Please Vote! LGHL Ownership Dillema

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by xJLucas, Jan 23, 2020.

?

What would make you take an ownership spot

1. If NHL 20 was a better game

26.7%
  2. Remove/Reduce the expensive ban buyouts

6.9%
  3. Free Platinum for those in Management positions

25.2%
  4. Free ESHL buy-ins for those in Management

8.9%
  5. Shorter Seasons

12.4%
  6. Amend the LG Rulebook

8.4%
  7. Shorty stepping down as commish

39.1%
  8. I’m not worth a free contract

34.7%
  9. I’m a G

10.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CarneyeVORE

CarneyeVORE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +464 / 28 / -20
    An Idea; $$ Deposits for management

I know that the league is free - and that is what attracts the vast majority of us.. but there isn't any real consistency in the consequences that each own/manager feels. They buy out their ban or not. And that's that for them. Meanwhile the rest of the team implodes and the other players are the ones who end up not having fun or wanting to get on when they know their going to just keep losing.

If players had the risk of losing real money, this may deter the shenanigans, and force them to at least try and field a competitive team... you know "Manage"...

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    wizard0fozzy
  2. RGDeded

RGDeded Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,213 / 47 / -134
    If you think i am going to pay to baby sit 16 other people u are buggin... maybe if u flip that incentive and owners who make playoffs get a % of buy out money

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ReallyGooodDad
  3. trevwings

trevwings 2nd best Trev in LG

Discord:
    TrevWings#8296
    Ratings:
    +1,012 / 47 / -81
    Burnsy couldn't have said it any better. These kinds of things are the reason why guys like me (decent players that know the league and are active but have never managed before) dont apply for ownership.

No Streaming Account
  4. MAGZ I3I

MAGZ I3I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    magz_3#0
    Ratings:
    +345 / 1 / -11
    That sounds like condoning bad owners. Keep it real. Keep it the same length. Make owners earn it.

No Streaming Account
  5. Hansum Horty

Hansum Horty Well-Known Member

Discord:
    hansum_horty#0
    Ratings:
    +832 / 54 / -127
    What about NO free contracts at all?

If you take management you assume your last salary with automatic increases like if you were resigning. (Maybe)

Player A owner was 5 mil last season
    Player B owner was 2 mil last season

Player B will have an extra 3 mil of bidding $$$$ to use. Or whatever the difference is after you bring in a GM. Whom you also pay for.

This way if you are Connor McDavid, you get paid Connor McDavid money no matter what your role is on the team. The team captain isn’t free in real life. No need to make it free here. All a free contract does is saves guys from being paid what they are actually Worth. How does that make sense? It doesn’t.

It gives those 3rd line kinda guys the opportunity to manage a team without being a burden to the team. 500k-2mil guys can produce a lot of good managers.

The only real downside would be that it is more attractive to manage sooner in your career so you can keep your cap hit down for a few seasons. But it’s rare that someone (there are exceptions of course) manages for like 10 seasons straight to start their LG career.

This is the only way I see there being parity until we have 32 great owners with 1st line skill. Which won’t happen.

TLDR

It allows borderline NHL/AHL guys to run teams and still have a chance to win. Would more often than not make it so each team actually only has 1 first line 2nd line 3rd line. Right now the top teams always basically have 2 top lines. Doesn’t give middle of the road managers much of a chance.

Or maybe Some of us just need to GET GOOD.

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    No Streaming Account
  6. Tastypeanut 5

Tastypeanut 5 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 11 / -28
    bro we literally have yeti taking an nhl team this season...it can't get worse

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  7. x Rollinj x

x Rollinj x Flint for life.. GAT for now

Discord:
    Rollinj S36 Best Hair#6620
    Ratings:
    +939 / 106 / -170
    No Streaming Account
  8. NINETY ElGHT

NINETY ElGHT Warning Group

Discord:
    Ninety Elght#9689
    Ratings:
    +827 / 29 / -86

Manage in the AHL or CHL if you are worried about top players managing.
    That is there only incentive to own

• Winner Winner x 2
    NINETYElght
  9. Hansum Horty

Discord:
    hansum_horty#0
    Ratings:
    +832 / 54 / -127
    That is not the point. The point is we have a lack of managers. We talk about getting stuck on bad teams and wanting out. This is a plausible idea. It does make sense. We aren’t gonna have even 20 teams this season that compete with good teams.

What do we want? Even competition or stacked teams?

ESHL is for stacking. LGHL is supposed to be a Sim league.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. JetLoog

JetLoog Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jetloog#0
    Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -6
    Well, In a sim league there are better owners and GMs than others.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Jetloog
  11. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    That would cut 27 games off the top. The nice part of having an 82 game schedule is the balance of divisional games vs non-divisional games is really well thought out making the playoff race easier to determine. I'm not sure I'd want to go the route of reducing the number of games. As for the CHL playoffs, its an extra week so we can run the memorial cup as well. By cutting the playoffs, we reduce the number of teams that make it and it becomes a bit less realistic.
    If you look at the screenshot proof of what occurred in that situation, we have a player who has acted as the "4th" manager all season for that team tell a player he was NOT playing during the finals instead the AHL GM is playing. The AHL GM is an AHL caliber player. The players reply is that "he was okay with it before, but not now, which to me screams he was benched right from the beginning. The reason he was called up was based on a COL player receiving a ban for making a second tag to circumvent a CB mute, which IMO isn't the league's problem or fault.

The playoff rules clearly define an ECU as an emergency call up in the situation whereby a cannot make their game. This player was on the site in the CB asking to play, even after he was told he was being benched. The owner was asked why he didn't contact the player in the team discord, in which the reply was "ya I should of"... You'd think in this day and age, that would be THE FIRST place you look for your guys...

The punishment issued is also irrelevant to the series. Originally it was going to be a game four suspension, which Dad said "i wish that would be better..." at the time he assumed the series was going seven. Based on the timeline staff and I didn't feel there was enough notice to issue it for game four, so it was pushed to game seven.... game seven never happened..

To me it was very clear the player was benched which isn't something we have EVER allowed in the playoffs. The entire ordeal is unfortunate because of the ban leading to this call up. Personally an AHL player could have filled the gap better, but i think the intend was to have a sac line anyways.

Is the issue grey? Sure.. but it is a player rights issue. You can't just take games from players when they are able to play. That basically defeats the entire reason why we have a league.

IF an issue looks grey to you as manager, why not ask staff what they think howd they rule. It literally would save any confusion. But if you want to roll the dice on a grey issue, this is a possible outcome.
    Those are some valid points. I've personally have fire more BOG than I have every fired managers tho.. TBH a lot of the issues are impossible to get wrong and it is why we have an appeal system .

The COL issue can be debated I guess, but look at what I said above. Based on what was shown to us, the guy was benched which lead to a violation. That violation had ZERO outcome on the series....

If people can bring forward legitimate issues with proof and complaints I'd rule on staff removals. I personal hold them extremely accountable but i've seen nothing but "i didn't like his ruling" replies to why people don't like shorty... Thats kind of the way the league has always been. Sometimes people agree, sometimes they don't. At the end of the day what are our options? The guy is more committed than anyone else who has even shown interest. It is easy for the community to sit back and arm chair stuff but never step up to try and be a BOG, or manage a team yet be so critical of who the owners are.
    What I have an issue with are the examples you gave #1 you never came to tris and I #2 there is NO detail to what you are referring too...

I am not butt hurt.. but how can anyone have the expectation to make change or correct issues if the info is never brought forward?

The NHL 2 line thing is going to likely be tested in summer season to see what we can do. Just too many details to hash out for this coming season.

I actually don't remember what we did lol
    I agree the deposit is a ban idea. PS I don't even get a % of the buyout money. I'd rather see that money go to ESHL. Look at the cheating now to win NO MONEY, imagine if we add that dynamic...

100%

32 Good people who are good at the buttons makes for the best league. There is NO DEBATING that!

Valid points

• Like Like x 2
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  12. CarneyeVORE

CarneyeVORE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +464 / 28 / -20
    A deposit is returnable money, there is no profit in a deposit. It is purely to incentivize managers to not screw off... only seemed prudent to explain based on the response.

wizard0fozzy
  13. Dunks

Dunks Well-Known Member

Discord:
    DunksDynasty#3635
    Ratings:
    +1,643 / 53 / -79
    My take on the shortened season is a bit unique because I usually make it pretty deep into playoffs but a 9 week regular season is absolutely exhausting. Add on 4 weeks of playoffs and you're talking about 13 weeks, 39 in a year. Tack on preseason you're at 42 weeks of LG in a year. That gives us 10 weeks (two of those being Christmas break) of "down time" per iteration of NHL but even then if you're a manager it's not downtime because you're scouting, doing bidding, drafting, trading etc etc.

I was done with the regular season around week 5 this season and I was ready for playoffs to start. Weeks 5-8 felt like a chore and then week 9 was a tune-up for playoffs. The Christmas break was wonderful. It made me wanna play NHL again and I missed LG because I had two weeks where I didn't have to think about it. I came back ready to play and have some fun again. FUN is the keyword there.

LG is a free league, ran by volunteers. No one is paid to be here except for Tris. When it ceases to be fun it becomes a burden that you committed to and are banned and charged money for quitting. My last three seasons have been 12+ week seasons and I'm burnt out. The ONLY reason I'm managing this season again is because I have Vinny, Conaldo, Peanut and Smitterr returning and because I have a title to defend. The grind isn't worth it for those who don't win it because the season is just TOO long. Bottom line.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    DunksDynasty
  14. Th3 l AnD 0n1y

Th3 l AnD 0n1y The Lord

Discord:
    th3land0n1y#0
    Ratings:
    +1,317 / 61 / -31
    I voted fire shorty cause everyone one I seen don’t like him

th3_1_and_0n1y
  15. Tastypeanut 5

Tastypeanut 5 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 11 / -28
    What Dunks said. At one point, I don't really care about how realistic it is...You know how you have the option to play 20 minute periods rather than 5 minute periods in NHL? Nobody does 20 minute periods. Just like we don't have to replicate the CHL EXACTLY and play 82 games. I'm sure there is a way to make a 5 week season work playoff wise, even if it doesn't replicate the CHL and the divisional match ups etc. I'm sure if you cut out 27 games you could proportionally cut out both divisional and non-divisional games equally...so it would just be LESS GAMES in a season which is exactly what I and I'm sure others want.

Regarding the CHL playoff thing...the realistic stuff man you are caught up in too much. Remove one week of playoffs and yes, LESS TEAMS WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. With a shorter season and playoffs harder to make, everyone will be competitive for the entire duration, players and managers.

Fuck I can't think of another thing that would change LG for the better like this would.
    PROS:
    1) Shorter seasons with more competitive playoff picture (for chl) = less forfeits (b/c less burnouts), less bans, etc

2) More owners would signup to own because it's less of a task because of the shorter season. WOW that sounds like a problem we have RIGHT NOW

3) Players will be more willing to play for shit teams because it's a small season...Would you rather stay on a shit team for 5 weeks or 9 weeks?

CONS:
    1) We stray a little further from replicating realism in the NHL, AHL, and CHL.

LG isn't the NHL, AHL, CHL just like NHL 20 isn't the actual NHL. Back to the 20 minute period thing, there's a reason periods are shorter; it's so players don't get burnt out by one game. You gotta stop fixating on being as real and replicated as possible. There are some things where putting your own spin on it makes it more fun for the community.

I'm truly baffled this isn't being seriously considered. It would fucking solve so many problems

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. Breaky

Breaky Glue guy

Discord:
    Breaky#7169
    Ratings:
    +1,003 / 81 / -128
    Roster reset and paid AGM need to happen.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. RGDeded

RGDeded Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,213 / 47 / -134
    @LG McDonald

Just a few reads https://imgur.com/a/WFkLe2q

This is the type of shit owners deal with and why people do not want to manage.

When I asked you earlier to go over some things on how we can make the league better you told me stop being selfish and help the league and when i declined you told me not to let the door hit me on the way out.

I have plenty more dealings with staff I can bring up but Im not really in the mood to dig deeper. It has been difficult to communicate with you at times and as an owner it seems like most discussions will turn into arguements and then we get shit for it.

As far as shorty goes we know bogs and owners who have stepped down directly because of him. If you go through and read some of my dealings with him and the way he responds(if i am lucky) why would I want to invest countless hours into something when I know that every step of the way will be contested with somebody who is supposed to help. Discuss issues with somebody but not get ignored or made fun of.

I honestly used to enjoy shorty as a member of staff but over the seasons he has become more arrogant. Giving + / - and emojis to managers for insulting eachother. Chirping and trolling people more than he helps. Telling me Ac requests needs to come from players but suspending dan when he was digging for a punishment. There is a long list of issues that I have had brought up to me during mgmt and I will not expose that as they were brought to me in secrecy as somebody managers trust with information. This is just a tid bit of my dealings with shorty over the last 2 seasons.

P.s dont ban me and lets make LG great again!

• Like x 10
    • Winner x 3
    • Get Good x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Informative x 1
    ReallyGooodDad
  18. S-mxrs-H

S-mxrs-H Well-Known Member

Discord:
    smarshy.#0
    Ratings:
    +646 / 44 / -120
    I would 100% deposit money as an owner to solidify a spot and if you get banned or don’t finish season you don’t get your money back. It would be a great way to hold those accountable and I’m sure I’m not the only one. Then at end of season if owners stuck around and play it out. they can get their money back or if they would like to return they can just keep that money in deposit for next season and they don’t have to give anything else etc.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. Doanxr

Doanxr Can’t play cause of rumors

Ratings:
    +221 / 22 / -45
    Don’t fire shorty

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. Hansum Horty

Discord:
    hansum_horty#0
    Ratings:
    +832 / 54 / -127
    you are right. And we want the best players owning. But that isn’t the case right now. At least you said something useful tho instead of just Get Good’ing it.

And the benefit to owning also is that you get to pick who you play with. It shouldn’t be a free salary. That’s not realistic at all.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    No Streaming Account