LGHL Recap Of Week 1 - By Division

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by Kingbling647, Feb 12, 2017.

1. KBI13I

KBI13I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580 / 78 / -164
    Hello Everybody,

Season 4 has started up and we are 1 week into a long exciting Season, it's that time again to discuss what went on throughout the first week of the Season. Many people had a fantastic first week going 3-0 while others had a terrible first week going 0-3 ::Cough: Myself ::Cough:: but here I am to give a recap of the first week of (PSN) LGHL Season 4.

I have published weekly write-ups and other entertaining content to the LGAHL community last season and wish to continue to deliver my work this season to the LGHL community.

With that being said,

I will give weekly Write-Ups giving a Recap of what went on throughout the week and just simply stating my opinion. You have to keep in mind that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and has the right to create their own thread and express what they want to say so nobody should judge other people's opinion and or perspective on a player.

I will be working with the LG Media Team to deliver written content to the LG community.

Without further explanation, Let's get started shall we!

I will start by naming the teams in the East and West Conference, and then followed up by a divisional breakdown and a small write-up of each team and players performance in the week, ending with a discussion of all the trades that had happen in the week.

Eastern Conference

1) New Jersey Devils
    2) Philadelphia Flyers
    3) Washington Capitals
    4)
    Carolina Hurricanes
    5) Pittsburgh Penguins
    6)
    New York Rangers
    7) New York Islanders
    8)
    Columbus Blue Jackets
    9) Montreal Canadians
    10) Florida Panthers
    11) Detroit Red Wings
    12) Boston Bruins
    13) Ottawa Senators
    14) Tampa Bay Lightning
    15) Buffalo Sabres
    16) Toronto Maple Leafs

Western Conference

1)
    Dallas Stars
    2) St. Louis Blues
    3) Chicago Blackhawks
    4) Winnipeg Jets
    5) Minnesota Wild
    6) Colorado Avalanche
    7)
    Nashville Predators
    8)
    Anaheim Ducks
    9) Los Angeles Kings
    10) Vancouver Canucks
    11) Calgary Flames
    12) Edmonton Oilers
    13) San Jose Sharks
    14) Arizona Coyotes

East Metropolitan

New Jersey Devils

I made a prediction before the season started that the New Jersey Devils were going to take that #1 spot in the East Metropolitan division and be a top team in the East, I don't think I want to change my prediction since everybody saw that dominance performance by the New Jersey Devils in the first week of the season with an 8-1 W/L record. Everyone knows that @JClaus33 @Odieeeeee both are gifted players on the ice and both being well-known in the LG community, both knowing what players are good and bad which they have demonstrated their knowledge by accruing such talented players and building a well depth skilled team which shows results of their team going 8-1 in the first week of S4 LGHL. My understanding of @ryno1354 was that he was a Winger but he has shown that he can play between the pipes as well with A 3-0 W/L record holding a GAA 2.67 and S% 78.9, everyone knows @Bealski and what he is capable of doing so no need to elaborate on him. @Novak4Prez @rV_CLuTcHz @DirtyMittz @Labrat all great players having a fantastic first week putting up points and going 3-0 in the first week showing their greatness and what there capable of doing on the ice.

Week 1 Overall Grade: A+

Philadelphia Flyers

Just like the New Jersey Devils, Philadelphia Flyers is another great team in the East to watch out for as their organization has completely changed compared to last season and I believe they will make an impact this season. @IIChEcKMaTeII @Dxwny being Philadelphia Flyers Owner and GM is a good choice for the organization as they are both great players on the ice and their knowledge of talent is noticeable. Philadelphia Flyers remain 2nd in the East Metropolitan division and have some dynamic players that can produce on the ice which they have shown in the first week. @Saucccey @HazeeHype both players showing that they are key to the team as they both put up 12 points with a 3-0 record, other key players @Mesmerize-_- @x-Skinner-_53_- both showing relevance to the team by putting up points as well and having a 3-0 and 2-1 W/L record. @Drive4FiveNYI S% and GAA don't really look that amazing in the first week but his W/L record certainty does as he went 5-1, questions if he needs his team to put up a lot of goals per game or if he can stand on his head and carry his team to a win if needed, we will find out as the season goes along. @miviens looks like he had a rough start to the new season as his numbers are very upsetting, but everyone knows who he is and what he is capable of doing between the pipes so we will find out later in the season if he can show everyone that doesn't know who is he what the real Miviens is all about.

Week 1 Overall Grade: A-

Washington Capitals

Just like the Philadelphia Flyers, Washington Capitals have a new-look to the organization starting with management @x Braydenn @SJUSoccer9 both phenomenal players on the ice and both talent noticeable.
    Washington Capitals now sit 3rd in the East Metropolitan division with a 6-3 W/L record, I definitely see this organization being a lot better this season compared to last season. @Chuck Vegas x @Leafy @Pacioretty__67 @GB521 @Walls0fJ3richo all these players are key to this team first week of success as they all produced and did their job to contribute to the team going 6-3 in the first week. Washington Capitals are going to have really good and useful ECU call ups as they have @MafiaMan15, everyone knows who this guy is as he is well-known on both sides of LG as he demonstrated his elite performance in week 1 by going 2-0 with 10 points. Washington Capitals don't really have elite status goalies like some other teams do but @Ledhed18 and @Clancy47 have shown in the first week that they are fine with the Stellar defense that they have in front of them and just need to make basic saves to get the win for their team.

Week 1 Overall Grade: B+

Carolina Hurricanes

An average start for the Carolina Hurricanes going 4-5 in week 1. Many people would say that this organization is an AHL team, I kind of understand why they say that simply cause this team is filled with AHL level entry draft and bidding players. I don't know too much about @Raz-Orr but I do know @SKILLEDPYTHON and what he can do management wise as he built a strong power house team last season in the AHL “Charlotte Checkers” who won the Calder Cup so he is capable of building a successful team without a doubt, going to be interesting to see what himself and @Raz-Orr can do management wise this season to make Carolina Hurricanes organization successful and push for a playoffs spot. Everyone knows that @Brentlymulligan is a pure goal scorer and had demonstrated that last season in the AHL by having the most goals, his performance in Week 1 1-2 W/L record with 7 points 5 goals, going to be interesting to see if he can bring his pure goal scoring game to the NHL level this season, @PoopinSince95 @Matsab1515 same thing applies with these guys. @Le-TKeSS is a phenomenal player and had an outstanding first week of S4 going 3-0 putting up 10 points, definitely a guy that can produce on the ice and has shown why he is considered a key element to this team. @quick_scope_14 and @DoubleZERO33 had an outstanding S3 playing for Iowa Wild and Charlotte Checkers, especially @DoubleZERO33 as he was a key part to Charlotte Checkers wining the Calder Cup but it is going to be interesting to see if these 2 goalies are NHL level worthy. So far in the first week @DoubleZERO33 had a fantastic week going 4-1 with such great numbers, while @quick_scope_14 had a rough start going 0-3 with very upsetting numbers.

Week 1 Overall Grade: B

Pittsburgh Penguins

Going to be following Pittsburgh Penguins a bit more closely here as they could develop into a threat in their division as they have the right parts. @toslick @Hardik88 such great management players that know what they're doing both on ice and paper work. @Karlsson_MVP being the team MVP in week 1 putting up 11 points going 1-2. Not a lot of players on the team putting up good numbers in the first week of the season so it is going to be interesting to see who can step up to the plate and help out the team as they have many key players like @hypey- @stay_at_homed. I'm pretty sure everyone knows that @KingKonz- is an elite status goalie, him having an average first week going 1-1 with decent numbers with not many games played, questions his availability this season if he can try to help out Pittsburgh by bringing his stellar between the pipes performance like everybody that knows Konz and what he is capable of doing, reason why he is a top goalie in the league. @Bmidg2121 had a rough start as he went 1-3 with upsetting numbers, going to be interesting to see if his performance and numbers can be better to help out Pittsburgh as a backup goaltender for @KingKonz- or if he can take the role of a starter goalie due to @KingKonz- availability issues if that does play a reason this season for him. Week 2 is going to be a much tougher week for Pittsburgh as they head out West to take on the Western power house teams so it will be interesting to see how they can adapt and can improve their record.

Week 1 Overall Grade: C+

New York Rangers

Very rough start for the New York Rangers as they went 2-7 with majority of the roster players struggling in every category, many people not surprised by the first week performance results of the Rangers as their roster isn't filled with many if not any superstars that can produce on the ice. I don't know too much about @Jetup91 or @paigeisraddd and their management skills but it is going to be interesting to see if they can turn their team around and hope for a playoffs spot at the end of the season. @coorsi88 being the team MVP in Week 1 by going 2-1 putting up 6 points, other forwards need to produce in order for the team to be successful and we haven't really seen that in the first week for Rangers. Defense wise, @Vito_Corleone @XIBIGMUMMYIX are good defense man that haven't really shown great performance Week 1 but will be interesting to see what they can do to help out their team. Week 2 for the Rangers is going to be tough considering they have tougher opponents to go up against so we will find out if trades are going to be made or chemistry will have to be gained in order for the team to come out with some wins in Week 2.

Week 1 Overall Grade: C-

New York Islanders

Just like many other teams that were frustrated due to a struggling Week 1 were they couldn't get wins, New York Islanders is one of them were they went 2-7. They now sit 7th in the East Metropolitan Division and try to get answers to why they had a rough start, New York Islanders is another team that could be a threat in their division if they have the right parts. @Jcfalcon21 @sazer15 are both another great management players that know what they're doing on and off the ice and already is half-way to building a successful team as they have some key parts already. @Mattson being the team MVP Week 1 going 2-1 with 13 points, other key players that produced for the team @nowelbaby @ovechkin8jr @rich2k8. Both goalies @C_Hines5 @sazer15 having a rough start as their numbers were disappointing and look to improve for Week 2 as they have a challenge coming their way.

Week 1 Overall Grade: D

Columbus Blue Jackets

Columbus Blue Jackets organization has completely changed throughout the off-season compared to last seasons Columbus Blue Jackets power house team that it was. Columbus now sits 8th in the East Metropolitan, just like the New York Islanders only having 2 wins in 9 games but they are scoring fewer goals which definitely they have the right players to put the puck in the net. Management had picked up some key deadly players during bidding and draft that can be a threat on the ice to go up against @j_marz25 @I2I-Way-Hockey @J_Tryhard_412 @Matty_A_31 @xEberle14x @Gongshow I86I are all great players that had a rough start to the season and hope to have a better Week 2 as they need to gain chemistry. @x4HxPESTILENCEx has management experience as he took his team last season to the Calder Cup finals so it will be interesting to see what him and @Gostisbehere53 can do this season and how they build the Columbus Blue Jackets to try to make the team a playoffs team like it was last season. @x4HxPESTILENCEx @Biglambers both goalies putting up a poor performance in the first week of the season and look to bounce back and be better for Week 2. I don't think this team is a last place standings team considering they have the right parts to make them a top team in their Division so it's going to be interesting to see what they can do throughout the season.

Week 1 Overall Grade: D

East Atlantic

Montreal Canadiens

The Montreal Canadiens coming out of a blazing hot first week as they went 7-2. @Nick_x_98 and @theyaIIfloat did a fantastic job during the draft and bidding accruing recognized talent to make the Montreal organization such a strong well talented team as they have shown such dominance in Week 1. A good mix of point production through the roster and I expect a couple of guys like @Linde94 @Nick_x_98 @CelpHxTitleD506 @MikexMassacre @N_w_A_I99I to keep producing offensively and putting the puck in the net every week to generate points and get wins for their team as that's what their good at. Defensively, the Montreal Canadiens are looking pretty solid as they have some key defensive man like @I-Dekar-I @Leg_al @x-Speedy4DayZ-x @Dazwyy who are well-known and are capable of shutting down forwards and making it hard for them to cross the blue line no problem as they have shown in the first week of the season as they beat some good teams. Goalies @nochance85 and @theyaIIfloat both having some stellar numbers so far with the help of their elite defense man that they have in front of them makes their jobs easy between the pipes. I can see this team being a top team in the East Atlantic Division without a doubt if they keep up what they're doing every week and do like they did in Week 1 which is show complete dominance over their opponents.

Florida Panthers

I had made a bold prediction before the season started that Florida will be 1st in the East Atlantic Division and I'm not ready to change my prediction yet. just like the Montreal Canadiens, showing such dominance in the first week of the season by going 7-2 sitting 2nd in the East Atlantic but I think they will take 1st place after Week 2 is over just simply because they are a better team and have more depth then the Montreal Canadiens. @KingClutch x 77 and @Yung Jaq everyone knows are elite players and have knowledge on who is good and bad in the league which will play a big reason in building Florida Panthers power house team just like it was last season as they made it to the Stanley Cup Finals and look to do it again. @KingClutch x 77 doing what he does best which is showing no mercy on opponents as he went 3-0 with 14 points (tied 3rd overall in points) in Week 1, without a doubt he will be top in points at the end of the season. Other forwards like @TGolding007 @Hriiz @Gilleh @JT l91l @EElement- showing why they are all top players in the league and giving a warning to other teams in the league to watch out for them as they are a threat. Florida has a brick wall at the blue line with guys like @OdessaSteps @Lojikuhl @v Sloshy @Yung Jaq @RABID WOLV3RIN3 that will make forwards frustrated to go up against them as they are really effective and have high defense IQ on the ice making them elite defense man. Goalies @drally20 @prouddad1977 stellar between the pipes and have shown that in the first week of the season and continue to impress many throughout the season.

Detroit Red Wings

Detroit Red Wings is another top team in the East Atlantic and I think will stay a top team since they have the right parts and team depth to do that. Detroit going 7-2 just like the Florida Panthers and Montreal Canadiens but scoring the most goals in the East Atlantic Division so far in Week 1. Having management like @Get_on_ur_kneees and @I-forthy-I building such a great team accruing great players during Draft and Bidding to change around the Detroit organization and not making it a failure like it was last season. Detroit has some deadly forwards that will put the puck in the net and make you look stupid on the ice like @Kush-Demon_QC @Guccimane50 @Ducksfan123 @SuDzy l92l @BoomaChicalaBoom which all have shown their elite performance in Week 1. Defense is just as scary as the Florida Panthers with having top defense man like @schroyer69 @Breezy5457 @JSILVERS who will constantly shut players down who stand foot in their way and have shown that in Week 1. Goalies on Detroit @Jade_Dragoon_ @tight5hole aren't considered top goalies in the league but with the defense that Detroit has they shouldn't have a problem with making basic saves to get wins for their team as they probably have learned in Week 1.

Boston Bruins

Boston Bruins came through Week 1 with a pretty good record and key players contributing just like what I expected them to do in the first Week of the season. @jdheagle- was a top player that was in the draft who everyone was talking about and watching closely what team he ended up on so they would remember not to sign-up that day, definitely a big name who stands out in the Boston roster as his Week 1 performance was excellent and looks to continue that throughout the season. One thing @jdheagle- never had last season on Rockford was help as he was the only player who could produce for the team, that's not the case this season as he has greatness surrounding him with guys like @Bizzy313 @KillsAKill- @Dyno Mike @Akonvict21 @Fumancheezy_ @LetsGoFlyers28 @xShauN88 @xxSNIPESHOTxx21 who all know how to produce and do their job on the ice. @Fumancheezy_ is an elite defenseman and looks to go on the Norris Trophy run again this season. Boston is another team without an elite status goaltender but with the defense that they have there is no need for one and they are doing just fine with @Bbrawler84 and @jeiel9876.

Ottawa Senators

With Ottawa Senators going under .500 and one of the lowest Goals For in their Division they look to put the puck in the net more and hopefully get more wins Week 2. If they can fix problems that there having and gain chemistry then they can be very deadly in their Division as they have the right players to make Ottawa a great team this season. Roster improvements don't need to be made as they have such talented players like @PheNoMeNaLxOnE17 @I8l_Nik_I6l both who put up 12 points going 2-1 in Week 1, other players like @ivegotyour6 @abbazabba24 @Forcebergs who are great players that can help out the team by proving big point production and getting wins for the team. Week 1 was a tough week for Ottawa but look to have a much easier Week 2.

Week 1 Overall Grade: C

Tampa Bay Lightning

Very shocking frustrating Week 1 for Tampa Bay Lighting as they went 3-6 with the 2nd lowest Goals For in the East Atlantic Division with a 22. That is very shocking that they couldn't really put the puck in the net with the big offensive players that they have like @EvO @DomSquad100 @kcut @ImaDoer3 @Mclub326 @Tendy who know how to put the puck in the net but couldn't prove that in Week 1. Tampa has some solid defenseman like @Xx-INGLIS-xX @Chaskin12 @OG_KJ who had an average Week 1 but just like the rest of the roster they look to bounce back and have a better Week 2. Tampa has 2 solid goalies @zeffster @bNYCe83 who had a below average first week but look to improve for Week 2. @Chaskin12 and @EvO are such great players on the ice and know what do when it comes to management work and they will do what they have to do to make Tampa a playoff contending team this season, it's going to be interesting to see what happens throughout the season for Tampa Bay Lighting and if they can be a top team in the East Atlantic.

Buffalo Sabres

Buffalo Sabres comes through week 1 sitting below 500. With a 3-6 record and having pretty much the same Goals F/A as the Tampa Bay Lighting. They will be looking for increased point production across the board, as to compete with the best they will need some of their guys to produce offensively and defensively. They faced some top teams in Week 1 and were handed losses in those games, and their Week 2 schedule may offer them some chances for big wins that they need. Buffalo has some key players like @Nuge @Serpe x 13 @vxWoytkiw8xv @JCoul-l41l who had a great week while some other talented players like @SkillzPayBills3 @Thumbssss @sloanertw didn't have a great week which they look to improve for Week 2. Buffalo has that elite status goaltender with @Ryan_x_28 @Foote between the pipes and their top solid defense man that they have in front of them they look to generate more wins for their team throughout the next couple of weeks.

Toronto Maple Leafs

The 1 win Toronto got this week.
    [​IMG]
    Very frustrating Week 1 for Toronto Maple Leafs.

Week 1 Overall Grade: F

West Central

Dallas Stars

A pretty solid start of the season for the Dallas Stars as they went 6-3 sitting 1st in the West Central. With some heavy goal scoring and point production from guys like @B-Bunny @bill_1492 @xLOL-9 @l BoneCrusha l makes it easy for the team to rack up wins. Defense core looking standard for this team now as they have some good defense man like @x_ReAcTiiOnz_71 @I--Chief--I @L_DominanDo_L who can hold it down, I'm pretty sure @I--Chief--I @bill_1492 will look to improve their blue line throughout the season. Goalies for Dallas looking pretty solid as well with @Mooner2014 @Matt_4029 both having an acceptable Week 1 but looking to improve for Week 2.

St. Louis Blues

With such a well-built great team going 5-4 in the first week is very surprising for a team like the St. Louis Blues. Their point production is distributed pretty well through their roster which is a nice thing to have with @Ayohh @PenguinsHockey__ both players sitting at 10 points each followed by their rest of their roster. The defense core on the Blues is outstanding and reason why it is one of the best defense cores in the West Central with guys like @zdball @nyBARISny @Primetimme @ryofthebeholder that have such high defense IQ and know what their doing defensively. With having @sam000mx @crofto40 between the pipes for the Blues is a right fitting considering the Blues have such strong defense and don't need an elite status goalie to steal wins for the team every game due to lack of defense. Whole team is just incredible and no need for this team to make roster adjustments as I don't see any gaps or problems, going to be interesting to see what the Blues can do this season.

Chicago Blackhawks

Just like the St. Louis Blues, with Chicago Blackhawks having an unbelievable talented roster going 5-4 and having a low Goals For of 27 is completely shocking. Management players like @CCPiper @HurrichaneScoot knowing how to build a successful team as show in the past look to make another Stanley Cup run as they pretty much have the same exact team as last season but just with a couple new sparks to the roster starting with accruing @Kerns during Bidding. Having such greatness in the Chicago locker room is mind blowing on how they have such a power house team, average week for Chicago Blackhawks but going to be interesting to see if they can make another impressive Stanley Cup run. Chicago looked to improve their 3rd line by acquiring guys like @playmaker x 7 @King__Ramon @Extendo28 who all had a satisfying Week 1 just like the rest of the roster and look to improve for Week 2.

Winnipeg Jets

Another team that went 5-4 in the first week, they have the right parts to be a great team and they look to improve Week 2 and display their greatness that they have hidden. @Dannyy Briere @Panda_l25l have built such a great balanced team and they wish to prove their skill that their roster has this season. Many would call this team the “Xbox team” but while looking at the roster you can definitely notice talent and big names that are going to produce for this team throughout the season and put up points with guys like @Po1andsFinest @ II-Amazing-ll @ScaryJoeyy @Bigbwoyqc @Evets who are deadly forwards on the ice. Having @ScuMBaG_CuJo @lx JoneZ xl between the pipes for Winnipeg is going to be huge for them, many people say that @lx JoneZ xl goalie performance has changed over the past few new tuners and he isn't that good anymore or isn't the old Pro Series Jonez so we shall see what he can do to help out the team get some wins. It is going to be very interesting to see if this team has what it takes to sneak their way into a playoffs spot with such great strong teams in the West Central.

Minnesota Wild

Very rough start for the Minnesota Wild considering the level of talent that they have on their team, they look to step it up in week 2. @ChyzNasty @soccaplaya11 look to change this Minnesota Wild organization around this season as it was a failure last season, they did a fantastic job during Draft and Bidding accruing such skilled based players like @BBK24 @Oso-Sic @Snoop_651 @alanscanucks who all will give and do their job to help out and try to turn this organization around this season. @BBK24 and @eastons17 @ChyzNasty @soccaplaya11 all having a fantastic first week putting up points and getting wins for the team while they look for support and other dynamic players to produce and help out throughout the season, starting off with having a better Week 2 for many players. Going to be very interesting to see what @WaitingForUser and @alonzi401 can do between the pipes for this well-balanced Minnesota Wild team. They had a pretty tough schedule Week 1 facing tougher opponents, Week 2 is different however with not as tough opponents Minnesota has to face like they did in Week 1 so it will be impressive to see the results and see if Minnesota can get some easy wins and improve their numbers.

Week 1 Overall grade: B-

Colorado Avalanche

Colorado Avalanche out of the gates with a rough start, but not much different from what was expected. With nobody really standing at with high point production, they will be looking to get some offense going and some chemistry with lines clicking. @SCHN3ID3RR-24 is an elite status goaltender so it will be curious to see what he can do to help out the struggling Colorado Avalanche team. Some key leaders on this team that will have to improve and show what there all about, but don't be surprised if this team is at the bottom of the standings and having lots of movement on the trade front.

Week 1 Overall Grade: D+

Nashville Predators

What the hell is going on in the city of Nashville, nobody expected this team to be at the bottom of the standings just like the Toronto Maple Leafs having a 1-9 unacceptable record. If you were to look at Nashville roster you would be completely shocked that they only won 1 game in Week 1, playing tough teams in the first week might play a reason in these teams poor performance. @x-RECKI-x @l Blitzkrieg @Tcx7 putting up points but can't seem to get wins, threat players like @Daddy Marino @II-Entryy-II @Shotl72l @dankchank need to improve as they didn't have such a great Week 1, going to be interesting to see the results as Nashville has an easier Week 2 ahead of them. With having such great goaltenders like @SuperVezina @j_carlos_44 the team should have confidence and can trust their goalies will make those big saves in games when needed, not a lot of that will be needed though as Nashville as stellar defense and won't have to rely on their goalie to carry and steal wins for the team every game. Despite Nashville rough start, my opinion is they will be a top team in the West and seizure a playoffs spot.

Anaheim Ducks

Another team I can't move from the top of their Division yet. With their loaded roster, I expect for the point production to increase much in Week 2 as it had a big impact in Week 1 with @Bruchboi900 @Carmstrong95 @Hilary Knight all putting up 10+ points, followed by @xXAucoin1Xx @kg3inOTT @TommyLegamerQc @Ksteiding1 @Trio_Bigmac- all having showing tremendous performances as well. Anaheim Ducks was known for their power house team last season and look to extend that this season by accruing some new faces. With having different goaltending this season it's going to be interesting to see what @DJtml @JTowNE41 can do, so far both having a great start to the season with excellent numbers.

Los Angeles Kings

The Los Angeles Kings roster isn't stacked like many other teams in the West, but they don't let that effect them as they continue to be a top team in the West, currently sitting 2nd with a 3-6 record and having the highest Goals For in the Western Pacific with 41 (3rd overall). The Los Angeles Kings have some key players like @Rickchel98 @Theos_l7l @bidou96m @cinnabunz8 @Guilbault27 @Reddy who have already demonstrated their talent that they have on the ice in Week 1, some key players still need to step up and improve for Week 2 as they kind of lacked in Week 1. The Kings don't have the best defense in the West but they do have some stellar defenseman like @x BizNasty x @TijO_Qc @KaneL88I who are noticeable on the ice and will make it hard for forwards to get by them as they can display dominance and control or take over a game. @Mattdisney111 @Shmucked both goalies with the right fit for this team and jobs will be easy between the pipes with such solid defenseman in front of them. Management players @Benz0226 @AAli-21 did a fantastic job building this team in the offseason and I'm sure they have other big plans for the team to try to make this team successful and a playoff contending team.

Vancouver Canucks

Just like the LA Kings, Vancouver Canucks having a great start to the season. Keeping them in a top spot here as I believe things will improve for them as week 2 rolls around. They have solid goaltending and defense which will make this team an impact this season. @xCr0sbyXx87 is an elite goaltender and having such solid defense man in front of him like @bjackedson @Desyd19 @nick_k1 @Mxster-77 will make his job easy in net every game. Offense for Vancouver is looking kind of scary as well with guys who know how to put the puck in the net like @XxGenoSnipeXx @TMills61_ @CUMMINSx7 @canada_87 @MORASH_41 so it will be interesting to watch them throughout the season and see what they can do. With Vancouver stealing some wins in Week 1 over some tougher dominance teams they look very confidence going into Week 2 against the easier teams as the try to extend their success so far in Season 4, I'm not going to change my prediction as Vancouver finishing off the season top 3 in the West Pacific as I think they have the right parts to carry out that.

Calgary Flames

Calgary Flames another team having an average Week 1, not to bad but not to great as the team looks to have a better week. @BigJayAyotte having a phenomenal week dropping 14 points with a 3-0 record, more people need to produce like him if Calgary want's to make it far this season and secure a playoffs spot. Guys like @frostx17 @debarrd @Fool x 90 @mattperrault @OK Crusty @RedMile_89 all having undefeated records showing their relevance and producing on the ice in Week 1. Calgary has 2 good goaltenders that have shown their talent between the pipes in the past and in Week 1 so far @zBernatchez @patdene12 really good pick-ups by Calgary as they won't regret it. I have played with @XxTerryTORxX last season in Iowa Wild and know that he is a solid defenseman but I didn't know that he can play forward as well so it's going to be interesting to see if he can be a top Center this season and help out his team. @frostx17 @BigJayAyotte have built such a great team filled with great players from bottom to top, going to be fun to see what they can do throughout the season and hope for a playoff spot.

Edmonton Oilers

Edmonton not having such a great start to the season in Week 1 trying to find answers on their performance and lack of ability of players to produce to help out the team. Only 1 player putting up double-digit numbers @Gui_20 getting 10 points going 1-2, @Fr33kOnTheStix @MattTheCoolCat both players showing great performances as well. Edmonton has some key players that need to start clicking in order for this team to go anywhere, they have the right parts it's just they need to gain chemistry and stay focused and it will lead this team to success. Defense man like @Corked87 @sir_scoopy @Big-T_757 @Coltcrazy need to be playing their game every week as they are key defenseman for Edmonton and can decide results of games. I think @Coltcrazy @NUKE Freeman will bring their management experience to Edmonton and make this team a great team this season just like it was last season.

Week 1 Overall Grade: C

San Jose Sharks

What a rough start for San Joke Sharks, but 'm pretty sure everyone was expecting these results of them going 3-6 in Week 1 as they don't have that much recognized talent on the roster. @Sejje 19 @XxJusT4TheShoWxX @xTarasenko91_ @Sidthekid_pitt87 are the many few players on this team that shown they are relevant on the ice. Sharks having 2 good goalies @Perkosaurus13 @balake96 but no team defense so it will be interesting to see what numbers they can put up this season having few good defenceman in front of them. I want to see what @M1keal @radicalapex @Markis can do with this organization this season, will this team be a successful or failure team this season.

Week 1 Overall Grade: D+

Arizona Coyotes

Just like a few teams this season so far many wasn't expecting Arizona Coyotes to be at the bottom of the standings considering when you look at their roster you see a bunch of talented players, definitely without a doubt a shocker as 2-7 just isn't a type of record for the Arizona Coyotes. @Moranaconda and @vhigh both going 0-3 this week is a shocker and questions if age is catching up to them and will that play a reason this season. I'm just joking with you guys, If it makes you feel better I went 0-3 as well so welcome to my world. @Kraz18 showing why he will be another top player this season, putting up 11 points despite his teams poor performance and him going 1-2 he still continues to put up points regardless of the outcome of the game. Arizona Coyotes have some key players and I think they will be another successful team this season just like they were last season despite their Week 1 poor performance, they look to get out of the hole and show dominance in Week 2. @Moranaconda and @vhigh are smart guys and have been around in the league for a long time now so they recognize talent when they see it so there would be no problem for them to make roster adjustments to make their team a playoffs contending team like it was last season.

Trades

I don't discuss trades involving 1 Draft pick vs Another Draft pick because nobody gives a fuck about Draft picks.

The [​IMG] Kings have traded Tikillah & DTA Today to the [​IMG] Penguins for Lost-Codes & 2nd Round Pick & 2nd Round Pick

Please tell me LA Kings management were high of the molly when they made this trade.

Winner: Pittsburgh Penguins.

The [​IMG] Devils have traded Schwartz_x9 to the [​IMG] Sabres for sublime-3 & 2nd Round Pick

Looks like New Jersey and LA Kings like to get high before they make trades. Sublime is a good player but I don't think he is Schwartz level, especially if he has the same availability issues like he did last season with the Gulls.

Schwartz vs Sublime

Winner: Both teams.

The [​IMG] Islanders have traded Chaos_Rider to the [​IMG] Penguins for Bones955

YAHHHHHHH 500K PLAYER TRADE!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Chaos_Rider vs Bones955

Winner: New York Islanders

The [​IMG] Predators have traded 2nd Round Pick & 2nd Round Pick & 3rd Round Pick to the [​IMG] Penguins for H-spartan-G

Pittsburgh is going to be calling Nashville after the NHL Draft next season telling them they want their refund!!

Irrelevant Draft Players vs H-Spartan-G

Winner: Nashville Predators

The [​IMG] Maple Leafs have traded Fewch_ & XxGumpeRxx & JJr to the [​IMG] Flyers for JNasTy003 & PolynomC & l FreeStyle 7 l

BLOCKBUSTER TRADEEEEEEEE!!!

Best trade of the week.

Winner: Both teams - Toronto improved their defense core while Flyers improved both.

The [​IMG] Flyers have traded PerfectSkillz_Qc & Bry2230 to the [​IMG] Flames for JNasTy003 & WeTheNorth_87

WHAT WAS CALGARY FLAMES THINKING!?

Winner: Flyers.

The [​IMG] Blue Jackets have traded Fliq71- to the [​IMG] Panthers for crisis131078 & 3rd Round Pick

AHL LEVEL PLAYERS TRADE!!!!
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Winner: Florida Panthers.

The [​IMG] Stars have traded B-Bunny & Blderunner_GT & 3rd Round Pick to the [​IMG] Penguins for hypey- & 1st Round Pick & iQuantumPhysics & 2nd Round Pick

JUST LIKE BOSTON LAST SEASON... RIP DALLAS!
    Every good player is going to get traded off the team.

CHIEF NEEDS SOME MILKKKKKKKKKKK.

Winner: Pittsburgh Penguins.

The [​IMG] Hurricanes have traded quick_scope_14 & 3rd Round Pick to the [​IMG] Predators for SuperVezina

YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GOALIE TRADE!

Both good Goaltenders.

Winner: Both Teams.

The Boston Bruins have traded Bizzy313 & Bbrawler84 to the Pittsburgh Penguins for KingKonz- & bongboy5000 & 3rd Round Pick & 3rd Round Pick

WOW! WHAT A WAY TO END WEEK 1 WITH TRADES AND START WEEK 2.

I think this depends if Bizzy can play 3 games a week.
    Pretty fair trade if you ask me.

Winner: Both Teams - Boston improves goaltending, Pittsburgh improves Offense.

That concludes Week 1 of LGHL recap write-up,hope you guys enjoyed reading this wonderful recap write-up as I enjoyed making it and publishing it to the community. Stay tuned every week as I will deliver weekly recap write-ups!!

I will see you next week to discuss Week 2 of LGHL.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 31
    • Winner Winner x 10
    No Streaming Account
  2. WJP089

WJP089 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,464 / 60 / -178
    Sick.

No Streaming Account
  3. JTresatti

JTresatti Kobe

Ratings:
    +1,059 / 74 / -117
    Definitely sick. Good shit KB

• Like Like x 1
    jtresatti
  4. xPolskaaa--92

xPolskaaa--92 Just at the trap

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524
    Nice write up. Make Toronto great again ! Love ya Budz

• Like Like x 3
    TrooperPetterson
  5. Jade_Dragoon_

Jade_Dragoon_ Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Jade Dragoon#6253
    Ratings:
    +127 / 4 / -17
    I'm not considered a top goalie in this league. It hurts my heart soooo mmuuucchhh... :(:(:(:sadegg::sadegg::sadegg:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    trizzelpigporker
  6. DYNOxMIKE

DYNOxMIKE NHL 10 Legend

Discord:
    Dyno Mike#9443
    Ratings:
    +1,178 / 42 / -125
    I think its to early to judge the trades - regardless...we appreciate your effort - thank you

• Like Like x 1
    DynoMike25
  7. JASON0914

JASON0914 hey bud

Discord:
    jason0914#0
    Ratings:
    +137 / 4 / -8
    I'm just a whore being tossed around you know.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. TeeSibs

TeeSibs Well-Known Member

Discord:
    TSibs88#2180
    Ratings:
    +1,495 / 17 / -65
    Really nice work, King! Its really cool to catch up on the LGHLPSN this way. Glad to have another dedicated Media reporter on LG!

• Like Like x 4
    tsibs88
  9. vhigh

vhigh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +640 / 8 / -68
    Great job @Kingbling647!!! I look forward to you writing all season long, as I think you will set a great example!!!

P.S. @Moranaconda IS getting old, but I'm not even 30 yet!! ;)

• Like Like x 5
    Vhigh
  10. Nick_x_98

Nick_x_98 2x Cup Champ, Full Time Shitter

Discord:
    Nick_x_98#4378
    Ratings:
    +394 / 38 / -18
    Thanks for being the first person to ever give the habs a little bit of credit! Great write up bud, saw some of your AHL write ups in the past so it's nice to see you continue with it now in the NHL.

• Like Like x 3
    nick_x_98
  11. Local-463

Local-463 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Excellent write up.

• Like Like x 1
    local463
  12. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    Just a note on the central nobody really had a great week because it was just the central doing what it does every week that it plays each other and just beating the leaving shit out of each other. Moving on to another division this week should ease that a bit.

Also good write-up KB

• Like Like x 2
    Nybarisny
  13. Dangletownsniper

Dangletownsniper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +441 / 25 / -47
    Nice write up KB

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. zBernatchez

zBernatchez Thin Blue Line

Discord:
    zbernatchez#0
    Ratings:
    +528 / 14 / -30
    All hail kingwriteup647!!!! Nice work bud!

• Like Like x 1
    zBernatchez
  15. Ayohh

Ayohh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +944 / 11 / -18
    I respect a man who doesn't believe in the fake point. 10/10.

• Like Like x 4
    Ayohhhh
  16. hgSparty

hgSparty Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Sparty#0318
    Ratings:
    +428 / 7 / -26
    Brilliant. You tell 'em

• Winner Winner x 1
    BackupGoaltending
  17. Tcx7

Tcx7 Pokemon Master

Discord:
    Rico#2183
    Ratings:
    +2,128 / 39 / -103
    • Troll Troll x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    MyNameIsRicoAndILikeYou
  18. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    Awesome write up bud

• Like Like x 1
    SweeT9LoU84
  19. Anttzy-

Anttzy- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Chief#9925
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 244 / -506
    Good write-up!

And yes, everyone currently on Dallas right now... won't be here in another two weeks.

#Tradeeesssssss

• Like Like x 1
    zChieef
  20. xBudz87

xBudz87 Elite Shitter!

Discord:
    xBudz87#6554
    Ratings:
    +418 / 156 / -155
    Nice write up KB! Keep it coming brother!

• Like Like x 1
    Budz_780