Please Vote! LG World Cup Feedback/Criticism

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by k-fed, Jun 8, 2020.

?

Season 3 World Cup?

1. Country Style?

55.6%
  2. Regional Style?

44.4%
  1. A Salty SaiIor

A Salty SaiIor Warning Group

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    Hello my fellow LG'ers.

As the season gets underway I wanted to wait until about now to do this so that it didn't interfere with bidding, trades, offseason moves, etc.

I've heard much positive things from individuals about the way it was run, appreciative of me setting it up and giving people something to do in the offseason etc. I've also heard negative things which is fair.

The purpose of this thread is to find out the following?
    1. What did you like?
    2. What didn't you like?
    3. What would you do differently?
    4. Would you like to see this again?

Other Feedback:

Feel free to copy the questions and answer in a reply, send answers in a pm or reach out to me on discord.

Also, please vote at the top should we do another season whether you'd like to see it as a regional tournament or do a draft style country tournament similar to the WJC but via the AHL. ( Thanks @Clutch l28l for the suggestion)

- Country Style - draft your team from signups including USA, Canada, Sweden, etc.
    - Regional Style - pick your own team from regions including East, Central, Quebec, etc.

Thanks,
    Salty

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. macros73

macros73 Just This Guy

Ratings:
    +2,894 / 218 / -293
    Country style, but group countries by region. North America teams == North east players, Europe teams = West coast players, etc.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Broomball16

Broomball16 Washed

Discord:
    Broomball16#1587
    Ratings:
    +1,593 / 863 / -480
    A WJC style tournament would be really fun

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Broomball1881
  4. GK KING207

GK KING207 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 2 / -5
    The regional style honestly got a little boring. I felt like all we played was northeast A v. Northeast B. I think it would be fun to have a mini draft and then have a 2 week tournament. No salary cap restrictions.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Ducky x6

Ducky x6 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    duckyx6#0
    Ratings:
    +164 / 19 / -12
    I think country style based on where you’re from would be best as long as you include Norway so I can play for the motherland :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. A Salty SaiIor

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    I mean it was 8 teams round robin..thats usually how that works. And there was no salary cap for this past one?

No Streaming Account
  7. A Salty SaiIor

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    Russia is the motherland.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Ducky x6

Ducky x6 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    duckyx6#0
    Ratings:
    +164 / 19 / -12
    Norway is MY motherland :)

No Streaming Account
  9. Pooderz

Pooderz Musty Pooder

Discord:
    daddypooder#0
    Ratings:
    +1,166 / 10 / -45
    People are just upset that we North Easterners are born with great thumbs. 2 teams but it took good managers to build the best team. Format was fine, its just every other region sucks. You cant really make them better by changing the format, so all the other regions players who complain about the format are just soft. All of the suggestions are just going to rail against the fact that NE has better players?

Lol. Format was fine, a few tweaks to ecus and your golden. People are asking for a WJC style cuz everyone really likes the pre selection drafting and bidding and such. Which is basically just an all star format. At which point it isnt a world cup and should just be called the All Star Cup. Which should include the star trophy from mario kart as a trophy.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Barks l21l

Barks l21l Admirals GM

Discord:
    i Nylander l#8101
    Ratings:
    +405 / 35 / -39
    Tournament was fun. I think going to a style like the WJC in the chl and still so anyone can play and not just locked to players eliminated in rounds 1 and 2 like they have. It would bring in a better management pool and give some good players who were stuck on less skilled teams a chance. Some regions also had good players on there TCs that should have got the chance to play and didnt because there region was good.

• Like Like x 1
    lNylanderl
  11. Shlarchey

Shlarchey Well-Known Member

Discord:
    shlarchey#0
    Ratings:
    +535 / 116 / -193
    Make it 8-12 teams let their be a draft chl/ahl allowed or just ahl doesnt matter. 3-4 week regular season than playoffs best of 3 than best of 5 for the finals

ShlarcheyYT
  12. Pope Dave ll

Pope Dave ll 113 IQ score

Discord:
    popedaveii#0
    Ratings:
    +355 / 39 / -35
    I liked the "play for your region" idea. It was a fun tournament overall, but playing in them central servers made me wanna leave YIKES

popedavell
  13. Clutch l28l

Clutch l28l Washed Vet

Discord:
    Clutch#1521
    Ratings:
    +1,479 / 118 / -116
    WJC style like the CHL have it. If you get owner you can pick anyone from anywhere. Regions and shit was fun but i think just a big group pool tourney would be enjoyable for everyone, not just the ppl in the stacked regions.

• Winner Winner x 1
    the717clutch
  14. ChelxLawyer29

ChelxLawyer29 I'm going to have to put you on hold

Ratings:
    +203 / 9 / -20
    I had fun with the current tournament, and it was set up similar to the psn tourney if I'm not mistaken. That was a already proven system and there was nothing really wrong with it. However I'm speaking from the point of view of someone who was on the winning team and that should be taken with a grain of salt. I can see the point of making it a different format as it probably felt grossly unfair depending on your team with this current format but that is going to happen with this type of tournament. Some regions are just better some seasons. If you didn't make a team and feel slighted, it means you just didn't make the cut under the current managers so just try again next time. This isn't wjc which mind you was intended as a "development tournament" per dunks actual motivation for making it. This was more comparable to CANAM which is the complete opposite of wjc. As for format changes, the wjc tournament is a good idea imo. It would still depend on how good the managers were but your not putting all the top end guys on one set of teams in this case. Thank you for putting this all together and we appreciate all the time you guys put into everything

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  15. Z3R0CR45H

Z3R0CR45H It's been Fun All

Discord:
    Z3R0CR45H#0073
    Ratings:
    +528 / 29 / -37
    Next time don't have that bum Z3R0CR45H help run it.. guy has 0 clue

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. Game Seven W

Game Seven W Welcome From Hell

Ratings:
    +215 / 67 / -120
    Team Quebec was not well represented.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    TurezZz
  17. Firehalomaniac

Firehalomaniac Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +154 / 18 / -26
    I also agree, WJC style like from the CHL I think would be best.

• Like Like x 1
    firehalomaniac
  18. Dunks

Dunks Well-Known Member

Discord:
    DunksDynasty#3635
    Ratings:
    +1,643 / 53 / -79
    If you do WJC style from the CHL it's essentially LGIHL which has existed for years. I started LGWJC years ago for the exact reason of providing an LGIHL experience for CHL guys who weren't really able to play in the IHL that was mostly dominated by NHL/AHL players. If anything if you're looking back into this I'd just ask Tris/Brodie to reinstate LGIHL and keep this for what it is. If you look at what LG currently/previously has provided IHL/WJC exists for what you guys want (meaningful games when you're eliminated from playoffs), plus there's CanAm for the 99ers. The regional format provides a fun and unique experience to strictly AHL Players which I think adds to not only the appeal of the AHL but also LG as a whole. I honestly was disappointed to learn I couldn't play in the regional tournament because it sounded like a lot of fun. Maybe this is something we do once a year at the end of each title and it becomes available to anyone who played 2 of the 3 seasons per game title in the AHL? But I'm a firm believer in if it ain't broke don't fix it. The league is forever growing and players from all over NA play LG so it won't always be Northeast winning and I think that's why guys may want a little more balance, but if you look at the bigger picture the player pool of LG is forever evolving.

Just my two cents.

• Like Like x 2
    DunksDynasty