LGBA PSN Western Conference Power rankings

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Basketball Association (LGBA)' started by Navyynick, Oct 21, 2019.

1. xKeeping

xKeeping Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xkeeping_57999#0
    Ratings:
    +152 / 1 / -5
    Hey guys, First of all congrats to everyone who got a bid and to those who didn’t, good luck during random assignment and don’t fret because there will be lots of opportunities to gain a roster spot during the season!
    Alright before we move on to the Pre-season power rankings, keep in mind that these are essentially subjective and just opinions based on myself and our media teams thoughts on the rosters this season.

Let’s jump into the Western conference

1) OKC Thunder
    Owner – @SayTito99
    GM – @THEKIDDKEL

This is pretty much the unanimous pick by our media crew to be not only the #1 team in west, but in the entire league. OKC went out and spent big money on @MpLs Anderson & RIPAsap on another roster I would say they are overpaid however with the steals this team got in @Blickyszn- and @vClassiCz_MeRkz and not to mention the fact that two of the better players in the league in @SayTito99 and @THEKIDDKEL are on free contracts, I believe this team can afford it.

Team MVP: @THEKIDDKEL

Hot take: This LGBA Offseason tourney winner and WR squad loses only 3 games all season.

2) Phoenix Suns

Owner – @Jlm1410
    GM – @Navyynick

Well here goes not trying to be biased. This team was unanimously ranked #2 in the west by our crew. Phoenix went out and spent 5m on @JJJACKSON and 4m on @NEWFIEBOY94, @JJJACKSON was most definitely an overpayment at that price, However the majority of the roster are guys that all play pro-am together and are on 500k contracts. Phoenix management was a combined 13.5M in salary last season and this season they are 0M combined, which will help the competitiveness of team surrounding them.

Team MVP: @Jlm1410

Hot take: @Trev766 leads the league in points per game

3) Los Angeles Lakers
    Owner – @DEMBURGHBOYZ412
    GM – @GEE5iVE04

Well here’s where the conference starts to get a bit more open, @DEMBURGHBOYZ412 out of nowhere took the Lakers last season all the way to the finals and deserves a lot more credit than he’s gotten for it in my opinion. With no league experience I can’t really give any type of opinion on @GEE5iVE04 so let’s hope he lives up to the demand of being a free contract. LAL went out and got playoff star @MintOverMango at 4m, which in my opinion is a very fair contract. They got a bunch of solid guys on 500k contracts, and they got 2 time All-LGBA PF @BloodPanda on a 750k contract. Look for these guys to be competitive this season.

Team MVP: @MintOverMango

Hot take: @BloodPanda wins ANOTHER All-LGBA team award at the very thin SF position

4) Houston Rockets
    Owner – @Complex_Point
    GM – @Fallen_Knight44

CC13.. I mean Complex… nope, okay. @Complex_Point went out and got another relative unknown for his GM, much like LAL I can’t give much opinion on @Fallen_Knight44 based on the fact he’s played 1 LGBA game, with that being said however CC went out and had a pretty good bidding. He got former LGBA 1st team PG @Karlsson_MVP at 2m.
    In terms of any players who have history in the LGBA I believe that has to be steal of bidding. CC spent 5.25m on @Lockupdj who I personally don’t know, but im going to assume he had great try out sessions to be bid up to that price, CC also picked up @KaneL88l at 500k which is also a great bid. Complex is known as a good manager and a so-so player, however I think he takes a turn this season and has a good season statically and his team should follow suit.

Team MVP: @Karlsson_MVP

Hot take: Complex puts up a solid 20+PPG season

5) Portland Trailblazers
    Owner - @Xx_At_Ezzz_Xx
    GM – @Hulkniss

Portland is one of the biggest wildcards in the entire league. @Xx_At_Ezzz_Xx went out and got a bunch of unknown LGBA players, this makes me think he most likely got guys from his inner circle outside of LG, this could definitely benefit the team’s chemistry. In terms of guys who are in LG vets though, he has one of the best in @ttp-21- who is still on a solid contract from last season. Their big signing in bidding was LGBA champion manager and great role player @Splash-Its-Cash. This team will catch some people off guard

Team MVP: @ttp-21-

Hot take: This team has one of their unknowns come out of nowhere and be a star

6) Denver Nuggets
    Owner – @WaveCrusader316
    GM – @Lethalheartbeat
    -
    Heres where the rankings really get iffy, as I feel 6th, 7th and 8th are so close together.
    1st time Owner @WaveCrusader316 comes to Denver after quietly posting a very solid season in S4, he brings along @LethalHeartBeat- as his GM, who just based on LGBA statistics isn’t really worth the free contract, but let’s see him prove us wrong.
    Denvers huge offseason bid was 7m(!) on 1st time LGBA player @Demobeatz, ive heard mixed reviews on Demo, so hopefully he can turn the big contract into some success for Denver. They also picked up some LGBA 1st timer 500k contracts so hopefully those guys turn out to be steals for them and offset Demobeatz contract.

Team MVP : @Demobeatz

Hot take: @LethalHeartBeat- Shows that last season on the wizards was just a outlier and puts up solid stats at the PG position this season.

7) San Antonio Spurs
    Owner –@manEATgod
    GM – @xxGotti

@manEATgod is back again as owner, however he’s hoping for a big turnaround from last season. He brought on @xxGotti as his GM, who has pretty decent stats and someone who might turn out to be worth the free contract down the road. They went and handed out two big contracts during bidding to @Da24Truth and @Mac2135. Da24Turth is a solid PG who will do wonders for this squad, however the rest of the roster are relative unknowns, which as we know could either turn out as steals or just more so-so fringe LGBA players.
    I personally hope the Spurs jump out of the gate and surprise and have a great season, but for now they this is where they stand.

Team MVP: @Da24Truth

Hot take: @manEATgod replicates the comeback season that @iTzShoooK had last season wills this team into the playoffs eventually winning GM of the year.

8) Memphis Grizzlies
    Owner – @Deadlyone910
    GM - @Bobby_Digital910

1st time LGBA owner @Deadlyone910 brings his grizzlies into the last spot of the power rankings. Memphis only handed out one contract over 1m this bidding, that being to PF @OkemosBoxedWater who played well in 6 games last season, but doesn’t really scream 4.25m material. Much like a lot of teams they picked up 3 guys at 500k who have 0 LGBA PSN experience, hopefully this pays off for them, and well if it doesn’t they do have a lot of extra cap space to take on bigger players via trade throughout the season.

Team MVP: it will have to be an unknown because I don’t see any of the known players on the roster stepping up and taking the reigns as the team’s best player

Hot take: This team really struggles and trades will be happening very quickly.

Credit to @TTV-Thorpe7 , @Browness- and @I--Cross--I for their insight and thoughts on the teams.

For those of you who dont like your ranking use that as motivation to prove us wrong. The Eastern conference will be done later.

Thanks for reading!

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    navyynick
  2. Kermit-_-Wilts

Kermit-_-Wilts Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MpLs Anderson#5166
    Ratings:
    +628 / 11 / -21
    Nice work guys!

MpLsAnDeRsOn
  3. Complex_Point

Complex_Point Future Points and Turnovers Leader

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -10
    Pandas winning mvp after carrying LA to the 4th seed

No Streaming Account
  4. Looped61

Looped61 LGBA PSN S5 Nets GM

Discord:
    looped61#0
    Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -1
    Love the write up!!! Hopefully you guys can do an Eastern Conference one as well ;) Looking forward to seeing these throughout the season

douglaslupo
  5. Complex_Point

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -10
    Idk which’ll Be more competitive, the fight for first in the east or fight to not be last between Brooklyn Cleveland and New York :confused:

• Troll Troll x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Ayztraks

Ayztraks Well-Known Member

Discord:
    mikey_ducks#2586
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    just saying that I've won NCAA and I helped winning 2 7th game last playoffs in lgba last season but yeah, im unknown get your sources straight

ayztraks
  7. xKeeping

xKeeping Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xkeeping_57999#0
    Ratings:
    +152 / 1 / -5
    Congrats on going 3-8 in the NCAA, sorry I didnt recognize your outstanding achievements

• Like Like x 1
    navyynick
  8. ttp-21-

ttp-21- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ttp21#0
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Who are u? Asking for a friend...

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  9. Complex_Point

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -10
    He's a half decent center that can do a little bit. More than most centers here though, *cough* polar *cough*

No Streaming Account