LGRL Season 1 thoughts and suggestions.

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Rocket League (LGRL)' started by IXI Ein IXI, May 6, 2016.

1. IXI Ein IXI

IXI Ein IXI LGRL Commissioner

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4
    With The first season of LGRL only a week away from officially being over, I first want to thank everyone who managed a team or played this season and hope it was enjoyable for you. I would also like to Congratulate @Oo TheF0X oO and @EZxBlessTheFall along with their team mates for being part of the first LGRL Finals. We plan on having a few weeks off between seasons to try and get everything we as staff want added to the league that helps everyone have a competitive and fun league next season.

I know before the season started there was a lot of things going back and forth and criticism about how well this league would do. While I wouldn't say everything went 100% according to plan I will call it a big success and hope to continue that into growing this league next season. I know most of the people I have talked to had a blast this season but I know some teams struggled and might have a different opinion but I hope everyone that played will give it a second chance. My door is always open if you want to talk about anything regarding the league. Ask any owner this season and they will tell you I was more than willing to help them out with anything they needed.

Also with LGRL finals starting this Monday We are looking for 2 people who know how to do a professional stream, and be a commentary team. IF you are interested please feel free to PM me.

With that done I would like to open it up to anyone else who would like to comment or suggest anything they personally like to see changed or added to next season.

• Like Like x 1
    LGRL_Official
  2. xRoamingxRoninx

xRoamingxRoninx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +347 / 0 / -6
    I would volunteer as tribute.... but i'm playing...

Dalilaama
  3. Powdah P

Powdah P Hey Mom!!

Discord:
    Powdah P#2083
    Ratings:
    +501 / 0 / -0
    @IXI Ein IXI I think the biggest issue this league faced was talent disparity. The EZ crew should walk through the finals no problem and rightfully so, they only lost 6 games in the entire regular season and all 6 of those games were lost by one goal. So how do we narrow the talent gap? Now this isn't a perfected idea but I hate discussing problems without offering some form of solution so here are a couple.

We go to two divisions, Division A and Division B

Division A consists of the top half of the league while Division B is the bottom half based on the previous season record. At the end of the season the top two teams from division b move up to division a and the bottom two from division a get relegated to division b. The schedule is setup so you only play out of your division a handful of times and majority of your games will be played against teams within your division.

next idea...

Once again we have two divisions(a, b) A division gets the first, third, fifth, seventh...place teams or all the odd numbers while the B division gets all the even numbered teams. Scheduling would be made so you only play out of your division a handful of times and majority of your games will be played against teams within your division.

I know these may not be the best ideas in the world but we have to get the conversation rolling now rather than later, I personally feel that if a bad team has a fighting chance within there division they are more likely to finish out the season as opposed to giving up all together.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. EZxBlessTheFall

EZxBlessTheFall Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -0
    I do feel like teams just weren't showing up to our games specifically towards the latter part of the season. So we were just forced to be online for the forfeit when I could have been..
    1. Taking a nice walk on the beach
    2. Shootin' hoops with da boyz
    3. Slayin' boar on World of Warcraft

etc. etc.

No Streaming Account
  5. iCh3ap

iCh3ap Pre-order my book at Amazoom

Discord:
    ich3ap#0135
    Ratings:
    +651 / 7 / -18
    Need more Owners.

I was luck enough to get myself off an inactive team and to the leagues credit, it wasn't very hard to do. But a lot of members aren't as active as I am on the site and just didn't bother I feel like.
    I get the idea behind the RA teams and the reach for owners but there was a good amount of solid players stuck on inactive teams this season who I know really wanted to play.

I like the 2 division idea but if we don't have enough teams we cant be expected to play the same 3 teams every week

6. IXI Ein IXI

IXI Ein IXI LGRL Commissioner

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4
    Glad to see we are at least getting things going. I agree that the talent difference was a factor this season and something we are looking into. I also like both ideas, first one would be hard unless we get a lot of team/owners sign up.

It all comes down to people wanting to run teams next season. I went with a quantity over quality approach this season and that probably did more harm than good.

LGRL_Official
  7. Powdah P

Powdah P Hey Mom!!

Discord:
    Powdah P#2083
    Ratings:
    +501 / 0 / -0
    Yea I understand your frustration when my team was still active we were showing up just to have teams no show and I can only imagine the amount of time the EZ crew spent just waiting. I had fun in the games I did get to play but my skill level just wasn't what it needs to be in order to be successful. This league has a lot of potential but in the end it is still just a game and if people can't handle losing they should continue to play randoms in lobbies because not everyone can win and almost everyone here quits when the team is bad. Hopefully we can find a way to improve on the first season and make season two more competitive

P.s. Why you slaying boar on wow when you should be tearing it up in Ashran running through alliance strongholds

No Streaming Account
  8. murph17

murph17 Puff, Puff, Pass, Score!

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hi - Pocket Rockets team member here. Tried my best but I don't have a lot of spare time. Just wanted to sign up and show up for some games. After 2nd or 3rd week, no one else was showing up so I stopped too. Didn't know I could possibly get put on another team like iCh3ap mentioned.

If there is A and B league, I would come back next season. I don't even think I played vs EZ Street, but I did play a bunch of games vs GA and PJP and they wiped us pretty hard like 5/6. Also, I suck.

murph17