LGFL on FIFA 14 (?) - XB1 !!

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming FIFA Association (Discontinued)' started by Bottomless Pit, Aug 20, 2014.

?

Which version of EA FIFA will you be buying/playing?

Poll closed Oct 4, 2014.
  1. FIFA 14 - Xbox 360

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. FIFA 14 - Xbox One

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. FIFA 15 - Xbox 360

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. FIFA 15 - Xbox One

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I will not be buying\playing FIFA at all

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bottomless Pit

Bottomless Pit I'm all about defense & shutting down the offense.

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +260 / 15 / -9
    I thought I'd throw this up. We have all followed what's going on with #FIRERAMMER and #NOEASHL. What awaits us S19/S4 in LGHL is yet to be determined. Now I don't know what changes are expected in FIFA 15 vs FIFA 14.

As I read through the numerous posts, tweets etc. The thought came to me...why undirectly support EA with FIFA 15 (on any platform) either? We're not going to have as large a FIFA community on LG with FIFA 15 whereas we could with FIFA 14. FIFA 14 is cheaper if hardcopy is purchased - and is only $30 if members purchase EA Access (which yes, is still supporting them, but not nearly as much)...and members get the titles from the vault also.

Now - I'm not LGFL staff (yet)...but I'm throwing the poll up and would like to see the community respond also. I have already seen a number of LGHL members (myself included) having alot of fun with FIFA 14.

Bp

Bottomless_Pit
  2. Scheckel29

Scheckel29 IslesGT

Discord:
    scheckel29#0
    Ratings:
    +910 / 7 / -11
    I don't see us not using FIFA 15. Sure NHL and FIFA games are made by the same company but FIFA actually doesn't screw over their hardcore fan base.

• Like Like x 10
    Scheckel29
  3. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    im spending that nhl money on fifa.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Loki x6x

Loki x6x See Ach El BOG

Discord:
    lokix6x#0
    Ratings:
    +5,000 / 139 / -217
    FIFA has always seem to disappoint but they're giving some potential new features that may help certain positions. They have a new system where if you make a tackle, 90% you'll posses the ball. For those that play defense in past FIFAs, almost every time you made a tackle the ball would go back to that team you made the tackle on. It's a promising feature and I see no reason why people won't be buying FIFA 15 with the drop off of EASHL on NHL 15.

• Like Like x 1
    Lokix6x
  5. l KaV l

l KaV l AA is for quitters

Ratings:
    +808 / 10 / -41
    Yeah we will be running FIFA(15), on the Xbox One... As per Tris' request, My initial suggestion was to play on the 360, but he would like to make the jump to next gen and stay up to date, which I totally agree with.

• Like Like x 4
  6. justdonni3 2

justdonni3 2 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -1
    if its on the one im in and wouldn't mind being a owner my 360 is gone so hopefully it is 100 % on fifa 15 on the x1

No Streaming Account
  7. Scheckel29

Scheckel29 IslesGT

Discord:
    scheckel29#0
    Ratings:
    +910 / 7 / -11
    100% on the Xbox One and 100% on FIFA 15

• Like Like x 4
    Scheckel29
  8. Bottomless Pit

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +260 / 15 / -9
    thanks - just wanted to give the rest of the NHL community base a chance to voice themselves on this too. Right now we're struggling for 8 teams (if i'm not mistaken) and that's what 64 - 144 players? (8-18 per team)

There were/are 3400+ members in NHL - i'm sure more than 4.5% of that community would enjoy FIFA (even without the EASHL mishap).

• Like Like x 2
    Bottomless_Pit
  9. GolSki6027

GolSki6027 Nujabes

Ratings:
    +874 / 5 / -25
    I'm 100% masturbating to Fifa 15.

• Like Like x 3
    GolSkiii
  10. Lx_Maxwell_xI

Lx_Maxwell_xI ImJeff is my best friend.

Ratings:
    +741 / 13 / -13
    Notes, Scheck, and myself have it under control. Thanks for your concern, but we have been proactive in getting this all ready to bring to you guys. We don't want to present things in pieces when we could just have it all at once for you guys.

I would imagine we will know a lot more and have an update for you guys by the weekend. Thanks for your interest and concern and we will try to get you guys up to date soon!

• Like Like x 1
    MaxwellOnline
  11. DoX Thibeault

DoX Thibeault Well-Known Member

Discord:
    tbotime#0
    Ratings:
    +126 / 6 / -8
    I can't wait for this league to get going :D

• Like Like x 2
    Tbo10
  12. l KaV l

Ratings:
    +808 / 10 / -41
    Just to keep everyone in the loop,

Currently we are in the middle of organizing the Constitution and figuring out what would be best for the beta season(s) (Number of teams, Game times, How many per team, etc.) We want to give everyone the opportunity to play, and not conflict with any other leagues as best as possible.

Then we will be opening up Ownership Applications and Official Player Sign-ups. We still got a little while before FIFA 15 comes out, but we most definitely want to be up and running in time for that.

I appreciate everyone's concern, it assures us we already are starting a good community over here and hopefully this is something that can be as successful as LGHL.

I also just want to thank everyone for their patience, I know we may not be putting out many updates right now, but we are working hard to get this going for everyone!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Bottomless Pit

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +260 / 15 / -9
    Has there been any communication between leagues to discuss the concerns surrounding conflicts ?

Bottomless_Pit
  14. l KaV l

Ratings:
    +808 / 10 / -41
    Long story short yes, the only real conflict we face is game times between the leagues, but having LGGT, LGHL (NHL, AHL, CHL), LGMMA, etc. it is going to be almost impossible to please everyone.

Not only that if we start games any earlier then 8 p.m. EST, that is only 5 p.m. on the west coast which people are just getting home or off work, eat supper etc. we want to find a way to give EVERYONE the chance to play.

There are a ton of factors we are considering, we want to be able to have the biggest turn out as possible, but at the same time try not to conflict with any other leagues and give the entire LG community the chance to play across multiple leagues and not have to pick and choose.

I hope this answers your question

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bottomless Pit

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +260 / 15 / -9
    Some of it, yes. I was hoping there might be some discussion between you guys as well regarding possible rule changes or expectations, and/or tools due to playing a game in another league etc. I think it's long needed - and would help with members playing multiple sports on LG. (MMA and LGGT games are non-conflicting as they are 1 on 1 (or even alone in LGGT) so they can be worked in to members' own schedules as they see fit.

I know this sounds like an impossible task - but I'm sure some sort of arrangement can be made. Maybe even talk to Tris about having the scheduling system show what games have already been confirmed for another league for each member somehow? (then it's 1st come 1st served for owners/gms/agms when it comes to confirming a player - and less overlap) ?
    @sK x TakeNotes, @Fourth Forward, [MENTION=7097]BMCDONALD19[/MENTION], @Sevv09, @Tris10

Bottomless_Pit
  16. l KaV l

Ratings:
    +808 / 10 / -41
    The only problem I see with the "First come, First Serve" is we are going to have leagues fighting over players, rather then working together... As it is right now ( [MENTION=7097]BMCDONALD19[/MENTION] correct me if I am wrong you have more experience overall then I do) There should be no overlap in any games for any league, if you say you can play @ 9:30 in the LGAHL, you most definitely cant play that time on LGFL, so there should be no overlapping, From what I understand it is the player's responsibility to post availability and show up to all games they posted available for if scheduled. As a player you would need to divide your time yourself (e.g. only post for 9 p.m. games on LGHL, only post for 10 p.m. games on LGFL). Again just an example, we are trying to avoid this situation all together.

I do understand that things happen and player's may do this by accident, but it should not be an issue.

It is nice LGMMA and LGGT are play at your own pace within a weekly time frame so members have anytime to complete their games.

Yeah I think that is a great idea for sure. Some sort of overall LG tool that can track a member's games across all leagues. Save players hopping through multiple forums to see when they play or being able to double check if they "double booked" themselves in a certain time slot. Kind of a one stop shop page lol Great idea! That would be up to Tris for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bottomless Pit

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +260 / 15 / -9
    I agree we are trying to avoid it. However as much as we try - putting the dependency on 3500 + players (and eventually multiplied by the number of leagues hopefully) to abide by the rules and make things easy for management - let alone league staff - in terms of scheduling that seems like a far fetched fantasy. (Not talking down about our members - just trying to deal with the reality of issues that arise). I could just turn around and worry about myself here - and you all know I wouldn't have any issue with scheduling myself - I'm just thinking of what might help management, staff and players across all leagues.

For example - there is nowhere on this site right now for members to voice their concerns - site level (ie. beyond the scope of just 1 league)....and this is another reality that I hope won't be put too lightly. We ALL look forward to what Tris has in store as well as each Commish and league.

- fyi - right now - FIFA 15 on XB1 is the only certainty I currently have. I'm on a wait and see approach about the other leagues. (MMA and LGGT are certain also thanks to their flexibility). But anything NHL, NFL, NBA or MLB ....??

Bottomless_Pit
  18. Ao I DiLo

Ao I DiLo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370 / 3 / -5
    Should keep in mind of other top fifa leagues if you wish to interest other players not based on this site.

OutlawsFCTV
  19. EagleEyeFoley

EagleEyeFoley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,484 / 1 / -2
    The only thing I have to say on this matter is that you need to choose your game times/nights based on what is best for this league, not any of the others on this site. You pick the best times for FIFA and that is when you play. This league isnt a substitute for LGHL. It is its own league with its own community and it needs to grow under the assumption that it cant rely on players already on the site to fill it up and keep it growing. On LA, we had over half of our times conflict with VHL and in 8 months we had more users than the VHL. NHL isnt the big dog in the clubs market, especially now that it doesnt even exist anymore. If you have any aspirations on getting this league actually growing and something special you cant cater to the needs of the NHL community on this site. Just my two cents. Its obviously up to Kav and his crew but that is just my take on it.

Also the MLS is AIDS and the next person that recommends that we use that league deserves to be permabanned

• Like Like x 9
    EagleEyeFoley1
  20. Kermit-_-Wilts

Kermit-_-Wilts Well-Known Member

Discord:
    MpLs Anderson#5166
    Ratings:
    +628 / 11 / -21
    I agree completely with Cam if you want this league to succeed to need to do what's best for it not a different league, and on top of that if you can get the FIFA guys from other FIFA leagues over here you will see the number of die hard FIFA players is so much bigger than NHL it isn't close so do what's best for LGFL not LGHL or any other league here on LG.

• Like Like x 1
    MpLsAnDeRsOn
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.