LGBA S29 Week 1 Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Basketball Association (Discontinued)' started by Natural Snag, Oct 24, 2021.

?

Will the Heat end up as a top 5 seed this season?

1. Yes, it was just a bad start

2. No, they’re screwed

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Natural Snag

Natural Snag Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -2
    Week 1 is over, and it’s power rankings time. A quick little note here from me though before I began since it’s my first time doing power rankings. The main thing I’m looking at besides the usual records and head to head results is how strong a teams best 5 (first line) is. I strongly believe in this league, a team is only as good as its first line. With that out of the way, let’s get into it.

1. Suns (6-0)
    I mean this one is a no doubter. Suns were the preseason favorite for many and they showed out in week one, going 6-0. They have a mix of elite playmakers and elite defenders that will keep them high on these lists all season long.

2. 76ers (5-1)
    I mean there’s no denying Mecciah’s bidding skills. He has once again built himself a nice squad with many of last years 6ers returning. They go 5-1 this week, and with some other teams many thought were ahead of them taking multiple L’s, they move up to 2 here this week.

3. Jazz (4-2)
    The Jazz easily could’ve had a 5-1, maybe even 6-0 week if they could’ve fielded all 5 of their second line guys for all 3 games. But, the first line looked sharp. Mango averaged 45 a game despite living on a different continent than the server he’s playing on. And Should and Comeup look like a lock duo that may be hard to get by. We’ll see their first real test next week when they face the Suns.

4. Lakers (3-3)
    I like to call the 4-9 seeds the “middle of the pack” this season and the Lakers lead that pack. We knew Witt’s line was going to get it done, and that the other line would most likely struggle. Despite being 4th this week, I expect them to hang around .500 for a long time

5. Magic (3-3)
    Another 3-3 middle of the pack team, the man to talk about for the Magic is STG Beast. He dropped bucket after bucket Wednesday, propelling his team to the 5 spot on this list. If STG keeps playing like this, along with their other PG ZDJ, the Magic could be higher than 5 in the near future

6. Spurs (3-3)
    The Spurs led by 8 million dollar man xRickoshay are the 3rd team on this list to go .500. They look like a decent squad but, like with the Lakers, I think they’ll float around .500 due to their second line.

7. Grizzlies (2-4)
    Don’t be mistaken, the Grizz are better than 2-4. They had a couple games with TC’s, and that contributed to their poor showing. However, I still put them at 7 because Shabazz looks stoppable to the top teams and KhoreyHooks caught a grade out from Hotpantz. We’ll see what transpires when they are at full strength, though.

8. Knicks (3-3)
    I, like in real life, am not a Knicks believer. Yea, they went 3-3 but I don’t think they’ll get it done when it matters. Both their PG’s are nothing special, but at least they have Truss to get them stops. I expect the Knicks to be sitting at the 9 spot in the standings and rankings when the season is over

9. Heat (1-5)
    I can’t lie, I was very tempted to still put the Heat around top 5-6 due to their talent on paper, but I couldn’t. Their center situation is the first topic. Tone and Cubs are not it. They slid Chase to the C for one game on Thursday, but Mike may not be it at lock when it matters. Xhump can also run C, but then you lose your best lock and the amount of money you spent on him is even less worth it. However, not all hope is lost. These guys could be one trade away from the promise land.

10. Sonics (0-6, I think. Stats aren’t fully in when I did this. They’d be 10 whether they were 1-5 or 0-6 either way)
    Well the Sonics at 10 is as much of a no brainer as the Suns at 1. This team played below average, and will continue to play below average. The end.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account