawinigan

23-43-0 minus 112

S5 AHL Baby pens(5weeks)

15-64-4 minus 152

S5 AHL Rampage (5weeks)

24-55-4 minus 158

S6 AHL Belleville

36-43-1 Plus 32

*minus 2 guys for 2nd tagging

Put any of the top defenders from the NHL on any of the teams I’ve had the pleasure of playing on and I bet they have around the same record and plus minus that I do.

Playing defense on bad teams is a lot like playing goalie. If you’re on a losing team naturally you’ll have a losing record with poor goals against or plus minus.

Brent burns, Keith, OEL, Faulk, and karlsson all have the 20 worst plus minus in the league but all of those players are easily top 20 defenders in the NHL.

I can see how you may not like hits if you think the majority of my hits are me finishing checks. But to me I’d rather step up and hit a guy going for a wraparound, skating the puck in at the blueline, or receiving a pass then take a chance missing the interception pass or taking a tripping penalty. Hitting the puck carrier, stopping the play, and possibly injuring them to me it’s better than a takeaway. You hit them a few times at the blue line and they stop bringing the puck up the left side of the ice.

• Get Good Get Good x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. MikoDahl

MikoDahl MikoDahl

Discord:
    MikoDahl#9389
    Ratings:
    +35 / 7 / -8
    This is cool, keep it up!

MikoDahl