LGHL Season 6 Predictions Write-Up

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by Kingbling647, Oct 15, 2017.

1. KBI13I

KBI13I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580 / 78 / -164
    The Thread Title should say enough?

YES! The great write-ups are back this season.

I haven't done a write-up in forever and I thought to myself “FOOOOK IT” why not bring back the great write-ups that I used to do basically since the first season I joined this league back in Season 3 AHL days, brought my great write-ups with me when I got drafted Season 4 but decided to put down the pen and paper throughout Season 5 (Summer Season) because let's face it, nobody really pays attention nor cares that much on what's going on in the league during every summer season.

Shutout to @nyBARISny and @JClaus33 for bringing those amazing write-ups every season as they are known for bringing some media content every season and continuing this season with their work.

Going to need someone to take over @JClaus33 write-ups when he gets banned half-way though the season : D

OH WAIT! @JTx11- started to express his opinions and thoughts about each team/players and started to bring some amazing write-ups to the community this season as his name is all over the threads.

Anyways, enough with those 3 guys and their write-ups as we all know they're doing a fantastic job bringing some awesome media content to the league.

I'm going to express my opinions and thoughts about each team and individual player, standings and what I think by looking at the rosters now what teams will be on the top and what teams will be on the bottom of the standings this season. Keep in mind that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and can express what they feel despite if others agree or disagree. If you agree with my thoughts/opinions that's great, if you don't well you can go express your own opinions/thoughts and make a write-up yourself.

MY SEASON 6 LGHL PREDICTIONS:

Eastern Metropolitan

Standings:

1) Carolina Hurricanes
    2) Columbus Blue Jackets
    3) New Jersey Devils
    4) New York Islanders
    5) New York Rangers
    6) Philadelphia Flyers
    7) Pittsburgh Penguins
    8) Washington Capitals

Carolina Hurricanes

The first question that I have regarding this team is,

@NjDevil08 is that @SKILLEDPYTHON second account?

I guess we will find out the answer to that question come playoffs - Game 7.

Looking at this team's roster now, I just don't see any offensive nor defensive depth on the roster. They do have some individual good forward players on this team that I am aware and know of, guys like @Reps_71 @ll_Larkin_71_ll @miviens. These forwards can put up good stats this season, but this team lacks top-tier forwards.

@miviens I'm so sorry that I told you to sign-up this season for LG as we tried to get you under the radar in bidding for less than 1M steal but apparently it didn't work out. You would have said “QUACK” “QUACK” “QUACK” instead of “HERE WE ARE” on your daily HUT streams.

Looking at this teams defense core, just like the forward depth it lacks and is in need for serious changes to add that depth.

Overall Forward Grade: B
    Overall Defense Grade: C
    Overall Goalie Grade: ?

Standings Predictions: 6-7-8 Eastern Metropolitan

Columbus Blue Jackets

Season 5 Cup Champions looking to continue were they left off last season and are hungry to get back-to-back champions. NHL comparison - Pittsburgh Penguins

Season 6 the Columbus Blue Jackets roster now looks like they upgraded on offense compared to last season. They added top-tier forwards like @P t P 10 @jeff0012 who are both well-known in the community to be top players in the league at their position. They still got @II-Amazing-ll for an incredible contract of 750k considering he would go for way more in bidding being a very solid winger. I haven't seen any of the other forwards play this new game of NHL 18 yet, but hopefully they can adjust to the new game and is the same player compared to last years game.

Moving on and looking at Columbus defense core, this team's defense is very questionable on how consistent these defense men can be throughout the season. I'm only aware of @Nick_x_98 @II-Entryy-II @RSall14 being the solid defense men that is worth talking about when looking at this team. I think this team does need a top-tier defense men, especially when looking at the right side of this teams defense core as that's where they lack the most.

Overall this teams defense is not terrible, but is not great at the same time and could need improvement throughout the season before trade deadline approaches if they want to have a far run during the playoffs like they did last season.

Columbus did make a very good trade upgrading their starter goalie by acquiring @patdene12 as he's very solid this year, I would say he's better this year compared to last year as I've played with him a lot so far in this new game and I liked his performance.

Overall Forward Grade: B+
    Overall Defense Grade: B
    Overall Goalie Grade: B-

Standings predictions: 2-3-4 Eastern Metropolitan

New Jersey Devils

Let's face it, New Jersey Devils this season will not be the same team compared to previous seasons of this organization. I'm not saying this team looks bad, I'm just simply stating that this team will not be a cup contending team like this organization was known for every season.

Looking at the forwards on this team, I see lack of depth and no top-tier forwards on this team as of now. @EvO is a decent winger, but besides him they lack Left-Winger depth. @xShauN88 is a decent Right-Winger, but same thing applies to this teams Left-Winger situation. I have never seen @JNasTy003 play forward as I know him being a defense men, but I heard he's pretty decent and could be a solid 3rd line Right-Winger for his contract. @DynoMikeV2 complains about the game too much as nothing ever suits his interest and or goes his way during games to enjoy playing the game every year, if I would make a comment about his individual skill and or overall gameplay as a Right-winger he would just complain and disagree with my opinions/thoughts, so I just won't say nothing about him.

I'm not sure about @Gour_x_71 management skills and knowledge of talent in the league when trying to build a successful talented team, but he is a pretty solid Right-Winger that would be a perfect fit for a 2nd line Right-Winger.

Besides those forwards, I just don't see anything else worthy of talking about. - Prove me wrong.

Looking at the New Jersey Devils defense core,

This teams defense core is just like the Columbus Blue Jackets defense core, not terrible but not great at the same time. I would assume @snipefest1122 @Boss77x_O would be the first defense pairing playing on the 1st line as they are the best defense men on this team. Besides those two guys, this is were this teams lacks defense depth.
    In my opinion, this team needs an upgrade on the 2nd defense pairing before trade deadline if they want to have that defensive depth and be strong on the blue line come playoffs.

Looking at the goalies on this team, I haven't seen @sparkplug87 nic play this new game of NHL 18 yet, so I can't comment on him but I would assume he is somewhat decent like he was last year to fill the starter goalie position.

Overall Forward Grade: B-
    Overall Defense Grade: B-

Standings predictions: 5-6-7-8 Eastern Metropolitan

New York Islanders

I think we can all agree that unlike previous seasons looking at this teams' organization, this season the New York Islanders would be classified as a cup contending team. @Tcx7 taking over Ownership showing his knowledge of talent in the league by doing a good job in bidding inquiring some top-tier forward talent.

Well, I should say inquiring some Xbox top-tier players because that is what this team basically is. “Xbox Elites” as how people would call it these days.

Getting very solid top forward players in bidding, guys like @JJ-Finesse- @The Gr8 Haxby@SweeT 9 LoU 84 who all will put up some crazy numbers this season being well-known in the community as top players.

@Chislett 19 being the GM of the Islanders is a very good choice by @Tcx7 making him GM wiping that contract away as he would go for a lot in bidding being well-known in the community.

@l-forthy-l being 500k assuming he's going to be playing 3rd line center is honestly not a bad pickup in bidding as he would fit the 3rd line just well and put up reasonable numbers this season.

Looking at the Islanders defense core, this is were they need improvement as they lack defensive depth really bad.

Islanders have 2 pretty solid goalies with @hgSparty @ViRuS_I29I_ being really solid between the pipes and can possible bail out this teams terrible defense situation that they have as of now.

Overall Forward Grade: A-
    Overall Defense Grade: C-

Standings Predictions: 1-2 Eastern Metropolitan

New York Rangers

Just like the New York Islanders, New York Rangers is a totally different team this season compared to previous seasons as this organization was known for being a non-playoff team and being at the bottom of the standings every season.

It's safe to say that this season I can bet that this team will not be at bottom of the standings this season and will make the playoffs compared to previous seasons as they have good players with management status who have knowledge of talent in the league.

@I-Dekar-I @ltz_McLovin taking over this organization this season is good for the league and this team considering both of these guys are solid players and that's what you want out of your management. It hurts when you have an Owner and GM who are not even good players on the ice having that contract wipe for no reason.

The forward depth on this team is not bad, getting @Primetimme @HazeeHype in bidding to be the #1 & #2 center on this team is a good move. Although both of those players are known to be Right-Wingers, they are not bad at playing the center position.

@ltz_McLovin playing Right-Wing this season questions me and most people in the community as he's known to be a Left-Winger, but I'm sure he can fit the Right-Wing position just well and shouldn't be a huge difference in his game this season.

@xOvechkinx l8l is a very solid Right-Winger who isn't known to many people in the community as he's an old gen player. Very solid pickup in bidding by this team as he can fit the 1st/2nd line Right-Winger duties with a reasonable contract price that he has.

Looking at the forward roster on this team, I would say they lack on the left side of the ice and could use some upgrades throughout the season.

Defense,

This team really lacks defensive depth, if you disagree then you should just look twice at their defense roster.

Overall Defense Grade: C-

Standings Predictions: 3-4 Eastern Metropolitan

Philadelphia Flyers

Philadelphia Flyers forward depth could use some improvement throughout the season as of now its not really nothing spectacular to talk about. They do have some good pieces with guys like @ivegotyour6 @CUMMINSx7 @GallyChucky but besides that no really top-tier forward talent on this team.

Defense depth looking the same, with very few top solid defense men on this team. Looking at this teams defense, you would see more defense men on this roster who aren't even actually defense men so it's going to be very interesting to see what they will do this season.

I would say Philadelphia lacks the right side more than the left when looking at defensive depth from both sides.

They got a pretty solid starter goalie @balake96 as he's well-known in the community to be a stud between the pipes. Back-up goalie being @Str8Syko__ considering he's not even a goalie, but I guess that doesn't matter with only playing less than 3 games a week.

Overall Forward Grade: C+
    Overall Defense Grade: C+

Standings Predictions: 6-7-8

Pittsburgh Penguins

Season 6 Pittsburgh Penguins:
    L'équipe française

Cette équipe a fait un très bon travail dans les enchères cette saison en obtenant des joueurs très talentueux.

Guys like @PheNoMeNaLxOnE17 @Bigyan__ @Alexdrum100 who are all well-known in the community as they will put up some very good stats this season being top players on this team.

Getting @Weapon-C-181 in the draft was an alright pick by Pittsburgh, I'm just curious on his NHL level performance and what he will do this season going up against top-level talent in the league.

Looking at this teams defense, they got 2 pretty solid Right-defense men as everyone already knows @Trio_Bigmac- @Sedinpower are very solid on the blue line and can be a threat to go up against. Having @AC_gee being the Left-defense men that I would assume would be playing on the first line with either @Trio_Bigmac- or @Sedinpower is good as he's not really known in the community but those who do know him would say he's a really solid defense men and first line worthy.

Besides those guys, I don't really know any other defense men on the team and I'm curious to see what they do this season and if they make themselves known.

Overall Defense Grade: B+
    Overall Goalie Grade ?

Standings Predictions: 3-4 Eastern Metropolitan

Washington Capitals

The Washington Capitals forward roster is a bit scary when thinking about top-tier forwards. Although they do have some solid players for their contracts. @I2I-Way-Hockey being the highest paid forward on this team is a bit scary, @LanthanumXenon is known to be a defense men so it's going to be very interesting to see what he does this season playing forward.

Besides those 2 players, I don't really know anyone else on this team, so I can't comment. I can say that this team needs some upgrade on forwards acquiring some top-level forwards who are known and can play 1st/2nd line NHL level because this team lacks that as they have AHL quality level players for the most part.

Washington Capitals do have a pretty solid 1st line defense paring with @ryofthebeholder @zdball who are known to be very solid defense men. Looking at the 2nd defense paring on this team is were they would need improvement as nothing spectacular to talk about right now.

I thought @Foote was known to be a goalie, but he played defense last season on a power house team like New Jersey Devils so you can't really comment on his performance as anyone could have put up good numbers playing with other top talented forwards like what New Jersey had last season. Going to be very interesting to see what he does this season on a completely different level team.

Overall Forward Grade: C-
    Overall Goalie Grade ?

Standings Predictions: 6-7-8

Eastern Atlantic

Standings:

1) Boston Bruins
    2) Buffalo Sabres
    3) Detroit Red Wings
    4) Florida Panthers
    5) Montreal Canadiens
    6) Ottawa Senators
    7) Tampa Bay Lightning
    8) Toronto Maple Leafs

Boston Bruins

@DomSquad100 First season as Owner getting right to work acquiring some good players in bidding trying to add that depth to the roster. Some very solid forward players this team got in bidding, guys like @HurrichaneScoot who had a different name during bidding as I never even knew till the end that he was in bidding. His contract is pretty good at 2.7M as he's a solid Right-Winger if you put him with the right talent he will put up good numbers this season.

I don't think you could classify @HurrichaneScoot as a player to carry a line, so I wouldn't rely on him to do that this season as like I said he needs the right people around him to put up good numbers. I would assume he would be playing on the first line as not much Right-Wing depth to begin with on this team.

@j_marz25 being 5M, many would agree with him being overpaid but I'm pretty sure @DomSquad100 put that much on him during RFA Bidding because of their many years of playing together and the chemistry that they have. He's not a terrible player, would fit a 2nd line Right-Wing spot better than a 1st line Right-Wing spot in my opinion.

Acquiring @LoveAt1stSprite to be the #1 Center on this team is not a bad choice by the management as this is another very solid player in the league that is well-known in the community for his elite offensive abilities.

@lllBeNzOlll being the 2nd line Center on this team is another good bidding pick considering he's pretty decent for his contract price. Many people might know him of being a defense men from previous seasons, but he's a pretty good Center as well with very solid defensive awareness and is really solid at faceoffs.

Having @AgentSooksta008 as the GM for Boston is a really good decision by @DomSquad100 as many would know this guy from Xbox, very solid Left-Winger considering the league lacks good Left-Wingers compared to Right-Wingers. He fits the role of being a 1st or 2nd line Left-Winger on any team in the league.

Moving on to defense and looking at this teams defense core,

I was very shocked when Boston decided to drop 6M on a defense men who isn't even an actually defense men to begin with when they had many other options during bidding that they could have acquired an actually defense men with experience in the position for the same price they spent on @Pacioretty__67. I'm just curious to see what he will do this season as I've never seen him play defense before, will he need a very solid Left-defense men to carry him all season or is he capable of standing on his own feet all season and proving the many people wrong including myself that he's just as solid as he is playing forward.

Boston just recently traded for @XxTerryTORxX, I think that was a very good trade for this team as now they have an actually Right-defense men who would be perfect playing on the 1st line.

Looking at the Left-Defense men on this team, this is were I see them lacking as they don't even have a 1st line Left-defense men who have the requirements and is capable of holding down the 1st line.

Standings Predictions: 4-5 Eastern Atlantic

Buffalo Sabres

Not much to talk about regarding this teams offense roster, I guess that's what happens when you have AHL level players taking over management for a team.

Acquiring @Mesmerize-_- during bidding was one of the few good moves by this team during bidding as he's a very solid Left-Winger who knows how to put the puck in the net as he displayed his offensive skills Season 4. He took a break and didn't play last season (Summer Season) and now he's back this season! I can bet on anything that he will not have a fire season going undefeated for a couple of weeks like how he did back in Season 4, he has no support around him making that goal literally impossible to do even if he scrub hunts all season.

Besides him though, what other forwards are worthy enough to talk about?

Moving on to Buffalo Sabres defense,

Looking at the left side only, they acquired @Giddeus12 who I can honestly say is pretty solid to fill a 2nd line Left-Defense men as I played with him last season in Washington and his performance every game impressed me. With the lack of defense depth, I'm most certain that he will be playing on the first line so it's going to be interesting to see if he can hold his ground playing as a 1st line defense men as many would see him as a 2nd line defense men.

@Ryudo2337 is a pretty solid Left-defense men for his contract, he just recently got traded to Buffalo as they are in need of defense depth on the team.

I'm confused on why @MPelley25 is 5M playing Right-defense, I have nothing to say really as I'm just speechless right now. - Prove myself and the rest of the community wrong on why you are 5M and if you are even 1st/2nd line worthy. (Not talking shit to you, I just have never seen you play defense before and know you as a goalie rather than a defense men)

It's pretty obvious that Buffalo failed to try and get the same level of defense depth that this team was known for in previous seasons.

@x-Skinner-_53_- plays goalie? 2.7M......

This better be @Kerns-_- @KingKonz- @drally20 playing on his account this season and is known to play on his account for the reason they bid this much on him.

Maybe the reason @jonlol doesn't play LG anymore is because they made an agreement that he would play on his account this season and is the reason on why Buffalo bid this much on him playing a position that he's not even known for.

Skinner: Play on my account in LG for Season 6 and I will make you a deal

Jonlol: What's the deal?

Skinner: You have been staying in QC for a while now right?

Jonlol: Yes, why?

Skinner: Well I will make you a deal, play on my account for an entire season as goalie and I will hook you up with a sexy QC french girl!

Jonlol: YOU GOT A DEAL!

Overall Forward Grade: C+

Standings Predictions: 7-8 Eastern Atlantic

Detroit Red Wings

This team being run by @soccaplaya11 @nyBARISny is very good for the organization as these 2 managers are very good at management work as well as very solid defense men on the ice. I'm just honestly surprised as I was expecting something different from this team during bidding, but it's totally understandable that not every team can do good during bidding and get the players that they want.

The biggest name and contract that this team got was @DDW4 with an outrageous contract price of 11.2M, now feeling very comfortable putting that much on a single player only says one thing about that player
    “He can carry a line by him self”

I already know Devin is a well-talented phenomenal player but I kind of disagree with players being that much as I look at things a different way than most people. I look at things different in a sense that putting that much on a single player, especially if that player doesn't have that good of availability to begin with is just a complete waste of money and I would rather have 2 very solid players for the price of one.

With that being said, we will find out if he can carry a line by him self because he's going to be put in that situation most likely with little support around him.

@SuDzy92_ being the 2nd Center on this team is a very good resign by Detroit as that just adds depth down the middle of the ice considering he's a very solid Center who already is well-known in the community for his fantastic previous seasons he had.

Looking at the wingers on this team, nothing spectacular to discuss as I see no top-tier winger talent on this team and would be their focus to try to upgrade before trade deadline if they want to go into playoffs with forward depth.

Moving on to the defense of the Detroit Red Wings,

They got a pretty solid 1st line defense pairing with @soccaplaya11 @nyBARISny filling those spots as the entire community already knows that.

Looking at their 2nd line defense pairing, I'm pretty sure many would agree with my opinion on this that they need an upgrade.

Didn't @Matt_4029 play on a power house team like Dallas last season and was known for letting in goals by letting the opposite team skate over the blue line and take random wrist shots?

Not talking shit, just what I've heard from his teammates last season in Dallas. I haven't seen him play goalie yet this year, so I can't comment on his or the other backup goalie as it would be a pointless discussion considering I haven't even seen them play goalie yet.

Overall Defense Grade: B-

Standings Predictions: 4-5 Eastern Atlantic

Florida Panthers

@NerdyMamba taking over the Panthers and doing his first job as that was to secure @xBealski as his starter goalie as he threatens every team that he would do whatever it takes to get him in bidding, even if he had to drop 5M on Bealski as he simply stated him self.

I would have loved to see a goalie in the league go for 5M but unfortunate that didn't happen as every team was feared from @NerdyMamba threats that he made and or didn't even want to bother going after @xBealski considering the fact that they already knew that Florida would go hard for him.

Making @Issa x Geno the GM for the Panthers...

The kid doesn't even know how to play his position on the ice, how the hell is he going to make valuable trades to build a successful team this season.

::Cough:: Florida will never be great again ::Cough::

Acquiring @xTarasenko91_ was a smart move by the Panthers as he's a pretty solid winger who can put the puck in the net when matched with the right players.

They also got @Wadden l32l during bidding who is an Xbox player, now I don't play Xbox and never have, so I can't comment on this guy, just going to see what he does this season and the performance he puts up which hopefully will lead to great numbers for his contract price that they spent on him.

@iFishyHD is a pretty decent 3rd line player who is well worth his contract price that he has as of now.

Besides the forwards that I just mentioned, the rest aren't really worth talking about considering their either well overpaid and or not even known in the community. — Prove myself and the rest of the community wrong.

Looking at the defense of the Florida Panthers,

@ryanwashere78 @Angry_Dangler17 have been playing together for a very long time and have that comfortable chemistry between them, the question is are they 1st line defense pairing worthy as many would look at them as 2nd line defense material.

I guess Florida feels comfortable putting them on the 1st line or maybe have no other option to put them on the 1st line considering they lack defensive depth. It's going to be very interesting to see if they can handle playing on the 1st line going up against top-level talent forwards.

@MrPurpleCrush being only 500k is a very good contract price for him if he's playing the role of a 3rd line defense men.

Overall Goalie Grade: B+

Standings Predictions: 5-6-7-8 Eastern Atlantic

Montreal Canadiens

Unlike the Montreal Canadiens in real life, this team has some offensive threats who can put the puck in the net and generate some offense.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I think this organization will make the playoffs for the first time in forever!

@BeeDohBeeDoh doing what he has to do and going out and getting a GM who has knowledge of talent in the league to help him out and give him the keys to unlock the right doors that will lead this team in the right direction this season and hopefully a playoffs spot. @Novak4Prez getting his contract wiped is also a smart move as he would go for a lot during bidding being a very talented Right-Winger.

This team didn't have many spots to fill on the roster during bidding, so they only did what they had to do and go out and get a top defense men, that's exactly what they did as they got @Dxwny for a price that he's well worth.

They also got @x ScrumZzyy in bidding who can either play the 1st line with @Dxwny and let him carry, or play where he fits the best and that being the 2nd line.

They got @VEXEloQuence who I personally don't know as I've never played with/against him but judging by his stats he looks to be more of a forward and not an actually defense men. Going to be very interesting to see what he does this season playing defense most likely on the 2nd line.

Montreal got most of their roster during bidding as they were locked and loaded on numerous of top picks in this previous draft that happened. They got players like @gunass0910 @djunreal2010 @JPH_VeNoM who are all well-known in the community for being solid forward players.

Overall Goalie Grade: D+

Standings Predictions: 4-5-6 Eastern Atlantic

Ottawa Senators

@KingClutch x 77 taking over Ownership for this team after playing an entire season of defense on this team last season is pretty funny, sad you couldn't get Vegas @KingClutch x 77 as I know that's what you wanted.

Making @Jim Benning the GM for the Senators this season is a pretty good move considering he would go for a lot in bidding as he's a pretty solid Left-Winger for some odd reason decides to play Center.

The real Jim Benning would agree with me and have you play on the Left-Wing rather than playing Center.

Ottawa did pretty good during bidding as they acquired what they needed, that being another very solid considered top defense men in the league as they got @Fewch_ and another solid Right-Winger to add that depth to the roster as they got @xDubz47 who will most likely play on the line with @KingClutch x 77 @Who_AreU-

I kind of see forward depth on this team as they already have some solid pieces that they could work with throughout the season if needed to improve.

Looking at the defense of the Senators,

I would assume @Fewch_ @canuckftc12W would fill the 1st line defense pairing on this team, if so that's a pretty solid defense pairing as @Fewch_ is more offensive mind-set and @canuckftc12W is more defensive mind-set so it mixes very well.

@ShroomSmoke is a pretty solid defense men as well, adding that right side defensive depth to this team.

Looking at the left defense side, this team does lack a solid 2nd defense men. Without a doubt they could upgrade on their 2nd Left-Defense men to add that structure to the defense core of this team.

Overall Goalie Grade: A-

Standings Predictions: 1-2 Eastern Atlantic

Tampa Bay Lightning

This teams roster as of now is very.....

I honestly don't even know where to start or what to talk about.

@rV_CLuTcHz is a pretty solid player, but tends to do a lot of unnecessary dekes during games and I'm most certain that the entire community would agree with me on his contract being way overpaid.

@JCpens22 is another pretty solid Left-Winger on this team who I think will do some damage this season and put up reasonable numbers even though he has little support around him.

Besides those 2 players, nothing really else to talk about regarding this team and the forwards that they have.

Tampa Bay Lightning defense = @Daddy Marino

I suggest you fix your availability this season as this team is in need for you to carry this defense core.

I can say though @flight-airline is a freak between the pipes and isn't known to many teams or else he wouldn't of went under 1M during bidding, hopefully he can steal some games for this team considering not the greatest defense in front of him.

Overall Forward Grade: C

Standings Predictions: 6-7-8 Eastern Atlantic

Toronto Maple Leafs

I can honestly say that this organization can turn around this season and make the playoffs for the first time in 6 seasons because of the new management that runs this team. It really makes a difference when you have an Owner and GM who have knowledge of talent in the league and are very likable guys to deal with when trading as this is what this organization lacked for many seasons.

@AAli-21 taking over Toronto this seasons making his first big decision by bringing in @PteCyr to be his GM which is honestly a very good choice considering he's a top Left-defense men and would go for a lot in bidding as defense usually goes for a lot.

Toronto doing what everyone expected them to do during the draft and get @OohDat-Twiggle_ as he's a well-known solid french player.

During bidding this team did pretty good as they got some very solid pieces and steals coming out of bidding with guys like @leafsfan1744 @MarcoGoes5H0LE who are really solid players and can produce throughout the season with high trade value.

They got @Guccimane50 as well adding that depth to the left side of the ice securing 2 very solid Left-Wingers.

Expect a lot more french players to join this team this season with @PteCyr making those
    trape métiers. Unless @AAli-21 lays down the hammer and doesn't want Season 6 Toronto Maple Leafs to be an all french team.

Western Central

Standings:

1) Chicago Blackhawks

2) Colorado Avalanche

3) Dallas Stars

4) Minnesota Wild

5) Nashville Predators

6) St. Louis Blues

7) Winnipeg Jets

I'm pretty sure this season is going to be another season were the Western Central division is going to be stronger than ever. Team(s) are going to have 100+ points and still don't make the playoffs just like last season.

Chicago Blackhawks

This team is basically the same team as previous seasons just with new management running the team and a few new additions/losing some key additions.

@Desjy99 taking over Ownership and making his first smart decision as Owner and making @Kraz18 his GM which is without a doubt a very good decision considering he's a top Right-Winger in the league who can put up 80+ points every season.

During bidding, they got back @Class_Act_27 with a very shocking price that myself and I'm sure others can agree with me on this, thought he would go for at least 10M in bidding.

They made an excellent trade before bidding acquiring @Hriiz to add that depth down the middle as he's a very solid Center who can also play Right-Wing just as good making him useful in many ways.

@Serpe x 13 is still on the roster with an incredible contract of 3M considering he would go for way more in bidding, let's see if this season he can win the Selke award as he brags and calls himself “SelkeSerpe” all the time.

@Rukhshan_NHL @Coltcrazy are very good players for their contracts that they went for in bidding, they will do some serious damage if playing together on the 3rd line.

Compared to previous seasons of this organization, this is where I see the defense depth lacking this season compared to other seasons in Chicago. No need to explain myself on why I think this as I'm pretty sure everyone already can agree with me just by looking at the defense roster on this team.

@Desyd19 is a pretty solid defense men and definitely improved his overall gameplay as a defense men compared to last year, but I'm not sure if I can agree on his contract that he went for in bidding.

The rest of the defense men on this team have decent contract prices for what they are really worth in bidding as none of them are really overpaid or underpaid.

@Kerns-_- back in Chicago as expected, although he did get traded before bidding even started but the trade got reversed because of a rookie management move from both sides.

@Back342 is a pretty solid backup goalie who will only be playing less than 3-4 games every week but I think this is may be the best backup goalie that Chicago ever had, I could be mistaken as I wasn't around for Season 1 or 2, Didn't really pay attention that much Season 3 as I was focused on the AHL more to be honest. — Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this statement.

Overall Goalie Grade: A-

Standings Predictions: 1-2-3 Western Central

Colorado Avalanche

When looking at the Colorado Avalanche forward roster, I only see 1 solid line-up

@Semple19@xTheGreatMP7@lmaoBBK

I'm pretty sure you need more than 1 solid line-up to be considered a cup contending team.

They traded for @xNav61 from New Jersey as he's on a pretty good draft contract still with 1 season left to go. Now I haven't really seen him play myself, so I can't comment on my opinion/thoughts regarding his game but I have heard that he's a pretty solid Center for the most part.

You can't judge him as a player by his stats from last season because let's face it, any forward in this league can put up good numbers playing on a power house team like what New Jersey had from previous seasons. He's on a totally different team this season with not a lot of support around him so let's see if his performance this season and if his numbers can maintain and or improve compared to last season.

I haven't seen @XGeneral420X play forward, not even skater to mention but I have seen him play goalie, and he's without a doubt #TopG : D

@xUnknown_31 back between the pipes for another season as his name isn't “unknown” anymore as he had proven to the entire community that he's a top goalie in the league now as his game has dramatically improved in net.

He also has some help from his backup goalie being @Cage as he's very solid between the pipes as well from what I've seen so far playing against him.

Overall Goalie Grade: B+

Standings Predictions: 4-5 Western Central

Dallas Stars

It doesn't matter what top-tier forwards this team gets this season and stacks up the offense because at the end of the season, come playoffs they only going to do what this team is well-known to do

[​IMG]

Although they did fix their goalie situation and now they have 2 really solid goalies between the pipes for the team this Season, so it's going to be very interesting to see what happens this season with this team.

Standings Predictions: 1-2-3 Western Central

Minnesota Wild

This team honestly turned out better than what I expect them to be after bidding. They got some really solid players out of bidding, @Marner-- who is a top Left-Winger in the league, going for a pretty reasonable contract price.

@TGil36 Who many may agree with him being a bit overpaid but that doesn't take away the fact that he's a solid Right-Winger who knows how to put the puck in the net as shown last season in New Jersey, I'm sure they wouldn't of got him if he wasn't a top-tier forward in the league.

Minnesota recently traded for the Selke winner himself @HJHF14 who displayed a very good defensive season, last season in St. Louis and is looking to have another dominate season in the Center defense categories.

@Holy_Coley is honestly not bad for his contract price that he went for during bidding, he will put up some crazy numbers this season playing on the 3rd line I would assume.

Minnesota Wild defense core is looking stronger than ever and has some depth.
    @Bo-Dangles10 @Hardik88 assuming they going to be the 1st line defense paring both being phenomenal defense men who know how to control the blue-line and make some efficient break out passes.

@oSUPAHSTARo Is another solid Left-Defense men who is an old gen player looking to get back to his old game and show how solid he can be going up against top-tier forwards in the league.

I'm not sure what made @Suter_I20I decide to switch to defense this season as he's a pretty solid goalie and I wouldn't classify him as a solid defense men. Going to be really interesting to see his performance this season and if he will upgrade his 2nd Right-Defense men and move to the 3rd line or if he will take on playing on the 2nd line playing as a 2nd pairing defense men this season.

@Shmucked Can be really inconsistent sometimes between the pipes as he will make some crazy saves during games but other games he will forget how to play goalie. But he does qualify for the starter position on this team and that is exactly what he will be and is the reason on why they bid 2M on him during RFA Bidding.

Overall Goalie Grade: B

Standings Predictions: 3-4 Western Central

Nashville Predators

I was honestly shocked seeing @x-RECKI-x taking GM for this Nashville Predators team.

They honestly did not bad during bidding as they acquired some really solid players.

They were focused on getting a #1 Left-Winger and that's exactly what they did as they got @vxWoytkiw8xv for a reasonable contract price as he will be a top Left-Winger by the end of the season with amazing stats.

They got a first line Right-Winger by getting @XxJusT4TheShoWxX for 8.5M as that's what price he was expected to be at after bidding. Also, got @LaFamiglia15 for a price that in my opinion he's worth way more making them getting him for a steal. @x-RECKI-x is playing Right-Wing this season and not goalie as well, making this team have 3 very solid Right-Wingers for this season.

They got @H2O Fluri to be their first line Center, now I personally don't know this guy as I've never seen him play before considering he's an Xbox player. Judging by his stats he looks to be a pretty solid player who could fit playing on the first line very well, especially when playing with top wingers having that support on the wing.

Looking at this teams defense is where I see them lacking as they don't even have a top known defense men and could need some upgrading since they already have sick top-tier forwards.

Standings Predictions: 3-4-5 Western Central

St. Louis Blues

I'm not even going to beat around the bush and going to come straight forward with my opinions/thoughts regarding this team as of now;

I just don't see the NHL level quality of players when looking at this teams' roster, I mean you can argue the fact that these players may have some really good chemistry with each other as they play together a lot.

Sure,

But my point of view here is I just don't see this team competing with the other well depth teams in this division and by the end of the season don't see this team being one of the teams that will make the playoffs unless changes happen before trade deadline inquiring some top-tier talent.

I'm not saying every single player on this team isn't NHL quality worthy, that's not the case because there are a couple players on this team that are worthy enough to play on a 2nd line or even 3rd line at best.

@im just a squid being one of those players as this team got this player during bidding and is the highest paid player on this team with an 8.5M contract price. I personally don't know this player as I've never seen him play, so I can't comment my thoughts on his contract price considering he's an Xbox player and I don't play Xbox, never have.

Going to be very interesting to see what he will do this season and if he can produce with very little support around him.

@Labrat is a really solid Center for a 1M contract price and could fit playing on the 2nd line very well as that's where he belongs. He also has a Championship experience, so he has the background knowledge of what needs to happen in order to be a successful player and I'm sure he will try to help and bring some ideas to the table on how to build a successful team this season.

The rest of the players on this team is where I just don't see the NHL level quality to go up against other top-tier players in the league, especially if these guys are playing 1st line where they should be playing 3rd line at best.

Overall Goalie Grade: C-

Standings Predictions: 6-7 Western Central

Winnipeg Jets

This team is honestly not that bad as many would think different.

They went out and got a first line Center during RFA Bidding accruing @PenguinsHockey__ as everyone already knows what he's capable of doing in the offensive zone every game. Elite play-making Center who has vision on the ice and plays a back check defensive game.

Acquiring @The_Blind_Ref to be the 2nd line Center I would assume is what their plans were during bidding, now I've never seen this guy play Center as most people would know him being a natural Winger as that's what he has played in previous seasons.

The big question is his contract, overpaid or underpaid?

I have to lean more towards the overpaid side as I just don't think he's worth 6M playing Center, maybe playing his natural position but not at Center.

@Sfic16 is probably the best if not one of the best 500K contract players in this league, he can put the puck in the net when needed and can dominate playing on the 3rd line as that's where he fits the best. His defensive game can sometimes be very inconsistent as a Winger and likes to stay high/cherry pick if you would call it not covering his man when in the defensive game leaving the defense men wide open at the point for shots, besides that though his overall gameplay as a winger is pretty solid for a 500K contract price.

Now, looking at this teams defense core

This is where I see them lacking as this is another team that can't say that they have a top defense men who qualify and can play on a 1st line.

Hopefully @lx JoneZ xl got paid 1.7M during bidding to stand on his head and steal some games when needed this season with nothing special nor solid defense men who can say they are 1st line worthy.

Overall Goalie Grade: C+

Standings Predictions
    : 5-6-7 Western Central

Western Pacific

Standings:

1) Anaheim Ducks
    2) Arizona Coyotes
    3) Calgary Flames
    4) Edmonton Oilers
    5) Los Angeles Kings
    6) San Jose Sharks
    7) Vancouver Canucks
    8) Vegas Golden Knights

Now considering this is my own division, I don't really want to do a write-up regarding the teams in this division and express my thoughts/opinions on individual players and teams as its bad luck and I don't want to start any problems nor make enemies in my own division as I'm a very friendly person :)

I would rather make people dislike me by shitting on them during games rather than saying my thoughts/opinions in a thread and having them strongly disagree with what I say causing problems.

Actually, fine......

I will express my thoughts/opinions on the Western Pacific

[​IMG]

That concludes this LGHL Season 6 “My Predictions” Write-up where I expressed my thoughts and or opinions on each team and individual players on every team. I ranked and graded every team based of off current roster and not being biased or having anything to do with disliking certain teams making them not get a high grade or value opinion from me.

Keep in mind that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and has the right to say what they want to say despite if others agree or disagree.

I will not be doing weekly write-ups this season as I used to do back in Season 3 and 4 simply because I don't have the time to do that so don't expect weekly write-ups from me. I just had some spare time this weekend and I thought to myself, why not bring back those great write-ups that I used to do as it would be a perfect time considering the season starts tonight.

At the end of the season, I might do a playoffs predictions write-up.

I would just like to say good luck to every team this season and may the best teams win :)

I hope you guys enjoyed and appreciate this write-up despite if comments were made that you might not agree with, maybe everything I said in this write-up you agree with? (Please don't take these comments to heart and be very sensitive)

Anyways,

Discuss!!

• Like x 19
    • Winner x 9
    • Get Good x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. GonzoArmstrong

GonzoArmstrong Warning Group

Ratings:
    +1,212 / 169 / -318
    @Kingbling647 - Nice writeup. I would like to say that baris is my d partner though. socca can't have him :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. JTresatti

JTresatti Kobe

Ratings:
    +1,059 / 74 / -117
    Good write up, but your standings and season predictions dont match up at all. Im not sure if the standings is what you expect each team to finish by at the end of the season or not. Nonetheless, a great write up. ;)

jtresatti
  4. xDoer3

xDoer3 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xdoer3#0
    Ratings:
    +1,477 / 34 / -102
    Great write up! I dont agree with things you said about tampa but thats just me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Mesmerize-_-

Mesmerize-_- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Mesmercack#9743
    Ratings:
    +263 / 7 / -15
    Good writeup KB, im sure this took awhile to write, a little detail on every team is always good to read.

• Like Like x 1
    XMesmerizeX
  6. Flapjack8796

Flapjack8796 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Flappy#0924
    Ratings:
    +669 / 8 / -20
    Yea all the standings, grades and predictions dont line up at all and are super confusing

Edit: So I guess the standings are listed in alphabetical order? Should probably just remove them or change them to equal your actual prediction as it is just confusing but other than that great write up :D

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Flapjack8796
  7. Shmucked

Shmucked Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +149 / 3 / -7
    "I guess he qualifies for a starting goalie position"

Geez.... cya out there on the ice bud.

• Like Like x 1
    Shmucked
  8. KBI13I

KBI13I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580 / 78 / -164
    They aren't suppose to match up as that wasn't my idea. It is kind of hard to match them up because when predicting what teams will finish in what spot at the end of the season, I couldn't give you a strict answer as that would be very hard and inaccurate to do. That's why I said like x team will finish either 1-2-3 spot in that division.

I just went at the top of the page to “Standings” and once you click on that the standings pop up correct?

I just copied and paste the standings and the teams as the order they are already in.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Anttzy-

Anttzy- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Chief#9925
    Ratings:
    +3,750 / 244 / -506
    Just wait till the show goes up again, Ima throat fuck you to the point where you're choking as much as Dallas has :(

Meanie

• Funny Funny x 2
    zChieef
  10. KBI13I

KBI13I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580 / 78 / -164
    I think you were reading another goalies comment because that's not what I said about you.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Chislett 19

Chislett 19 Warning Group

Discord:
    Chislett 19#7722
    Ratings:
    +217 / 4 / -11
    Holy fuck well done, alot of work went into this.

Good read

No Streaming Account
  12. Daddy Marino

Daddy Marino Daddy's Home

Discord:
    Marino#0159
    Ratings:
    +532 / 27 / -102
    [​IMG]

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Old x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
    Marino71
  13. Jade_Dragoon_

Jade_Dragoon_ Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Jade Dragoon#6253
    Ratings:
    +127 / 4 / -17
    First @JTx11- doesn't do a Western Pacific write up and now you don't. Shame as it's prolly the most competitive division this season.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    trizzelpigporker
  14. KadGOAT--

KadGOAT-- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Kadri--#0942
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -1
    rip, im not a top lw in the league. and i am very overpaid

#fakenews

• Like Like x 5
    • Troll Troll x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    philalabastro
  15. Furdayzbuddy

Furdayzbuddy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -5
    Everyone always taken a dump on stl lol

furdayzbuddy
  16. MPelley25

MPelley25 Your mom's favorite goaltender

Ratings:
    +583 / 83 / -80
    Wow, another guy taking shots at me.

• Like Like x 2
    supervezina
  17. Sedinpower

Sedinpower Warning Group

Ratings:
    +629 / 18 / -54
    Great write up

No Streaming Account
  18. DYNOxMIKE

DYNOxMIKE NHL 10 Legend

Discord:
    Dyno Mike#9443
    Ratings:
    +1,178 / 42 / -125
    @DynoMikeV2 complains about the game too much as nothing ever suits his interest and or goes his way during games to enjoy playing the game every year, if I would make a comment about his individual skill and or overall gameplay as a Right-winger he would just complain and disagree with my opinions/thoughts, so I just won't say nothing about him.

Love you too

not like you can say much about my right wing ability regardless, because I never did play right wing with you. But no! I dare you go back and actually just give your opinion instead of a blanket statement that everyone makes bc its easy.

I do know how @JClaus33 feels though, new material would be nice. I've never even been in a party with you, either - its from what other people have said.

I enjoy reading these regardless

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    DynoMike25
  19. SelkeSean

SelkeSean Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SelkeSean#4027
    Ratings:
    +1,103 / 41 / -70
    How many times can a KingBling say "season" in one sentence?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    2wayhockey
  20. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Nybarisny