Links 2004 Singles Tour: Season 1 (Starting back u

Discussion in 'TFC Ontario Soccer - Previous Gen' started by The Destroyer, Jan 30, 2004.

1. The Destroyer

The Destroyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Links 2004 Singles T

Links 2004 Singles Tour: Season 1 (Starting Back Up)

This is not a sign-up, to sign up for a tournament, do so on the links scoreboard (www.leaguegaming.com/links)
    Please read the entire post so you are aware of all the info regarding the first season of Links competition.

Format:

Season 1 of the Links 2004 season is now ready to start back up. Time to grab those golf clubs out of the old garage and shimmy them up in anticipation for the new golf season. We will all be competing in a 9 week stroke season (including a match play tourney if you make it into a top 16 spot on the 'money list') to see who can claim the #1 spot on top of the money list (rankings will be discussed in a separate thread once everything has been worked out). One major difference to our last attempt will be that the tournament will not include a cut line, so the top 32 golfers and ties will take a share of the money for their rankings on the money list. Participation will affect your spot on the rankings list, but it is not mandatory to signup for each week?s event. The more you signup (and the better you do in the tournaments), the higher up the money list you will be.

Each tournament will be made on XSN, and they will be tournaments for Leaguegaming members only (invite only). In order to get an invite, you must "signup" by hitting the signup link on our Links scoreboard. You need to do this each week, for each tournament that you want to be in. I will start a thread for each individual tournament, posting the the information and password for the tourney, but only people that have signed up and are approved can participate (otherwise they will be removed from the XSN tournament). Each tournament will open up on the Thursday or Friday before each scheduled week to ensure everyone has enough time to signup, and so things can get started on the Sunday. For more information about the season setup, be sure to read the following paragraph after the league?s schedule.

After each round is played, your score and stats will be extracted from the XSN website and posted here all automatically. Our system checks every hour, so if your scores post to XSN right before the next cycle, you'll see them post here quickly. If you just missed it, they should show up in the next hour. For more detailed information on how the scoreboard works, please see this thread

We expect big things from this league, so the more fun you have, the better the experience for the league becomes. So be sure to suggest your friends interested in this kind of format in the site, as we hope to be able to fill a 64 man stroke-play tournament each and every week. And if we do indeed have more then that, then we may even make an additional 16, 32 or 62 player group (XSN tournament) if we can (or if it comes to that).

Schedule:

Week 1 ? February 9th to February 15th:

Pacific Invitational at Mauna Lani Country Club

Week 2 ? February 16th to February 22nd:

Rocky Mountain Classic at Superstition Mountain Golf Club

Week 3 ? February 23rd to February 29th:

Aviara Country Classic at Aviara Country Club

Week 4 ? March 1st to March 7th:

Royal Canadian Open at Greywolf Golf Club

Week 5 ? March 8th to March 14th:

Northern International Open at New South Wales Country Club

Week 6 ? March 15th to March 21st:

The U.S. Open at Oakmont Country Club

Week 7 ? March 22nd to March 28th:

The Scottish Open at Loch Lomond Golf Club

Week 8 ? March 29th to April 4th:

The British Open at St. Andrews Golf & Country Club

Week 9 ? April 5th to April 11th:

Tour Championship at Ocean Mill Golf Club

Week 10 (Top 16 members on the money list after Week 9) - April 12th to April 18th:

Match Play Challenge at Superstition Mt, St. Andrews, Oakmont, and Ocean Mill Golf Club (more details to be disclosed closer to the tournament date)

All of these tournaments will be 4 round events without cuts. Here is the breakdown of how each of the tournaments will be run through XSN. The tournament will start on Monday of each week and end on the following Sunday of the next week, so this means that we will require you have 2 spots free on XSN for Leaguegaming tournaments. By going through the tournaments in this fashion, we can keep a constant schedule. So the tournament will open up on the Thursday or Friday of each week and that specific tournament will be cleared off of XSN two Monday?s from that time. By using this scheduling format we ensure that you guys have about 2 days to complete each round when the tournament begins on the Sunday of that given week. Even though the tournament will be without cuts, meaning you realistically have 7 days to complete the four rounds at anytime, we want to keep the 2 days per round so the scoreboards will look a lot cleaner (except for the first 2 rounds, they need to be played over the first 3 days, Mon-Wed). So here are the deadlines that you MUST follow to the best of your ability:

First Round: Anytime From: Monday at 12am PST till Tuesday at 11:59pm PST.
    Second Round: Anytime From: Tuesday at 12am PST till Wednesday at 11:59pm PST
    Third Round: Anytime From: Thursday at 12am PST till Friday at 11:59pm PST
    Fourth Round: Anytime From: Saturday at 12am PST till Sunday at 11:59pm PST

Please follow these guidelines for your rounds unless something comes up that you can't control, but we want everyone to have about 2 days for each of there round. Follow these time-lines and do not complete all of your rounds at once.

Round Settings (will be consistent throughout the season):

Rules: Stroke Play
    Rounds: 4 Rounds without cuts
    Players: 1 or 2
    Difficulty: Advanced
    Mulligans: None
    Holes: All 18
    Tee?s: Championship

All of these settings will already be inputted for you using the XSN site (along with the pin positions and weather/wind conditions), so all you need to do is enter in the round setting code for whatever round you will be completing (example: Round 1 will have a different settings code then Round 2). Startup a match, and then get it going. You can play with another player if you wish, but it is much faster to just go through with it yourself.

XSN Tournament Info:

Each week a different tournament will be created at the XSN sports site (www.xsnsports.com). I will post the name of the tourney and the password required to enter the tourney on the Sunday or Monday of each week. From there, you will visit the XSN site, and see what the round settings codes will be, along with all of the stats of info of the players competing in the tournament. Here is a step-by-step breakdown of what will be needed for you guys to complete your rounds using XSN:

1) Register your gamertag at www.xsnsports.com
    2) Signup for the Tournament(s) when they become available (www.leaguegaming.com) in the Links 2004 forum.
    3) Enter in the tournament name and password to join a specific tournament.
    4) Since each round will be played within a 2 day time-frame, each rounds setting will be listed once that current round is able to be played. So it should appear right near the top of the XSN page, in the 2nd column.
    5) Log onto Xbox Live and then select ?XSN Sports?.
    6) Enter in the tournament name and then the password so the tournament will be saved once you click the ?XSN Sports? logo for your future rounds.
    7) Once you feel your ready to start up your first round, click on the tournament (the name you entered previously), and then enter in the round settings code that you copied down in Step #4.
    8. Then go to ?Create Match? and then start it up. It?s as simple as that!
    9) Once your match is finished, you should get a message stating that your results will be posted in 15-30 min?s time.
    10) To complete your next rounds, find the next rounds settings code, and repeat steps 7 and 8, and you should be just fine.

I hope that is all the information you?ll need to effectively compete in all of this seasons tournaments, and feel free to ask myself any questions if any problems arise using the XSN site.

Incompletes:

Hopefully this won?t be a huge issue, but it will happen every now and then. Such things as: XSN problems, Dirty Disc errors, loss of power, and other problems you cannot control, will become a factor every now and then, but the best thing you can do is not worry about it. If you are unable to complete a round, feel free to tell me what the problem was, so I do not have to second-guess and get a bad impression of yourself. By telling me what the problem was, not only will it ensure your participation in the league in future tournaments, but everyone will see how much of a dedicated gamer you really are. So I will understand that things will come up and occur, so all I ask is that we are all dedicated to any tournaments that you may signup for.

Quitting the XSN Competition:

Just to let you guys know, if you quit out of a tournament before its officially complete (like to make room for other tournaments) then your scorecards for each rounds are erased from the tourney standings, and there is no way for us to grab your stats. So all that I ask from you is to be patient and wait for each tournament to be cleared off, so none of this will be a problem. Please do not quit out of an XSN tournament, just let it clear off after the tournament is complete, unless it's absolutely necessary. If you do have to leave the tournament, at a minimum please wait until our scoreboard has grabbed your results from XSN. This way all your stats are recorded in the Links scoreboards, and you can keep track of your progress throughout the season. Thanks!

So I hope you guys enjoy this season, and hopefully those Inc's over at XSN are a thing of the past. If you have any questions or concerns, or even suggestions, feel free to send me a PM or IM me on any of the Messengers. So just signup if your interested in competing and hope to see you out there on the Links! 8)

No Streaming Account
  2. sandwedge

sandwedge Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sign me up!

Thanks

No Streaming Account
  3. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    btw, sign-up is on the links scoreboard

Look on the right side

4. sandwedge

sandwedge Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Damn ..... I read & re-read the post to see where to sign up & didn't see anything.

sorry.

No Streaming Account
  5. orthostud23

orthostud23 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I want IN!!!!!! Sign me up please.

ryan

No Streaming Account
  6. socalguy

socalguy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well, as we all know I am not too good at the game, but practice makes perfect, so I am going to give it another shot and see how well I can shoot :)

No Streaming Account
  7. pingwrx

pingwrx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sign me up please.

No Streaming Account
  8. IndigoVDub

IndigoVDub Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    He just said it isn't a sign up! You need to go to the scoreboard and signup yourself.

No Streaming Account
  9. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is just an annoucement guys, the "signup" is done the Links scoreboard each week. When you "signup" there, that gets you the XSN invite for the tournament with the password and info.

No Streaming Account
  10. PLiw00D MunKEE

PLiw00D MunKEE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Season !

I found everything and edited this. Sorry:D

No Streaming Account
  11. t_roy

t_roy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Awesom. Already signed up.

No Streaming Account
  12. Vicious696

Vicious696 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    signed up and excited to play :)

No Streaming Account
  13. sworth1840

sworth1840 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Signed up

I'm In for week one. :D

No Streaming Account
  14. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    51 people signed up for week 1 so far!

No Streaming Account
  15. GolfController

GolfController Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey XBoxJon,

Sorry, a little ignorant here. Did I read a post somewhere that in the singles tournament we have to come back and do something after we play our round. Do we have to manually keep track of stats? Or does everything just post over from XSN ?

I remember reading somewhere about this long ago. If you are pulling it from XSN, how do you do that? That is pretty flippin amazing.

No Streaming Account
  16. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, that info was in the original announcement thread, looks like didn't get the cut/paste job this time around.

Basically, after your scores post to XSN, just view your hole by hole scorecard on XSN and enter those hole scores into our database. Once the tournament opens on Sunday, you'll see a link to "input score" on our scoreboard (sorta like the team Links on). Basically, it will have a drop down menu to select which round you are putting in, and then after you select that it will show a blank scorecard for that course with all 18 holes and a final total.

Just transpose your scores over, 4,3, 2, 3, etc and then a total score (ie. -10 , not 62).

I saw a post about a "screen scraper" that someone had developed, which would mean not having to do that at all and the program would extra the data on it's own, but I'm not sure how much Tris10 has researched that. For now, we'll have to manually input our scores in (after they post on XSN). No need to write down your scores as you go in the game, as the only scores that "count" for our scoreboard are the ones that we can verify (ie. that post to XSN). Unfortunately, if someone gets an INC, they'll just get DQ'd from that tournament. Hopefully the XSN issues are behind us and the INC's out of our control are well behind us.

No Streaming Account
  17. GolfController

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for clearing that up, I was a little confused on that point.

How long does the score screen stay up after a round? Do you have time to keep it there, or does xsn kick you out after 30 seconds? I can't remember.

What I'm asking is, do you have time to input straight from the screen to the computer after the round, or is it easier just to write down your scores as you go?

No Streaming Account
  18. TommyNuGuns

TommyNuGuns Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Once they post to XSN just copy down your scores from the scorecard through XSN.

No Streaming Account
  19. GolfController

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Gothchya.

It was a stupid question, I forgot you could view your scorecard in XSN. Thanks.

No Streaming Account
  20. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    GolfController, I think this pretty much covered it.

Just wait until XSN posts your score, then enter your scores into our scoreboard.

No Streaming Account