Please Vote! LGHL Ownership Dillema

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by xJLucas, Jan 23, 2020.

?

What would make you take an ownership spot

1. If NHL 20 was a better game

26.7%
  2. Remove/Reduce the expensive ban buyouts

6.9%
  3. Free Platinum for those in Management positions

25.2%
  4. Free ESHL buy-ins for those in Management

8.9%
  5. Shorter Seasons

12.4%
  6. Amend the LG Rulebook

8.4%
  7. Shorty stepping down as commish

39.1%
  8. I’m not worth a free contract

34.7%
  9. I’m a G

10.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TeachMe18

TeachMe18 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +67 / 6 / -2
    2 seasons per game copy, same length. It will extend the off seasons to give more time to pick owners and implement new rules. Might be able to work the schedule so we don’t have to take 2 weeks off in between playoffs:

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    Our discussion in the chat from yesterday I stated that I was not going to reach out because we are on opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to our opinion of what the problems are.

rehashing some of the discussions I’ve personally had with you, you personally have made some stupid decisions as a manager. Look at the stuff with Kcut as an example. Then you troll a team into a forfeit we had to fix. I am not sure how you want me to respond when you like that?

You begged for a role in an ownership seasons ago and we decided it was time to give you that opportunity regardless if the community didn’t full support it. Personally I feel you did extremely well in the role but inconsistency snuck in a few times and then I had to hold you accountable for those issues.

you and I have also had length discussions about ideas and I’ve entertained some of your thoughts before, so by all means if you want to put the effort in again privately or whatever I’ll gladly read it and discuss it.

the league is going to be okay without you as owner. I think you did well and would clearly like to keep you in the role but you not being in the role isn’t going to fold the website. I think my opinion of your comments was that the sky was falling when in reality things are just changing.

I can’t and won’t speak for shorty. That’s a bridge you both have to mend. But at the end of the day there are a ton of managers I interact with and never have a negative experience which because they always do what is expected, they don’t flirt with grey issues or conduct issues and they use the resources at hand. I’ve asked over and over again for issues to be sent to the entire NHL staff and not just a single guy in discord chat. I don’t make those requests to be an asshole and I know discord is easier. But to ensure you get the best level of service sometimes following what I ask is the only way to accomplish those things.

perhaps a break from manager will be good for you. I think you did well in the role and maybe in the future you’ll return.

• Like Like x 5
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  3. DEC3PTIVE 1

DEC3PTIVE 1 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    DEC3PTIVE 1#7676
    Ratings:
    +240 / 19 / -23
    @LG McDonald

if we are intent on keeping the 82 games, is it plausible to increase games per week to 12 so each line would then play 4 games/week? This would then reduce the regular season to 7 weeks. 3-3-3-3 schedule with minimum avail being 2 nights/week. Downfall here would be a little more time/effort required for line scheduling but nets a shorter season.

Also, the no free contracts idea actually sounds intriguing, but maybe something to try in the CHL first and may only ever work there. Positives i see from this:

- Would eliminate free contract gm/agm's that actually have no interest in managing.
    - Would encourage players to play in the most appropriate league.
    - Encourage more manage applications in the upper leagues while creating more competitive balance the lower leagues.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Exploring: Petrified Valley
    No Streaming Account
  4. NINETY ElGHT

NINETY ElGHT Warning Group

Discord:
    Ninety Elght#9689
    Ratings:
    +827 / 29 / -86
    Shorty isn't to blame, its the system that's in place. 99.9 percent of the community wouldn't take Shortys's job even if it was a paid position. There is a reason most NFL players hate Roger Goodell, He is the Judge, Jury, and executioner. There needs to be a checks and balance system put in place. When one guy is handing down the punishments, bans, suspensions, etc is can look bias. I will be the 1st one to admit I have had multiple issues with some of the rulings this past season. There needs to be a better system put in place.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    NINETYElght
  5. x Rollinj x

x Rollinj x Flint for life.. GAT for now

Discord:
    Rollinj S36 Best Hair#6620
    Ratings:
    +939 / 106 / -170
    How about give guys with 10 seasons of management experience a team.. just cause they haven't played in the N.. actually means nothing.. you have multiple guys who have tried to own for 5 or more seasons, only to be told no.. I've been around hockey since 1984.. and management on LG for 10:seasons. I think guys like me have shown we are capable and ready .. it's time to give us a chance..

• Like Like x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. JayyDubski

JayyDubski LGCHL Director

Discord:
    dayoungbuck#0
    Ratings:
    +3,457 / 325 / -613
    Instead of trying to jump from being just over .500 in the CHL directly to the NHL, you should try and manage in the AHL first. Earn your rep there, work your way up like most of us have had to do.

• Like Like x 6
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    DaYoungBuck
  7. x Rollinj x

x Rollinj x Flint for life.. GAT for now

Discord:
    Rollinj S36 Best Hair#6620
    Ratings:
    +939 / 106 / -170
    I wouldn't be near .500 if I didn't stay around my first five seasons and try and help new owners , until I got my own team.. but I'll look into it for ya

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Matt4for4

Matt4for4 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    matt4for4#0
    Ratings:
    +322 / 8 / -12
    Maybe incorporate a subjective pay scale for owners based on their history. Give people who may be great owners but only average skill more incentive to become a manager. Community may be missing out on a group of people who could be great managers because of the fact you need to be elite skill owner/gm usually to compete.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Landy Byng

Landy Byng hockey

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 124 / -181
    “Work your way up like most of us have had to do”

That doesn’t include you, right?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. JayyDubski

JayyDubski LGCHL Director

Discord:
    dayoungbuck#0
    Ratings:
    +3,457 / 325 / -613
    I've managed in every league.

• Like Like x 1
    DaYoungBuck
  11. Landy Byng

Landy Byng hockey

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 124 / -181
    lol you already know what I’m talking about. You’re not even a .500 player in the AHL my guy. Plus you haven’t even made a playoff team in the AHL. Yikes. You also did some pretty sketchy things in one of your two full seasons in the CHL. I don’t think you have the right to talk about stats/records and working your way up.

As you were

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    While I agree with some of what you said, without getting into anything public I'm just going to leave it as there's a stark difference in how things have been handled since Winston stepped down that has for me at least made me completely unwilling to take any management role.

Also the Goodell analogy, he works for the owners and his job is to take the brunt of the negative PR that would otherwise be directed at them. It doesn't necessarily make what you said incorrect, but it's basically the exact opposite of what's going on here.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Hansum Horty

Hansum Horty Well-Known Member

Discord:
    hansum_horty#0
    Ratings:
    +832 / 54 / -127
    NO FREE CONTRACTS!!!!!

It’s the only way :)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. TPForMyBungCole

TPForMyBungCole Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +154 / 12 / -15
    Incentives (possibly cash) for winners isn't a bad idea! All they get today is a cup emblem? That is nothing to play 3 seasons on a duster of a game. This is kind of playing off what RGD said. What if we fundraise like ESHL in some way and incentivize the management for placement in the season. If not, whats the point of even playing a game you hate? Participation from good players is needed to keep the league afloat through this edition till 21! Nowadays people can get 6 of their buddies and go play ESHL with no headaches about babysitting, people showing up to games, or people complaining about a trade and quitting. Managers hate that stuff and I didn't even do it in N. I couldn't imagine being in N managements shoes season in and season out.

No Streaming Account
  15. TheHeroicDuck

TheHeroicDuck Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theheroicduck#0
    Ratings:
    +1,215 / 13 / -60
    too many virgins will cheat if we put money on the line

• Winner Winner x 15
    TheHeroicDuck
  16. BKGuapo

BKGuapo Well-Known Member

Discord:
    bkguapo#0
    Ratings:
    +253 / 73 / -57
    Have management contracts based on previous bidding cost. It doesn't have to be 10 mil because that defeats the purpose and would stop good players from managing. There has to be some way to even the playing field when a goalie wants to own vs a top fwd. Even if an owner with previous expensive contracts were given a 5ish mil owner discount it would still allow lesser skilled players to have a shot at competing.

A good owner/gm literally gives a team a 15 mil cap advantage. Same teams same owners is not a coincidence

Also stop blaming the site/Bogs for enforcing league policy, y'all are a bunch of trolls

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. SQUADCAV16

SQUADCAV16 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    squadcav16#0
    Ratings:
    +102 / 1 / -2
    In theory the points made here are pretty good. The reality is that regardless of the length of the season, you’re gonna have people complaining. Whether it be about getting stuck on a bad team or not getting to play with ‘friends’ etc.
    What attracted me to LG in the first place was the SIM aspect. The stat tracking, the full seasons, the playoffs, the career progression, etc.
    From what I know about burnout, it’s rarely a result of performing the actual job/activity. The burnout comes from things associated with the job (the external factors). Its the ‘toxic’ people in the team chats or the chat box saying stuff they wouldn’t say in real life. The nagging from players either asking to be moved or to play with specific people. The Divas. The EA bullshit etc. The season length isn’t going to fix that.
    When you look at an actual job, you have vacation for a reason. To prevent burnout. They offer workshops on it. Take a season off. Anyone that I’ve talked to that has taken a season off has always came back looking to play—feeling refreshed.
    If you shorten the season, all of those factors are still gonna be there the next season.
    A lot of people get on NHL to have fun and be competitive. Not to pull up discord and get slapped in the face by multiple pissing contests.

The SIM aspect is what separates LG from other online leagues, I don’t think that should change.
    What HAS changed are the players (in general). Too thin skinned at times, too entitled, too selfish. I don’t see those things going away. We see just how much of a ‘players league’ this is. No rule changes are going to eliminate player attitude.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. Hansum Horty

Hansum Horty Well-Known Member

Discord:
    hansum_horty#0
    Ratings:
    +832 / 54 / -127
    A goalie duo make the perfect management in a system that everyone has a cap hit. They can be in every game.
    Guys switching positions would screw with it tho.

No Streaming Account
  19. Anttzy-

Anttzy- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Chief#9925
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 244 / -506
    I posted my response to this same thread on the PSN side:

Can't say I really understand the point of this post.

If anybody decides to be an owner bc if "free plat" or whatever bribe then they're doing it for the wrong reasons.

Fact of the matter is, people don't want to own because babysitting the players in this community is a daunting job. A job for free nonetheless. People who want to step up for ownership get criticized because of their lack of experience or their level of talent which then makes them recant their application.

Speaking off of personal experience because I was an owner for four seasons, and about to return, it absolutely blows. People don't show up, they bitch about their line mates, they cry because the team isn't doing that great, they throw a tantrum because they can't jerk off to their own stats on a website. BUT, for some reason I'm coming back because it's a personal hobby of mine that makes NHL fun for me. But then again I'm nuts.

TL;DR : community blows thus the lack of ownership applications

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 4
    zChieef
  20. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    How would you make it shorter but keep enough games in a season to ensure the playoff structure is supported. Looking at the 82 games, it offers the best option for divisional and no divisional games.

Just curious where t
    That is how I saw it too.

6 weeks at 12 games, one week at 10 games . cuts two weeks out

Game times would need to be like 3-3-3-3 tho

• Winner Winner x 4
    LeagueGamingOfficial