Links 2004 Team League: Season 1 info w/ Free Agen

Discussion in 'TFC Ontario Soccer - Previous Gen' started by XBoxJon, Jan 19, 2004.

1. XBoxJon

XBoxJon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Links 2004 Team Leag

Format:
    -2 on 2, Best Ball Match Play, 18 holes, on XBox Live (XSN not used)

-Four teams of at least 12 active players each (plus a few alternates to allow for some flexibility and if people have plans one weekend or another). If demand for more rooms becomes a problem, we can add additional rooms to accommodate everyone.

-The season will last 9 weeks (each week a different course), your team will play each of the other teams 3x.

-4 days of golfing (Thu-Sun). 6 rooms spread out over those 4 days. More rooms will be added if we add additional free agent signups in the future.

-Team members can only play in one game/room each weekend. So if you signup and play Friday night, you are done for the week's event. This is truely a team format for golf.

Game Settings:
    Skill Level - Advanced
    Tees - Championship
    Weather - Clear
    , unless both teams (all 4 players) agree to change it for their room
    Pins/Wind - each week, one team will be "home" and the other will be "away" (which will be designated on the scoreboard). The home team picks the wind conditions (calm/breezy/windy) while the away team picks pins (easy/med/diff).

Schedule and Dates:

Week 1: Loch Lomond Jan 19 - Jan 25
    Week 2: Oakmont Jan 26 - Feb 1
    Week 3: Superstition Mountain Feb 2 - Feb 8
    Week 4: New South Wales Feb 9 - Feb 15
    Week 5: Mauna Lani Feb 16 - Feb 22
    Week 6: St. Andrews Feb 23 - Feb 29
    Week 7: Aviara Mar 1 - Mar 7
    Week 8: Greywolf Mar 8 - Mar 14
    Week 9: Ocean Mill Mar 15 - Mar 21

Weekly Room Days/Times (all times EST)
    1 - Thu 10:00pm
    2 - Fri 11:30pm
    3 - Sat 4:00pm
    4 - Sat 11:30pm
    5 - Sun 4:00pm
    6 - Sun 10:00pm

Season 1 matchups
    Wk1
    A vs B
    C vs D

Wk2
    A vs C
    B vs D

Wk3
    A vs D
    B vs C

Wk4
    B vs A
    D vs C

Wk5
    C vs A
    D vs B

Wk6
    D vs A
    C vs B

Wk7
    A vs B
    C vs D

Wk8
    A vs C
    B vs D

Wk9
    D vs A
    B vs C

Teams A and B have 4 "home" weeks.
    Teams C and D have 5 "home" weeks.

Remember, "home" team picks the wind conditions, "away" team picks the pin positions. Both settings for each room are determined by the pair of teammates for each individual room, rather than having a "team" setting for that week. Whichever team is "away" for that week, should be Team 1 in the game (which shoots first on the 1st tee). It doesn't matter who hosts, as the host can change the team number for all 4 members. The away team should declare their pin settings choice first, then the home team can choose the wind conditions.

Team/weekly scoring, etc
    Each weekend will have a team that wins or loses (similar to how we do team Top Spin). For instance, if there's 6 rooms, and your team won 4 of those rooms, you get the W for that week. A 9-0 season would be a perfect record. If the weekly room records (ie. 3-3 with a 6 room format) are tied for a week the tiebreaker will be the total of their match play scores (total holes won for the week).

Again, the season will be a simple W/L team record, the first tiebreaker will be a team's match play record, with weekly match play scores being used for a final tiebreaker (if needed, where 2 teams have the same overall team record, and the same match record).

Weekly Team Signups
    There are four captains (one for each team, plus co-captains nominated by each team), they will do weekly signups in their own private team forums and assign their 12 players to each of the 6 rooms available. Obviously, each team will probably want to try and match up their better players with their less players (if schedules permit) so that you don't have two of your top players playing in the same room.

Team Rosters

Tee'd Off (aka Team A)
    DeNMaN (captain)
    soadversion7 (co-captain)
    mnkytrix
    outshined
    Patriarch
    rocnobocno
    Stang6697
    meatwhistle
    Raptor710
    pingwrx
    marcello696
    double rye
    Skater
    First Canadian
    lemo7575

Team Bushwood (aka Team B)
    TMG620 (captain)
    PAPERNUT (co-captain)
    XBoxJon
    OV DEESNUTZ
    Conner McCloud
    All MiT Kev
    Pinstripe Moose
    King Kobra
    Marauders
    PhatSOB
    Army of 1
    Longshot9
    CrazyCougar
    Danbuck
    Golden Gophers

C BisKits (aka Team C)
    Shush (captain)
    jujimum (co-captain)
    SlapHappy
    orthostud23
    The Destroyer
    GolfController
    ShivasIrons
    slapshot74
    macteago os
    t_roy
    goalie
    Plissken
    JMan
    MGM
    OsOk1
    Travis

D-Cups (aka Team D)
    Reign Man (captain)
    CanEHdian (co-captain)
    Tris10
    HEADSHOOT
    DELIBERTO
    burntCanunck
    sandwedge
    accountblocked
    IndigoVDub
    socalguy
    Vestal
    Fanatical
    Canes94
    jperry31
    jmarks2001

Missed games, scheduling games with opponents:
    The room schedule/roster will be released each week at 12:00am midnight Thursday. Each of the 6 rooms will have 2 teams facing off against each other (2 players from each team). Once this schedule is released each Thursday, it can not be changed. If you signed up for a room and your captain put you in that room, you will only be able to play in that room. You are expected to meet your opponents on XBL at the designated time and play them at that time. If you show up on time and one or more of your opponents do not, they have 30min to show up. If one player fails to show, the remaining teammate can try and find one of their team's alternates to substitute in (see below) or they can choose to take on the other 2 player team in a 2 on 1 best ball match play game (the solo player's ball would obviously always have to be counted against the other team's best ball from their 2 some). Because Links does not allow 2 on 1 best ball match play, the game would need to be setup as stroke play, and the match play score (ie. 5-4) would need to be kept manually. If one player from each team fails to show up on time, and neither can find an alternate to play with them, the two remaining players will play a standard 1 on 1 match play game for that room. If both players from a team fail to show up (and 1 or 2 of the other team are there), the team with players present would win by forfeit and the score would be entered 10-0 in favor of the team that showed up to play.

Alternates
    Each team will have more players on their roster than available slots to play in rooms each weekend. We will try and always keep the rooms:players ratio so that each team will have at least 2-3 extra players on their team. Because some people might not be able to play each week, having extra players adds some flexibility when scheduling. However, there will be weeks when a captain has more players wanting to play than rooms to put them in. The players who are not assigned to rooms are what we are calling "alternates". Basically, it will work like the pinch hitting system in a baseball game. If a teammate has something come up where they are not going to be able to make their match on time (after the matchups are released on Thursday, and can't be changed), one of the alternates can substitute in for that person (if the alternate was available at that time). Like the people who are actually assigned to rooms for that week, once that alternate plays in a match, they are done for the weekend. Like pinch hitting in baseball, if the "starter" or person who was signed up for the room doesn't show or can't make it, they can hit the showers... they are done for the week and can not play in one of the other matches. In other words, they can't become the alternate at that point and play in a different room.

Disconnecting, game crashes, DDE
    If you're playing and someone loses connection, their Xbox crashes, etc, the match will be restarted and replayed. However, whatever the score was at the time of the problem will need to be recreated. For instance, if Team A is beating Team B, 3-2 after 11 holes when the disconnect or problem happens, the 4 players will need to get back together in the lobby, restart the match, and recreate the score at the time (3-2 through 11). In this example, I would suggest having both teams tie each other through the first 6 holes, then have Team B players concede their holes through the next 3 holes, then have Team A do the same for holes 10/11 so that the score would be 3-2 after 11 holes... then continue where you left off. Whichever hole the disconnect happened on would need to be replayed, even if one team had a decided advantage (ie putting for an eagle while the other team was chipping for par). Only the last completed hole would be official. Hopefully, we can keep these issues to a minumum by making sure the person with the best connection always hosts, and that we turn off any interent seeking applications on our PC's while playing XBL.

Scoreboard, calculator input:
    The winner of the match (one of the 2 teammates, not both) is responsible to enter the score for the match into the scoreboard calculator when your match is completed. There will also be a game notes section where you can add some comments if you like. Scorekeeping will be very simple for this league. All we will need to know is: who participated, and what the match play score was (ie. 5-4). If an alternate played in a match, the person entering the scores needs to make note of this in the game notes section when you enter the score (that way, captains can keep track and see if alternates played or if all 4 designated people showed up and played). Also note if someone didn't show up on time, and if the match was played 2 on 1, or 1 on 1. Because of the way the database is designed, an alternate will not be able to enter scores (since they were not initial assigned to that room) so their teammate would need to enter the scores for the group.

Final Comments:
    In closing I would like to make it very clear that we will not tolerate any members dropping out of the league. Anyone who drops from this league will never be asked back to this league and membership in current or future leagues for other sports could be invalidated. Failure to show up for scheduled match play game might also result in removal from your team (per your captain's recommendation).

Please keep in mind that by signing up for the league, you will not be required to be available each week for matches, only the ones you specifically signup for with your captains. If your schedule prevents you from playing a week here or there, no biggy, but please signup with the intention of wanting and being able to play each week during one of the 6 current time slots (10pm, Thu-Sat, 4pm Sat/Sun). Also, please keep in mind that 2 on 2 match play games do tend to run longer than playing solo or in fast play. You will watch each and every shot from all 4 players, and playing like this will require at least 60 minutes each week for your match, if not more (sometimes as long as 90 min).

If you are interested in being drafted to a team, and the day/time (10pm EST on one of the 4 nights, Thr/Fri/Sat/Sun, or 4pm Sat. or Sun afternoon) commitment is not a problem with any other leagues are you are currently involved in (or work schedule), please signup in this thread so that we can add you to the list of available "free agents" who will be drafted to teams when the list has gets enough people to draft the free agents listed and expand the rosters (and maybe add a room).

No Streaming Account
  2. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    1/26/04 - 9 free agents drafted to teams
    2/2/04 - 3 free agents added to teams
    2/13/04 - 3 free agents added to teams
    3/17/04 - 2 free agents added to teams (due to 2 members quitting Tee'd Off)
    3/28/04 - all remaining FA drafted to new teams for Season 2)

Free Agent List:

No Streaming Account
  3. Golden Gophers

Golden Gophers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Add me to the Free Agent list, I will now be working on my character with the time that I used to participate in the NBA League.

No Streaming Account
  4. Longshot9

Longshot9 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Man I've really gotta pay more attention here. I'd love to get on the free agent list.

No Streaming Account
  5. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    :D Yeah, I kept looking for your signup for the formation draft but it never happened. Oh well, you'll get drafted soon enough, probably next week if we get a few more guys in here.

No Streaming Account
  6. Conner McCloud

Conner McCloud Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Question - Can you play as an alternate if you are scheduled to play another round that week/or have already played a round?

For instance, if I played in a match on Thrusday and then on Saturday someone is looking for an alternate...can I volunteer? ...or will that person need to find someone that was not scheduled to play that week?

:bstl:

No Streaming Account
  7. TMG620

TMG620 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    Hello Conner,

Check your PM mail box. There is a message that will direct you to the TEAM B forum and should answer all your questions.

Welcome Aboard! :D

No Streaming Account
  8. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Conner -

Check your private messages on the forum... we have a seperate Team B forum for us.

To answer your question though:

No. If you get scheduled for a specific room by your captain, then you are stuck in that room. This makes the team's signups very important that everyone only give their captains times that they will be 100% sure they can make.

The alternates are the 3 guys that did not get assigned to a room (ie. if your captain did first come, first served for signups this week, and you didn't get in on time, then you might be an alternate... wink wink, we have 1 spot left on B right now). The alternate would be available to step in for any of the 5 matches if the assigned person had something come up or otherwise doesn't show up.

Bottom line, you can only play in one room per week. We have 13 players per team, and 5 rooms of 2 players. That's 10 active people, and 3 backup alternates (assuming everyone can play that week).

No Streaming Account
  9. OsOk

OsOk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Add me to Free Agent

Please add me to the free agents list for the Links match play league.

If possible I'd prefer to get on Team C as I have a couple buddies already on that team.

Thanks
    OsOk
    :hbuf:

No Streaming Account
  10. Shush

Shush Renegade Admin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would have contacted you personally but I honestly thought you were on the list. Totally confused when preparing for the draft that you weren't there :shock:

No Streaming Account
  11. Patriarch

Patriarch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ....there can be only one.

(I crack myself up.)

No Streaming Account
  12. MGM

MGM Inactive

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I want to join

Add me to the Free Agent list.

No Streaming Account
  13. double rye

double rye Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Add me to the Free Agent List if not too late

No Streaming Account
  14. MGM

MGM Inactive

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Couple of questions

1. Can someone explain the "free agents" to me. I have signed up as a FA and really don't have an idea what that means in regards to the team league.

2. If anyone out there is willing to make an avatar for me I would be appreciative.

No Streaming Account
  15. Vestal

Vestal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just learned about this site today and it looks pretty good. I have been looking for an ADVANCED league to play in. Most of the top players know who i am so hopefully someone will pick me up. Add me to the Free Agent List.

No Streaming Account
  16. Danbuck

Danbuck Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Free Agent

Hi

I really like to be on the free agent list

Thanks

No Streaming Account
  17. XBoxJon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Re: Couple of questi

Basically, you're not on a team yet, and you're waiting to get put on a team. We just did our initial formation draft for the league last night, so anyone that didn't make it before that deadline we made a "free agent" list for.

This Sunday or Monday, after our first week of matches are finished, all of the free agents will be assigned to teams and you guys will get to see some week 2 action! Just hang tight.

No Streaming Account
  18. Skater

Skater LG Vet

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I want to be a free agent

No Streaming Account
  19. Golden Gophers

Golden Gophers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would just like to post that I would like other people who are on the list to go first, I just want to help out anyone if there is a need for anything like that.

No Streaming Account
  20. Stud

Stud Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Please add me!

No Streaming Account