LGHL PSN S15 Draft Grades -- Presented by Rick Heinz Goalie School

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by Ducksfanwaterloo, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Ducksfanwaterloo

Ducksfanwaterloo Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ducksfanwaterloo#0978
    Ratings:
    +1,113 / 21 / -65
    Hey there, since I usually live for the draft and only had 1 pick this season, I felt the need to do a little writeup grading how each team did in the draft.

I won't be ranking every single pick, just how the team did overall while pointing out a pick or two that I liked from the team. Draft grades are based off of how well I think they did in potentially picking NHL talent.

This took a hell of a long time, so ratings are appreciated <3

Gonna start alphabetically, so first up is...

:team31: Anaheim Ducks: C+

Not having a pick until the late 2nd round definitely hurts their grade a bit. Luckily for Anaheim, they had a ton of returning contracts, so they really don't need to worry about potentially not drafting any NHLers. With that said, the reason I didn't give them a lower grade is that I do believe they found really good value in drafting @TheCalder_Perron in the third round. He's someone who can raise way above his draft number if he's given an opportunity.

:team28:Arizona Coyotes: A
    When I was first looking at how Arizona's roster was constructed, I was quite perplexed. It's quite rare to see a team spend nearly all the way to the cap (mainly on forwards) before bidding, let alone the fact that they only had two roster dmen while doing this. But, then on draft day they traded Pelley to free up cap space, and proceeded to hit on every single defenceman they drafted. @lNoScxpe96l is a very good piece, he's a dman with very high potential in my view. I had him ranked in the top 15 easily. @xxMorra is also a guy who I thought would've been drafted higher than his position.

Not to mention Arizona also selected a couple nice forwards in @Lanslay and @snipe9493. Overall a great draft! Only reason I didn't give them an A+ is because I don't believe they drafted any superstar talent.

:team2:Boston Bruins: A-
    Bienvenue à le Mondyshow! This draft has Mondy's handprints written all over it, as Boston selected one of Mondy's buddies in @bwubzz, as well as a guy who has thumbs so good for a dman I thought he was a QC when I first played against him in @JustGiroux. Both are terrific picks, and will help Boston make waves in the Atlantic (no pun intended) for the entirety of their contracts.

:team18:Buffalo Sabres: N/A (no picks)

:team29:Calgary Flames: N/A (no picks)

:team74:Carolina Hurricanes: B-
    This was a prototypical @JClaus33 draft. What I mean by this, is that I have no clue who the hell any of the players are that Josh picked, but supposedly he picked someone's cousin, and a goalie in @FlyersNation17 who's a dude on twitter who plays 2k with @BoKnows____, which means that he must be good. I'm sure Josh picked up at least one NHLer from the bargain bin as he usually does, with the potential for a higher grade if I can figure out who he drafted.

:team75:Chicago Blackhawks: N/A (no picks)

:team8:Colorado Avalanche: A-
    Colorado only had one pick in this draft, but they certainly made it count. They selected @x_Sasky_x 8th overall, who is a LD that has the potential to be the best dman selected in the draft. Some people may have been wary because he's from Calgary, but people from Calgary usually get 40-50 ping, which really isn't that bad. All in all, Colorado lives up to their rep of selecting players we'll look back on in a couple seasons and wonder how they dropped so far.

:team6:Columbus Blue Jackets: A
    @cmess- loves his QC's, and he was able to draft a couple of goodies here in @X_Mick_14 and @Sam-x99. Once every few weeks I'll play club with a guy who I've never heard of, then instantly look them up in LG to see if they're draft eligible to see if I found a sleeper. That's exactly what happened when I played club with @Sam-x99 a few days ago. Sam and Mick are both legit NHLers, who apparently have family ties to @Stiivii-66, so if Columbus can grab Stiivi in bidding for some family chemistry, these two are poised to post very respectable numbers in the NHL.

This isn't even to mention @conmann93, a LD they selected 7th overall who also has very high potential. Overall a great draft, Columbus was able to stock the cupboards with good drafted players as Cmess always does.

:team9:Dallas Stars: N/A (TBNK @MikeyD I7I!)

:team10:Detroit Red Wings: B+
    Smirknee's entire tank from last season depends on whether or not @xmorin67x is alive for his draft contract. He's a guy who was a highly touted prospect when he first broke into LG in S11, but then he fell asleep for 3 seasons. If the same thing happens again, @SomeoneStopMePls is in big trouble after parading around telling everyone who would listen how great of a rebuild he is doing.

With that being said, Detroit also selected @GiveMeSesh, who is a RD who could pick up a lot of steam if he can properly adjust to the NHL game. He's a guy who you probably recognize from the SB. He grinds the game a lot which is exactly what you want to see from a 1st round pick, so hopefully he make Smirk look like a genius after dropping to 20th overall.

Detroit's draft grade could easily jump into the A's if Sesh and Morin live up to their potentials.

p.s. the Smirk chirps are all in good fun, you've built a hell of a team going into bidding so far, Smirk!

:team11:Edmonton Oilers: A+
    @eastons- grabs a rare A+ in my draft grades just based off the quantity and quality of high level players he was able to select. @BoKnows____ is someone who is jumping over to the 6s community after primarily being a 1v1 player, and he has certainly been grinding the game enough to make this transition a smooth one.

After Bo, Eastons was able to select a duo of defencemen in @Roysay and @Joffman76 who are two of the top 5 dmen in the draft according to some people. Both are players I am not too familiar with, but from the people I've talked to Joffman is someone who has the potential to be among the top 10-15 LD's in the NHL.

The only way Edmonton does not become a dynasty solely based off of this draft is if @x_Pepsi8_x gets in the way of things, which is certainly something that is in the realm of possibilities. Overall a fantastic draft by @eastons-!

:team23:Florida Panthers: B
    Even without having a selection in the first round @DeMxrco8 was able to draft a couple of players with NHL potential in @RedrZ_ and @yung96. Both are not big names, but if they grind the game enough I believe they have the smarts to make a contribution if Jojo gives them the chance.

:team76:Los Angeles Kings: N/A (no picks)

:team30:Minnesota Wild: C-
    With only one late 3rd rounder as their only selection, it's difficult to grade the Wild's draft as anything other than a C-. I'm sure this selection was done by their AHL management, and honestly I don't know a whole lot about who they drafted, so I'll just leave it at that.

Who knows, maybe @DbxSwanson becomes the next 3rd round biggie and shoves it up my hoop!

:team5:Montreal Canadiens: A-
    @KBI13I was able to build a 2 season dynasty in Edmonton a couple seasons ago solely based off of his draft selections, and with this draft he is looking to do the same thing. @Meso_Trippie is a player who brings mixed reviews, as some are very high on him (as KB obviously is), while others think he will struggle at the NHL level. Only time will tell here, but I believe that if KB is able to get Meso on that 3s grind, there's a good chance Meso lives up to his potential.

KB was also able to grab @xC a r d i 8 who is a player that I had quite high on my draft board. In the games I watched of him, he was able to play off of high level players at an effective rate, which makes me think that he will have no issues jumping into the NHL to play on either of the top two lines.

:team77:Nashville Predators: N/A (no picks)

:team7:New Jersey Devils: C+
    After getting the absolute dicking by @HumbleOne_- in terms of returning assets, there was not a whole lot the Devils were able to do on the draft floor. Grabbing quality players from a quartet of late third round picks is something that is very difficult to do, however I do believe New Jersey made the best of their situation. @Fow3158 has been doing a ton of scouting in recent days so I'm sure he was able to get a player or two that he likes, but other than that all I see is AHL depth, if that.

With that said, unless I've been getting trolled by @PieR Talent for the past 3 weeks about @Jakedasnake-Qc, he's a goalie that from what I've heard has a chance to make somewhat of an impact at the NHL level. Hopefully it works out for you guys!

:team27:New York Islanders: B+
    One of the worst kept secrets in the draft was @JaYI77I's desire to draft his HUT buddy @Hullzyy_. Luckily for Jay, no one ruined the parade as Hullzy fell all the way to nearly the bottom of the first round. He's a player that I believe is a boom or bust pick. If he commits to playing 6s, he's going to be a hell of a player. But, as is something we've seen in the past, if he sticks to only playing HUT and only hops on 6s for LG games, then he's someone who I think could fizzle quickly. Hoping for the best with this pick!

Hullzy wasn't the only one the Isles were able to haul in, as they also selected a player in @xSpeevy who has a bit of a chip on his shoulder after dropping to the 2nd round. When I see Speevy, I see a player works his ass off, and is someone who definitely has the desire to be a good NHLer. Only time will tell if he can reach his peak!

:team12:New York Rangers: A
    I'll just start off by saying that the only reason that the Rangers didn't receive an A+ is because they skipped their last pick in the draft! Rookie move!

However, perhaps the reason they skipped their last pick is because of the haul they were able to rein in with all their other selections. Pick after pick for the Rangers left me wondering how no one else was picking the players they were. In my opinion, they had one of the top 3 drafts in the league, and a large part of that was the fact that so many golden eggs fell into their lap.

To start, they were able to take @JonnyR-93 (LD) and @Love 2 Rag (LW) who are two players that will have an immediate impact in the NHL. Both are fantastic picks. On top of this, they were able to snag (one season of) @x NyM 75 at 17, and a player who I think will surprise some people in @Weather_Disaster in the 2nd round. Now, I understand that they are only getting one season of NyM since he retired before the draft, however at pick #17 I still believe that this is fantastic value for them, and something that was perfect for them to do given the plethora of draft picks they had.\

Overall, a really quality draft by @Chellyy-26 and the boys, they did a terrific job!

:team20:Ottawa Senators: N/A (no picks)

:team4:Philadelphia Flyers: A++++
    I understand it's usually not kosher for the author to rank his own team in rankings such as this, but when you get the opportunity to select a player like @BoilyHP you absolutely have to pimp it out for the league to see. In Boily, the Flyers are able to have someone under contract for 2 seasons at only 2mil, who is really someone who is worth at least 4 times this amount.

196 points with a 24-0-0 record speaks for itself as far as stats go, and I have no reason to believe Boily can't carry this success (albeit at a lesser point total) in the NHL.

Boily is a player who is able to make anyone he plays against look extremely silly. I've been watching him play with his ESHL team over the past week, and the quality of players he is able to go up against and dance around is truly astonishing. Boily is simply not a talent that you see very often in the draft, so to be able to draft someone of his calibre is certainly an LG dream come true.

With the quality of players that Boily will find himself surrounded by in Philadelphia, he is absolutely the early favourite for the Calder in my opinion.

Je t'aime, Boily <3

:team78:Pittsburgh Penguins: B
    I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of players that the penguins were able to select given their draft position. I think the scary thing that the rest of the league should be worried about from Pittsburgh's draft is the fact that they drafted at least 5 QC players. A player like @SpiRal_Qc is almost certainly going to make an NHL impact, but if at least one of the other players can chip in, this is a great draft for @LOopSx91x.

:team15:San Jose Sharks: N/A (no picks)

:team421: :team421: Seattle Kraken: A
    For a team who didn't pick until 22 overall, an A grade is a testament to how many quality players that @bonwl was able to grab throughout this draft. Earlier today he made the claim that he was able to draft an NHLer in every round, and I certainly can't dispute that.

Seattle's first selection is @Txrcotte, who is someone that I've seen Bonwl play quite a few times with in club, which makes me think that they are potentially destined to be on a line together to start the season. Consider this a good thing for Seattle, as Turcotte is someone who has great thumbs and vision, as is exemplified through his point totals in the CHL.

However, Bonwl's pick at 37 is someone who I truly have a lot of time for. @Ucci34 is someone who you likely recognize from the SB, as he is someone who is constantly looking to improve his game while playing against good competition. If I had to point out any flaw's in Ucci's game as a RD, I would say he would need to work on his consistency in order to truly become an impact NHLer. There are games I play with him where I'm blown away by his ability to clamp down and work the breakout, but then there are games where I am left wondering if I'm playing with the same guy. All in all, Ucci is fantastic value at 37, and in my opinion is someone who can jump into the top 15 in re-drafts in seasons to come.

I could truly go on pimping up Bonwl's picks, but I don't want this post to become too much of a Bon Stan thread, so I'll just leave it at that :p

:team3:St. Louis Blues: B-
    The Blues only had one selection in this draft, and in my opinion took a bit of a flier in @Catigory. Catigory is someone who is switching over from LW in his draft year where he put up some quality numbers, to LD, which does bring a risk element for St. Louis. Of course this means that Catigory could become one of those great offensive defencemen that every team looks for, or it means that Catigory could become one of those lackadaisical LD's who gets lost in the defensive zone. I still have belief in him that he can make an impact in the NHL at some point, but if not then he is certainly terrific depth to have stored down in the AHL.

:team21:Tampa Bay Lightning: B+
    The Tampa Bay Lightning are another team who only had one selection in this draft, as they traded @Mugfart (Leafs30-) for the opportunity to select @rtc_king. Rtc_King seems to be one of those sneaky QC players that @LaFleuR11 always seems to snag in the draft, so I have no reason to believe that Rtc won't make an impact in the NHL. The fact that Tampa was willing to part with a high quality player in Leafs for Rtc speaks volumes in my eyes, and shows just how much Tampa must value him. All the best on this pick, Laf!

:team1:Toronto Maple Leafs: (N/A (no picks)

:team17:Vancouver Canucks: A-
    The excitement of the draft started at pick #3 in my opinion, as the top two selections were pretty much decided weeks in advance. At #3, Vancouver selected @Crazy-_-Houle who is a premier two-way centreman. I was first introduced to Houle in a random FNP event, where I was playing goalie for him and his two close buds Mondy and @SirGab-, and right away I was impressed with what he could do. Mind you, this was nearly 3 months ago, and from what I've heard he has only gotten better.

Houle is a player who has the desire to become a Top C in this league which is exactly what you want from any drafted player, let alone a player who has a high chance of achieving this goal. From what I've heard from Gab he is also a great guy, and someone who is willing to take all criticisms in order to improve his game.

:team676:Vegas Golden Knights: A+
    The great debate on this draft was who the Vegas Golden Knights should take 1st overall. In my opinion, I think they did the best thing for their team in picking @OwnTheBlue. Not only is OTB an elite Centreman, but he is also someone who is apparently close with KC, with the two of them having a good amount of chemistry with each other.

OTB is someone who I haven't seen play a lot bunch, but whenever I have seen him play he absolutely cooks the competition. I had the pleasure of playing Goalie against him last season when he ECU'd against the Rangers, and some of the things he was able to do with the puck was truly mind boggling. From what I've heard, his transition to NHL 21 has been seamless, so I would expect nothing less than a 20+ Win season in his rookie year, which is exactly what you're looking for in the #1 selection.

Add onto this the fact that he's only 2mil, and Vegas truly was able to pick a gem here.

I know it couldn't have been an easy decision for @KingClutch x 77, but the way I looked at it just the ability to draft a player of OTB or Boily's quality is something that shouldn't be taken for granted. We both lucked into outstanding players!

(Pour ce que ca vaut, j'aurais quand meme pris Boily en premier, mais c'est d'ailleurs le fait :p)

:team14:Washington Capitals: N/A (no picks)

:team391:Winnipeg Jets: C-
    I apologize to @BRANN-THE-MANN, but aside from the fact that I've seen his name a few times before in the SB, I really don't have a gauge on how good of a player he is. Being the only draft pick of Winnipeg, it is tough to award a good grade here, so my apologies Greek <3

Thanks for reading! Like I said at the beginning, the Draft is something I look forward to every season in LG, and with only having one pick I had to find another way to regurgitate my share of draft knowledge :D

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 24
    • Like Like x 16
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Ducksfanwaterloo1
  2. Hra-ow

Hra-ow Hra

Ratings:
    +1,448 / 166 / -472
    Best way to draft is have no picks!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    hraow
  3. Levac27

Levac27 Most LG playoffs games played in NHL 20 seasons

Discord:
    Levac27#5851
    Ratings:
    +310 / 54 / -161
    Catigory is a solid D. Hopefully you will have a chance to see him play more.
    Outside of that I like your write-up. There is so much description in your content you should do the same for bidding ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Levac27
  4. Lxcente

Lxcente Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Lucente#7288
    Ratings:
    +103 / 12 / -16
    Great post man. Unfortunately, had too many people talking at once during our last pick and Chelly wasn't able to make the decision in time. It is what it is :/

We still deserve the A+ though! :laugh:

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Ducksfanwaterloo

Discord:
    ducksfanwaterloo#0978
    Ratings:
    +1,113 / 21 / -65

Hahaha it happens to the best of us, maybe in a review of the draft in later seasons you guys will get your A+!

• Winner Winner x 1
    Ducksfanwaterloo1
  6. Doranz-

Doranz- Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +166 / 3 / -19
    Baloukxd will be rookie of the year

• Winner Winner x 1
    adxmi1i
  7. Mondsy--

Mondsy-- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Mondsy-#1734
    Ratings:
    +505 / 18 / -94
    Bien joue Ducks Belle ecriture!

• Winner Winner x 1
    vermyy91
  8. Ducksfanwaterloo

Discord:
    ducksfanwaterloo#0978
    Ratings:
    +1,113 / 21 / -65
    Merci mon ami!

• Winner Winner x 1
    Ducksfanwaterloo1
  9. Mlvzz

Mlvzz Well-Known Member

Discord:
    pxnarin.#0
    Ratings:
    +1,070 / 9 / -35
    @Lxcente dont lie to us we all knew you were about to draft pucky but the sheer excitement of imagining the king in a Rangers sweater was too much for you to bear and thus you were all paralyzed and unable to make the selection.

• Funny Funny x 4
    pxnarin_
  10. JaYI77I

JaYI77I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +394 / 2 / -8
    Great writeup @Ducksfanwaterloo , Hullzyy and Speevy were guys we were extremely happy to fall to us. Just one thing though, you're missing out on the young gun @TTV_Bruins460 , look out for him.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  11. Cokenetsxv

Cokenetsxv Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Cokenetsxv#0092
    Ratings:
    +296 / 15 / -38
    This writeup is fantastic, thanks for the awesome media! I hope you'll do something similar for bidding.:)

• Winner Winner x 1
    TheAlliane96
  12. xCmess

xCmess Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +93 / 8 / -5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    cmessplays
  13. Ducksfanwaterloo

Discord:
    ducksfanwaterloo#0978