Please Vote! LG Overhaul (NHL/AHL)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by ChiSouthSiderr, Aug 4, 2021.

?

What was your general availability during the NHL 21 game cycle?

1. 3/9 and lower

5 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. 4/9

2 vote(s)
    1.5%
  3. 5/9

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  4. 6/9

30 vote(s)
    22.1%
  5. 7/9

12 vote(s)
    8.8%
  6. 8/9

3 vote(s)
    2.2%
  7. 9/9

83 vote(s)
    61.0%
  1. ChiSouthSiderr

ChiSouthSiderr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    chisouthsiderr#0
    Ratings:
    +881 / 224 / -237

It's not that easy to call people up from the C anymore, they have protections in place. AHL has no protections, so your team can get gutted to benefit the NHL team at a moments notice. Who wants to build a team and have it dismantled by someone else?

• Troll Troll x 1
    ChiSouthSiderr
  2. Cross_X_Check

Cross_X_Check Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 123 / -201

2 players...... 2 fucking players are protected and half of them are "friends" or total shitters. SO NEXT.

cross_x_check
  3. ChiSouthSiderr

Discord:
    chisouthsiderr#0
    Ratings:
    +881 / 224 / -237

The "incentive" you're asking about for AHL managers is the ability to work with NHL management, run a team, and to build the most competitive team you can. The NHL teams needs will always trump the AHL, as it should. That's the entire point of the league, to be a feeder to the NHL.

- Thats the thing, a lot of NHL owners do not care about their AHL teams. And if the A is just a feeder for the N, then the NHL owner can run both teams then. What do you need AHL managers for? Just to babysit? Again, besides dodging NHL bidding, what is the incentive to manage anymore? You can build the best team ever and in a moments notice, you lose your best player and you get nothing in return. Then what? You're left scrambling to replace a player you scouted and bid on? All that work that was put in was for nothing.

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    ChiSouthSiderr
  4. ChiSouthSiderr

Discord:
    chisouthsiderr#0
    Ratings:
    +881 / 224 / -237
    Prospects are protected as well.

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    ChiSouthSiderr
  5. Cross_X_Check

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 123 / -201

Dude stop, just stop and go away you lint licker.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    cross_x_check
  6. ChiSouthSiderr

Discord:
    chisouthsiderr#0
    Ratings:
    +881 / 224 / -237
    I'm so glad we can finally have a mature conversation about something. Bravo sir!

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    ChiSouthSiderr
  7. Cross_X_Check

Ratings:
    +1,125 / 123 / -201

First off your thoughts are not very logical. Above you stated: Prospects are protected as well. Can you tell me why this is? It's a rule in place so that way players cant just sign up and make the jump straight to the NHL level and have a STACKED team of 500k guys whom others have no idea about. All owners get a fair crack at said prospects when they become draft eligible. There are rules in place for a reason and some of them you may not understand.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    cross_x_check
  8. ChiSouthSiderr

Discord:
    chisouthsiderr#0
    Ratings:
    +881 / 224 / -237
    My point is they are protected.

Also most top tier prospects are pretty known in the community. @oSparz, @Nicky Moose 69 etc. If you can find hidden gems then great, you actually scouted people. Not sure what you're getting at.

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    ChiSouthSiderr
  9. TheHeroicDuck

TheHeroicDuck Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theheroicduck#0
    Ratings:
    +1,215 / 13 / -60
    There should be zero incentive to manage in the AHL. The entire incentive right now is so players can play against shitters instead of moving up to the appropriate skill level in the NHL

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    TheHeroicDuck
  10. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    People shouldnt be able to choose to manage in the AHL, only people who go through bidding without a bid should be able to manage in the AHL

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    SweeT9LoU84
  11. RGDeded

RGDeded Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,213 / 47 / -134
    Ive said this plenty of times but the AHL should not be associated with the NHL and ahl rights should be assigned similar to how the ahl chl relationship is.

Avail is whatever it will always be hit or miss but you're more likely to have good avail for a good team.

Managment is a thankless position and quite frankly there are too many yes men around now who just wanna suck off staff that nothing beneficial gets accomplished to make the league better.

Need a staff reset

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    ReallyGooodDad
  12. Too Much Twoco

Too Much Twoco Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Too Much Twoco#2520
    Ratings:
    +455 / 2 / -17
    It’s a simulation league. AHL feeds the NHL. That’s the reality and won’t change. The root cause in my opinion continues to be the awful management pool. People don’t want to manage because people can do what you mentioned with the 4/9 and what not. It’s a players league and that creates a limited pool of people who will still willingly manage. Then, you take that pool and restrict it further by having it so any of those players who aren’t worth a free contract start at a disadvantage.

I 100% agree the league has gone downhill at the NHL and AHL level (I can’t speak for CHL). But, the reality is that LG is a backseat to Esports right now. McDonald’s focus is there and growing that cause of the opportunity it presents. It’s clear that free contracts need to die or some change to the current structure to either incentivize more people to manage or to not penalize those who are willing. It wouldn’t be bad for Broom to be a manager if his contract wasn’t worth the same as Heroiism’s for example.

until the league fixes management in some form, the league will continue to die. Management is fruitless most of the time (I’ve managed multiple seasons in the C and A. Never in the N cause not worth the contract). Unbalanced management leads to unbalanced teams, which leads to more fluctuations in competition.

TL DR: it’s a sim league. AHL should feed NHL. Not enough good managers. Incentivize more to manage or don’t penalize those who will as severely (kill the free contracts). Until it happens, LG will continue to decline

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Coreymac27

Coreymac27 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    coreymac27#0
    Ratings:
    +253 / 15 / -13
    It was me and parksy who ran the team I did trades he did the day to
    Day and we got two free contracts and it was a group thing going forward

No Streaming Account
  14. Coreymac27

Coreymac27 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    coreymac27#0
    Ratings:
    +253 / 15 / -13
    The last thing I like to say the way to make the league better is basically we need the top players having to take on management if they do decide to play there is no insensitive for them to do it besides baby sitting where they have their own esports team to try and win actual prizes .. for me if there was any prize like a jersey or shirts or cash for the team winning the cup besides the virtual trophy witch I definitely want LOL … then I can’t see that changing personally with the esport events trending upward … bottom line if we wanna see this league being better better players take management not the average players can’t win it but if the talent is spread around and everyone having a first line will make the league ten times better and I can’t see that without there being incentives

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. SmiTTy x 12

SmiTTy x 12 “Officially UnRetired”

Ratings:
    +1,243 / 63 / -77
    NHL will always trump AHL—>CHL.
    Happens in real life as well, teams trade assets for current playoff runs. It’s unavoidable and realistic.

Although I do think it would be interesting for the league to pursue something with the owners and free contracts. I know 6-10 guys who are great dudes and managers but are prob a 2nd or 3rd line players, It just automatically hinders any team and starts them behind every other team. Not to mention you literally CANT play goalie and manage, even if your on Composure, Olympia, and so forth. If your a goalie and take a free contract your teams screwed with the salary cap.

Not saying I have a solution, but def would be cool to see the league brainstorm some ideas for guys that are great managers, just not first line material.

• Like Like x 1
    SmittyTV
  16. Too Much Twoco

Too Much Twoco Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Too Much Twoco#2520
    Ratings:
    +455 / 2 / -17
    I think brainstorming this issue should be #1 priority on LG To do list. A broken management system results in unbalanced teams and lesser quality of competition. Need to find a way to either get more people to want to manage or a way to not penalize good managers who aren’t 1st liners

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  17. RGDeded

RGDeded Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,213 / 47 / -134
    I wonder if somebody is nerdy and technically savvy enough to do something like i am about to say.

I think currently enough stats are picked up to generate a formula that can give a player a value which should generate a contract. Obviously the analytics wouldnt be an exact science due to toxicity and availability etc but i feel there are enough people around the league who know character traits and shit to step in and say "player x is not worth 5m he has shit avail and is toxic so lets put him at 3m"

So now some nerds and lifers generate a contract for everyone in the league that has true veteran status not that bs ive played 100 ahl game V status we do some sort of draft to make the teams.

At the ahl and chl level let them continue with bidding but all call ups will be minimum contract at the NHL.

• Winner Winner x 1
    ReallyGooodDad
  18. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    Exactly this, but you're going about it the wrong way. Zero need to go crazy with full resets and stat based contracts that will never be agreed upon.

It's so simple. Give the NHL an AHL TC Draft after NHL bidding (give them an entire 4th line of players, so a 6 round draft). All of these players can be called up whenever at league minimum salary, these players combined with your CHL DPs are the only players you can call up. Period. This way the NHL has the "best" players available to be called up at all times. The players taken in the draft would still enter AHL bidding, but at least AHL managers would now know the players who are most at risk of being called up, so if they win multiple drafted players who get called up, they're morons for complaining because they knowingly took that risk.

• Like Like x 1
    bossy_22_
  19. BarryWoodsDong

BarryWoodsDong Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +577 / 10 / -63
    :laugh:

double_brah
  20. Pandaleupagus

Pandaleupagus Well-Known Member

Discord:
    pandaleupagus#0
    Ratings:
    +756 / 38 / -40
    Imagine being that bad at the game that you play in the ahl or chl. Lolololololololololol

• Troll Troll x 1
    Panda_l25l