LGGT Point System

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Golf Tour' started by Tris10, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    AOXS0iG.jpg Hey Everyone,

We have added support for the "LG Point System". This is the points every gets in the tournament that will count towards that seasons total. Think of this as the PGA Tours "Fedex Cup" Points.

We are in Pre-Season, so the 3 tournaments going on now will count towards that total.

As first outlined in our Info thread, The Point system is designed to support a variable number of players as we expect tournaments to all have different field size.

The concept is simple, Each time someone plays in a tournament, they add "X" points to the purse. So if that value is "50" and there are 100 players, That tournaments total purse is 5000. We then spread out the points from 1st to last. To give the leaders a noticeable difference, we add a 7% bonus to be split among the top 10.

Regular Tournaments will most likely start at 100 points per player, the 2nd tournament would be 50 and majors would be 200.

I've added the "LG Point" Projections into the "Leaderboard" page for the mobile app and web page. This of course is the unofficial results as it could change as more players put their scores in and players move around.

A couple of notes, Everyone who plays will get points, So even if you have a terrible round or two, you will still get something for your season. We'll include your spot even if you do not finish all the rounds in the tournament, And as of this post, this formula does not have a tie breaker for 1st place. We haven't wrote our constitutions and haven't come up with how to handle 1st place ties yet.

But other then that, check out the system and give me your feedback!

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Mr Tweek 1

Mr Tweek 1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    You said these preseason points count or do not count towards the totals?

MrTweek1
  3. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    There will be a "Pre Season" total, but it wont mean anything other then bragging rights :p

4. LeBlondl77l

LeBlondl77l aka: LB

Discord:
    FKNCommishLB (aka LB)#2764
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    [MENTION=4]Tris10[/MENTION]

Am I to understand points are awarded for full completion of the weekly tournament? Just making sure I understand how DNFs will be handled.

fkncommishlb
  5. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Each tournament in a week has its "points".

And right now yes, we award points if you do not finish.

6. Rustee Rabbit

Rustee Rabbit Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    So - based on the ranking of the tournaments, there are more points allocated to the LGGT Inaugural than to Boulder Pt and Bushtail Valley? Or is this just b/c the Inaugural has 4 rounds? Not complaining here mind you :grin:

No Streaming Account
  7. LeBlondl77l

Discord:
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    So if someone is say -1 at Boulder Pointe through one round and plays no more, and the leader in the clubhouse after the entire tournament is Even....

How will that work out?

• Like Like x 2
    fkncommishlb
  8. l KaV l

l KaV l AA is for quitters

Ratings:
    +808 / 10 / -41
    Is there a way to have it so when you play a round you get points added to your total, like an incentive? Just on tough courses like Bushtail and Boulder you are going to have guys who play 2-3 round post a -3, be at the top of the leaderboard and not bother playing the last round or two and ruining their score, but someone who plays all 4 rounds and posts a minus -3 is tied for first with that person?

I don't think it is quite fair to the person who actually completes the tournament. at least if this happens and there is a tie the guy who put in the time to complete the actual tournament would get a little extra.

Correct me if I am wrong, but in the PGA are you not supposed to have to finish the entire tournament (Sign and Submit 4 Cards) to be considered in the final rankings? If a player withdraws (In our case not play the rest of the tourney), they are withdrawing from the tournament and do not wish to continue playing so their scores would be voided.

Maybe something on the leader boards where it ranks people with 4 rounds completed first, then 3, etc. etc. or under each course we have a leaderboard one for each round and the scores on the final round(total from all 4 rounds obvy) count for the winnings, whatever is left over can be split between everyone else..

So not sure if say 80% of the points go to the tournament finishers and divided according to where you finished... The other 20% can be split evenly among the players who participated but did not finish, so all of them would get maybe 20 points each or something (Again depends on how many people participate compared to how many finished/did not finish)

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  9. KerrZee

KerrZee Im Back!!!!

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Sweet , Awesome job Tris

No Streaming Account
  10. sseagle

sseagle 48 Seasons...

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    So basically this means I should just give up before the season starts? There are people almost 100 strokes better than me already :(

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. I SSJ Bardock I

I SSJ Bardock I Party Planner

Ratings:
    +547 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully the better players stream their games and we can watch it through the LG media whenever we want, that way the lesser skilled players can maybe learn a thing or two to improve their/our game.

No Streaming Account
  12. sseagle

sseagle 48 Seasons...

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I think its going to be easier to spare myself the agony of trying to not be the worst every week, some of these scores prove that I have far too much time to not play video games..

No Streaming Account
  13. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Agreed. I've been streaming all my rounds if you guys wanted to check them out.

Sseagle, golf has always been a sport where you always play against yourself :)

14. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    Neither of us will ever win a tournament, part of this whole thing is competing within the parameters of the league and trying to get better. If it stops being fun then don't play, trust me I got very frustrated playing preseason.

Sevv_09
  15. sseagle

sseagle 48 Seasons...

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    But playing a game for fun isn't meant to drive me insane because I will never be anywhere near contention. Like in the old hockey days, when I missed the playoffs because people wouldn't play their games.. but at least there is fighting in hockey (not to mention a direct competition)

No Streaming Account
  16. Noobinator156

Noobinator156 S17 Stanley Cup Champion

Ratings:
    +3,141 / 42 / -38
    Id be happy to pair up one night and try to teach you some tricks. All I can say, without actually showing you is learn the difference target height makes on your shot distance and remember to use loft of most approach shots. If the green is 120 away, your pitching wedge will shoot 120 and then roll past the hole. You want to use loft so you both land before the hole and roll less after landing.

Key to this game is mastering how to counter Wind and elevation using loft, switching up or down a club and using fade/draw when appropriate. I'll try and stream a couple rounds this week. I just HATE that the broadcasting thing is right on my ball while putting when I stream through Xbox one.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. Mr Tweek 1

Mr Tweek 1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    I'm online quit a bit and if any of you guys care to get in a voice chat and play a few rounds feel free top look me up..just like noob sez its all about wind elevation and loft...

MrTweek1
  18. I SSJ Bardock I

I SSJ Bardock I Party Planner

Ratings:
    +547 / 0 / -0
    press B then move your LS up a bit, then click it in to lock that view. You have to aim before doing all of this though.

No Streaming Account
  19. Vellerz

Vellerz 2 Time Calder Cup Champ - 1 Time Playoff MVP

Discord:
    Vellerz#3871
    Ratings:
    +409 / 6 / -9
    I'd like an answer to this too.
    I'm of the opinion that if players don't finish the tournament, they should not receive points.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  20. LeBlondl77l

Discord:
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    Or at least minimal points for partial participation, but less than completed rounds. DNFs should be last place, no matter what. Reward the guy who's in last but completed the whole tournament more.

What's your thoughts, [MENTION=4]Tris10[/MENTION]? I assume you'll manage this weekly?

• Like Like x 1
    fkncommishlb