LGRL Season 2 thoughts and suggestions.

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Rocket League (LGRL)' started by IXI Ein IXI, Oct 5, 2016.

1. IXI Ein IXI

IXI Ein IXI LGRL Commissioner

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4
    With the season being over, I first want to thank everyone who managed a team or played this season and hope it was enjoyable for you. We plan on having a few weeks off between seasons to try and get everything we as staff want added to the league that helps everyone have a competitive and fun league next season.

I would like to thank everyone who was a part of this season as it was much more enjoyable than season 1 and can only hope we will improve on that again next season. I know most of the people I have talked to had a blast this season and look forward to next season but I know some teams struggled and might have a different opinion but I hope everyone that played will give it a another chance. My door is always open if you want to talk about anything regarding the league. Ask any owner this season and they will tell you I was more than willing to help them out with anything they needed.

With that done I would like to open it up to anyone else who would like to comment or suggest anything they personally like to see changed or added to next season. We have already started the discussion with previous owners who will be returning but we are always looking to see what others have to offer.

• Like Like x 1
    LGRL_Official
  2. ded279

ded279 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 1 / -4
    Overall I think the season went very well. One suggestion I have is regarding the rules of games played. I think there should be a limit to how many games a player can play in a week. Players like me and Dali could have played every game of the season if our team wanted to. I don't know what it should be but I think there should definitely be a limit in regular and post season. This will hopefully encourage teams to try harder to spend their cap on a deeper roster rather than just buyout the top players for max amount then only have 1 mil left for the rest of the team

• Like Like x 1
  3. IXI Ein IXI

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4
    That is something we are looking into.

LGRL_Official
  4. DR0C

DR0C Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Droc#6229
    Ratings:
    +118 / 9 / -11
    I agree with what Mr Deed said. Also feel like maybe trying later game times will help with future signups. Ive been told by many people(east coast specifically) that they would have loved to sign up if the game times werent so early and were at a later times. A lot of guys from the first season really liked the game times in Season 1(no clue what they were but obviously later than what they are now).

Another thought I had is maybe cutting the "free management" contracts down to only 2 per team. Only owner and GM having no salary. It could be flawed but imo it would make it so there could be more talent in bidding and possibly more teams down the line in future seasons.

Last thought, I definitely feel like we need to change how the scheduling format works. I could be the only one who thinks this but i feel that its really unnecessary to play 3 different teams in a night. Wouldnt it be easier to play 1 team per night for 3 games? Just feel like it would be a little more convienant to stay in one lobby rather than having to make 3 different ones. Or you could even go playing 2 series per night(6 games total) against 2 different teams. Games dont last long anyways. it would maybe take an hour max to complete both series'. So for example using the format we used this season: series 1 game times would be 8 pm, 8:15, 8:30. Now obiviously each game will NOT take 15 mins to complete. So you could even say that Series 1 needs to be done in the time frame of 8-8:30. Then series 2 would start at around 8:35ish(giving teams a bit of a grace period from series 1). This could potentially get playing time for more people on their teams since in my proposal we wouldnt be changing the Monday-Thursday format. So in all, there would be 24 games per week. Season Schedule length could be discussed upon a different time.

Not all these are the perfect solutions. But imo these are just ideas that ive had. Essentially the same ones that ive expressed in the management pm's. Looking forward to season 3. Lets make it even better than season 2!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    DR0C
  5. DR0C

DR0C Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Droc#6229
    Ratings:
    +118 / 9 / -11
    Just to add on from my last post. This is more of post season awards. I think almost everyone would love to see some sort of awards for mvp of the league, most goals, assists, saves, point total and individual score total. Could have fun with the naming of each award. Obviously would be cool as well to have banners for each winning team of the LG Rocket League Cup posted on each team members profile.

• Like Like x 1
    DR0C
  6. IXI Ein IXI

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4
    For times do you mean west coasters? I dont see 8pm being to early for east coasters. As far as last season times I got the opposite sayings from people after that season, more from east than west coasters, when we had them at 11-11:30pm. I dont like having the games at 8pm myself, as I'm not a East coaster, I would like to have them more in the 9-9:30 area but I still see to much of people ditching their team for LGHL games that I dont feel comfortable moving any later based off what I have seen. The other thing is people dont check the forums often enough for a poll to be useful either. We had a poll for times last season and only got 34 votes when we have had 150+ signups both seasons. Its easier to try and fit around LGHL as a 30 min block like we are now the more games we add the more difficult that becomes.

We are looking at cutting down the management contracts to just the Owner and GM.

I havent heard that as a complaint until now but that was the scheduling format we had in season 1 it is more convenient but lead to forfeits either the whole match or after a game or two if it was a team that was very good. Personally I enjoyed this format more this season having different teams make every game more difficult, having to learn how another team plays right away instead of having a game to figure it out plus just playing different people every game was more enjoyable. In my opinion if we do go back to this style of format we need to be adding a 3rd line to teams, thats been the one thing I keep hearing people want and I want it just because it adds more players.

As I have said I have the ability to give awards but we currently have no LGRL specific awards, once we get them hopefully I will be able to hand them out to previous winners.

LGRL_Official
  7. DR0C

DR0C Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Droc#6229
    Ratings:
    +118 / 9 / -11
    Im a west coast guy so the times right now are perfect for me. But the people i have heard from who played in season 1(i messaged a good portion trying to recruit prior to season 2) had said the new times were the main reason of them not signing up.

DR0C