LGVFA Rules

Discussion in 'LGVFA' started by Starwood18, Jan 13, 2015.

1. ImJeff

ImJeff Five time PLB Champion Platinum

Discord:
    .starwood#0
    Ratings:
    +2,441 / 7 / -8
    [​IMG]

League Introduction

The League Gaming Versus Football Association (LGVFA) is a competitive 1v1 (versus) league that uses the XBox One’s version of FIFA 15. Unlike other leagues that are hosted on League Gaming, the LGVFA will not necessarily attempt to mimic any other soccer league, though inspiration is derived from them.

The league’s staff will consist of three for the time being. Myself (ImJeff) as the Commissioner, lx MAXWELL xl as Deputy Commissioner, and zv Brad vz will serve as a BOG. Also unlike other leagues that are handled on League Gaming, the basic premise of the league’s rules will be common sense. In the event that players are not participating in the spirit of fair play and competition, the staff reserves the right to step in and take action it deems appropriate.

League Structure - Season Five Only

• The season will consist of a eight week regular season followed by a playoff beginning February 8th, 2015.
    • To promote fair play, players will need to select between 3.5 - 4.5 star teams.
    • Each week you will be scheduled to play three games. Unlike other League Gaming leagues, you will not have a set time and date to play these games. You will need to work with your opponents to find a time and date to play your game.
    • You'll need to use the 1v1 proposal system to find a time that works for you. In the event that there are issues with the proposal system, please communicate in the week thread. If having trouble through there, reach out to the other player on XBox.

• The playoffs will begin April 5th, 2015 and each round will feature a home and away leg with the higher seeded team playing at home in the second game.
    • The playoffs will consist of the Top 8 teams from each conference, the winner from each division and 12 wild card positions. Winning your division does not guarantee you a top seed.
    • The team with the higher score on aggregate will move on.
    • In the case of a tie, the team with more away goals will move on. If that does not produce a result, the teams will start up a new game and play an additional half, with the higher seeded team being home. This process will continue until one team is ahead at the end of a half.

Game Night Procedures

• Once you’ve set a time with your opponent, you’ll need to add them as a friend on XBox so that you can play an Online Friendly Season.
    • Don’t waste people’s time. Most of the players in this league are also part of other online leagues on League Gaming and are trying to fit a game in between their other games.
    • Whoever is the home team will send the invite, make sure that the roster is set to Online before sending the invite.
    • You DO NOT need to be in a party or in game chat during the game.
    • No five back formations allowed.
    • Game speed must be set to “Normal”.
    • Half lengths must be set to “6 Minutes”

Lag/Disconnect

• Playing past the ten minute mark is an agreement by both players that the latency in the game is acceptable.
    • If before ten minutes, please contact your opponent and work with him to reduce the latency and restart the match from the beginning. This may include power cycling your modem, router, and XBox by both players or rescheduling the game for another time.
    • If issues persist, don’t hesitate to contact a league official.
    • If you get disconnected, both teams should take pictures of the Team Stats, create the game again, let the time run down to whatever the time was at disconnection and let the player who had possession get it again and play on.

Forfeits

• The league will do whatever it can to have games played out. The league will not tolerate players who try and weasel their way into getting free points via a forfeit.
    • That being said, if a player is wasting another player’s time and is continually not showing up for his games, we will be removing the player in question from the league and awarding a forfeit if necessary.
    • Forfeit wins will count as 1-0 wins on the scoreboard, and the winning team will be awarded three points in the standings.

Stat Taking

• An accurate stats system is an integral part of the League Gaming experience, however it’s only effective if the end user (you) takes responsibility and ensures that stats are entered in properly and accurately.
    • The winning team will be responsible for entering in the stats. In the event of a draw, the home team will take on the responsibility.
    • Best Practice: Take a quick photo regardless of your responsibility. We’ll have a handful of new players to the league and it’s possible that they won’t catch on to the process right away.
    • Pictures will only be used for dispute purposes.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
    • Like Like x 13
    Starwood84
  2. Hawkeyenation9

Hawkeyenation9 LGBA League Official

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -3

lol why

No Streaming Account
  3. Lx_Maxwell_xI

Lx_Maxwell_xI ImJeff is my best friend.

Ratings:
    +741 / 13 / -13
    Because there are people that play with green ones, and they are damn near impossible to see. This just makes sure those types of things don't happen.

• Like Like x 3
    MaxwellOnline
  4. ImJeff

Discord:
    .starwood#0
    Ratings:
    +2,441 / 7 / -8
    Playing around with Maxwell today, I guess the ball you choose in your default settings is the ball you see. Your opponent sees the ball he has set as his default, so the white ball rule doesn't matter and is removed. Use that neon pink ball [MENTION=7923]Noobinator156[/MENTION]!

• Like Like x 2
    Starwood84
  5. Rushpac

Rushpac First ever back-to-back PLB champion bitches!

Ratings:
    +981 / 17 / -16
    Can't wait!

Rushpac
  6. ImJeff

Discord:
    .starwood#0
    Ratings:
    +2,441 / 7 / -8
    Talking with Tris, due to there being a previous LG FIFA 1v1 league years ago, we'll be unable to call this season a beta season and will need to call it "Season 4". This won't change anything for us other than the name of the season. I've changed the mention of it in the rules.

I just want to mention that I don't want anyone to get the idea that a Beta or Introductory Season should mean that it's any less of a season. It will be a little bit shorter, but the goal of the season is to get a full season's worth in, and get some people promoted to a higher division so that we can have a promotion and relegation season. All rules will be enforced as normal and I'm in talks with [MENTION=7406]F5 Penguin[/MENTION] to bring some kind of media to this league, should help build excitement.

One last bit of information, I'm currently considering limiting the amount of teams that are allowed in the league. The reason for this is because we don't have a training camp like the OTP leagues do. We need a reserve list of players because there will be people who sign up and don't play their games. I realize that people will want to sign up mid season, but what happens if we have someone no show from the start and don't have a replacement for them? Have one team with 2-3 weeks of forfeits? I don't think that's a good start for the league.

Thanks for reading guys, looking forward to opening up signups on Sunday.

• Like Like x 6
    Starwood84
  7. ImJeff

Discord:
    .starwood#0
    Ratings:
    +2,441 / 7 / -8
    One update to my last post. We'll currently be limiting the amount of signups for Season 4 to 24. If there's a much larger demand than I had anticipated, I'll up it, but for now we'll stick at 24 so that we can build a reserve list.

Alright, just a note about the EPL 1v1 tournament. We had half of the guys playing and half didn't make an effort. I've decided to focus my efforts into this 1v1 league instead and have closed down the tournament.

@PsychSmokeBBQ
    @nine10thsof1sec
    @x iP i z z i
    @KCNightshade
    @King J0ffrey

Due to your efforts in the EPL 1v1 Tournament in trying to play your games, message me if you want to take up this offer, your spots will be guaranteed in LGVFA.

• Like Like x 5
    Starwood84
  8. F5 Penguin

F5 Penguin #NoFilter

Ratings:
    +1,222 / 4 / -22
    Is there a waiting list? I would like to reserve a spot.

f5penguin
  9. ImJeff

Discord:
    .starwood#0
    Ratings:
    +2,441 / 7 / -8
    There will be, but we haven't opened up signups yet.

Starwood84
  10. ImJeff

Discord:
    .starwood#0
    Ratings:
    +2,441 / 7 / -8
    Just an update. [MENTION=4]Tris10[/MENTION] will be opening up signups at some point today, don't have an exact time. Shouldn't have an issue getting a spot if you signup in the next few days for those worried about it. Updated the rules with the picture that will be required for uploading stats to the league's website. Everyone can ignore the "Waiting List" post I made for now. It's merely a placeholder for future use.

Starwood84
  11. KC x44

KC x44 LGFA's Peter Vermes

Ratings:
    +206 / 11 / -16
    Did you get my message about reserving a spot, and if so, Do I still need to sign up?

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. PsychSmokeBBQ

PsychSmokeBBQ Welcome to Slide Tackle City

Ratings:
    +200 / 13 / -8
    I'm in if there's a spot! Thanks for all your work, Jeff!

• Like Like x 1
    Psychsmokebbq
  13. TheNobleArt

TheNobleArt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    signed=up

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. ImJeff

Discord:
    .starwood#0
    Ratings:
    +2,441 / 7 / -8
    A few updates for 1/19:
    • With way more signups in the first day than I was anticipating, we'll be expanding the league size from 24 to 32.
    • Details to come later today, league will be hosting a live draft Saturday, February 7th at 9pm EST. [MENTION=7406]F5 Penguin[/MENTION] and myself will be hosting a live show to cover this as well.
    • Possibly will be putting together small mini-tournaments each weekend up until the league start as we're still 3 weeks off from the first preseason games.

• Like Like x 1
    Starwood84
  15. Blade mtl

Blade mtl Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 0 / -3
    Dum question no 1 : where do you send the pictures

Dum question no2 : I guess you can preset your team formation strategie so you can be ready to play ?

No Streaming Account
  16. ImJeff

Discord:
    .starwood#0
    Ratings:
    +2,441 / 7 / -8
    1.) Tris is working on the website features for our league at the moment, once he's done it will be similar to doing so in the NHL. You can use your app to take a picture and it will upload it to the site. You'll have the tools to edit the stats yourself and submit. For our preseason tournament, everything will be run in that thread.

2.) Yeah, you can create a team sheet for a particular team, set up their formation, any roles you want certain players to have, custom tactics. Once you save that, and load up a game, you'll hit right on the right analog stick to cycle through your tactics. Highly recommend for your big 3am games.

• Like Like x 1
    Starwood84
  17. ImJeff

Discord:
    .starwood#0
    Ratings:
    +2,441 / 7 / -8
    Added to the rules that the playoffs will be the Top 16 teams.

Promotion/Relegation

Next season we'll be starting the Gold and Silver divisions with the Top 20 teams from this season forming the Gold division, while the bottom 12 along with new signups and waiting list guys forming the Silver division.

Starwood84
  18. F5 Penguin

F5 Penguin #NoFilter

Ratings:
    +1,222 / 4 / -22
    For those of us with superior phones that cannot hold the app, will there be a website interface too? Just verifying.

f5penguin
  19. ImJeff

Discord:
    .starwood#0
    Ratings:
    +2,441 / 7 / -8
    Yeah, you'll be able to do everything on the site as well. I forget that not everyone has been management on this site of a team.

• Like Like x 1
    Starwood84
  20. Lx_Maxwell_xI

Lx_Maxwell_xI ImJeff is my best friend.

Ratings:
    +741 / 13 / -13
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    MaxwellOnline