LGGT S1 W3

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Golf Tour' started by Tris10, Sep 12, 2014.

1. coruler2

coruler2 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Somebody shoot an under par round4 on that Sunday course...don't let it take the entire field down. It is tough, but possible. Just have to be smarter on your misses, because hitting the green and always playing from the back is not the way to attack it.

No Streaming Account
  2. Mr Tweek 1

Mr Tweek 1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Putting wont be your problem with round 4 trust me on that one....

MrTweek1
  3. joestud18

joestud18 Mister5Time

Ratings:
    +239 / 16 / -9
    is it possible to play round 4 at Shawshank again without being in the competition? I wanna play it again now that I somewhat know how to play.

joestud18
  4. JFonz11

JFonz11 S20 LGHL Blackhawks Owner

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    You nailed it. The firmness is crazy. I had approach shots land short in the rough roll off the back of some mid-large size greens.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. CGilb

CGilb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Just play the course in a 'Play Round' Session. You can search for the course by typing Shawshank. Then choose the Sunday course.

No Streaming Account
  6. Doc Status

Doc Status dark stasis

Ratings:
    +504 / 8 / -4
    True, round 4 is all about the approach shots. It's only really possible to hit 4 greens in regulation from my experience. 5, 7, 13, and 18 are your birdie opportunities while you should play the rest for par.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
    No Streaming Account
  7. ellshady

ellshady Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I shot +12 not +11 on 4th round at shawls hankshawls hank

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Bottomless Pit

Bottomless Pit I'm all about defense & shutting down the offense.

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +260 / 15 / -9
    [MENTION=4]Tris10[/MENTION] [MENTION=7031]PHJ314[/MENTION]
    Why not put up a smaller "Pick Up Games" window either under the "League Leaders", the Twitter board or somewhere on the main LGGT page? I know with TGC that can all be done in game with ease...but it wouldn't hurt to be able to post when you will be playing and having others schedule a start time with you....instead of just checking to see who's online.....just another thought

Bottomless_Pit
  9. F5 Penguin

F5 Penguin #NoFilter

Ratings:
    +1,222 / 4 / -22
    Such a great front 9 on Sunday. fuck that back 9 though. wowzer.

f5penguin
  10. Noobinator156

Noobinator156 S17 Stanley Cup Champion

Ratings:
    +3,141 / 42 / -38
    That 9th hole is always the beginning of the end for me

No Streaming Account
  11. Vellerz

Vellerz 2 Time Calder Cup Champ - 1 Time Playoff MVP

Discord:
    Vellerz#3871
    Ratings:
    +409 / 6 / -9
    Remember the Washington days and forgive me.

No Streaming Account
  12. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    F^!#$%^ that sunday course!!!!!

I must have practiced it 10 times, and my strategy was just to put the ball into a position i can chip in. Because on all the holes (but 2, unless wind is in your face), thats the only way you are going to make a birdie.

But i loved the 4 different pins, tee blocks and layouts. Really makes it more entertaining!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mr Tweek 1

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Which hole did you break the putter around the tree on ? This PH another satisfied customer....lol

MrTweek1
  14. LuckyHound

LuckyHound Well-Known Member

Discord:
    LuckyHound#3534
    Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Well going to try and finish the tour today, but honestly the 4 different pins, tee blocks, and layouts is kinda a pain in the ass. One of the things I was really excited about with this league was that as a father to be with a full time job (more like 50 hours a week), I could still find time somewhere during the week to practice a bit so I dont make a complete fool of myself and still finish atleast the main event, while the other events really were a crap shoot. Thats not even close to possible this week. With 4 different holes, thats 4 different holes to practice. Its not really that it makes it so its not fun (I suck anyway and usually im in the mid to lower end of the pack) but 4 different sets of holes really makes it so the chances of competing are that much harder since I cant really practice.

That said, I am really not looking forward to round 4. No one has even mention round 3 and that round I got a +14 when I was - on the first 2 round. Get ready for a new worse score boys. lol

No Streaming Account
  15. sseagle

sseagle 48 Seasons...

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I sure hope next week has holes that are 9000 yards from the pin, in 40 mph crosswinds, onto greens that look like the moon, and the hole is at the top of a 40 foot island in the middle of the green that takes EXACTLY 93.4% of a swing to get there and not jump over the pin.

I know I am going to be last every week, so there is absolutely NO reason to play, I can't get any better when all the courses are so impossible that I just want to quit.

ETA : lets put more unneeded crap in the MIDDLE OF THE FAIRWAY

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
    No Streaming Account
  16. LuckyHound

LuckyHound Well-Known Member

Discord:
    LuckyHound#3534
    Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Has the idea of an Amateur Tour been discussed at all? Just played round 4, +21. Had a +6 on one hole because of a 7 putt on the green. I really dont mind too much about getting my ass kicked, but some of these courses are just too difficult to have fun on. I might just be in a bitchy mood this morning, if thats the case, sorry. But this is getting a bit extreme when a few players continue to destroy most of the field. Maybe some sort of top 20 group that competes and the bottom 3 drop to the amatuer after so many weeks and the top 3 from the amateur go to the pro tournament? Then you could still have the difficult courses for the pros who are obviously leagues better than the rest, while an easier course can be used for the amateur so at least all hearts arent broken every week with +30 scores. just a thought, I get the feeling im not the only one that feels this way.

No Streaming Account
  17. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Ya i hear ya. I guess thats kinda anything though, the more people have time to put into it, they better their results tend to be. I dont see how we can even the playing field in that aspect.

As for the 4 different layouts, this is only for the majors (at least this one since we controlled the course).

That sunday course was a root canal....

18. Mr Tweek 1

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    With a simultaneous enima...

MrTweek1
  19. Bottomless Pit

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +260 / 15 / -9
    Coming from the worst golfer in the group (I'm sure)...I really didn't see a problem with the difficulty in terms of enjoyment. ...of course plenty in terms of difficulty.

This is one course where you definitely couldn't overlook nor misjudge technique, strategy, or any environmental factor or you will have trouble recovering let alone staying under par.

I see complaints about wind, hitting the green, putting. ..chips. All of which require adjustments to stay on target. Even I have found ways to make those adjustments....just with a very serious lack of consistency, lack of not slicing or dicing (lol ), attention, and sometimes patience (due to things going on at home not in game). This is why I don't bitch about my score...and laugh instead.

For those of you who haven't yet...go to tgc site where there's plenty of tutorials about each of these. Personally, I'm still figuring things out so I will try to make some impossible shots. Having been in some very unfavorable positions. ...has given me opportunity to learn how to get out of them (which I suppose is making up for my lack of golf knowledge & experience )

My point us that figuring things out is part of the challenge and enjoyment. ..If you Luke that sort of thing. All that being said, I do think it might be time to consider splitting up the LGGT in to different skill level groups (of which got the time being I will still remain at the bottom)....but hey...from here there's only two choices...sit here in my own filth or make my up.

Ps. I hope for now you can find satisfaction in knowing your scores aren't nearly as bad as mine....and watching a few clips or streams of my misadventures. Lol. If you are, well...the race is on to see who become a more challenging golfer first. Don't worry...you have plenty of time to beat me. :)

You might find some enjoyment pairing up with me on the courses (that's an open invite). This is also where doing the official tours in groups might help out. Learn as a group.

[MENTION=4]Tris10[/MENTION] [MENTION=7031]PHJ314[/MENTION] - is there a way to identify a consistent 4 some, 3 some or pair in the leaderboards so the guys can have another angle to the same competition without creating another leaderboard? Perhaps something unofficial? Just color code or a number next to the player identifying the group? Alternatively possibly formalize it ...but then you have to decide what are the requirements for each group.

Cheers.

Bottomless_Pit
  20. Bottomless Pit

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +260 / 15 / -9
    Forgot to ask:

I finished all rounds...but didn't enter all spotless in LG....any way to still get scores in or no? Either way us fine...scores aren't exactly worth fighting for

Bottomless_Pit