LGAHL Season 3 Preseason Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by x4HxPESTILENCEx, Oct 15, 2016.

1. x4HxPESTILENCEx

x4HxPESTILENCEx Well-Known Member

Discord:
    x4HxPESTILENCEx#1606
    Ratings:
    +146 / 18 / -26
    This is my preseason predictions for the AHL in season 3.

Starting us off in the Eastern Atlantic:

1. Hartford Wolfpack: GM @Thorpe_Clan and AGM @Brettzky88 built a solid lineup through out. Even though most of your guys don't have contracts yet, some of the guys to watch this season are @Hadji on defense and @T_H_E_C_H_E_F on offense. My prediction: Cup Contender

2. Providence Bruins: @Yahnsanity the GM of this team is a solid winger, and joined by
    @killerzqc @AppleMac71682 @JohnnyBearBalls on offense. Picking up defenseman turned forward @Filthy_Habitz for 500k was a good move. You have two solid d-men in @Defianttz and @Wulf1013. However dropping 3mil on @kaitlyn89 who is average at best was a bit of a reach. My prediction: Playoffs but a short lived run due to goaltending.

3. WBS Penguins: GM @JLott0910 went after two of the top goalies on the market in bidding with @steelersfan26 getting a 4 million dollar contract and @DaBears182 for a cool mil. @brvsfan4 and @u_1_2_B_me_ and the rest of your defense should be pretty solid. The question is your goalies will keep you in games but will your offense win them for you? My prediction: Playoffs are likely but this team only goes as far as it's goalies can carry it

4. Hershey Bears: @KittyKing69 and @HJHF14 you guys have a solid roster up and down the board, i just don't see that one superstar to carry you guys. @NHLbabygirl should be an above average player. @Rantallion34 is the enigma on this team, will he play solid or destroy your locker room? Stay tuned and find out, and while I like @bstende i think you over paid for him 4.25 million. My prediction: Playoffs but eliminated in 4.

5. Bridgeport Sound Tigers: @Gatinofreak1977 your team is ok, I see a middle of the road team that if a few things break your way you could steal the last playoff spot in your division. @lastline19 is overpaid and will he even show up for games? Your goalies are pretty good and they'll keep you guys in it to close to the end but there's just not enough there for me. My prediction: Could steal a playoff spot but most likely going home early.

6. Lehigh Valley Phantoms: Losing your GM right before the season starts knocks you down a bit. @Kingdano420 has a solid roster, @WhyDaCowPie is a good goalie, @DarthGotenks45 can be a solid d-man, and you have some good forwards. My prediction: This team has the talent to be in the postseason but lack of leadership leads to the bottom falling out.

7. Springfield Thunderbirds: @steel243 your roster has talent in a couple of players such as @jewofcanada and goalie @Alexcleroux1995 and if plays like he did in season 1 @lecanucker could be your top defensive player. My prediction: @jewofcanada puts up numbers this season and goes high in the draft next year but this team finishes in the basement.

Next we have the Eastern North

1. St. John's Ice Caps: @HunterofHaj and myself, went with the belief that defense wins championships. Spending 18 million on our defense, we hope that this belief is true. @Vito_Corleone @B-E-N-S-O-N-85 and @JSILVERS are all coming over from the vghl and look to make the Ice Caps the strongest defensive team in the whole AHL and make life easy for @CBarbs and @RAMBOKILLER_23 in net. The offense has veteran leadership in the form of former NHL owner @iMC3dxx and former AHL GM @M-L-N83. My prediction: Calder Cup Winner (because isn't that what every GM expects going into the season) Also shoutout to @Rowbo73 for guessing correctly who I'd rank #1 ;)

2. Albany Devils: GM @BigFreeze064 isn't his predecessor, he is actually a cool guy and won't be hated by every gm in the AHL. Your LW @MrGirouX2u is undervalued because the guy can play. Well see how your 7 million dollar man @II-Amazing-ll does in LG this season. The defense looks to be solid, and I don't know either of your goalies so time will tell. My predicton: Playoffs, decent run once you're in.

3. Utica Comets: @Jg3542jg and co. are a solid team with no obvious holes in this roster. gonna keep this one short. My prediction: playoff bound.

4. Syracuse Crunch: @jmm420 and @PoochtowN got a stud defenseman in @EbonyFetishz. The crunch have solid offensive unit, but i know nothing about your goalies, so well see how they hold up during the season. My prediction: on the postseason bubble.

5. Rochester Americans: The NHL owner just got removed and there is no AHL management, so i don't who is going to be putting together lineups for this team. There are a couple of solid forwards, but with only 3 dmen and 1 goalie on the roster theres not much to talk about here. My prediction: could be around at the end of the season if you don't forfeit to many games to start the season.

6. Binghamton Senators: @ceeg87 I don't know what your team's identity is supposed to be?? @Tekniks79 is a good defenseman and your goalies are decent, but the rest of your roster is unspectacular. My prediction: eliminated but maybe you guys can play spoiler for some of the bubble team.

7. Toronto Marlies: @AffordableDreams your owner got you a couple of good players in @Gour_x_71 but he'll be the @Labrat of this season and solid sleeper in @Col4Bin420 but Marlies are a basement team because the NHL team isn't good and your owner will end up shafting you. My prediction: Basement dwellers in this division.

The Western Central

1. Iowa Wild: My team from S1 are now run by @Sfic16 and @you_mecca_me_sik and they look primed to leave last season in the past. @NeWFie-KaNaTa was one of the top goalies in the AHL last season, and he will look to continue his success. @Funkyshiesta and @Shadow-_-Merc are solid on defense and @Kingbling647 and @isqc should be good forwards. @RichRocks is cause for concern, he's worn out his welcome everywhere he's gone, winning can fix most thing, but can it keep him from getting alienated by his teammates. My prediction: if this roster plays like they should, one of the top west teams. If not changes could be needed.

2. Chicago Wolves: Losing @Kozmo483264 to ban hurts a lot, not only was he the GM but also this teams #1 goal tender. @Its_Jimbo_Slice and @Live_by_SIN are part of a good offense and @Bo-Dangles10 should be a top dman, but the lose of your number one goalie will be felt this season. My prediction: offense and defense are good enough to get this team into the playoffs.

3. Manitoba Moose: @Deadsoul_Rising is now in management after being on the BOG, he picked up a former GM in @VibezDigital which is a move I like. @thawhyteboi is back after being banned in season 1, did he learn his lesson and will he show up to games? Overall I like your team and think you'll be battling the Wild and Wolves for the top spot. My prediction: Playoffs are well within reach.

4. Cleveland Monsters: GM @michchas has an ok team, while I don't think your team competes with the 3 teams above you, I think you'll be better than the teams below you. @lx-_ced_noel_-xl is a really good goalie and he is going to have to carry you guys. @Craven-A-27 is over priced and a ticking time bomb. My prediction: 7 or 8 seed but in the playoffs due to the rest of the teams not being strong.

5. Milwaukee Admirals: I feel really bad for you @Rowbo73, your owner went and gave you the D, by spending almost half your cap on @SkillzPayBills3 , that cost you having a strong enough roster to contend. I do like the signings of @headhunter9872 and @bkeis. My prediction: Outside looking in, hopefully your owner is done doing damage to your team now.

6 & 7. Grand Rapid Griffins and Charlotte Checkers: @LAZY_AKA_STONER and @lBl2llNlK you were both to lazy to issue contracts, so I have no idea who is getting paid what, but it doesn't matter neither roster is all that strong. My predictions: Not even a close to the playoffs

8. Rockford IceHogs: I'm pretty sure the only purpose of this team is to provide 8 ECU games per player to the Black Hawks this season. They keep trying to work the system, but how long till the BOG says enough is enough. My prediction: @JClaus33 won't be coming to save them this season.

Finally, The Western Pacific (Probably the most competitive off all the divisions)

1. San Antonio Rampage: A few things in life are guaranteed, death, taxes, and the Rampage in the playoffs. GM @francey2325 replaces @Mooner2014 as the leader of this team, but things should continue to operate as usual. @plante91 helps lead a strong offensive unit and @TylerLOEKEY now has big shoes to fill as the #1 goalie. My prediction: Top team coming out of the West.

2. Bakersfield Condors: GM @Bobby_Goggles12 can change his name, but he change being one of the top centers in the AHL last season while playing with the Crunch. Will @abdiel_666 be as good at forward as he was in net? How long until @TheBulgingTwine has another mental break down and rage quits? Stay tuned and find out. My prediction: this team is gonna need another goal tender sooner or later, but overall a solid team that should be 3 or 4 seed in the playoffs.

3. San Diego Gulls: The Gulls feature 2 solid goalies in @matruck420 and @Undeadgamertag5. They signed VG AHL points leader @DomSquad100, which league will matter more to him? Will we only see him on Tuesday's? Overall an above average team across the board. My prediction: first round knock out in the playoffs

4. Tuscon Roadrunners: @BROSKI_002 and his AGM @tsibs88 have put together a pretty good team, including solid centers @Intro9999 and @Man-Bear-Pig. This team has potential for sure. My prediction: In the hunt for the playoffs, expect them to be in it till the end.

5. Ontario Reign: General Manager @curlew7 and is AGMs @eye2797 and @FRANKDTANK-36- targeted offense this off season, lead by free agent signing @Rickchel98, from what I've heard he is not a 6s player, so well see if he is able to adjust to LG. My prediction: it will be fun to watch this team and the rest of the teams all battle each other for the last couple of spots in the playoffs

6. San Jose Barracuda: @cramsey46 and @actiondave13 I think you guys got a good center in @XipassuscoreX but i think you over paid. The rest of the roster is made up of average AHL players and I think you guys will be a competitive team and could give some of the other teams a fit. My prediction: If luck is on your side the Cuda could sneak into the final playoff spot, but I don't see an 8-1 upset happening.

7. Stockton Heat: @mgml1987 's Heat team features two very solid centers in @Joiridz and @Labrat but the rest of the offense will need to take a step up to preform at the level of these guys. @I-Gumby is the top defenseman on this team and will look to help #1 goaltender @TheFlyers1992 try to shutdown the opposition. My prediction: Much like the 3 teams listed above you, the playoffs are in your reach now its up to you to go and get it.

8. Texas Stars: Former GM @Thorpe_Clan left after having differences with ownership, in steps @firemike0288 to take over the Stars. I'm not sure who was calling the shots during the bidding period but I think this team lacks the talent of everyone above them. My prediction: Some has to be last, and Texas drew the short straw.

Thanks for taking the time to read my Preseason Predictions, depending on the feedback I receive I may do another one in a few weeks.

• Like x 13
    • Get Good x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Creative x 1
    x4hxpestilencex
  2. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    JClaus33
  3. Jayel_p

Jayel_p "Nice Guy"

Discord:
    Jayel_P#7382
    Ratings:
    +27 / 2 / -4
    jayel_p
  4. BlackhawksHawkey

BlackhawksHawkey Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 2 / -2
    What a clown...enjoy watching the playoffs on Twitch son.

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Blackhawkshawkey
  5. Filthy_Habitz

Filthy_Habitz Fred T. Hunt Award Winner (S1)

Discord:
    Filthy_Habitz#0683
    Ratings:
    +367 / 20 / -66
    Thanks for the shout out Pest

• Like Like x 1
    FiLTHY_HaBiTZ
  6. Kjhjh_2444

Kjhjh_2444 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 1 / -4
    Nice write up. Just some of my takes...

Pacific
    The Gulls had 2 really low key good picks. I wouldn't be surprised if @sublime-3 leads the AHL in goals. Hes one of the best goal scorers in the AHL. Huge steal at 3.75M. They also picked up @II-Entryy-II for only 1.75M. He can put up big points from the blueline.

Texas is underrated. @TMills61_ is a really good winger that people slept on in bidding. They also had some good 500K pickups like forwards @vCodester @LoBo_DaNgLeS_12 and a huge steal in net @Jatty239 . @SteelCityFan17 is their other G giving them one of the best goalie duos. Definitely not a basement team.

Central
    @TrapHouseLegend- was a great signing by the Checkers at 2M. They also have @acefive at RW who should lead them in points if he stays down.

Milwaukee and Rockford picked up the top 2 players that were available in @SkillzPayBills3 and @jdheagle- . Rockford has a better supporting cast at least on paper. @jeiel9876 is one of the better G's.

North
    Utica got @jayenomics the VHL legend at 3.75M. Changed his name from jayishere as he was known in his xbox glory days.

@Scarcella89-_- was the best d available so he was definitely worth the 9M Toronto paid him. Winger @xTarasenko91_ for only 1M is a crazy steal too.

Atlantic
    WBS picked up hometown Penguins/Steelers/Pirates fanboy @u_1_2_B_me_ . Steelers going to get shredded by the Bills in the playoffs. In all seriousness U12 is a good LD. They also picked up G @steelersfan26 . Is this a team full of people from Pennsylvania? @brvsfan4 is a good RD too.

Bridgeport interestingly won @Nino_Nemasis for 3M as a Winger. I've never seen him wing but he would of been a top 3 D had he chosen his natural position.

Anyway just some of my takes. GL all this season.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  7. x4HxPESTILENCEx

Discord:
    x4HxPESTILENCEx#1606
    Ratings:
    +146 / 18 / -26
    Thanks for the input man, maybe we can work together on one in the future!

• Like Like x 2
    x4hxpestilencex
  8. ShawnGlade

ShawnGlade Hi

Discord:
    shawnglade#0
    Ratings:
    +342 / 180 / -302
    "5. Rochester Americans: The NHL owner just got removed and there is no AHL management, so i don't who is going to be putting together lineups for this team. There are a couple of solid forwards, but with only 3 dmen and 1 goalie on the roster theres not much to talk about here. My prediction: could be around at the end of the season if you don't forfeit to many games to start the season."

I want to try and step up, but i guess I'm listed as no management, and our NHL GM has yet to be moved to owner, so until that happens, were blaming it on the bogs

SGDragonSlayer
  9. ProbableKoz

ProbableKoz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +146 / 11 / -39
    this is a great write up @x4HxPESTILENCEx I think these are very accurate however with the Wolves I don't think I was the #1 goalie because with @bNYCe83 being there it would have easily been a race and we would have probably split the duties he will help this team as the GM and get them to the playoffs and picking up @The_Blind_Ref was a great deal for them the guy is a solid center that i can see putting up some points. all in all a very good look at each team and will be a fun season to watch from the bench this season.

ProbableKoz
  10. xX2A-NevarC-A7Xx

xX2A-NevarC-A7Xx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +183 / 21 / -80
    TickiNg time bomb. Lmao. Who the fuck are you?

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. xBealski

xBealski Puck Stopper

Ratings:
    +95 / 5 / -10
    Guess I'm an average ahl player #cuddas :thinking:

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    Mattbealski
  12. tball619

tball619 Ea: tball612

Discord:
    tball619#4398
    Ratings:
    +113 / 7 / -11
    Ticking time bomb until I feed your from the point, then your gonna explode buddy. Let us show them that the duo of Brodin and Hamilton.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    yotball
  13. xX2A-NevarC-A7Xx

Ratings:
    +183 / 21 / -80
    We will show this fuck lol.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. xX2A-NevarC-A7Xx

Ratings:
    +183 / 21 / -80
    Mikey D is a hack. How he made it into the ahl is beyond me. Losing record and a terrible plus minus on a championship team.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. tball619

tball619 Ea: tball612

Discord:
    tball619#4398
    Ratings:
    +113 / 7 / -11
    Ahh dude, Mikey D is the guy! Much love to the homie!

• Winner Winner x 2
    yotball
  16. KMAC5

KMAC5 Second coming of KMAC

Discord:
    kmac3323#0
    Ratings:
    +649 / 96 / -220
    How could ranta possible destroy the team smh

• Like Like x 2
    kmcdonald_55
  17. xX2A-NevarC-A7Xx

Ratings:
    +183 / 21 / -80
    I can't wait

No Streaming Account
  18. MrGirouX2u

MrGirouX2u Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    • Winner Winner x 1
    mrgiroux28
  19. x4HxPESTILENCEx

Discord:
    x4HxPESTILENCEx#1606
    Ratings:
    +146 / 18 / -26
    As always ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    x4hxpestilencex
  20. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    "7. Toronto Marlies: @AffordableDreamsyour owner got you a couple of good players in @Gour_x_71 but he'll be the@Labrat of this season and solid sleeper in @Col4Bin420 but Marlies are a basement team because the NHL team isn't good and your owner will end up shafting you. My prediction: Basement dwellers in this division. "

The only people we want on this 500k army of a team(dumpster fire) can't he called up so that's a gg. @Gour_x_71 and @Scarcella89-_- are sick and combined with some pieces should be good as one line just as long as @joeja15 holds his shit together in net.

Good first write-up up tho Pest. Don't worry about the haters even my first articles were full of people shitting on me. Then update it after a week with some stats and then people won't have shit to say. Keep up the good work.

• Like Like x 1
    Nybarisny