LGHL PSN Season 6 Eastern Conference Playoff Preview (Round 1)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by JClaus33, Dec 18, 2017.

1. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    Yes, it's finally here. I expected to have this done about 4 days ago and then proceeded to be either super busy or trashed every day since then. Regardless, I got it done in the end, so I hope you guys enjoy :)

Disclaimer, I did most of this before games started tonight, the only one I had left to do was Carolina and the Islanders, so I just said what I was planning to say before the series. I'm planning on doing the west as well, and I'll just make the predictions regardless of what has happened on night one.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Atlantic:

Florida (WC2) vs Boston (A1)

This is a matchup that I didn't expect to be possible 4 weeks ago. Florida looked like they were headed for a top 5 pick and showed no sign of having what it took to be a playoff team. Then, as suddenly, as they were terrible, if you blinked, you missed them do a complete roster overhaul in about a week. With @Primetimme running the show now with @Issa x Geno sorta being pushed out of his own team and stepping down (RIP), Florida appears to be primed to at the very least give Boston a series.

Boston has basically been on top of their division since week 1, and stayed on top, despite the late surges from Ottawa, Detroit, and Toronto. Rookie owner @DomSquad100 has done a really commendable job in his first go about in charge. However, we will see if all the line matching practice he had in the regular season will pay off in the playoffs. Boston is also now down their #1/#2 d man (Depends who you ask) after TerryTor caught a 6 month site ban so we will see how they adjust.

Projected Lines:
    FLA
    @The5thLine - @Primetimme - @xOvechkinx l8l
    @VII-Clark-XIX - @oraclerampage - @eGodJumps
    @Habsfan675 - @Baertschi_47 - @BK_0994

@xGonzo l7l - @MrPurpleCrush
    @ryofthebeholder - @VanishingPoint92
    @ceeg87 - @GuaP0W

@JDoolus
    @Str8Syko__

BOS
    @DomSquad100 - @j_marz25 - @JJ-Finesse-
    @ItsAGlitchGoalEh - @AgentSooksta008 - @Holy_Coley
    @Krazy-try - @CoachSamy - @FUQT

@Dxwny - @Pastahnak
    @Rico Suave FLS - @TheKaner_88
    @joestud18 - @Atboud

@Maximuss001
    @snake16doctor

Prediction: The Florida turnaround has been massive, and very impressive. I think they have enough in this roster to give Boston a serious run. That being said, I feel like Boston just has too much quality depth, and the loss of Terry won't affect them just yet. So long as the Bruins' top line doesn't choke, they should win this series.

Boston in 6
    ______________________________________________________________________________________

Detroit (A3) vs Ottawa (A2)

A lot of people have the Dallas-Colorado series pegged as the most interesting series of round 1, but this matchup pits 2 of the league's hottest teams since the trade deadline, as the Atlantic division turned into an absolute battle between the top 4 teams by the end of it.
    Detroit is a team that really surprised me this season, as I had them as a probable playoff team before the season, but didn't see them as a team that could really do much come playoff time due to their perceived lack of forward depth. They've proven that to not be an issue as they've kept their lines together most of the season and their 1-2 punch of @DDW4 and @aREAP__ down the middle have shown that they're both able to win games. The top 2 pairs of @soccaplaya11 - @nyBARISny and @mattperrault - @VINCE-PAWER have also shown that in this version of the league, they are top tier.

Ottawa is probably one of the most skilled teams in the league, led by their owner @KingClutch x 77, the last 4-5 weeks of the season they really picked it up after a slow start, and played how many expected them to all season. They have both top end talent and quality depth, and have players that have shown they can perform in big games. This is a team that is a favorite to come out of the east.

Projected Lines:
    DET

@iFishyHD - @DDW4 - @TGil36
    @Live_by_SIN - @aREAP__ - @lDatsyuk13l
    @Bartlett--91 - @BigFreeze064 - @Dangletownsniper

@soccaplaya11 - @nyBARISny
    @mattperrault - @VINCE-PAWER
    @Austin2997 - @Mahon_SoLo

@Yoshi_swagger
    @WhatsTheMaatta

OTT:
    @Who_AreU- - @KingClutch x 77 - @i9-Stamkos-1i
    @Jim Benning - @Polgz- - @Prince-Of-Zeus
    @SiDD_05 - @matthuot87 - @xDubz47

@Fewch_ - @canuckftc12W
    @fulltrottle911 - @XIBIGMUMMYIX
    @Kipperboy33 - @ShroomSmoke

@JT x 11
    @TheBipolarJew69

Prediction: The people voted approximately 70-30 in favor of Ottawa in this series, and personally I have a hard time disagreeing with this. Regardless of how this goes, Detroit needs to win in 6 or fewer, cause game 7 is going to Alaska, and I know Detroit would be miserable playing on that connection. I think Ottawa just has too much talent, disappointing that this has to be a first round matchup cause both of these teams are very good.

Ott in 6

Metropolitan:

Toronto (WC1) vs Columbus (M1)

I hope Columbus has some extra motivation, after Toronto pulled some really sketchy stuff on the last day of the regular season to put themselves on this side of the eastern bracket. The winner of this series should, in all likelihood find themselves in the ECF.

Toronto as a team really impresses me, their depth is good, their top 2 lines are very solid, and they have a very good d core for the league this season. I think their X factor for this series is if @OohDat-Twiggle_ can find his game and get playoff wins for them. They'll be without @AAli-21 for a game, as he got a 1 game suspension for the previously mentioned sketchy stuff, so Twiggle and his line can't afford to drop a game if Toronto wants to come out of this series on top.

The defending champs are back in the playoffs, after cruising to the title of arguably the weakest division in 6 seasons on PSN so far. The core is mostly intact from last year's team, though it is a bit interesting how it played out for them. Their 105 points would've been good for 5th in the Atlantic division, which means the 1 seed from one side finished with fewer points than their wildcard opponent. A rather odd scenario, but I think most still see Columbus as the favorite.

Projected Lines:

TOR

@MarcoGoes5H0LE - @AAli-21 - @I8l_Nik_I6l
    @Guccimane50 - @OohDat-Twiggle_ - @Arch_AzeK
    @Bardownski69 - @CFairman7 - @Tekk112

@PteCyr - @l-Knees-l
    @dudeman ryo - @Leg_al
    @x_jack24bauer_x - @ItsAPurpleDragon

@ses-DRAGON-ses
    @NH4JP

CBJ
    @vxWoytkiw8xv - @I-JF5-I - @Zam x 93
    @II-Amazing-ll - @MikexMassacre - @Ethos Jinx
    @CelpHxTitleD506 - @RBCressor - @FullyDynamic

@II-Entryy-II - @Canadas__Game416
    @Desyd19 - @RSall14
    @Nick_x_98 - @CJohnston_19

@balake96
    @IRev1S

Prediction: I think Aali having to miss a game will cost his team one game in the series, and frankly I think that's the difference in who wins. To me that will change the way lines are matched and I think for this Toronto team specifically it will be too much.

CBJ in 5.

Carolina (M3) vs New York Islanders (M2)

This one is only a matchup your mother could love. The metro division just wasn't very good this season, and this matchup is essentially the toilet bowl of this seasons' LG playoffs. Not to say neither team has anything interesting or good going for them, but on paper anyway, most people would have both of these teams losing to every single other playoff team in a series. Does that mean it will happen? No, and this series could turn out to be super entertaining, but only time will tell.

Carolina jumped out of the gate the first few weeks, outperforming my expectations of them for a mile, and then basically limped their way to the playoffs over the last 5-6 weeks. The only division that would've worked out for them is the one they are in, so for that I give props. Also Kerslake is pretty good and he's a nice lad.

The Islanders spent over $25 million on their forward core only to spend half the season in the bottom 5 for goals for. A late season surge helped put them right into 'average' territory. @hgSparty gets carried by @Ryan_x_28, that's all you need to know about this team.

Projected Lines:

CAR
    @NjDevil08 - @ll_Larkin_71_ll - @AlcoholicGamer92

@zGuentzel - @sloanertw - @RiseOfTheNinja
    @three_eleven07 - @Reps_71 - @jiccy31

@BurnsForNorris - @Shaynestaa
    @TCTC2012 - @Rageeez
    @Raz-Orr - @skeymour

@Back342
    @Flyersap

NYI
    @Chislett 19 - @FireHawk_575 - @The Gr8 Haxby
    @Tcx7 - @SweeT 9 LoU 84 - @l-forthy-l
    @The Broche - @Jlm1410 - @Bones955

@JSILVERS - @Ryan_x_28
    @Mollet29 - @Mr_Invidious
    @DCskins8 - @SMiiRK-_-

@hgSparty
    @ViRuS_I29I_

Prediction: NYI's "firepower" up front finally comes to fruition, and their 3rd line stops having to win all of their games. 6 is always an easy lane to take, but this time I'm going NYI in 7, just because I want to see the Juanodactyl in a game 7 on RD.

Hope you guys enjoyed this look at my round 1 synopsis and predictions. I'll try to keep this up but to be honest it took for-fucking ever, so if the west managers wanna let me know what your lines are and save me the time of looking this stuff up, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks for reading :)

JClaus

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 6
    JClaus33
  2. VincentVael

VincentVael Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 6 / -8
    ToiletBowl 2017 confirmed. Only trophy that matters right.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. WJP089

WJP089 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,464 / 60 / -178
    Leafs in 4

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Primetimme

Primetimme - Nick.

Discord:
    primetimme#0
    Ratings:
    +3,684 / 41 / -169
    DUDE I HAVE BEEN WATCHING THIS VIDEO NON STOP FOR 2 DAYS.

@I2I-Way-Hockey @MrPurpleCrush

• Like Like x 2
    Primetimme1
  5. SelkeSean

SelkeSean Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SelkeSean#4027
    Ratings:
    +1,103 / 41 / -70
    2wayhockey