* New * LGHL News and Update - Public Address - 13/10/2021 *What Is Coming? Rule Changes!*

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by LG McDonald, Oct 12, 2021.

1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    [​IMG]

I hope all of our Canadian players had an excellent Thanksgiving weekend.

I have some updates to pass along from the change committee moving into next season. I would like to take the time to thank the following members who joined us and helped come to these decisions:

@Bitcoin98x @Bo-Dangles1 @BTL_MoTi @ChiSouthSiderr, @Dangs92, @Darkl79l, @defty_lefty, @Fly I25I, @GhostxBearx, @Hxndry, @jmm420, @Joffman-, @jojodevil91, @l Bossy l x 22, @lCR0SSCHECKl, @ltz0ver4u, @Mreedxr, @Pxnarin, @Rivnasty, @Sharpxo, @Stav 98, TakeNotes97, @Winston Payne, @xDoer3, @xReignMan-, @BarDownNinja, @Bicktacular, @bryg20, @D1ggy420, @DaKnot, @DirtyDeeds200, @Drags x 95, @Eamonn, @Em Jayy Cee, @ender554,@FrewX93, @Gnew543, @Godon17, @IN8Gaming, @Kevus23, @kingprather, @malf922, @Mystical-Rino, @Plymmy11, @PooIzy-, @SynCraftrz, @TheFrogman77, @V 4 T T Y, @Wzia, @x2Apollo4x, @X_Booty_X3, @xTheKraZe96x
    Please take a second to read and review what is coming!

1. NHL and AHL Playoff Format?
      • We have had some requests to change the playoff format back to a 1v8, 2v7 format to better support competitive play.
      • In the AHL we have seen the 5th seed in a division have over 100 points, and not make the playoffs, where a number 1 seed in the other conference make the playoffs with an 85 point season.
      • In the NHL with the current wild card situation, some of the first-round matches ups tend to be more difficult than the later rounds. That would be avoided with a 1v8 system.
      • The regular season format would remain, and the divisional winners would be given the 1st and 2nd seeds based on their seasonal point total, where 3 thru 8 would be decided be based on regular-season point totals.
      • The AHL divisional alignment will be based on the NHL alignment and not the AHL's real-life decision to run a 8-7-7-10 divisional breakdown.
      • We are going to try this and see how it works for this season on both Xbox and PSN

2. Tiebreakers
      • Moving forward we will be changing the official tiebreakers to the following format:
        1. Overall wins
        2. Head to head
        3. One game playoff to decide it all*
      • We are removing regulation wins and the final and deciding tiebreaker will be an 83 game between the two tied teams.

3. Bidding Timer - Changes to the Snipe Timer * Pending Tris's approval
      • Currently, the CHL is the only league running an 8-hour bidding timer.
      • The change would be to have the NHL and AHL run an 8-hour bidding timer as well.
      • When a bid has sniped, the timer will reset to FOUR hours, not the FULL eight-hour timer.
      • Tris also stated we could explore the options of "PRIME TIME" bidding where between the hours of 9 AM and 9 PM, the bidding timer is set to four hours. This will be discussed further with our Owners once they are selected.

4. Official Lineup Not Visible until Official Game Time Each Night
      • There has been some request to considering having the nightly lines not show your opponent until official game time.
      • On Xbox, there have been some booting issues that would benefit from this.
      • Both consoles agreed that it would also help players from not showing up when they see a line matchup that would not be in their favor.

5. *XBOX ONLY* Since there is no S40 NHL draft, we are looking into the possibility of grandfathering any prospect with 18+ CHL games to Amateur status to allow them access to NHL and AHL bidding. We currently have some grandfathering language in our scripts that will be changed prior to S40 bidding.

6. Changes to protect the AHL and ensure the AHL GM has more control
      • NHL owners will NOT be eligible to trade AHL players WON in AHL bidding without the permission of the AHL GM
      • A player called up from the AHL SHALL play three games before he or she is eligible for trade or to be placed on waivers
      • The NHL Owner is the only person who can trade drafted players, and draft picks for the coming draft
      • All training camp players can be traded by the NHL Owner or AHL managers.

This change is to empower the AHL managers to have more control over their roster and promote NHL owners to select the best possible GM when looking for AHL managers. This system will also allow a level of protection for the AHL GM to manage his or her team with full control.

*Circumvention of this rule would be a situation where the NHL is calling up AHL players and trading those players. The goal is for the NHL to handle their owner roster and transactions, and allow the AHL to manage their own assets as well. Both teams in the organization should be equally as important to the NHL owner and the success of the overall organization is the goal*

7. PSN NHL Times
      • Currently, the PSN NHL is the only league with staggered game times during the season. We are going to hold a community vote to determine if the league wants to have the same times as the NHL on XBOX. Currently last season only 4% played on both consoles in our leagues.
      • We will continue stagger times between the consoles for the playoffs.

8. Changes to Placement of Drafted Players After the Entry Draft
      • The goal of this change is to eliminate the mass send down to the training camp we see prior to the bidding sessions. We have always seen teams do this to inflate their cap for bidding or to bid on extra players.
      • When a drafted player is placed on the AHL roster after the draft, he or she SHALL play one week [three games] in the AHL prior to the player being NHL eligible for call.
      • When a drafted player is placed on the training camp, he or she SHALL stay on the training camp for two weeks [six games] before they are eligible for call up to the NHL or AHL.

*Using these players for their maximum game allotment as an ECU in the first two weeks of the season is viewed as a circumvention of this new rule and will result in a weekly suspension for the manager, and for the player to be locked to their current roster for an additional week

9. Banning VPN Use On LG
      • We are looking to take a zero-tolerance stance on VPN use on the website.
      • At the same time, we are aware we have users who are utilizing a VPN for work purposes as well, which does mean I am considering a time frame where our current players can declare their use, have it all registered in our system, and work from there forward.

10. MINIMUM Weekly Availability
      • We are going to move the weekly availability limit from four games to 5 games.
      • Players who are participating on both consoles and provide their team with 6/9 availability are considered meeting the requirement. Scheduling will be based on a first come first serve basis for that player's managers.

11. Server Selection?
      • Last season the PSN NHL used a model of the ESHL version of the server selection.
      • We are going to poll the community to see if the veto system [including all six servers] is something everyone wants to us, or if the ESHL model of server selection is more balanced and fair for the community.

* Reference thread [PSN NHL Server Selection S17] --> https://bit.ly/2YJP0z2

12. Weekly Check-in / Mandatory Availability on the Website
      • With all the second tag issues from these past seasons, we are looking to mandate website use on a weekly basis. All our competitor leagues are basically doing the same.
      • I've asked tris if he can get us a master list weekly of who did not post avail on the site. This would allow us to track it, and send a reminder DM.
      • Or if we can simply use a check-in system as we had for the TBL 1v1 event
        • 1st violation, - warning DM from us reminding the player that this is the new standard, and unless he or she is on IR, it is REQUIRED of them
        • 2nd - one-game suspension
        • 3rd - a one-week suspension
        • 4th - league removal
      • It will be a headache to start but it should help site activity and second tag issues. it should also set up an auto removal system for inactivity TCs for the CHL which would be a major help
      • I'd recommend everyone download the mobile app for signing up for games each week. It is simple and easy to use.

13. Playoff ECU Limits
      • The limits are looking to be changed to:
        • During the first 3 rounds, a player can ECU a max of 2 times regardless of any round/game - During the Finals, a player can ECU a max of 1 time only
        • If the ECU has played twice in the first three rounds, they cannot play in the finals.
        • If the ECU has played 1 game in the first three rounds, they can play 1 game in the finals.
        • Late signups still are ineligible to ECU (have to keep a signup deadline in place).
    [​IMG]

Current we are in need of approximately 15 more NHL Owners for the XBOX League and about 2/3 For the PSN NHL League. We are looking for the best possible players for these roles! We want skilled players who have a high level of personal accountability and integrity who have the best interest of the LGHL in mind at all times.

Our XBOX CHL League is also running the last call for those who want to be an Owner in the CHL!

If you feel you are up to the challenge of being a strong owner for us, please fill out an application below!

XBOX NHL OWNER APPLICATION ----> https://bit.ly/3BAUYRd
    XBOX CHL OWNER APPLICATION ----> https://bit.ly/3aM9Xw1

PSN NHL OWNER APPLICATION ----> https://bit.ly/3BARldT

We are also looking for additional staff help in the NHL and AHL in our Xbox League. If you have interest in joining our Staff, apply below today!

Staff Application ----> https://bit.ly/3v68dGW

/[​IMG]

What does the future hold for the LGHL and LeagueGaming?

It does appear we are at a turning point with the community on XBOX. After 40 seasons the interest level to manage at the highest tiers seems to be replaced with the excitement of participating in Esport events with friends. For over ten years, the LGHL has provided competitive and organized 6v6 hockey that has kept this community growing together in preparation for the day where mainstream, sponsored events could take over as the primary means in which our players participate on this platform. As we transition, I continue to explore what could we do next? I think we are nearing a point where a Pro Club league could fit in well allowing our top tier players, to participate in a league with their club members as an altertunity to participating in the LGHL. This would offer a training grounding for teams as the big events are near and also create new opportunities in the LGHL as players move on.

The #1 concern we hear each season from top talent is the lack of quality owners in the league. Each season we see a handful of players land on a roster after or during bidding and immediately quit due to their opinion on the team, or the managers who won their bid. At the end of the day I cannot force players to apply for Ownership roles and we are completely limited by the quality of the applications we receive each season. In my eyes, the players need to evaluate the owners prior to bidding and accept that IF they want to play, it may be for ANY of the 32 owners at that time.

One aspect that is often overlooked is how competitive the AHL is. There are a ton of excellent managers at that tier who for their own reasons prefer to stay in the AHL. I think a Pro League could make managing in the NHL more appealing to the top tier AHL managers who wouldn't have to deal with some of the headaches the NHL can bring. That would then allow our top 32 CHL Owners an opportunity to move up to the AHL tier, which in turn opens 32 CHL ownership spots. We will see how we fair out for S40 and determine what we can add for S41 and beyond that is appealing to everyone and what will allow us to offer a better experience.

"Is there plans for LG hockey offered for PS5?"
    That appears to be a very popular question recently. the goal right now is to get Season 18 underway and then look to see what we can offer for the PS5 players who don't want to play the PS4 version of the game.

"Can we bring back FNP and SNP?"
    The system is all set up, we just need the resources to set it up on a weekly basis! Do you have interest in helping out? Send me a DM! We'd love to run this weekly for the duration of NHL 22!

"Do you have plans for the Players who ONLY have the XB1 version of the game?"
    Our focus right now is to get season 40 up and running. Once that is down, we are going to poll our community to see how many players we'd have who would be interesting in participating in an XB1 league or events.

"Have you considered giving out some incentive for players to be Owners?"
    Last week on the no thumbs podcast I talked about how I am interesting in offer incentives, I just don't know what the community wants or is looking for? I am open to all ideas that could make ownership at the NHL tier more appealing?

"When can we expect an update to the LG Mobile App or forums?"
    The new forum software has been purchased and recently Tris has helped develop a mobile app for his job outside of LG. Right now we have no specific timelines, but within the next twelve months I'd like to think we will have some major updates to what we do here.

Overall the future is bright and we are going to explore all options to continue to grow our community and offer the best experience possible for our users.

Do you have any questions? Please comment below and mention me, or feel free to send me a private message here, or on discord [McDonald#2877]

Thanks for your time

• Like x 26
    • Winner x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  2. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    Lots of nice changes, good stuff

• Like Like x 4
    JClaus33
  3. Byfuglien x33l

Byfuglien x33l LFG discord.gg/Eashl

Discord:
    Byfuglien x33l#2028
    Ratings:
    +339 / 8 / -19
    Ton of good changes. I’m also glad that you do not close your eyes on the current situation on Xbox and tell the things like they really are. Definitely need to change something to make the ownership more appealing. I won’t tell what I didn’t like as an Owner when I took over New Jersey, but you can dm me anytime if you want to know.

• Informative Informative x 1
    byfuglienx33l
  4. Byfuglien x33l

Byfuglien x33l LFG discord.gg/Eashl

Discord:
    Byfuglien x33l#2028
    Ratings:
    +339 / 8 / -19
    I won’t tell here*

byfuglienx33l
  5. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,036 / 113 / -852
    The one question that always comes up is what would be a good enough incentive to be an owner?

LeagueGamingOfficial
  6. mgb2092

mgb2092 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    mgb2092#1919
    Ratings:
    +78 / 1 / -12
    Honestly small changes like raising minimum availability is a big step in the right direction. Game dodging and setting automatic minimum availability is a major problem for a lot of teams especially towards the end of a season when egos flare and people are trying to protect stats

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    mgb2092
  7. Jack Bauer tuna

Jack Bauer tuna Hall of Famer

Discord:
    JBT123#4279
    Ratings:
    +1,258 / 66 / -177
    Very few spelling errors in here Brodie, well done.

• Funny Funny x 1
    jackbauertuna_
  8. Jayson x 29

Jayson x 29 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Jayson29#0422
    Ratings:
    +873 / 335 / -186
    I will take a team. Clear that ban :)

• Troll Troll x 1
    No Streaming Account