LG Cleveland clips Buffalo's Wings

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming G-League (LGGL)' started by EQUIFAX, Sep 20, 2004.

1. EQUIFAX

EQUIFAX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LG Cleveland clips B

ESPNers Check the Site..For you outsiders..Here you go!__________________________________________________________

Buffalo(AP) - Cleveland's new starting quarterback scanned the locker room after Sunday's game against the Bills with a thankful look on his face.

"Thank God for second chances.." said Cleveland QB Quincy Carter.

Playing in a game where the remanants of Hurricane Ivan were present, the Cleveland Browns got a momentum building road win in a 17-10 "clipping" of the Buffalo Bills.

The Browns running game got the game's first score with a 66-yard run up the middle from newly acquired FB Rob "HOT SAUCE" Konrad.

"HOT SAUCE!" Carter said from across the locker room. "He had some moves on the field today like those AND 1 guys on his way to the endzone. He told us he liked HOT SAUCE on his buffalo wings and there you go..."

In the second quarter, the Bills moved the ball well against the Cleveland defense and completed the drive with a 25-yard run by Travis Henry into the endzone.

On the next series, Cleveland Browns quarterback Quincy Carter hit WR Marty Booker for a 70-yard touchdown strike that gave Cleveland a 14-7 lead.

"That felt good, Quincy got the ball to me and I knew I could make the play.." said Booker after the game. He finished with 4 receptions for 126 yards.

The rest of the game was a defensive struggle resulting in field goals for each team.

Cleveland made two drive stopping takeaways which helped stop Buffalo from getting into a groove down the stretch.

"The interceptions were key. A lot of talk had gone on during the week about how we couldn't create turnovers and how Moulds was going to have his way with us. We had a good game plan and it showed." said Browns CB Sam Madison.

The Eagles travel to Cleveland next week to take on the new look Browns. EQUIFAX admires the way his team got it done.

"I was pleased with the effort, especially from a group of guys that hadn't played together that long. Buffalo was tough. It is a long season ahead."

No Streaming Account