Media LG Overdrive's Post-Bidding Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Da Young Buck, May 26, 2017.

1. JayyDubski

JayyDubski LGCHL Director

Discord:
    dayoungbuck#0
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 325 / -613
    West Central - @Da Young Buck

1 - :team317: Cleveland Monsters :team317:

The team that was given to @Stoner x 95 from the Owners. Looks like Owners giving free teams and resigns is a common thing in Cleveland this season with half of the moves already done by the team Owner. Besides that, Cleveland is headed by Calder Cup Champions @Stoner x 95, @ l Landeskog l and @Gunwoat. Albeit Gunwoat didn’t win the Calder last season, he decided to keep faith in the Monsters. This team is heavily stacked to much rule manipulation (thanks Wags and Sakic). Offensively led by guys like @Gunwoat, @l Gentry l, and @mferra32, the forwards can do some serious damage. Kinda easy when Owners just do whatever they can to fuck an entire AHL community over :thinking: Defensively, @l Landeskog l and @Hammy x 27 seem to be the top pair, with not much of anything afterwards. Goaltending looks very strong as well with @I KiLLTarTED I and @BS PAINTRAIN 19 between the pipes. This team will do some damage offensively and the goalies will both shut the door making up for the lack of defence in Cleveland.

Players to watch: @Gunwoat, @mferra32, @BS PAINTRAIN 19
    Offence: A+
    Defence: C-
    Goaltending: A+

2 - :team390: Milwaukee Admirals :team390:

Familiar faces in unfamiliar places. Milwaukee is led by a few guys that are normally on Division Rival Charlotte, with GM @Random Fn Hero and AGMs @drewiski and @macros73. I don’t much very much about their forwards, but what I do know is that most of their cap went on to be used for defence. @Idropyy looks to continue to show his mediocre dominance after a good season in Tucson while the majority of the forwards are in fresh territory. Defense is where they went big. 6,25mil on @Bellx91 is a lot of money for a great player that has great attitude and a great work ethic. @macros73 and @Mitchy Marns are also apart of the weirdly shaped defensive core that the Admirals have put together. Manning the pipes is “Once a 3mil goalie, always a 3mil goalie” @Viva La Rangers while top NHL Goaltending leaderboards @Matt l85l backs up the expensive one. Lots of experience and lots of underestimated talent on this team.

Players to watch: @Bellx91, @Matt l85l
    Offence: B-
    Defence: A
    Goaltending: A-

3 - :team349: Rockford IceHogs :team349:

It’s no surprise that after winning the Macgregor Kilpatrick Trophy last season (AKA the President’s Trophy), that we would see @Im4thLineWorthy return to GM this team. However, he does have a more thumbs friendly AGM this season in @KSPx11...I wonder if his availability is better than “10:30pm games only”. Offensively led by KSP himself and @Averageboy, big names like @Scumbag Jared aren’t to be taken likely. We also know that despite scrub hunting all last season, @Im4thLineWorthy is still a VERY talented player. Defensively, they have guys like @DUTCHLOVER44, @Neil x 25 and @itsamemariox1 that lead another very strong and rounded out defence core. Goaltending wise, with a starter like @shutthegate, you can never go wrong. And I know that @ll 7th ll is your best friend and all, but is that really a wise decision for a backup goalie?

Players to watch: @KSPx11, @Averageboy, @DUTCHLOVER44
    Offence: A-
    Defence: B+
    Goaltending: B

4 - :team395: Chicago Wolves :team395:

Chicago looks like a whole new team compared to last season’s powerhouse. This season, taking over the reins is young @Falconeflame AGM @LAZYKIDZinGA. There are a few big names on this team, but nothing too special in general. Forwards are led by contract heavy @Haze The Scorer, renown NHL Top Scrubhunter and @Handz. After that, much of their forward depth trails off into 3rd liners and maybe 2nd line CHL players. Defensively, they have a few good pickups, with guys like @o Panda o Panda, @MISTICREE and @stelene 7. They do have two solid goalies, Lazy being one of them and @King Ellis101 being the other. Can Ellis continue to pull off the magic of his previous seasons? If he does, he could be the reason why Chicago makes or breaks it coming to the 4th seed for playoffs.

Players to watch: @Haze The Scorer, @King Ellis101, @Handz
    Offence: B+
    Defence: B-

5 - :team299: Grand Rapids Griffins :team299:

After a very shitty Season 26, Grand Rapids is now run by a much stronger management team of @Schizostone, @Its A Me Legacy and @RemmyDarko. Grand Rapids looks to be built around their forwards and goaltending, just like Cleveland, with the exception that they actually have some depth on defence. Speaking of defence, having your top three defencemen as @Ats, @Banak and @Hungry Ducks, half that defence core is extremely solid. With the goalie tandem of @Codester109 and @Sanctifiy, they look to shut down guys from top teams with relative ease...just make sure you shoot from your own end if you want to score on Codester.

Players to watch: @Its A Me Legacy, @Banak, @Sanctifiy
    Offence: B+
    Defence: B+
    Goaltending: A

6 - :team307: Manitoba Moose :team307:

Return from the NHL...back from a brief stint as management in Toronto, Manitoba GM @DudleyDoWright5 leads this team alongside his good pal @Hamburglar Time. The Moose have a very underrated roster, but they definitely should not be taken for granted in the very difficult Central Division. Offensively, they are led by studs like @Cydonian Knight and @Sh0wtime l88l who have tons of LG experience in the NHL and in the AHL. Defensively, their blue line looks a little weaker than some Central teams, but they did snag @DWinger82 and @Celtic Renegade for practically nothing. Other notable defenseman @WeezyFnSwamprat took the brunt of the D-Core’s cap at a whopping 2,5mil. Goaltending looks a little bit shakier than they should be, but they are led by starter @CAPTAIN TURTL31 and @SleightOfVic looks to take the back seat role.

Players to watch: @Bitty nP, @Sh0wtime l88l, @Stealthy Whales
    Offence: A-
    Goaltending: C

7 - :team393: Charlotte Checkers :team393:

This season’s Charlotte Checkers are taking a new look with GM @Get Good Horty and AGMs @JimGottaXBOX and @DA JABR0NY. They have a very strong forward group, with names like @x PAPI GONZALEV, @Cynthesis21, and @LADYxR3DxBUSH. These guys have all been on very good winning teams, are known to win and provide a much needed veteran presence in this summer season. Their defence is a lot weaker, so hopefully their strong offence can make up for it. Defence is headed by Jim himself, and they have guys like @FtB x Grizz and @xWallyMacx that could be used as their top 3 guys. Their goaltending starts very strong with veteran top goalie @DA JABR0NY taking the starter role here and newbie draft pick @Ratty68 looking to make his name known as the backup.

Players to watch: @x PAPI GONZALEV, @DA JABR0NY, @FtB x Grizz
    Offence: A
    Defence: C+
    Goaltending: B+

8 - :team362: Iowa Wild :team362:

A new management crew coming up from the CHL, Iowa is led by GM @Clancy2113 and AGMs @Ozzy9041 and @l Thomps l. This team doesn’t look too special to me on paper, but I could be wrong as a lot of their guys could be top CHL-level talent. Offensively, they are led by @Clancy2113 himself as well as @Kronwall x l55l and @Pogs. Defensively, they have a few key guys by the likes of @Big E DeLong and @DwnSyndromeDAV3. Goaltending looks like that will be their strongest suit as the pipes are manned by @l Thomps l and @Demented Christ. Demented is a veteran AHL goalie that may yet again be looking at a backup role while top CHL stud goalie Thomps take the front seat.

Players to watch: @Kronwall x l55l, @Big E DeLong, @l Thomps l
    Offence: C+
    Defence: C

West Pacific - @A Salty Sail0r

*As always these are my opinions so please let the butthurt feelings commence. And due to @l Ristolainen l being unavailable I had to come up with these on the fly so I apologize if anyone gets upset for not having been mentioned or feels snubbed

1 - :team618: Tucson :team618:

Tucson will head into S27 being led by Ristolainen and Stastny. Joining Stastny up front leading the offense will be Lorenzo x 24 in the paid AGM spot. Which was a smart decision locking up a proven scorer. This guy feels like the common “Connor McDavid” as in his only season in the CHL he posted a 16-7-1 record with 83 points and 50 goals. Then moving up to the AHL in his first season where he digressed right? Wrong. He only outdid himself by posting a ridiculous 21-5-1 record with 91 points and ANOTHER 50 goal campaign. I was mistaken when I said Connor McDavid as he dominates all levels but the guy is clearly a goal scorer. Watch out opposing defenses, I’m sure Risto is glad to have him on his side. After an unsuccessful stop in the NHL Stastny regained success last season in Rockford posting a 15-5-2 record with 62 points. Other forwards of note here will be LG McDonald bringing back 57 points and Sempalix who is also bringing back 67 points. These guys will look to push Tuscon to a deep playoff run.

Defensively - This team will look to be defensively sound with the addition of Ristolainen stepping up in a big role after coming over from a disappointing Utica season. He will be joined by veterans Eagles9412, Neon 5 and Stith00. Risto and Co. decided to drop 5.5M on eagles is a little risky in my opinion for a guy that is just about a career .500 defensemen in the AHL. However he made the jump to the NHL for S26 and is coming off a 16-10-1 record. So the risk is worth the reward here if he can meet or exceed those numbers. Neon 5 experiencing a cup hangover (from not winning it) decided to switch to defense this season. And Risto traded for him to sure up his D line in a weak bidding class for Defense. Smart move let's hope it pays off for him.

Goaltending - PHJ314 and 1M probably looks to be the starter here but as always you tend to run with the hot hand so only time will tell. Since switching to goalie he is 41-26-4 with a 3.44 & 3.24 GAA in corresponding seasons with a 71% and 75% save percentage. He will continue to improve upon those numbers provided he gets solid defense in front of him which Ristolainen will be sure to provide. Strap da fool is the other goalie here and having not played an LG season since S22 it will be interesting to see how he does. He is currently 1-2 in preseason with games of 1, 2 and 4 GA. With one of the games looking like he lagged out or quit.

Offense- B+

Defense- B
    Goaltending- B

2 - :team518: San Diego :team518:

Kav and Wilkesy will be looking to lead the Gulls to the playoffs with a solid group of guys and solid team that they have put together. I honestly feel in a weak pacific division that this division could come down to either Tuscon and SD. Because of some spending questions I have San Diego at number 2 but would not be surprised in the least if they win the division by seasons end. Offensively Kav will be looking to improve on his personal best statistics from S26 in which he posted a 20-4-1 record with 61 points. He will be looking to go for a 3rd straight 60+ point campaign and I don’t see anything in his way barring him from doing so. Wilkesy a long time NHL vet will be making his 4th straight AHL season. He like Kav will also be looking to go for his 3rd 60+ point campaign. If these two decide to play together there is absolutely no reason why they both can’t do so together. Two 60+ point scorers on the same line is a recipe for success. Other forwards of note here include Gala who was won for 3.5M and will probably provide depth down the middle and needs to recreate his stats of 56 points in S23 if San Diego expects this signing to be impactful. Also BuddyWhackit who will be looking to make his AHL debut and bring his 72 points from the CHL with him.

Defensively this is where I start to scratch my head and question what the motives were here behind the decision making. Nobody is denying the talent in which you spent your money yet one in particular would be Rico Suave. A long time journeyman of the AHL and a great defensemen whether you place him on the left or the right side has always had an issue of availability at least when it comes to the summer time. So it's worth noting that with these availability issues out in the open why you still risked dropping 6.5M on a guy that can maybe play max 4 games. Hopefully the risk is worth the reward here too. After a good season in 25 posting a 13-13-1 record with 31 points howie fell off the map in sorts going 6-9-2 with just 10 points in a disappointing S26. That didn’t stop kav from dropping 4.5M on this fan favorite. With 2 seasons of just 10 points and 12 points in his last 3, howie will look to prove that S25 was no fluke and is capable of posting healthy stats like this again. Having Kav and Wilkesy will help with this.

Tending the twine will be the likes of Dewman and Brown 31. Dewman will be looking to improve on his career best statistics from S26 where he went 28-14-5 posting a 2.73 GAA and a 77% save percentage with SA. With the likes of rico and howie being the first D pairing as long as this team proves they have defensive depth after those two I see Dewman having another great season. Brown will be returning to SD after coming off a 30-14-3 season in which he posted a 2.88GAA and 78% save percentage. This looks to be a balanced goaltending duo here that will carry SD far. I see a timeshare here but of note if Brown can win 37 wins this season it will give him 100 in 3 seasons. That’s impressive in itself.

Offense: B+

Defense: B

3 - :team516: Stockton :team516:

Leading the heat in S27 with another set of 3 forwards will be @Alexander x 91, @Da Young Buck and @Chews N Chell. Leading the charge will be Alexander who will be looking to improve his 64 points that he tallied last season apart of the Reign. Only way he can ensure this is to not play with Buck. If this team expects to make a deep run he will need to fix that -12 rating as well. After playing G in S26 Chews will be making the switch to FWD, with his last season of note coming in the CHL in S25 where he posted 60 points he will look to help contribute to stockton getting back to the playoffs. Then there’s Buck… Who hasn’t played Center since S22 when he had a solid Portland squad before it all went to shit. But he posted a 14-12-1 record with 60 points. It will be interesting to see if Buck is better or worse at Center with the new physics style of the game. Other forwards of note are veteran Privatize who has mostly enjoyed success as a dman. But last posting 43 points as a FWD in S24. He will provide good depth. Also Showtime 88 who hasn’t done much in recent time except in S22 where he put up 61 points coincidentally enough with Buck.

Defensively this team will be lead on the back end by recent 5M signee Lost and Hungry. After a brief stint as a RW he will be moving back to what he knows best and that's shutting down opposing forwards. Last enjoying his best season in S23 with 35 points. He will look to imitate that success again this season. Hungry will be joined by new addition Smokelessly who is coming off his best season after posting a 15-7-2 record with 30 points. 4.25M is a little risky for a guy that has one winning season in his last 5 but of course Buck always knows something that we don’t. Another dman of note will be kkvilly who went for 2.75M after two consecutive seasons in the CHL where he went 29-15-2 combined with 49 points and a +50.

Goaltending will be led by Notorious Fat who overall is a great guy and happy to see him enjoying success is the most dominant league of all leagues. Coming off a 23-19-6 season which he posted subpar numbers of 3.56 GAA and a 75% save percentage. With a solid group of dmen in front of him expect Fat to turn those numbers around and improve upon them in S27 especially in what will be a weak division for sure. Backing him up will be Darkexpert2 who will be making his debut in the AHL for this team coming out of the CHL with an unimpressive 11-21-3 posting numbers of 4.44GAA and a 72% save percentage respectively.

Offense: B
    Goaltending: B-

4 - :team363: San Antonio :team363:

San Antonio will be heading into S27 with Mayertopkat, Reggie Howser and Agent J. We now have our 3rd team in the division where all management spots are filled with forwards. After 2 full seasons in the CHL posting 172 points combined Mayer will look to prove that he can continue his success in the AHL. Reggie will be joining kat from their previous memorial cup team where he provided 66 points. This dynamic duo will look to lead SA to the playoffs and as previously stated if they can prove successful this division’s top spot can be had. Other forwards of note include Lindros 88 and r u mad im mad. I know lindros personally and he is a good forward to have and at 4.25M seeing as how much other forwards went for this is a decent price to have been had for. Lindros can provide solid 2nd line scoring or top line depending on how Mayer see’s himself. It will also of note to see if mad can complete a full season as he has history of not completing a full season in any league.

Defensively I don’t know who will be carrying the load here, as it looks like SA was not interested in paying top dollar for proven talent. They have the most cap left over of any team if i'm not mistaken with 9.25M. Judging by given prices I will have to assume that ct83 and killbride10 will be the go to guys here. Ct coming off two successful seasons in the CHL having posted 44 points combined in both will have his work cut out for him because CHL talent is just not the same in the AHL. Time will tell if he truly belongs or not. Killbride with only one full season at defense went 10-10-4 in the CHL with 13 points and a -6. San Antonio will need to use some of that cap to go get a defensemen if they expect to be contenders in S27.

Goaltending will be handled by eggs182 and starsky. Eggs is primarily known as a forward given his prior history but based off his most relevant season of goalie he went 30-9-1 in S25 of the CHL with a 2.52GAA and a 77% save percentage. With the looks of defense on this team eggs is going to have a hard time not cracking under pressure. Starsky having not played since S25 will also have a hard time finding success for the rampage. His only season of note was that S25 season which he posted a 1.82GAA..but after further research I was curious how a guy goes 9-20-2 with such a low GAA. After conducting my research I found a stat error in which he played goalie and gave up 11 goals over 1057 minutes of game time. No wonder he didn't play S26 he was exhausted. Needless to say that 1.82 is wrong.

Defense: C-
    Goaltending: D

5 - :team517: Ontario :team517:

Ontario will be lead into S27 with Sms Fan 3, General Jobo and Sizzle. Finally a team that has some balance as far as management goes! Up front this team will be lead by Sizzle and and SMS where they will also be joined by the likes of Wagner and OEL 23. SMS having been a longtime AHL vet will look to post his 3rd 60+ point season of his career as he’s proven he can do it. As long as he’s playing with the right combo of forwards he should be able to accomplish such a feat especially if he just plays teams in his division. Sizzle another well known player should provide some scoring depth for the reign having posted 45 and 51 points in his last two seasons. Wagner another well known player feeling a bit of a reach here for 4M. In his last 3 straight AHL seasons he’s only managed to get 50, 51, and 56 points after an outbreak season in 22 where he lit up the scoreboard with 83 points. While he’s winning games the points just aren't there anymore. Expect another 50+ point campaign this season.

Defensively this team will be ran through the General himself, General Jobo. He will look to build off of a solid campaign from S26 where he went 9-7-1 with 16 points. With forwards such as sizzle and wagner he should be able to improve on these numbers. Other notable dmen joining this team are Azkika, Flow Sauce Chew and CousinAvi. Azkika coming to the reign through this season's draft process should provide great depth from another guy I’ve had the privilege of playing with and in this bidding class 2M is a steal. FSC went for 6.25 this season and will be looking to make his AHL debut with his most recent notable seasons coming in the NHL in 23 and 24 where he went 21-19-4 combined with 48 points and a -8. Another new comer so to speak will be Avi after much success for the most part in the NHL he will enjoy a season in the AHL if he’s not called up to show first. That will be interesting to see how it plays out. But his most recent seasons in the NHL of 27-17-6 with 50 points and a -16 earned him a bid of 4M.

Backstopping the Reign will be the duo of conv Tipsy and Mastadon31. Again simply going off prices it looks like tipsy will be the man in charge of the crease for most of the season. And with no statistical data I don’t really have much on this mystery of a goalie. I’m sure SMS and Jobo know who he is though. Mastadon will be making the jump to the AHL for his first full season after compiling a 20-16-2 record in S26 of the CHL posting a 3.40GAA and a 78% save percentage. If he can play the position well the combo of depth dmen on this team and good two way forwards he should enjoy success at the AHL level.

Defense: B+
    Goaltending: C+ (hard to judge goaltending when one guy has no info)

6 - :team519: San Jose :team519:

San Jose will be heading into S27 with everyone's favorite bachelor in Leddy and his BFF andrews x 24. Leading the offense here will be Clarkeskog, Kelly 74, Jonny 97 and Hookd186. The major question mark on this team aside from Leddy being able to run teams is Clarkeskog. With only 1.5 seasons in his career 8M is a steep price to pay here. One can only assume that Leddy had some “inside” information here. Kelly will be coming back to the AHL after two decent seasons in the CHL. He’ll be coming off 123 points and a +55. Jonny another CHL’er who will be jumping ship to the AHL is also coming off 2 seasons in the CHL with 140 points and a + 66. Seems like Jonny and Kelly will fit just nicely together. Not having played LG since S24 which he went 9-4 with 33 points. He will provide good depth Another notable forward will be CBas.

Defensively this team will be run by the first pairing of Leddy and Andrews. Outside of this pairing the depth will rely on the likes of the other four RD’s that were bid on. The question that begs here for me is which 2 of the 4 will have to play LD? Ponlor is a good utility but I think 3.25 was a bit much for him even in a weak class. Another dman of note is dekepedia who was won for 1M. With a sub 500 record career in the AHL he will have his work cut out for him but with two 20+ point seasons in 24 & most recently in 26 he knows how to contribute.

Goaltending will be done by Cjc Cobras and Brett R. Cobras and leddy have played together for quite a long time so not surprising to see this reunion. Cobras will be looking for a fresh start after a difficult season with the blackhawks in S26 posting a 3.65GAA and a 71% save percentage. With some of the names on this team it's hard to imagine him posting better numbers though. The other goalie here is Brett who is coming off his most recent of goaltending in S24 where he went 16-7-4 with the Maple Leafs with a 3.04GAA and a 69% save percentage. Same with cobras I don't see this duo enjoying much success.

Offense: C

Defense: C

7 - :team300: Texas :team300:

Texas will be going into S27 with Caruch and Juniorhawk 16 at the controls. Not certain what the plan is as right now they currently have 11 fwds, 8 dmen and 3 goalies. First decision they need to make is to get roster compliant. This duo will look to try and make Texas relevant again. They have some good talent on the roster but will quickly need to figure out how to utilize it. Offensively this team will look to be carried by ShortyxLose and Nylander. Both going for over the 4M price tag. Having known shorty outside of LG he is a terrific pickup for the stars and if they expect to compete he will have to shine brightly. But unfortunately I don’t see this happening without much help. In 7 full seasons spent in the AHL he has made the most of it with 5 60+ point seasons including a career best of 72 points in S23. Nylander put up 75 points in a full season in the CHL for S26 and in brief action showed a sign of things to come as he put up 21 points in 5 games in the AHL last season. These two have a lot of work ahead of them if Texas expects to contend out of the gate.

Defensively this team will be led by Caruch and with two consecutive losing seasons with 18 points posted in each and a career -62 I don’t see things changing for him this season. Accompanying him on the blue line will be Arobzz and manocchs both going over the 1.25M mark. Arobz having played the blue line for the abysmal Dallas Stars in S26 will be looking for redemption in S27 for the Texas Stars. Although I doubt he will find much success here. And without his TR from his S26 contract. He could be in for another miserable season. Manocchs will be making his AHL debut (this is the current theme this season with a lot of newbies getting their feet wet.) In his last 3 full seasons in the CHL he has increased Wins and Points. But making his debut with Texas I’m sure this player will wish he would have stayed in the CHL instead.

Goaltending will be handled by Herringthefish and tdog833. Nothing spectacular here as fish is coming off two dreadful seasons in S25 & 26 in which he went a combined 23-47-5 with stats of 3.14GAA and 78% as well as a 3.87 GAA and a 75% respectively. Fitting that he will be taking these talents to the lone star state. Tdog will also be coming off two full seasons from the CHL except his stats are significantly better. He is a combined 40-19-1 with stats of 3.10GAA and 79% as well as a 3.02GAA and a 77% respectively. This goaltending duo definitely should prepare for a long season.

Offense: C+

Defense: D

8 - :team515: Bakersfield :team515:

Bakersfield was very late getting to the party. As they did not name management until the day of bidding or the night before if I remember correctly. They will be going into S27 with Paulweck and jdj71 who again if i'm not mistaken have been playing together for a while. Joining these guys up front will be a91 tavares. In his most recent season in the CHL he racked up a record of 0-8 with just 11 points and a -27 with 7 of those 8 games coming at fwd. After putting a point per game in season 26 Jdj was removed after 5 games with just 5 points and a -6. Will be interesting so see how this duo does this coming season. They spent over 5M to land :team1: expecting him to play like the real tavares. After playing goalie in S26 he will make the switch back to fwd with his most recent season coming in 25 where he posted an 11-13-2 record with 52 points while going +3. A lot of money for a player where that 52 points is his highest point total at any level. And with almost no cap they will need to give up a valuable asset somewhere if they expect to contend with no scoring depth.

Defensively the pressure will be on El Diablo and his presumed partner drewfitz. They will reconnect from S26 St. John’s where they had a successful season in making the playoffs before an early first round sweep ended it. I have known bishop for quite some time but 5.75 is a reach and too much if you ask me. He did put up great numbers however going 16-8-3 with 32 points and a +26 rating. Given the offense in front of him he will be hard pressed to try and replicate that if he wants to win. Livid Penguin is another defensemen that Bakersfield paid over 4M for. He went 21-5-2 in S25 with 24 points but quickly did a 180 in S26 with BAK as he went 9-16-2 with 20 points. So the consensus is the guy knows how to score and contribute offensively. But I expect much of the same from S26 this season in 27. Noteworthy is Live by Sin who was also apart of the S26 STJ team who is transitioning to defense for S27. Bakersfield/St Johns take over here?

Goaltending will be handled by the other manager here in Squad Cav and AZNmatt. Will look to improve upon career best numbers he posted in S26 with a 2.68GAA and a 78% save percentage. Although good numbers I don’t see him replicating them this season, expect a heavy digression. The other goalie is Squad Cav who will also have his workload cut out for him as well. So far 0-2 in S27 preseason but no one cares about pre-season his most recent campaign comes from S26 in which he went 22-10 in the CHL with a 2.90 GAA and a 78% save percentage. As I stated above with matt good solid numbers but hard to see them being replicated. I expect a subpar season from both netminders unless they get some dramatic help in front of them.

Offense: D-
    Defense: D+

Eastern North - @A Salty Sail0r

I will be doing the post bidding write up and a power ranking special for the Eastern North Division. But I will be adding a little twist as I have reached out to Representatives from each team. I asked each rep how there bidding process went and how they feel going into opening week. As always the following information is based off of my own beliefs and opinion so with that said let the butt hurt nation commence.

1 - :team312:Rochester :team312:

This team will be returning the likes of Gthumbz and Zacha 37 from Season 26’s calder finals team. With thumbz making the jump from goalie to LW only time will tell if it was the right move. Not sure what kind of relationship Thumbz has the NHL but rochester sure was “babied” in a weak bidding class with a plethora of drafted players sent down to their disposal. With the opportunity to have played with certain DP’s such as Rickology and MJ23 x Cash this team will be loaded with skill and depth up front as well as the additions of vince 26 and sprucemoose. Offense looks to be the key that will take this team far.

Defensively I don’t know many names on this roster but the addition of grocery stick in the off season was a very good move as he posted a 17-6-3 record last season with Rockford. I also had the chance to play with him and definitely is a 1st D pairing, I wouldn’t be shocked whatsoever if he was to be paired with Zacha whom I often referred to as the GOAT. But with a sick finals loss he quickly heard the chirps and as such switched to Goalie for this upcoming season but again with a weak bidding class made the last second decision to move back to LD.

Backstopping this team will be the likes of Ballzy06 and 212. Ballzy will be asked to carry the load and will have no issues standing in between the pipes taking on top lines and big games. Alternatively 212 is a decent goalie but does have his flaws. As long as Rochester doesn’t give up too many odd man rushes 212 will be fine. Having played with ballzy the guy can stop 1-0’s and even 3-0’s. I witnessed for 82 games in another league what he can do. Solid goaltending duo here.

Gthumbz let me know his mind set about his team “Bidding went well, had to overpay of course a bit on a few guys like everyone. I’m hoping that our guys can get some chemistry early in the season and get off to a good start. It’s tough to tell though cause a lot of our team (like most teams) haven’t played together much before if at all.”

Offense: A
    Defense: B-
    Goaltending: A+

2 - :team303: Binghamton :team303:

Bing will go into S27 with Horvat, Orockonyoutube and Darcy Kuemper at the helm. With Horvat and Orock both being forwards they will be joined with RFA signing eatchy a solid player who can almost gel with any wingers he’s given. At 2m that is a fair salary and given what I know about the player I would consider this a steal. Not to be forgotten is the signing of Scrub Swede who has posted 3 consecutive 50+ point seasons and 3 straight 20 goal season’s with his most recent season taking the jump forward to 33 goals and 65 points. With his lowest season total of a +8 he proves he’s a solid two way forward as well. Other forwards of note include Demon and Wolf 29.

Defensively Binghamton will look to the likes of Hungry Storks who has been given a 4.75M salary to carry the back end. He only has one AHL season of note posting 17-9-1 record. NHL 4 Gunz will also provide veteran presence on the back end while also not posting a losing record in his previous 5 seasons. Of note will be to see how Brian1591 pans out, it only cost them 750k for this RFA signing but they are getting a solid player if it works out in their favor.

Backstopping this season's Sens team will be Darcy Kuemper. Expect Darcy to take the bulk of the load here, I personally believe that this team will go as far as Darcy allows them too. Darcy brings veteran NHL presence to this team so I expect this team to do very well this season.

Horvat spoke briefly about the state of his team “I feel really good about the team, of course every manager says that haha. Honestly I think everyone on the team feels that we have a chance to do some damage but who knows. I’m on the team so i’m sure i’ll find a way to mess shit up. All in all I feel like we have 3 solid lines and 2 very good goalies. I don't really have any regrets on who I got and how much I paid. I really look forward to this season.”

3 - :team309: Syracuse :team309:

S26 Calder Cup champion Syracuse Crunch ring in S27 with new management under Kovy x 17 and Officer Nastii. Joined up front will be the additions of Kane 88, Cailean x 29 and Magik Frenchy. I can’t say that I know many of the forwards on this roster. But given the prices that Kovy paid for some of these forwards he has a plan in place for his team. Cailean will be making his AHL debut after a couple of very good CHL campaigns. Kane will be coming off consecutive 60 point campaigns and is most notably coming off a 7-0 playoff record fresh with a Calder Cup championship.

Defensively the crunch will be led by returning defensive prowess of Mitchy Marns as he finds himself as the odd man out having been the only one that did not make the jump to Cleveland. Most likely flanking him on the opposite side holding it down will be redmile89 in which his rights were won with a bid of 6.75M. Hefty price to pay for a defenseman, but from what I’ve seen in the CB it seems to be worth it here with this guy. Posting consecutive 20 point campaigns in the NHL it seems as if the “show” was proving to be too “EZ” for this guy as he decided to take his talents to the minor leagues to show top notch forwards that when you visit his island you won't leave the same. I won’t be shocked here if redmile keeps a list of future LW’s he’s going to have placed on his island. Marns and Mile will be a scary duo.

Backstopping the Crunch will be the duo of Gotathanasiou and nicholas08chick. I don’t know much about the ladder but I do know gotathanasiou and the type of goalie he is. And all I can say here is Kovy I hope you have 6 very good defensemen in front of this goalie. Because if not 3rd in the division will be the least of your worries. I wouldn’t be shocked if Syracuse looks to make a splash if possible at the deadline or at some point in the season.

Kovy let me know his mind set about his team “Well bidding went easy but lacking on RW and a goalie and the defense is looking pretty decent and after some trades this weekend I think that we’re gonna have a decent week” Judging by the comments made by Kovy and talking trades this early upon the close of bidding he definitely believes he is truly lacking at these positions. If Syracuse wants to repeat as cup champions he has a lot of work to do. Syracuse will be my Eastern North team to watch.

Defense: A-

4 - :team298: Toronto :team298:

Leading this season’s Marlie squad will be the dynamic duo of xxx drouin 27 x and well that’s a bold strategy cotton. Looks like Drouin knows something the rest of us don't. Currently Toronto is the only team in the AHL that does not have an AGM.

Offensively Toronto will be led with players such as Speedy 93, Drouin 27, 87chabQC and Wilkesy. Speedy a DP will be a solid guy in the middle of the ice and will be key here to dictate how the game goes. Drouin a decent two way forward is a solid playmaker. Don’t expect him to cover for the defensemen should they pinch however. He plays a 200 foot game but he’s only out to play for himself. Wilkesy looks to be asked to carry the load as well, not having played in the AHL since s21 his first full season belongs in the CHL and there he shined and put up 80 points. Look for him to try and recreate that same kind of statistical output in S27.

Defensively I don't recognize any names here and currently they only have 5 at this time. Defense looks like it's going to be the weakness here. Toronto’s forwards will have a huge task at hand to score a lot of goals to take the pressure off of the defense. With that being said the pressure is also going to be on Drouin, hopefully he knows more of these guys then I do because he’s going to need a lot of help. Just like Darcy in binghamton Drouin will be carrying the bulk of the load here for the Marlies and he will take this team as far as he can.

Drouin let me in on his bidding process “ I was pretty excited when it began. I had a plan and a vision of what kind of a team I would have like to build. I wanted to build a team that would have a mix of upcoming CHL players into the AHL with some AHL veterans. Everything seemed fine until my NHL owner decided to take over. I would have not mind that only if said owner would have known that we, the AHL, have 10M less on our cap space. The fact that bids last 12 hours made me having to play with a lot of money being hold up when I could’ve invest that same amount of money somewhere else. At the end of the day, I feel like I was able to bring a good group of players and I fairly believe that we can have a good season and a solid playoff run. Not trying to be cocky, just trying to show that I truly believe in my players capacities.” Strong statement right there from drouin leads me to believe that while you think the plan you have for your team won't be sidetracked down the road at some point with the disconnect you and your NHL owner have. Best of luck in the next coming weeks.

Offense: C+
    Defense: I’ll pass because i don’t know enough.
    Goaltending: B-

5 - :team392: St Johns :team392:

St. Johns will head into S27 with Toxic Nightmare and Brosarsus Wrecks. These guys will probably look to carry the load together as they have multiple 500k forwards on their roster. I don’t recognize most of the names on that roster either. They will be joined by pricey forwards The Iron Stub and Toxic Scopez. First up the Iron Stub at 2.25M seems to be a little bit of a reach given that S26 was his most recent full season since the closing of NHL 13 or 14. And he only put up 56 points while just being barely up .500 He did have 16 goals and 40 assists so this Centerman looks like he’ll be looking to set up his wingers before he shoots the biscuit. Another question mark will be the 1.25M bid on scopez of the toxic clan, and in this case this move seems a bit toxic. 1.25 for a guy that has never played in the AHL???? I understand a weak bidding class but guys come on. Other forward of note is the returning veteran journeyman Erice. Special shout out to Etown Kush King as it's been rumored that he had a very bad personal incident. Speedy recovery my friend and I wish you the best.

Defense is where St John's loaded up on and spent most of the money provided to them. They spent 3M+ on 4 of the 5 Dmen currently on the roster. Starting with Ebeans123 at 4.25 Vetesse 4M Tomidius 3.25 and lastly PFthewall at 3M. Given the money here looks like on paper we have a 1st pair and a 2nd pair. Ebeans the most expensive posted a 10-14-3 record in s26 with a -15. Expecting a lot from a guy who's proven little. Vetesse is another high paid Dman being paid a lot while providing little. Looks like he was the partner of ebeans in s26 and seems likely they’ll be partnered once again. He posted an 11-14-2 record. 8.25M on a pairing for a combined 21-28-5 is a risky move. Hopefully it pays off for them.

Goaltending will be done by the likes of a living pylon at 1.25M and crazy pudding. Given the salaries here I will have to assume that pylon will be given the starter's role. Even though posting a losing record of 10-12-3 pylon still posted some pretty stellar numbers of a 2.48 GAA and an 80.5 save %. That leads me to believe that this guy had poor offense in front of him last season with st john's. However given my outlook on this seasons St John's defensive core I don't see Pylon reciprocating these numbers. The back up in pudding posted a 19-12-3 in the CHL last season while posting a 3.24GAA and a 76 save %. Goaltending looks to be the strength here on this team but will quickly have its will tested with the Defense in front of them. I know brosaurus from NHL 14 days I know he will prove me wrong.

Brosaurus let me in his mindset heading into week 1 “Bidding went pretty well, we got a lot of guys that we originally had on our board. We got a couple of guys that went overlooked by other teams, that we got at a steal. We definitely got a lot of work ahead of us getting to know each other heading into season. But there’s already a lot of communication and guys are ready to play.”

Offense: B-
    Defense: D

6 - :team305: Albany :team305:

The S27 Albany Devils will be led by Some Pylon and Krejci l46l Once upon a time Dan Hutton was an AGM of this team and well that was short lived because he just couldn’t keep quiet. Returning to management for the first time since his infamous rant that got him the hammer in the first place he quickly proved why some people don’t deserve 2nd chances. Looks like this management duo spent their money wisely filling needs and going big on a forward and a defensemen. Krejci was a solid offseason pickup who turned into an AGM while posting consecutive 75+ point seasons while posting a 13-10-4 and 14-10-4 records. Joining Krejci will be the likes of no undies on and Woolybuffthe3rd. Wooly seems to be fresh out of the CHL while posting a small 5-2 record in his only AHL action. But he did also post a 70+ point campaign in the CHL. No Undies On was paid for with a premium going for 6.5M which seems appropriate. This vet is a longtime NHL guy so I’m not sure how he slipped to the AHL for s26 but took full advantage going for 84 points in his first full AHL season. Look for him to continue to keep his undies off as he enjoys the breeze of another high scoring campaign.

Defensively this team will be led by Some Pylon otherwise known as Dontfwithfred. Fred is an underrated Dman at times but also has momentary lapses where he needs someone to carry him. If fred is on his game watch out because offenses are really going to have to have a strong gameplan to beat him. Posting 4 straight personal winning records and at least 15 points in 3 of his past 4 seasons Fred will look to maintain this streak of his. Joining him on defense this season will be Gnashty41 at 4.75M and Johnny Fivehole at 1.75M. Hefty price to pay? I think it’s justified he’s never posted a losing season in the 5 that he’s spent in the AHL. This guy is either very lucky or very good. Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good, however this guy is the real deal. 36-13-2 in his last two full seasons. 1.75??? Fred sure pulled a rabbit out of his hat on this one. Props to you on this steal of a signing sir.

Goaltending will be led by the duo of adidaht 88 and p guin91. Adidaht was a hell of a goalie in s22. After some sub par seasons in 23 and 24 it looks like he got very bored of being let down by his defense and switched to defense for seasons 25 and 26. After this brief layoff he’s made the switch back to G. With thee aforementioned defense above, adidaht should have no issue regaining form from s22. P guin looks to have a fresh start coming off a 2 season ban. He seems to be in the right situation here. His best season numbers came in S22 when he posted a 3.07 GAA and a 77 save %. He’ll look to post career bests this season in new york.

I was able to get some words from Fred “Although I honestly was hoping I would slip under the radar in a weaker division, it turns out my team will most likely be headhunted by some due to strong personalities on my team. It will be a challenge to my team, but with a solid squad of guys like, Volt, Johnny, and Undies, we will have a good season ahead of us.” I would have Albany higher on my rankings here at number 3 behind binghamton. But due to the addition of Dan Hutton I have them at 6 only because I cannot rate my own team.

Defense: A-

7 - :team410: Utica :team410: ***Written by @Im_Faces

Utica.. What is there to say about Utica.. This team, in brutal honesty, does not look good at all on paper. I expected a better roster here, but let’s break it down from top to bottom regardless.

This team has a lot of random forwards, and aside Vince who’s coming off a great NHL season and Position Banc who is coming off a 20 win CHL season there’s no real top talent on the front end. Those two will called on to carry the offense and depended on quite a lot. The rest of the forwards are either career .500 AHLers, CHLers coming off horrible season, or AHLers doing the same. Looking at these forwards, you can’t really expect they’ll be blowing anybody out this season.

On defense, things are a little more stable with both the first and 2nd d-pairing consisting of a couple ofstuds in Losh, Salty, and Cavanaugh. However, after those three, the depth falls off. Granted that Noodle The God has good stats,he hasn’t played since CHL season 8. Alongside him is the captain Giroux who is coming back from a 5 season hiatus playing a new position, and career .500 D AngryxPirate41. Regardless it will be interesting to see if they pair one of their good D with a, let’s say underrated D, or if they stack the first line and hope for the best.

In the pipes, things remain theirsame shaky course. Viper, while being an okay goalie, is not worth a starter position. At the same timethough, Lauxey is a first time goalie this season and who knows how he will perform. Neither of thesegoalies has the capability to steal a game in my opinion, so if the skaters turn out to be as weak as I think they are on their 2nd and 3rd lines, they could be in for a rough season.

Players to watch: @Position banc, @Noodle The God, @Lauxey

Overall
    Forward: C+
    Goalie: C

Eastern Atlantic - @A Salty Sail0r

1 - Wilkes Barre Scranton

Lead by Hilly Datsyukian Deke and Gumba this team will look to build off the progress it made last season. They were thoroughly disappointed with how their season ended and will be headed into S27 looking for revenge. Hilly is returning and will look to post bigger numbers then he did in 26. He has two 70+ point seasons in 2 of his last 3 seasons played in the AHL. He will look to improve upon his career best set last season of 78 points. Hilly will be joined by deke this season fresh off a 18-7-2 season with 60 points of his own. Who also has three 50+ point seasons in 3 of his last 4. He will look to make that 4 of 5. Also joined by newcomer Gumba who is also coming over from Providence with a 20-6-2 record with 73 points. These three if playing together could potentially all hit 100 points if defenses are not careful. Other forwards of note here include Big blaster who is returning with 126 points in his past two seasons. The guy simply knows how to win and score. Dangerous.

Defensively the Penguins will be carried by Chi Town Beatdown Maxy 19 and shootingh. Chitown is the biggest name here and for good reason. Overall what’s not to like about the guy. Coming off a career best season in which he posted career highs in wins points and +/- 21, 42 and +34 respectively. This guy is captain material on any team. Shout out to you man as well I don’t know you personally as most do but you are a class act of the community and glad to have you around. Maxy fresh out of the CHL posted his career best season in a baby penguin uniform with 21 wins of his own. 31 points and a +33. I don’t think you can post better numbers then that but with the forwards this team possesses I think I might be proven wrong.

Goaltending will be handled by the likes of Larsbone it looks. As they have one goalie on the roster right now. They will obviously need to get a second one. But in the mean time Larsbone gets all the love right now. I don’t see many stats to go off of. But I have seen this guy around plenty of leagues and know that he is a great goalie. He will have no issue carrying the bulk of the load in Pennsylvania.

Offense- A
    Defense- B+
    Goaltending - B

2 - Bridgeport

Bridgeport will head into S27 with Facialize and Pensxcrosby 87 at the forefront. After a lengthy stint with iowa facialize took a break and sat out S26 but he is back for S27 and will look to create another successful trip to the playoffs as only he knows how this time with the Sound Tigers. Perhaps his time is behind him though as before he took a small break he posted a combined 62 points in S24 & 25 which puts him 1 point ahead of his total for all of S23. He will look to regain form from his career best S22 in which he put up 63 points. Joining him will be PensCrosby. He is coming off a 16-9 record with 59 points. Which seems to be consistent given his history. In 4 of his last 6 AHL seasons he’s posted 50+ point seasons consistency will be key if Bridgeport wants to make the playoffs. These two gents will be joined by the likes of MeisterExploder Bryce 18xx716 and Slippery Malkin. Exploder brings with him a short season in the CHL but 51 points and a +39 at the center position. Bryce also provides depth coming from Toronto with 61 points and a +10. Malkin is a risky signing though at 1.75 after coming off a ban for no showing and while never posting higher than 37 points at any level.

Defensively the sound tigers will rely on Smitter Yggdrasill and RKC. Smitter makes his return to the blue line last having defended it in S25 with the canadiens. He compiled a 12-9-3 record with 14 points and a -3 rating. 5M is a bit steep to pay for a guy that's only scored more than 20 points twice in his career while playing defense. Yddrasill joins the Sound Tigers after stops in Toronto and Stockton. With the latter being the most successful season of 16-9-1 with 14 points. He will provide solid depth on the tigers first pairing. RKC comes over from toronto last season with an impressive 18-8-2 record and 29 points. He will also look to provide solid depth and prowess on the Tigers blue line. Money well spent here by management with The Riddler being a steal at 500k.

Goaltending duties will be done by Joek5 and Fiddlehead75. After a career best season in 22 with stockton the following seasons have not been so kind to Joe. He has one winning season since then and he was 7-6-1. As well as not having posted a GAA lower than 3.64. With the solid defense that will be provided to him he will look to regain form from S22. Fiddlehead having last played in S25 with Rochester will bring over a 10-4 record and a 2.64 GAA and an impressive 81% save percentage. Looks like facialize hasn’t lost his touch in assembling a playoff squad.

3 - Lehigh Valley

Lehigh Valley will be lead by Nightmare xX and Dunks everyone’s favorite sweetheart. Offensively this team will be led by the likes of Trap Lord Berg Tricky 13 Meesta and oNo Ruthless. TLB having last played in S22 posting 5 points in 3 games and before that S18 with 54 points in 25 games. These guys must know something about this guy the rest of us don't for 3.5M Tricky is coming off two decent seasons in Albany with a combined 123 points and -1 rating. He will look to rebound from a disappointing S26 season with numbers matching his S25 campaign. Meesta will be joining the phantoms and another fwd over the 3M price tag. His last season coming in the NHL with the Kings where he went 2-10-4 with 32 points. He’ll also look to find success after a disappointing previous season. Oddly enough Ruthless will be joining Tricky from those albany seasons. Posting the same exact point totals and +/- rating. They will both instantly a force provided the right center is in the middle of them. Record 77 is a player to watch here for only just 500k.

Defensively this team will be run by Dunks and joining him will be Tiddus bitetto and JVR. Dunks will be coming back to the AHL after a stint with Detroit of the NHL in S26 where he went 11-16-1 with 24 points and a +2 rating. His last AHL is where he put up career bests with 16 wins and 46 points in what was his only AHL season as a matter of fact. Tiddus will provide solid skill on the blue line as well coming over from Bakersfield where he went 14-11-2 with 20 points Will be interesting to see who he is paired with with the exceptional talent that's on this squad. Bitteto brings 26 points and a +1 rating from SA in S26 to this seasons LHV as well as JVR who will be making his debut in the AHL as a defensemen.

Goaltending will be done of course by Nightmare. After a nightmarish season with stockton in S26 having gone 19-30-1 with a 3.82 GAA and a 73% save percentage he will look to find his form from S25 with the Rampage in which he posted career bests in wins and GAA with 36 and a 2.22. His backup will be rybs12 who will be making his AHL debut at goalie. Expect Nightmare to take the bulk of the load as much as he can. Like binghamton with Darcy this team will go as far as nightmare will take them. Will LHV get S26 nightmare and wind up being a nightmare? Or will they get S25 nightmare and potentially win the Calder cup?

4 - Hershey

Hershey will storm into S27 with the likes of Mike Shea 19 and Brassard 16 with their paid AGM spot going to Bolts 91. Offensively Bolts and Shea will be doing most of the work load here from the LW spot. Shea will look to get over the 60 point hump as he has put up 56 and 53 points in his last two respective seasons. With the forwards on this team he will look to match his career best season of 73 points in S23 but those days might be behind him. In bolts you get a perennial scorer who has reached the 80 point plateau twice in his career and 79 points in S19. With his career best coming just last season with 86 points. These guys will be joined up front by Cotes and Lyons 63. Cotes brings with him 158 points in his last two seasons combined with a + 62 rating. As well as a career best 21 wins in S26. Lyons will also provide scoring depth as he brings 136 points from his last two seasons and a +60 rating also fresh off a calder cup.

Defensively the blue line will be defended by Brassard Slapshot1219 Benzy and Leif Ender. Brassard almost a PPG defensemen is coming off his two best seasons in the AHL as he is a 33-17-4 combined with 57 points and a +60! Great choice in management by mike shea to secure a top notch dman for the blue line. He will be joined by slapshot who was given a 4M contract for good reason. He’s coming off a career best 21-4 record with 30 points and +61 this easily has the makings of a solid 1st pairing. Leif ender is returning from the S26 bears squad in which he went 21-4-2 with 23 points and +48 if slapshot isn’t paired up with brassard I expect him to be paired up with Ender. Benzy was given a 3M contract after enjoying his two best seasons in the AHL recently with a combined 31-19-3 and 47 points with a +30. Hershey looks to have 4 top not quality dmen and this most likely will carry them deep into the playoffs.

Tending the twine in hershey will be A slanted neck and tarasenko 91. Currently 1-0-1 in preseason with a 1.81 GAA this is all I have to go off of. So time will tell how this guy holds up. But with the offense and defense on this team. This guy should hold on because he’s going to be in for a fun time. Tarasenko is coming over from the S26 wolves team where he went 26-15 posting a stellar 2.86 GAA and a 78% save percentage. Both of these goalies will be in for a “sweet” ride with what's being provided in front of them.

Offense : A-

5 - Hartford

Leading the Wolf Pack in S27 will be Tatar 21 and everyone’s favorite Game 7 choker Rapier x 11. They also decided to go with I’m Faces as the captain which would be a great move! Except he’s playing goalie…...hopefully Tatar and Rapier have more insight as to what there plan is then we the community do. Rapier will most likely be the go to guy here offensively as they quickly made a splash by getting his long time linemate and friend Daqs x 13. These guys have played together forever it seems and they will continue to dominate this season as they usually do. It looks like they spent cheap here forward wise and paid premium on the back end. Outside of Silveri and Tactic Mario they have 8 forwards (not including Rap) and 5 are under 1M. Silveri will look to regain his S25 form and forget all about an abysmal S26 campaign. After an impressive 5 loss 70 point season he fell in points and increased his losses. Expect him to bounce back and reach the 70 point plateau again for the 2 time in 3 seasons. Tactic Mario will look to have a fresh start after being removed S26. He was in the midst of his best season in 25 before the removal so it’ll be interesting to see which player the Wolf Pack are getting here. The 49 point player from seasons ago? Or the player who has only scored more than 28 points in a season one time?

Defense wins championships. Well Tatar and Rap seemed to have bought into this mantra, quite literally. Having paid 14.25 on 6 dmen is a lot. Only time will tell if they made the right choices here. Majority of that money came on the likes of Tx Kn1ghtz at 4.25 Maxymus at 3M and StickNick at 3M as well. Knightz will be looked upon heavily as he is being paid like a shutdown defender with no AHL experience. His previous season came in the CHL where he posted a 15-4-1 record with 37 points and a +43. S25 also posted 28 points and a +36. One thing is for certain the guy knows how to generate offense. Maxymus will also be looking to make his debut in the AHL as his previous full season also came in the CHL where he finished with a 14-7-2 record posting 25 points and a -3. A Lot of money being spent here on unproven talent. With heavy offenses such as WBS, LHV and BNG in there division they will have their hands full.

Goaltending will be led by Tatar and Faces. It seems as though there is a goalie controversy brewing already. Faces having never played goalie in league before and rumor has it that he’s never actually played goalie at all. This should be an interesting season for the Pack should it not work. Will you move faces? Will you plan to just go 6-3 every week? What happens when faces loses and becomes a head case? These are questions that we will find out soon. Tatar is already a great goalie and can carry a team a long ways. Tatar is coming off a subpar 3.02 GAA and 73 save %. He will look to improve on those numbers as long as his defense doesn’t let him down. He will also need to save those point shots more often as well if he expects to raise these numbers.

Defense B-
    Goaltending: F+ F is for faces.

6 - Providence

This division is easily the most difficult of the 4. I had a really hard time trying to rank these teams as I get down to the last two here. So absolutely no disrespect to providence or Springfield. Providence goes into S27 with Orpiks Cornhole Squish12 and hutch2323. Orpik takes over Providence here looking to rebound from an abysmal S26 in which he posted a career worst 5-17-2 record. He will look to find his form from his career best S22 where he put up 93 points. With him is squish who is coming over from the calder cup winning crunch team and his 53 points. After a brief hiatus hutch is making his return as a forward after most notably finishing S23 as a netminder. Orpik didn’t spend a whole lot on offense choosing to go with the 500k army but has a few noteworthy forwards in rG breezy if he can stay in the teens for his ping connection. And Reeva who is bringing 53 points from his most recent CHL stint.

Defensively is where all of the money was spent on guys like Johnnycash1107 Duganator Steadybs and Tomgolf. Cash brings decent stats over from Tuscon S26 with 21 points and a +14 rating. A bit much to pay for these stats if you ask me. Tomgolf getting paid with 4.25 bringing a respectable 14-8-1 record and 18 points from his recent CHL campaign. Another dman bringing his talents from the CHL will be steadybs getting paid with a 3.75M deal bringing his 14-6-2 record and 12 points. He should be a solid 2nd or 3rd pairing depending on what orpik does. Next is Duganator who got paid mega with a 6.25M contract who will be switching to defense this season after most notably finishing his S26 as a forward and put up 81 points.

Goaltending in Providence will be done by Auggy32 and Tristn. Auggy brings veteran presence to the crease. But his only season of goalie looks to be way back in S23 when he went 18-13-3 with a 3.65GAA and a 74% save percentage. If they defense provided in front of him can hold strong he should be able to post career best numbers this season. The other goalie here is tristn who is currently 1-1-1 in the preseason with a 2.72 GAA also hasn't played tendy since S18 when he went 8-5 with a 3.77GAA and a 70% save percentage. He like auggy dependant on the defense in front of him could be in store for career numbers.

Offense: B-
    Goaltending:B

7 - Springfield

Last but not least we have Springfield being run by Daddy Burnout DINI 91 and Kaddie 75.
    Offensively this team will rely on Burnout Dini and Payfer89. Much like providence this management trio decided to go the 500k army route at least offensively. Burnout is coming off consistent 55+ point campaigns in his last 3 seasons and will look to make it his 4th in a row. Posting 57 61 and 59 also going +10 in that span. Joining him will be Dini who is also in the middle of his own streak also posting three straight 59+ point seasons including his best season coming in 25 when he hit 73. He also plays the 200 foot game as he is +14 over the course of those seasons. 3M paid to Payfer89QC and for good reason. In his only season in the AHL he posted a career best 21-3-1 with 82 points. Playing RW and combo is likely of Burnout-Dini-Payfer and this trio could very like reach 90 points and be a dangerous top line if they choose to go this route. Random meat at 500k will be another winger to watch as he goes for just 500k.

Defensively kaddie will look to run the show back here. I know kaddie from banana leagues and he’s a great dman and just as equally a good guy.Acquired in the offseason and choosing to resign rather than go into bidding just might serve as the right choice given the money that was being spent. Coming off a career best season with 16 wins and matching a career high in points with 24 is impressive and a shame all at the same time. This guy has spent 10 seasons in the AHL and just set a record for wins in a season. SOMEONE GET THIS MAN SOME HELP. Joining him will be djtreason duff mcgruff and koriegh. Duff at the same salary as kaddie is an outcry no where near matching the same skill level as him. With his best season coming most recently in 26 with 11 points and 12 wins. Duff will have the chance to pair up with kaddie or treason as he comes over from the crunch with a 17-5-5 record and 23 points and a +35 rating. Rounding out the blue line is the highest paid of the bunch Koriegh or known as Astro 72 his most recent season saw him going 18-8-1 with 22 points and a +27 in S25. Whomever duff pairs with Koriegh will get the other.

Goaltending will be run by Kingofny1983 and The Clam Wiper. I had NY in s23 with my short tenure and the guy was solid. I can only imagine that he has gotten better over time. His most recent stint was S26 in the NHL where he went 21-14 with a 3.31 GAA and a 70% save percentage. He will resort back to the AHL as those stats were not good enough to earn him another season in the NHL. Backing him up most likely will be The Clam Wiper who will make his AHL debut this season after notably going 13-12-2 in the CHL with a 3.99 GAA and a 75% save percentage. NY will be expected to carry the majority of the workload given the backups numbers.

Defense : A

Sorry this took so long, again I had to literally came up with this on the fly since the Atlantic division was missed. Hope you guys enjoyed these.

THANKS FOR THE PATIENCE EVERYONE, ALL EDITED NOW

Last edited: May 27, 2017
    • Like x 15
    • Winner x 5
    • Dumb x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    DaYoungBuck
  2. Hustlehard0927

Hustlehard0927 Cook

Ratings:
    +172 / 159 / -67
    Great write up

• Winner Winner x 1
    Dillon_reilly
  3. Vcek

Vcek I'll carry you.

Ratings:
    +351 / 88 / -114
    Gunwoat wasn't a Calder champion. But in my heart he is

• Like Like x 5
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    VcekOG
  4. Nata1e

Nata1e I'm walking em

Discord:
    Natale#9564
    Ratings:
    +1,004 / 162 / -202
    @VVaGs82 buck seems a bit salty lol. Want Kane for my left nut?

• Like x 6
    • Funny x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Get Good x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    l_s4k_1
  5. xxSavageDave

xxSavageDave Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +195 / 15 / -16
    Jokes on you. I'm only key cause I'm key to losing cause I'm aids

Lightxdownydav3
  6. Im 4thLine

Im 4thLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 79 / -197
    Unintentional scrub hunter here.
    (10:30s only)
    But good write up too bad I can't read

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Landy Byng

Landy Byng hockey

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 124 / -181
    Yeah our defence is definitely a C-. :thinking:

• Get Good Get Good x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. NotoriousFAT 00

NotoriousFAT 00 Former LG media kingpin, Wine gum lover, LG dad.

Discord:
    NotoriousFAT 00#5853
    Ratings:
    +3,745 / 76 / -124
    I love these write ups. They always bring people out of their preseason slumber and kick them in the ass. Use the hate to motivate! The season is officially on!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    notoriousfat00
  9. ll 7th ll

ll 7th ll Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ll 7th ll#7161
    Ratings:
    +524 / 32 / -38
    Only a backup G because my best friend is the GM here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ll7thll
  10. Facialize

Facialize Baby, you're a firework

Ratings:
    +196 / 5 / -19
    So bad we don't get one.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Auggy98

Auggy98 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    auggy#7393
    Ratings:
    +133 / 14 / -21
    Sheeeeeeeeeesh

• Like Like x 1
    augdaddy
  12. Garis93

Garis93 and they don't stop coming

Discord:
    Garis93#0625
    Ratings:
    +2,206 / 134 / -118
    Weighing the team down sorry

• Funny Funny x 1
    LG_Voracek
  13. LAZYKIDZinGA

LAZYKIDZinGA S32 Canucks Owner

Discord:
    lazy#2805
    Ratings:
    +186 / 21 / -51
    great write up

• Winner Winner x 1
    Lazyyyygaming
  14. SchwimpEggWoll

SchwimpEggWoll Mees le Pleb

Ratings:
    +511 / 52 / -56
    @Da Young Buck Why put out a write up if it's not even complete? WBS and Springfield are the best teams in their division and they get no love. I expected more from the "media crew"

Side note: good job to my bae @A Salty Sail0r for his great write ups!

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    meestopcheese
  15. Hilly

Hilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +286 / 6 / -16
    I mean, @Im_Faces can call our division irrelevant but come week 7 when he's grinding to get that number 4 seed in the division and scramble into the playoffs we'll see who the irrelevant teams are ;)
    Overall good write up fellas, it'll be fun to see how it pans out.

ps. hug your posts

:team301::team301::team301::team301::team301:

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    hillhouse13
  16. ChiToWnB3atD0wN

ChiToWnB3atD0wN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +633 / 6 / -14
    Would have to agree @Da Young Buck. I am super appreciative for all that you guys do for the community, but for you to post a comprehensive writeup that is missing an entire division kinda sucks. Not to mention my division. My heart is broken.

Still a great writeup on all the other divisions and their teams. Good read. Appreciate all who are involved on the media squad.

• Like Like x 2
    chitownb3atd0wn
  17. Nightmare xX

Nightmare xX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +414 / 33 / -38
    Irrelevant here

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. SchwimpEggWoll

SchwimpEggWoll Mees le Pleb

Ratings:
    +511 / 52 / -56
    Fuck I forgot oh guys we're in that division too! That makes 3 teams in that division that are better than Hartford yet didn't get write ups.

• Winner Winner x 3
    meestopcheese
  19. Vcek

Vcek I'll carry you.

Ratings:
    +351 / 88 / -114
    Why don't you do a write up then

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    VcekOG
  20. A Salty SaiIor

A Salty SaiIor Warning Group