LGGT Official Statement on Fair Play

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Golf Tour' started by PHJ314, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Vellerz

Vellerz 2 Time Calder Cup Champ - 1 Time Playoff MVP

Discord:
    Vellerz#3871
    Ratings:
    +409 / 6 / -9
    With the recent developments in 3rd party controllers being used that give the ability for a player to hit straight shots virtually 100% of the time, the LGGT has decided to take the following stance:

- Current users who have been deemed to be using such a device are being removed from the league and placed under a 2 season ban, all scores will be removed, and points for past tournaments will be re-run. This is a huge undertaking, but one we feel is necessary to uphold the integrity of the league we are trying to establish for our members.

- Discovery of any suspicious anomalies in an individual's swing plane, can result in said player being placed on probation, having their rounds reviewed, and be subject to disciplinary action at the discretion of LGGT officials.

- Any person found using such a device will be permanently removed from the league and placed on a 2 season ban, but we will not be doing additional point re-runs.

Below are examples of 3rd party controllers and how they interact. In the cases below, there are zero deviations on the swing plane, giving an clearly defined and unfair advantage.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CKdQ3ZUnTY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuARnJBojMQ

It is important to note that LeagueGaming has always been a site that promotes Simulation gaming on a level playing field for sports gaming enthusiast, we have remained proactive in eliminating glitches/cheats that can provide an unfair advantage. We take pride in our membership base, and will do everything we can to uphold those values. This applies to all our leagues and not just the LGGT.

In order to make this league successful and continue to grow, we are asking that our community members assist us in weeding out those who are not participating in the true spirit of the league. We ask that you send you concerns and/or evidence directly to [MENTION=4]Tris10[/MENTION], [MENTION=7031]PHJ314[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8233]eMLBCommish[/MENTION], rather than posting them in the public forums.

• Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  2. burton31cat

burton31cat Tim R

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Great news! A level playing field for all is awesome to hear!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. nz-kraut

nz-kraut Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yep, awesome stance and good on you for enforcing it. I hate that 3rd party controllers can be used to play this game. The main drawcard to this game for me was the "even playing field" part of the game. Yet of course there are complete knobheads who feel the need to gain an advantage over people that play it fairly.
    I do hope more people are found out, because I know there are a lot more that do it.

No Streaming Account
  4. Terry_HQ

Terry_HQ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I applaud the lggt for exposing these cheats it always disturbed me how they could always rip courses with under par scores making a mockery of the game. Please pass their details onto the TGC tour as well to make sure they dont invade there either.

No Streaming Account
  5. LeBlondl77l

LeBlondl77l aka: LB

Discord:
    FKNCommishLB (aka LB)#2764
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    I think what is more important for anything not related to LGGT, is that the community who is involved with both personally bring these concerns to their attention. While we could easily do this, I think their community self-policing has more value.

fkncommishlb
  6. MLT24

MLT24 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    So it appears LGGT has only removed one player from the League. When do you plan to remove the rest of them? When 3-4 players shooting 30 strokes better than say 6-7 placed players, OBVIOUSLY they are using the cheating controllers. I would say the single biggest advantage would be on the greens. I would play at least 10 strokes better on each round if I could put straight every time. Not to mention every where else on the course.

I don't have a problem not being the best, never will be even on a level playing field. But for me to be out-shot by 30 strokes on 4 rounds on the PS4 on a level playing field is not going to happen in this game. I am good enough to keep that from happening every single week. It is getting ridiculous. If your cheating, your cheating, lets take them out!

Lets look at this like the Bicycle Racing does. If you blow everyone else out all the time, you must be doping. And they are going to check that person out for doping. The leader so far of this weeks first two tourneys has an outrages low score. His stats need to be checked for using a cheating controller! If I were to ever win, you can check mine every single time. No problem because I use the PS4 controller and I have to work VERY hard to score well. Just as the game intended. Can we ever get to the point were these crazy scores can be verified every single week?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    No Streaming Account
  7. Anquila1978

Anquila1978 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I feel somewhat moved to reply

Obvious?

Ok, do the due diligence and prove this sweeping statement, it is real easy to load these accusations and sit on your hands whilst tarring the best players of this game as 'cheats'

I raised a concern with Tris about this turning into a witchhunt and so it begins.

You do the work and play against the top players and provide overwhelming evidence.

Cheat is a strong term banded about this forum far too easily.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    No Streaming Account
  8. MLT24

MLT24 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    You are right Anquila! And I was one to wonder would this turn into a witch hunt and here I go doing just that. And to those who are innocent, I apologize.

But, I have done the work, I have played this game since day 1, a lot. I use to have a 3 handicap in real life so I know real golf too. And When I am scoring 3 under on a very tough course even with easy 5 mph wind, I have to wonder how the top players are scoring 10-14 under. This game is not that easy. I am NOT saying they all are cheating, as on that 3 under round I could have gotten lucky and scored 8 under. But for some players to always shoot very low number regardless the difficulty of that course, well it "appears" to be someone is getting an advantage.

Now to clean this up I have suggested all top scores be verified. If I had a top score, I would want it to be verified that I only use a PS4 controller. I wouldn't be upset, I would understand how it looks.

I am doing the work, I want to compete at a high level, it is a lot of fun to do so. But I want it to be realistic too. If I am getting blown out by 10 strokes every round by just a few and it is legit, I will get there. But if it is not possible to do with a PS4 controller, I need to know that too.

No Streaming Account
  9. Anquila1978

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I understand your frustration, it takes a bigger person to apologise so that's cool, at no point do I condone the use of devices to make the game easy.

some players just a naturally good at the game, some will play several practise rounds to determine the course management, the latter being the only time I will relate the phrase 'if you can't beat them' because this is the type of thing can make all the difference.

this arguement being had on at least three forums is starting to devide the communities with paranoia, not a good thing.

i'll put it out there again, if anyone sees me online and wants the talk strategy then just ask, it's just a game.

No Streaming Account
  10. chrashbird

chrashbird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    The courses we've played the last few weeks I've never played before and I do a practice round seeing where the best place to hit shots too. Those scores have been nothing special, think I had +6 at Blue Valley and -2 at Mt Falcon this morning.

My tour rounds are all streamed on here and I have a slice on virtually ever swing, just wish the quality of the stock ps4 controller was better as the rubber is virtually all off of my left thumb stick and that's the same for the 2 controllers I have.......cheap crap!!!!

I've never shot under 90 in real golf, I'd gladly swap my video game skills for a 3 handicap :-D

No Streaming Account
  11. brotherhooch

brotherhooch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great response by LGGT. The culprit named and shamed, action taken and members made aware that it is not an acceptable way to play the game. Its kind of like the belly putter issue, was deemed to give an unfair advantage so was outlawed. Love the game HB have provided us and LGGT have made it even better with this global competition, lets just keep it fair across the board, you're only cheating yourself.

No Streaming Account
  12. Anquila1978

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Interesting analogy, how many players using long putters are currently banned from golf?

No Streaming Account
  13. mmmduff1

mmmduff1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My 2 cents (for what its worth) is that invariably there are always people that will want to win at all costs, the way they arrive at the victory doesn`t bother them. You can see from my rounds that i`m top 10 to top 20 in most tournaments. sometimes i get lucky and have a good round ( like this week ). i have played this game since the beta was released on steam, i generally can hit the ball straight enough but it`s taken time and practice. i still cant putt like i would like to and this is what holds me back from being near the top of the leaderboards week in week out. i guess what i`m trying to say is that some guys are THAT good and we shouldn`t throw accusations at everyone just because they are top of the leaderboards. I`m all in favour of finding the cheats and banning them but this needs to be proven and not just the accusations beeing thrown around on here.

No Streaming Account