Looking 4 a team im decent lol

Discussion in 'NHL Jr PSN' started by Moorenuutz, Jan 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Moorenuutz

Moorenuutz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good ar c w and rd let me show you what i got

2. crazeematt1

crazeematt1 S7 Bulldogs Goalie

Discord:
    matt#8140
    Ratings:
    +63 / 4 / -11
    Hey Moorenuutz, welcome to LG - I've only been here for one season, but I'm gonna try to explain some stuff to you (I have a ton of free time right now, might as well). I'm sure the website may be a little confusing for you, I know it was for me. :)

The first thing you need to do is join a league, that way you're eligible to play during the season. You can do this by clicking the "How Do I" tab on the top left of the screen, next to the red Forums button. If you're on Xbox, join the LGHL, and if you're on PS, join the LGHL PSN. If you don't do this, you will not be eligible to play for Season 7 which starts in a few weeks.

Also, you posted this in the NHL Jr forum, which is a league that's only available shortly after the regular season. The 72 game season is the LGHL or LGHL PSN. :)

One way to get owners and GMs to see your style is to play some scouting games. You can find these by clicking on the orange "LG PickUp Games" tab that's beneath the shoutbox in any of the LGHL forums (LGHL includes LGHL, LGAHL, and LGCHL). You can get to any of these leagues' forums by clicking on the shields on the top of the screen. While you can join games from any of the forums, I recommend using the LGCHL or the LGCHL PSN forum (depending on what system you're on), because most of the people you see there are also gonna play in the CHL, so you can get to know others. You will start in the LGCHL because that's where all new players go to start their careers (yes, you still need to sign up for the LGHL or LGHL PSN, even though you won't technically be playing in the LGHL, which is the NHL).

Once you're in the Pickup Games tab, choose some games that you want to play. The times are in your local time, and you should use the filters that are provided if needed. Check the box for the system you're on, along with "WHL", "OHL", and "QMJHL". Reason to do this is that even though you're in the CHL forum, you'll see games for the other console along with the games from the AHL if there are any. You can't play in the AHL when you first join, as I mentioned before. To join a scouting game, just click on it and hit the red box with the position you want to play. Even if others are signed up, if you're free you should sign up anyways, for two reasons. One, management of the team will often pass on scouting players who they already know about, meaning you may be on the top of the foodchain, since you're new. Two, if the player who is confirmed to play doesn't show up, someone who is unconfirmed will be called in to play instead. You will know whether you're confirmed or not based on the color of your name. Yellow means unconfirmed, green means confirmed. Some games have auto-confirm (first come first serve), while other ones everyone will be unconfirmed and the management will manually confirm people. Also, on scouting games sign up for whatever position you joined the league with, because this season both leagues (Xbox and PS) will have position lock. This means that if you sign up as LD, you can only play LD or RD, you can't play G or FWD positions, for G you can only play G, etc.

If your LG username does not match your console name, and you're confirmed, you should PM the creator of the scouting game to tell them what your name is. You can also change your LG username to your console username in the LG settings. A couple of other things I advise for scouting games:

1) Do not sign up for scouting games within an hour of each other. For every game there's normally a couple of people who don't show up. This means games start later, because there have to be replacements contacted. So say I have games at 4 and 4:30, but for my 4 game, 2 people don't show. Now the game starts at 4:15 because we had to get new players, which means it won't end till around 4:45, which means I delay everyone who's waiting to play the 4:30.
    2) I would message the management of the team you're scouting for a couple hours before the game on whatever console you use, stating that you'll make it in time. If you can't make it, or you'll be late, let them know ASAP. Management like players who are responsible. If you're gonna be late, they may replace you based on how much time they have, but don't take it personally. Up until the time the season starts, there's gonna be hundreds of scouting games. Also, some management will create PSN groups or whatever Xbox uses a couple hours before, asking everyone to confirm if they'll be there. Be sure to be on the lookout for those. Even if you'll be there, if you don't respond, you may be replaced.

Aside from those pickup games, on the actual forum for the LGCHL or LGCHL PSN, you can find some management also looking for prospects in the threads. One of the reasons they don't use the PickUp games tab is because of the no-shows. Most of them ask for your gamertag and position, etc, and then the management will add you as a friend or something along those lines, and then at somepoint run some private games.

One final note: do not be toxic, this isn't drop-in; you can't yell at everyone and get away with it. If you're toxic, you will be traded left and right once you get put on a team, you'll never find a home. Things aren't gonna go your way. You may be on a terrible team, or a really good team. Either way, do not lose your mind. It ruins your reputation on the website as well as demoralizing everyone you're playing with. In terms of scouting games, management are not gonna like people who are toxic. Keep in mind that you likely won't have chemistry with whoever you're scouting with, and management will understand that, scouting game stats don't mean everything in terms of how good you are. Also know that, to be blunt, you're at the bottom of the barrel. If you start calling out people who are respected and have played multiple seasons for LG, no one is gonna like you. Compliment the goalie on nice saves, motivate the team you're with, communicate, play as a team, and play your game. You're in scouting games to demonstrate why someone should grab you over the hundreds of other players trying out at that same position.

I guess those are the basics, good luck this season! Hopefully I'll see you in a game or two :)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  3. M_Bassett17

M_Bassett17 LG CHL Saskatoon Blades Owner

Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -2
    Good advice crazee!

• Like Like x 1
    mattbassett17
  4. SIU140

SIU140 S7 GM of Blainville-Boisbriand Armada

Ratings:
    +25 / 4 / -8
    Crazee....I highly advise you to copy EVERYTHING you just posted and put it in it's own forum title!!! GREAT stuff!!! Most of the new guys if not all, need to hear this!!! I'd do it , but I'm not gonna take credit for such a good post!!! (nobody would believe me anyway!!!)

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Mike_yacoub

Mike_yacoub LGCHL PSN - Victoriaville Tigres (Owner/Rw #35)

Discord:
    mike_yacoub (Kazakhstan Owner)#4200
    Ratings:
    +104 / 11 / -19
    mikeyacoub
  6. crazeematt1

crazeematt1 S7 Bulldogs Goalie

Discord:
    matt#8140
    Ratings:
    +63 / 4 / -11
    Meh, not for a while, if at all. College coming quick.

No Streaming Account