Media LGHL S32 Manager Ratings: Eastern Conference

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by APsychicTaco, Jan 31, 2019.

1. APsychicTaco

APsychicTaco Scrub Goalie Supreme

Ratings:
    +3,959 / 189 / -263
    With a lot of people covering the draft with great media posts it's time to look at the managers that will be choosing from this new batch of CHL talent.

These rankings will be a brief review of each team with ratings based on:

- Manager ability
    - Managerial success
    - Talent they provide on the ice
    - Success as a player

Here is the scale to follow for this article:

A+, Best in the NHL
    A, Best in division
    A-,
    B+, Above Average
    B, League Average
    B-, League Average (Lower tier)
    C+, Below Average
    C,
    D, Poor

BOSTON BRUINS

Owner - Jer Dubz
    GM - Stifmeister

Boston is one of the two French Canadian powerhouses in the Atlantic this season headed by two of the more recognizable names in the community. Dubz is a top level versus player and the thumbs translate right to his 6s game while Stifmeister is simply put a dominant force in LG every season he plays. Boston is starting out strong with this elite management duo.

Grade: A-

BUFFALO SABRES

Owner - At43
    GM - AgentSooksta

It's crazy to think that two seasons ago Tanaka took a underdog Buffalo team all the way to the Finals and almost pulled out the upset in 7. Last season appeared to be more like what was expected of him in seasons prior. Sooksta was one of the playoff MVPs for that season 30 Buffalo team. While he may not be on par with the likes of Stifmeister he can still lead a team offensively. They could be a real wild card in the Atlantic if things go as they plan.

Grade: C

DETROIT RED WINGS

Owner - Gentry
    GM - Christastik

Gentry is having his first shot at management in the NHL after a very successful AHL campaign with Wilkes Barre Scranton, losing out in the conference finals to the eventual Calder champions. He went ahead with a player who started the season in the AHL and was an eventual callup under Brando's Penguins squad. You'd expect these two to have the chemistry and coordination needed to have a successful offseason and maybe even have a better sense of hidden AHL talent than some NHL veterans. They'll be a team to keep an eye on this offseason.

Grade: C+

FLORIDA PANTHERS

Owner - Poopie Snoopie
    GM - Doanxr

I never wish or want a manager to fail, but I do expect some to not perform all that well. Poopie is on this unfortunate list after his many seasons of ownership. Doanxr is a decent GM choice having been a part of a Cup winner but has no management experience.

There's a pinned line in the staff channel and I'll repeat it here: If Poopie wins any division ever I will shave my head.

Grade: D

MONTREAL CANADIANS

Owner - Karmuh
    GM - Gabesh

The second Frenchie duo are a proven success with their run last season. They don't lack in any aspect and have fantastic chemistry. They are with no doubt the best management duo going into the season. The question can be if they can make the same stellar moves they pulled off the last time around to make a contender in a top heavy Atlantic division.

Grade: A

OTTAWA SENATORS

Owner - Pure Rippin
    GM - Tb Toxic

Rippin filled in for a mid-season departure and turned Ottawa into a contender late in the season. He has been one of the more successful players in LG history with several cups, individual awards, and President's Trophies to his name. Tb Toxic was also part of that mid-season transition and has stepped up to a GM role. He also brings a boatload of experience and skill to the table. Ottawa is in good hands this season.

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING

Owner - AzDvo
    GM - SJUSoccer9

A duo of long time managers (not including their AGM) and two of the top three picks could be a real threat in the East this season. There isn't much else to say other than you know they will make the right decisions and are always a threat at the start of the season.

Grade: B+

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Owner - l3l Ray l8l
    GM - Vaporize 17

Drai is getting another shot at ownership. While he does carry a reputation it is a fact that he knows how to bid and draft, ultimately putting together successful teams. Adding on Vape as a top pair d man is a good choice too. They'll need all the firepower they can get with the managers they're up against.

Grade: B+

CAROLINA HURRICANES

Owner - Foote
    GM - Tendy

Last season these two took what has been a historically bad LG franchise in Carolina and finally made a playoff team out of it. They have already put together most of their roster for this season in trades and contracts made in the Fall. You should expect another decent team from this duo.

Grade: B

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS

Owner - Colonel20
    GM - HabsAreReligion

Colonel has finally selected a GM and it I had to ask around about this guy. Habs is a player from the Pre-Merger days and did win a Presidents Trophy. We know what to expect from Colonel but the GM Wild Card makes things interesting. Ultimately it is about the team they can build, and I don't expect Habs to know the current playerbase all too well yet.

Grade: C+

NEW JERSEY DEVILS

Owner - Really Good Dad
    GM - Tenacious RD

Compared to some management teams that will likely be bad and poorly ran I feel very comfortable in saying that this team has two managers who will at least keep the players happy. Tenacious does carry a healthy amount of managerial experience but the question is if he can be that 60 point forward he was in the past. RGD will have to carry his on weight on the ice too if this team is to be a competitive playoff team.

Grade: B-

NEW YORK ISLANDERS

Owner - A1 Freak
    GM - TheHeroicDuck

A1 has been a long time owner in the league with plenty of experience in building successful teams. A Jack Adams finalist last season saw him recognized as a owner who had really rebounded after some disappointing attempts. His GM choice in Heroic Duck has started to build a reputation that may turn a few off, but if he plays well most people won't care at all. It will be his first run as a manager and to be part of a veteran team is a great choice.

EDIT: I have to inform you that Heroic Duck managed in the VHL and in Season 17, both over 4 years ago.

NEW YORK RANGERS

Owner - DAN USA
    GM - NYR 95

Over a year of chemistry, both have had major success in LG as a player and manager, and they inherit the remainder of a Stanley Cup winning roster. A lot of things are looking up for the Rags this season. You can expect the Rangers to be back in cup contention this season. However, they're not going to be my A+ rating for the league.

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

Owner - Deesa Ali
    GM - Gwan

We haven't seen the A+ rating yet, and you know Carch would argue this is where it should belong. He has won a Stanley Cup as a player and his Flyers won a very difficult Metropolitan last season. On top of that he has a knack for pulling off big blockbuster trades that more often than not work in his favor. When Gwan said he wanted to manage for cup contenders only it should show how individuals in the league view his manager abilities. Looking at Gwan for a moment, he fills that much needed top defenseman and is always a potential Norris candidate when he plays. Great pickup for Carch but...

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS

Owner - McLxvinn
    GM - PtP 10

We are finally seeing some of the best PSN management coming over, and they're the best in LG in my opinion. They have proven their abilities as managers several times over with their PSN cups and their ESHL team was fantastic. Both are CanAm locks as well. There isn't a need to list their accomplishments as most of you already know them. Maybe they're also blessed with Brando's spreadsheets for extra luck too.

Grade: A+

WASHINGTON CAPITALS

Owner - Caruch
    GM - Gilleh

It's kind of heartbreaking to see Gilleh not joining up with another elite player to form a great management team but I can't blame him seeing the money and taking it. He's one of the best in the game as a player and has been a successful manager when actually interested and involved. Expect him to not be too involved with the offseason for the Capitals though. Caruch has a reputation from his seasons as Texas' GM in the AHL are not something people look at positively. As long as he keeps the behaviors that caused his AHL teams so much grief out of the NHL you could have a competitive team in Washington this season.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    • Like x 13
    • Winner x 4
    • Troll x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
    APsychicTaco
  2. Nxckles

Nxckles AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Discord:
    Nuckles#4604
    Ratings:
    +1,400 / 21 / -41
    How much did he pay you for that grade?

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  3. TheHeroicDuck

TheHeroicDuck Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theheroicduck#0
    Ratings:
    +1,215 / 13 / -60
    This isn't my first run as a manager. Ran a team in vhl and owned the blues for 2 successful seasons.

TheHeroicDuck
  4. APsychicTaco

Ratings:
    +3,959 / 189 / -263
    Two things:

1 - I don't know or really care about VHL, I have no ability to find the records of it so I don't include it. Plus, that's several years ago
    2 - You managed MANY years ago. Let me change the terminology, but it appears the rest of the writeup about you is on point.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    APsychicTaco
  5. APsychicTaco

Ratings:
    +3,959 / 189 / -263
    Gilleh alone carries that grade, but 10/10 comment LOL

APsychicTaco
  6. Gabseh

Gabseh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +437 / 22 / -45
    Gabesh here

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    riorio56tv
  7. l Dings l

l Dings l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,051 / 68 / -126
    Am also included as manager , just ask @Im4thLineWorthy when i made all the calls last season :p ( Am jk, plz don't take me serious ). 4th is Bill Belichick

A+ rags here hehe

• Funny x 3
    • Dumb x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Get Good x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. TheHeroicDuck

TheHeroicDuck Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theheroicduck#0
    Ratings:
    +1,215 / 13 / -60
    No need to get butthurt I was just letting you know so you could fix your writeup.

• Like Like x 1
    TheHeroicDuck
  9. DudleyDoWright5

DudleyDoWright5 Diet David Letterman

Ratings:
    +698 / 38 / -40
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    DudleyDoWright5
  10. JayyDubski

JayyDubski LGCHL Director

Discord:
    dayoungbuck#0
    Ratings:
    +3,457 / 325 / -613
    Tampa is fucked.

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
    DaYoungBuck
  11. a1xFREAKx13

a1xFREAKx13 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    a1xFREAKx13#5407
    Ratings:
    +1,168 / 18 / -72
    average hmmm, thnx

• Funny Funny x 2
    No Streaming Account
  12. Merle

Merle Your favourite player's favourite player Platinum

Discord:
    Gibby#7847
    Ratings:
    +2,554 / 38 / -91
    Duck drafted me, can confirm his greatness.
    Duck is in the Navy, further confirms his greatness.
    Duck traded me to a shitter who traded me to Nuge, Duck Sucks.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Hannah7Banana22

Hannah7Banana22 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,417 / 191 / -360
    Lolololol A minus

Everyone sleeping on the Flyers this season zzzz

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account