LGAHL Playoff preview Thread

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Noobinator156, Aug 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cronkxr

Cronkxr Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 3 / -2
    You never answered my question, can I have your Autograph? Gretzky.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Yaaa Booiii

Yaaa Booiii Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +554 / 6 / -4
    how is it any different what we did then when Iowa called Main Event up when he signed up late and Rochester the same with Haunted Avocado and essentially screwing over those players?

No Streaming Account
  3. MBell91

MBell91 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    mbell91#0
    Ratings:
    +121 / 1 / -2
    Let me say this I've known KB a long time in these leagues and though what he did is looked down on and is shitty for those guys but it's about time he's gone for the win. so many times he has great teams but has always played the nice guy play with friends style. So good job KB but you're a bitch

MBell91
  4. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    Nah man its the exact same. You were traded for 6 players who did not make it to the playoffs. Why? Because you were the better player. It doesn't matter when it happened. If I were to do this move in week 7, would it be ok then?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    No Streaming Account
  5. Cronkxr

Cronkxr Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 3 / -2
    Rochester has Filthadelphia now, he played 4 games for the Rangers in week 9... pretty good compensation

No Streaming Account
  6. TheMainEvent

TheMainEvent Well-Known Member

Discord:
    TME#9375
    Ratings:
    +2,131 / 16 / -16
    No.

How do you guys not see the difference in players joining late in the season, compared to screwing over those who have played and got your team to the Playoffs? You literally stripped those games from that player and ended their season. Nobody who signed up late took away the Playoffs from a person who was with the team all season, those players were still able to play for other teams.

MainEvennt
  7. Coach Crass

Coach Crass Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +2,375 / 389 / -316
    LMAO, you my friend are delirious. You do realize that I had 12 players on my roster. Main was also traded for a rostered player along with 13 others off of Iowa … nice try.

• Like Like x 2
    CoachCrass
  8. Dinde99

Dinde99 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    This has gotten out of hand lol. Its a virtual hockey ligue people , sure I would rather win then lose but at the end of the day this league is not much in my life. Stop pretending you give a shit about jhick and legit, they are my internet friends and I feel for them, but we have a better chance to win the cup now and they will live. Most of the GMs out there would have done what kb did and many have done worst in the past. Give it a rest already , have fun in your own playoffs runs and I hope to play you guys in the future. You can now call me out on my bad stats so I can cry myself to sleep tonight.

Good day sirs

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  9. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    I don't think you understand how leagues work. The better player gets the spot to better the team. 100,000 moves were made in favor of the better person. This situation is no different. You took someone's spot because you are better.

Honestly this move hurt me more than any of you could imagine. I won't go back on what I did because I did it to better my team. Just like any manager would.

No Streaming Account
  10. Yaaa Booiii

Yaaa Booiii Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +554 / 6 / -4

You still took a roster spot from someone Cuz you signed up late, same thing different time in season so stop.

K thanks bye.

No Streaming Account
  11. TheMainEvent

TheMainEvent Well-Known Member

Discord:
    TME#9375
    Ratings:
    +2,131 / 16 / -16
    Fair enough, in my experience you've always been one of the more honest owners/management so I know you didn't have bad intent. Just judging by Legit's comment it's taking a player's earned right to the Playoffs away from them.

Just chalk it up to me thinking that rule should be voided from the "sim league". Just like you hate the rule that allows me to play as a randomly assigned player.

Again, no matter how many times you say it it's not even close to the same thing. It's literally just common sense to see the situations are different.

• Like Like x 1
    MainEvennt
  12. SouPerSaiyan

SouPerSaiyan Well-Known Member

Discord:
    soupersaiyan#0
    Ratings:
    +560 / 35 / -60
    Excellent compensation. Filth replaces bakthegreat1 who was our top Center all year. Bak was called up and is now playing on buffalo's top line. I would say that's an even exchange of draft picks between the NHL and the AHL, both original Buffalo draft picks

No Streaming Account
  13. b3rgy7

b3rgy7 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    LOL at the fact that you guys compare calling up a player mid season to replacing some one with 1 game left after general call ups/send downs have been closed.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  14. StickNick555

StickNick555 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +263 / 0 / -0
    It'd be easier to believe you if you didn't 'thank' legit's post where he vented.

That seems like spitting in his face to me and seems a little scummy.

No Streaming Account
  15. xSloshy

xSloshy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,528 / 25 / -66
    Crass, your team is 0-2 against us this season, and you yourself are 0-5 against Abbotsford in the last two seasons...

why do you even say this stuff when you can not even back it up?

I mean, if you do beat us, I understand it will be because your team carried you, but still...

• Like Like x 1
    Sloshy97
  16. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    You are right i hate late sign up call ups but look i have a P called up on my roster. Yeah I hate when good guy players lose their spots but I've done it. Every manager has to keep their team competitive.

I'm all down to fix any problems as long as it betters the league and keeps simulation in mind. Legits situation was very sudden and I completely respect his feeling towards this. Jhick is still a huge part of ABB. I just hope every can see that this wasn't is easy. Just doing my job as a manger in a competitive hockey league.

No Streaming Account
  17. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    Call ups were never closed. Waivers closed.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  18. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    I thanked him because I understand his feelings. I'm not sure how that is spitting in someone's face.

No Streaming Account
  19. xSloshy

xSloshy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,528 / 25 / -66
    The situations are fairly similar, they are all about competition for roster spots.

KB stated at the beginning of the season that this was going to happen. It was discussed with our entire team and everyone was aware of it, so it is not like this was some out of the blue event that a person did not see coming. If the Flames did not make the playoffs Cronkzyy and Kapka would be coming down. So the surprise factor in Legit's post is a little shocking to me to be honest. Every forward had to fight for their roster spot this season. In the end, two players who played 9 weeks for us lost their roster spot.

You were auto assigned to Iowa in the third week. All of a sudden Iowa had a player who was worthy of a roster spot sitting in their training camp. So what did they do? Move a player out and got you into their line up. In the end, a player who played two weeks for your organization lost their roster spot.

Also, explain to me how this is different situation then Wolves of Turku (I picked a player at random) on Albany? The player began their season in the AHL. After a few weeks they dropped them to their training camp. He never played another game for any other team. Sat there the rest of the season without playing because someone else took their spot.

What makes the Wolves of Turku situation better / different?

Is it better/different because it happened before the trade deadline?

Is it better/different because it did not happen at the end of the regular season?

Is it better/different because it was a player off their training camp who replaced their roster spot?

Is it better/different because it was a player of their NHL team who replaced their roster spot?

I also would not doubt that a rule goes in next season to prevent this.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    Sloshy97
  20. jtrim94

jtrim94 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jtrim94#4533
    Ratings:
    +215 / 4 / -6
    Thanks for rubbing it in

and Dinge try not to use googly translate next time
    Rough translate Stop taking shit you guys are bad we beat you three games in a row we brought down a whole line GG good luck in the series

vezytv1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.