League Player's REPs

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by TheBobbyOrr4, Mar 30, 2020.

?

DO you think LG should have a player REP to help with the Staff/player relations?

1. yes

66.9%
  2. no

16.2%
  3. SFTU, I DONT CARE!

16.9%
  1. TheBobbyOrr4

TheBobbyOrr4 Anyone need a pizza

Discord:
    TheBobbyOrr4#2233
    Ratings:
    +1,626 / 73 / -358
    when people skirt the rules some get off and some get punished. SIMPLE!

Skyhighsms
  2. Class Act 27

Class Act 27 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    class#0551
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 23 / -129
    There’s no reason to have this. It’s just an extra step that’s less direct. I have no idea how in any situation this would benefit a player in the league. Other than to just have someone who explains their rights/rules to them. The staff already does a good job of this if you have questions

• Like Like x 1
    Class_Act_27
  3. Ethancy

Ethancy Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ethancy#0
    Ratings:
    +191 / 3 / -8
    shut up

• Winner Winner x 1
    Ethxncy
  4. Doc_Peep

Doc_Peep Good vibes only

Discord:
    Doc_Peep#6385
    Ratings:
    +495 / 23 / -53
    This is the best answer.

doc_marshmallow
  5. Doc_Peep

Doc_Peep Good vibes only

Discord:
    Doc_Peep#6385
    Ratings:
    +495 / 23 / -53
    I think a players union, as @DJ4040 said, and as @Markz_51 stated, being an independent body from management, players, and staff, to represent players in issues with management and staff, could be a useful tool in representing the players issues and offering players a piece of mind that everything is being handled fairly.

As it stands now, everyone involved in an appeal has an emotional investment to it: the players or teams making the appeal and the staff having to argue their decision. Without a third party involved, the appeals process seems tilted against the player. And as we've already seen in this thread, @LG McDonald has gotten defensive about it. And I'm not blaming him for it, he runs the best league and has pride in it. It's only natural.

But that natural urge to defend his staff and the way it runs is why having an independent arbiter that is not influenced by staff or management to be the appellate body might not be a bad idea. Look at the legal system: when you appeal a judgment, it goes to a different court with no dog in the fight to ensure some semblance of fairness and avoid any favoritism or the natural urge to defend your staff's decision.

I think it's an idea that should be looked into. And I'd be willing to be on that staff.

doc_marshmallow
  6. xSloshy

xSloshy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,528 / 25 / -66
    Former staff member chiming in here. Not here to claim innocence or anything. I am guilty of doing dumb shit as staff and have done my part in trying to rectify my past mistakes.

I've banned people simply for not liking them (Matthout). I've watched other staff members ban people for not liking them (Plymmy).

I've watched people go punished on PSN for stuff that people who play XBOX would get away with. I've watched XBOX players get appeals overturned for quitting on PSN that would never happen the other way around (Mooresey).

This is all shit that has happened while i was a BoG. Some I played a direct part in. Others I was ordered to by those higher in command.

There isn't a balance here. XBOX is and will always be the favorite. The examples are shown time and time again. And this is coming from one of those privileged xbox players who got away with a lot of shit in early seasons.

PSN will never equal XBOX as long as it doesn't have it's own red name to govern the league. Brodie, I respect the hell out of you for everything you've done for LG and the 6's community, but PSN has never and will never be able to match the XBOX side unless there is an individual who can focus 100% of their effort into the PSN side (and be able to dish out punishment consistently and accordingly. This Coach/Tommy situation is a fun example).

Until the PSN side can govern (and enforce) cross platform punishments (including ESHL), PSN will always be the red headed stepchild of LG.

The truly sad part is was that for a moment so many players made the transition to Playstation (S3-S7) because the game was straight up better on the console. And we killed that. We killed PSN in favour of XBOX due to always prioritizing XBOX needs over PSN. And it's very important to the PSN side that staff is held accountable for that.

Edit: to answer the question. No, a player rep isn't needed. But that is because there are other core issues that should be addressed.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Sloshy97