League Championships Prediction Thread

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Canadian Hockey League (LGCHL PSN)' started by Carbeen-, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Carbeen-

Carbeen- Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +126 / 5 / -21
    (Thanks to @El Donn Juan for formatting idea)

OHL Championship

:team452: Guelph Storm :team452: (12-3-1)

Owner: @worf35

GM: @CLiiNcH

AGM: @Heahengal91

V.S.

:team401: Oshawa Generals :team401: (12-5-0)

Owner: @Charliebiscuit12

GM: @Buckeyes2525

AGM: @Schanna4242

How They Got Here:

:team452: Guelph :team452:

Despite being the first seed, the community picked the Guelph Storm as underdogs in the OHL Western Final. They took down the up-to-the-point undefeated Sarnia Sting in 6 games and advanced to the OHL Finals. They've been led by their goaltenders @DrOz2385 and @worf35. As well as good forward play by @wkory and @LaMachinee23.

:team401: Oshawa :team401:

Unfortunately taking out my Sudbury Wolves in the OHL Eastern Final the Oshawa Generals have proven to be one of the best teams all season. They struggled out of the gate against the Steel Heads, but dismantled the Bulldogs and eliminated the Wolves on their way to the OHL Final. They are simply one of the best defensive teams in the league alongside elite goaltending.

Season Head-To-Head:

Just like they've done all season long to most teams in the OHL, the Oshawa Generals hold the regular season advantage over the Guelph Storm. Winning 3 of the 4 games, leading with 13 goals to Guelph's 6. They prove time and time again that they are the best defensive team in the league. They've shut down offensive powerhouses in Sudbury and Hamilton. Guelph is a worse version of both of those teams in my opinion.

Top Playoff Performers:

:team452: Guelph :team452:

@LaMachinee23 (LW) : 5-0, 19 points, +16

Balanced scoring with 10 goals and 9 assists. Machinee has proven to be a force on the Storm. They aren't solely carried by one player, with most of the team being within 14-19 points. Machinee's +/- sets him apart.

:team401: Oshawa :team401:

@Schanna4242 (G) : 8-2, 88.3SV%, 1.67GAA

Honestly, probably the sole reason the Generals are still alive in the playoffs. Schanna only has 18 goals allowed in these playoffs, despite us (Wolves) scoring 7 goals in one game, that just goes to show how lights out he's been the rest of the way. Elite goaltending, playoff MVP so far.

Carbeen's Prediction:

I have ridden this prediction the whole way. Whoever won the OHL East is going to win the Memorial Cup. I don't think this series will be close, Oshawa will win handily as they are better in all facets of the game.

:team401: Oshawa Generals in 5

QMJHL Championship

:team458: Blainville-Boisbriand Armada :team458: (12-6-0)

Owner: @Mystical-Rino

GM: @bodycount123

AGM: @VitalDayz

V.S.

[​IMG]:team456: Acadie-Bathurst Titan :team456: (12-7-1)

Owner: @ThugHughes

GM: @BDB-Keller-86

AGM: @HOCKEYBRADY4

How They Got Here:

:team458: Armada :team458: [​IMG]

Currently one of the Cinderella stories of the playoffs. The Armada are the 8th seed of the QMJHL and they find themselves in the QMJHL Finals. An impressive run from a team that wasn’t expected to go far. They dismantled the 3rd seeded Huskies, en route to beating the top seed Mooseheads in 7 games.

:team456: Titan :team456:

I don’t personally think very highly of this team. I think they stumbled at the beginning of the playoffs barely getting by the 13th and 11th seed in the Q. However, they beat a very good Gatineau team in the last round to get here and look they will crawl themselves into the Memorial Cup.

Season Head-To-Head:

Surprisingly these teams only played each other twice in the regular season with the Armada taking both games. Outscoring the Titan 6-3 in those games despite the Titan dominating the flow of the game in both games. Not much separates these two teams even though they weren’t very close in the standings.

Top Playoff Performers:

:team458: Armada :team458:

@VitalDayz (LW) : 6-0, 19 points, +14

A stellar 6-0 record and leading the team in points, it’s easy to pick Vital as Armada’s best playoff performer up to this point. If he keeps up his fantastic play, maybe nobody can stop the Armada.

:team456: Titan :team456:

@AlmightyShadows- (RW) : 7-0-1, 23 points, +16

He doesn’t have the most points on the team, as he trails HockeyBrady4 who has 25. However, I like Shadows game as a whole more, he facilitates through his teammates and he shows that with 16 assists. He also has 20 takeaways, a true two way forward.

Carbeen's Prediction:

It’s time for me to finally buy-in. I’ve been doubting this team the entire playoffs but they finally had a round where they played good hockey. The Titan are the #2 seed in the QMJHL for a reason and they will play up to that level in this series.

:team456: Titan in (6)

WHL Championship

:team416: Medicine Hat Tigers :team416: (12-2-0)

Owner: @Wiqkid1

GM: @ClutchDaddy91

AGM: @X_DR_DREAMS_X

V.S.

:team386: Vancouver Giants :team386: (12-3-1)

Owner: @QC_Mad_Luigi

GM: @Le_Homie_Yosh

AGM: @Donkey_Biytchass

How They Got Here:

:team416: Medicine Hat :team416:

The 5th seeded Medicine Hat Tigers are the other Cinderella run in these playoffs. Sweeping the 6th seeded Hurricanes, before a “trap” match-up against the 7th seeded Raiders. The Tigers then dismantled the 1st seeded Regina Pats en route to the WHL Championship only dropping two games.

:team386: Vancouver :team386:

As expected the 1st seed in the WHL West eliminated their 8th seeded match-up against the Thunderbirds in 5 games. They really struggled in the next round through, barely squeaking by (if you don’t look at the score in Game 7) Victoria in 7 games. It didn’t take long for them to advance to the WHL Championship though, sweeping the Spokane Chiefs.

Season Head-To-Head:

Another match-up where the two opponents only met twice during the season, unlike in our last one. The Tigers and the Giants split their meetings. Scoring the same amount of goals as each other in those two games and the shot differential +4 in favor of the Tigers.

Top Playoff Performers:

:team416: Medicine Hat :team416:

@Marleyz-OG (RD) : 4-1-0, 12 points, +15

A perfect combination of defensive play with an offensive touch. Marleyz leads all defensemen in this series with 12 points in 5 games. All while not forgetting about the defensive side of the game with a +15 +/-.

:team386: Vancouver :team386:

@Crushinslices (C) : 6-0-0, 39 points, +38

Just look at the points compared to the +/-, while playing center. Crushin has simply been dominant in these playoffs. Leading the entire CHL in points for the playoffs. Vancouver will go all the way if he maintains his performance.

Carbeen's Prediction:

It’s the end of the road for our other Cinderella team. Medicine Hat will simply not be able to handle the firepower that the Giants are able to put out. I don’t know who is going to stop Vancouver. Nobody can contend with their forward core.

:team386: Vancouver in (5)

ECHL Championship

:team823: Jacksonville Icemen :team823: (12-2-0)

Owner: @jojodevil91

GM: @IKakkoI

AGM: @IAmGruetz

V.S.

:team621: Atlanta Gladiators :team621: (12-3-1)

Owner: @DoNcEnZ13

GM: @FOGDEVIL17

AGM: @Xx_PATTEY_xX

How They Got Here:

:team823: Jacksonville :team823:

I was beginning to think the Icemen weren’t going to lose a game these playoffs. Sweeping their first two opponents the Rush and the Grizzlies. They stumbled a tiny bit against the Solar Bears, but would eventually take them out in 6 games.

:team621: Atlanta :team621:

Your regular season President’s Trophy-winning Atlanta Gladiators have been all but that in these playoffs. They handled Tulsa in 5 games, however they really struggled against Kansas City. They got taken to 7 games before lucking out against an undermanned Wichita Thunder squad.

Season Head-To-Head:

A common trend between these series are the regular-season series have been close, once again with the Icemen and the Gladiators splitting 4 meetings, with the Gladiators scoring one more goal in total in those 4 meetings. Everything else was virtually even in the series.

Top Playoff Performers:

:team823: Jacksonville :team823:

@jojodevil91 (LW) : 3-1-0, 20 points, +11

Jojo is tied for his teams lead in points, despite playing two fewer games. He really hasn’t had to play too much in these playoffs with the Icemen rolling through their opponents. In the games he’s played, he’s been a huge factor.

:team621: Atlanta :team621:

@FOGDEVIL17 (LW) : 5-2-0, 23 points, +7

Nobody really stands out on the Gladiators. However, Fogdevil does have a decent lead in points, while maintaining with the rest of his team in other categories. He’s the best of the “average”.

Carbeen's Prediction:

This series isn’t even going to be close. It’s mind-blowing to me how the Gladiators have done so well all season with the roster they have. Maybe they just have a solid team from top to bottom, but they don’t have any outstanding talents and that will show deeper in these playoffs.

:team823: Jacksonville in (5)

• Winner x 6
    • Like x 2
    • Troll x 1
    • Get Good x 1
    • Funny x 1
    In Hockey Ultimate Team
    carbeen
  2. Mad_Luigi_QC

Mad_Luigi_QC Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +219 / 14 / -41
    Nice write up again man! Keep it up

spectre173
  3. jphilly7

jphilly7 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jphilly7#0688
    Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -4
    Thanks for the chuckle. I love a good satire piece.

• Like Like x 3
    • Troll Troll x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Carbeen-

Ratings:
    +126 / 5 / -21
    Prove me wrong. Now that Regina is out, you're the worst first seed remaining. In my opinion. Make it happen, beat the Icemen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    In Hockey Ultimate Team
    carbeen
  5. JiveTurkey x91x

JiveTurkey x91x Im Great Just Ask Me

Ratings:
    +314 / 85 / -85
    ummmm

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    JiveTurkeyx91x
  6. oBiLL3Yo

oBiLL3Yo BiLL3Y-BiLL3Y

Ratings:
    +231 / 25 / -47
    bill3y
  7. chreid17

chreid17 3rd round bust

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I guess you were proved wrong.

• Like Like x 3
    chreid17
  8. jphilly7

jphilly7 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jphilly7#0688
    Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -4
    "Maybe they just have a solid team from top to bottom"

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Shotblockers

Shotblockers Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Point proven.

No Streaming Account
  10. Carbeen-

Ratings:
    +126 / 5 / -21
    Good job boys. Don't have to take my predictions to heart. They are just that, predictions.

• Like Like x 2
    In Hockey Ultimate Team
    carbeen
  11. oBiLL3Yo

oBiLL3Yo BiLL3Y-BiLL3Y

Ratings:
    +231 / 25 / -47
    @LaMachinee23 no shows for game 6 smh, from a good chance of winning the series by showing up and playing game 6 but he chooses to put his team in a possible elimination match... game 7 it is and the best team deserves it!

bill3y