League Player's REPs

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by TheBobbyOrr4, Mar 30, 2020.

?

DO you think LG should have a player REP to help with the Staff/player relations?

1. yes

66.9%
  2. no

16.2%
  3. SFTU, I DONT CARE!

16.9%
  1. ItsRaGo

ItsRaGo Well-Known Member

Discord:
    LittleRaGoo28#9031
    Ratings:
    +442 / 34 / -82
    When riv got banned for "knowing" frosty was second tagging. If that was proven that he knew someone can let me know I haven't seen or been told of any proof

• Troll Troll x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Chipy-ox

Chipy-ox Should be worth 11 mil at least - Mitts

Discord:
    Chipy-ox#0918
    Ratings:
    +588 / 146 / -171
    Well go back and look at the action center that got him banned. Any sort of ban has the evidence linked there for anyone to see. If there isn’t any evidence then he should win an appeal if he decides to use the system.

chipyox
  3. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    There has never to this day been a situation whereby a player was ban without cause. As stated before sometimes what is provided will never be made public which is clearly outlined within the rules as well.

Why don’t you ask the players who HAVE had an appeal granted. I grant more on weekly basis than those that are every denied. And a majority of what are denied that you can see are simply because they request isn’t an appeal anyways. It’s a player looking for vetting who file it incorrectly.

You’ve got one opinion and perspective which is fine but how many player have been busted for second tagging and during the investigation where I tell them specifically when they were cheating continue to lie and deny it all then days later say “ya you’re right”

he 100% knew frosty was playing..he denied it all to save face and try to make a stink and the VERY next season him and frosty make second tags and get busted in the CHL playing on the same line yet again.

I have Riv messaging me monthly to try and come back in sept and Frosty who wants to know when he can come back. Both of which know 1000% they are a ban for exactly what I said they did.

so tell me where a player rep helps here?

I’ll tell you where a player reps help. Players in this league who actually give a fuck so when they hear about something shady they bring it to the leagues attention to review. That’s the kind of player reps we need.

I even spoke to Riv on his console which I never do. I’ve spoken to him on discord and twitter as well. The guys seems like a good dude. But he made some poor choices that cost him a cup and his rep.

do yourself a favour and if you know of anyone else who has an issue, tell them to reach out. Because you clearly have no idea the amount the level of dedication I put in on the daily to address concerns

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  4. ItsRaGo

ItsRaGo Well-Known Member

Discord:
    LittleRaGoo28#9031
    Ratings:
    +442 / 34 / -82
    how do you know he 100% knew.

If you got it all figured out and you're fair with every ruling then we don't need a player rep

No Streaming Account
  5. TheBobbyOrr4

TheBobbyOrr4 Anyone need a pizza

Discord:
    TheBobbyOrr4#2233
    Ratings:
    +1,626 / 73 / -358
    This WAS NOT INTENDED to turn into an FUCK @LG McDonald fest. Its more about players having a voice than making sure you do your job Brodie. If you feel attacked that was not my intention here. I think the league needs to do a better job overall with having a nonpartisan group of players from all around the league to help on judgments. That is my goal.

Skyhighsms
  6. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    Feel attacked lol?

Heavy is the head that wears the crown

People have opinions, thats fine by me.

I don't think we formally need a PA or player reps when the action center is public for everyone to read and review, and the site allows anyone at anytime to PM me or start a thread to have concerns addressed.

I think you're bored lol most of us are. So i commend you on dedicating your time to LG

• Like Like x 2
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  7. TheBobbyOrr4

Discord:
    TheBobbyOrr4#2233
    Ratings:
    +1,626 / 73 / -358
    @LG McDonald so you are saying you wont implement this idea or even talk about it with @Tris10 . so far the league overwhelmingly is calling for it. I say put it to a Vote and see what we come up with. Thanks for listening and appeasing me once again.

Skyhighsms
  8. GingerNHL

GingerNHL ELEET VS PLAYER HERE | Pronouns are Shee/Sh

Discord:
    Ginger#1826
    Ratings:
    +1,910 / 44 / -144
    league vote.PNG

It should be about what the league wants, because soon enough people are gonna get tired of not being heard.

• Like Like x 1
    xGlNGERR
  9. Lazy Pedestrian

Lazy Pedestrian Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211
    For what it's worth, this doesn't work. We had it back in the VHL days. Basically all you did in that position was quote rules to people that didn't know how to read the rulebook.

The bogs have really limited say in anything anyway, so having a voice directed at the bogs is like having an opinion on Facebook. They're button pushers that enforce rulings made by those above them and they do clerical things like trade processing, position changes, etc.

With or without this position, the direction of the league is decided by @LG McDonald. Unfortunately we all kinda know PSN is an afterthought to Xbox and an after afterthought to money leagues. So this position would basically be a "Hey, go talk to Brodie and have him tell you no all the time"

LazyPedestrian
  10. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    It also didn’t work in VHL... it turned into a popularity contest and the position ended up watered down to the point where it wasn’t affective anymore.

people just wanted a purple name

the position in the truest form could work but we simply don’t have people with the level of dedication to stick it out.

It’s a staff role in the purest form, where the focus wouldn’t always need to be appeals especially when issues arise where we simply aren’t going to share information that is private to Tris and I.

PSN is the smoother of the two leagues. Less headaches. Less forfeits. Quicker expansion growth. What may appear to be “an after thought” is just the league operating incredible smooth. Just because you don’t hear from me, does not mean I’m not watching.

To be fair, we don’t get a ton of league suggestions from the psn side of things. But I literally read every single idea.

LeagueGamingOfficial
  11. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    not being heard?

I’ve literally contributed in this entire thread.. debating the leagues stance with everyone.

just because things don’t go the way you want, didn’t mean I didn’t hear your point of view...

there are currently almost 4000 active players in the league.

this poll has 59 yes votes... that means 1.4% of the entire league has taken the time to vote on this topic.

like I said, we did this before. It was not successful.

I don’t see a need for “an official” position to be created with a new fancy colour when the members of the community have a voice already... have an opportunity to voice concerns already....

This is a forum base website.. it is literally designed to discuss ideas and bring them forward...

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  12. GingerNHL

GingerNHL ELEET VS PLAYER HERE | Pronouns are Shee/Sh

Discord:
    Ginger#1826
    Ratings:
    +1,910 / 44 / -144
    Its literally been you arguing with rago and telling others that their ideas are not as good as yours

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    xGlNGERR
  13. UnboGazebo

UnboGazebo Well-Known Member

Discord:
    spinjukepuff#9321
    Ratings:
    +294 / 17 / -67
    Is this real?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    sergikalsergio
  14. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    right my bad...

So you want more representation to have better communication with me, but when I directly reply that’s not good enough?

gotcha.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  15. TheBobbyOrr4

Discord:
    TheBobbyOrr4#2233
    Ratings:
    +1,626 / 73 / -358
    once again BRODIE stop getting defensive. This is to better the league not to say you are doing a bad job. I have the upmost respect for you and your league. I just think with all of these sponsors coming in the players feel like they should have a say with the future of the league also.

• Troll Troll x 1
    Skyhighsms
  16. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    lol haven’t been defensive once and we literally just spoke about about all this stuff in private

The sponsorship right now hasn’t had anything to do with the LGHL yet unfortunately, not due to a lack of effort.

I’ve spent many seasons encouraging the community to forward ideas and the managers also have a major opportunity to discuss change ideas.

Thanks for the insight

• Like Like x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  17. DJU4040

DJU4040 DJU4040

Discord:
    dju4040#0
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    This is a pretty interesting topic. I can see both sides of it as to why some would want it and why some would say there really isn’t a need.

In reality, a player rep is someone who is educated more in the area of how the league is run, and therefore acts as a talking head when dealing with players/union/management. The rep is usually a more level headed individual who can bridge the gap between players and the league since a lot of players don’t know know their rights or how to diplomatically state their position on a matter.

That said, a player rep also meets with the players union and represents his team at that table. He brings ideas, grievances, and other issues at which time the union decides what to pursue and what to leave be. The players union mainly deals with contracts, rules, and players rights/representation.

In LG, there is no players union. With no union, it seems like player reps would do nothing other than communicate with the league commish on behalf of a player with an issue. What that suggests, is that there are players out there that can’t speak for themselves because they’ll just make it worse for themselves with ego, temper, what have you.

What I see being suggested, is that a player rep would basically act as first, a diplomat, to deal with the commish, and then as an investigator to see if an issue is warranted or not. The problem is, that’s what a union would do, not a rep. The rep would bring the issue to the union and the union would decide to go to bat or not for the player.

Based on the above, I can see why people are for it as there are players I’ve seen in the past that probably should have someone talk for them. Perhaps things would’ve gone a little smoother had someone more level headed spoken for them. However, I can also see the other side as players can very easily communicate with bogs/commish, etc which would make it seem unnecessary for player rep, especially with the absence of an actual union.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  18. DarkI79I

DarkI79I Warning Group

Ratings:
    +699 / 21 / -57
    I'll say first off that I'm by no means an LG "expert" or even near the longest serving member but I have managed in this league for 6 of my 7 seasons. I've done media for LGCHL and LGAHL, and am about to run a weekly tournament. I've dealt with 2nd a tag on my team, one being accused, and even had to appeal a ban myself. What I will say about this idea is that in theory it could be great but the BoGs are already in a very thankless and demanding position. Adding more work to their plate makes an undesirable position even more loathsome. Unfortunately it's a volunteer position and for the league to remain a free to play league, it has to remain that way. That's assuming the playwe rep(s) are just dedicated LG members voted in based on their merit and good representation. The more likely scenario is that popular members will be voted in and will not serve the vast majority of the community the way the position was intended but will slow the process down and make the staff's life very annoying. The reason I say this is there have been many BoGs in past seasons who have been removed for not doing their job and just wanting to hold a position of "power". This happens with managers, media, and really any volunteer position people think will grant them notoriety.
    Even if a person who was able and willing to do this job to it's intended purpose, they would not last long with the percentage of incredibly toxic people that occupy this site inevitably eroding their will to do this job. I do appreciate the discussion, and the idea isn't fundamentally bad as I do have things I think would make the league better but I have found that I've been able to bring these ideas up to staff in the past. Some ideas have been taken, others weren't. That's the whole point of this though, is to be heard and you can get that if you PM staff or create forums much like this. Whether there is a LGPA or not people will feel as though their ideas are being ignored because of who they are or what they've done, you're just changing who they blame for the "Bias". @TheBobbyOrr4 I love that you made this thread. Whether this happens or not, more people need to come forward and use the forums for things aside from clips of "Coning" guys and suggest the things they'd like to see. This forum system is currently the best way to spark change. If there is enough support, the league will listen. I understand some people feel as though they've been put on a shit list by the league, but the way to spark real change is to have an intelligent and respectful conversation about what they're like to see, not arguing about petty issues from seasons past about bans and SB mutes. Bogging the system down with this stops us from ever talking about important issues. Lastly I'll say that I sometimes need to remind myself that this is a virtual hockey league, while it's fun, it is just a hobby and there are FAR more important things we could all be putting our time into.

Apologies for the absolute wall of text.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    good points

my questions from all of that ya what role does management play?

They have direct influence on the league, access to the staff when needed.

personally I’ve always felt they also play that role

• Winner Winner x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  20. LG McDonald

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852

I think after playing with you for two seasons and seeing how you’ve handled a variety of issues, how you’ve been available for your players you’ve even strengthen my point that the managers are kind of already in the role of player reps.

you’ve done a great job of leading by example.

Not all of our managers are willing to commit what you’ve committed but in reality when we look at how tight teams are, how discord has improved team communication, how the managers have direct access for rule changes and site improvements, can’t we agree every team already has this kind of representation?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial