Mass's S8 MVPs

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League(LGAHL PSN)' started by xMAssStAtiC-, Aug 10, 2018.

1. ClumsyTurtle13

ClumsyTurtle13 xMAssStAtiC-

Discord:
    xMAssStAtiC-#1607
    Ratings:
    +327 / 2 / -8
    Hello everyone, I am back and this time I am talking about the most valuable player at each position using the formula I've been developing. Thank you all who commented and gave feedback on my latest posts. I will continue to improve this as we move forward into S9 so without further delay here are my top players of S8.

@xOglowkeyyx -Center

Coming in at 23-4-1, this player dominated the league as a Jumbo Playmaker putting up 102 points which tied for the most at the Center position. It helps when your team is as dominant as the Wolf Pack were but to average 3.64 points game speaks volumes of what this player did. Who needs defensemen when one forward alone is putting up these numbers. Add in the other Wolf Pack forwards and you have a nasty, intimidating team that no D Pair will match. Oglowkey finished the season with 42 goals, 60 assists, and a 55% faceoff percentage. When this player is on the ice he is winning on average by 2.21 goals. The downside to Oglowkey's dominating play is the ugly 31:00 penalty minutes. If he can stay out of the box in the post season, look out.

@althewall -Left Wing

The Checkers couldn't quite keep the pace of the Wolf Pack but what they did edge them in is having althewall at left wing. Scoring 49 goals and 46 assists for a total of 95 points was good enough to give him not only the most points at left wing but #1 on my list as well. Coming in at 21-3-2 he is not to be taken lightly as his team beats their opponents on average by 2.15 goals when he is on the ice. If your strategy is to force him into a bad play and get him off the ice, think again. With 16:00 penalty minutes, he beats many forwards in that department. Scorekeepers will hate a Checkers-Wolf match up but everyone else including myself would love to see the fireworks that would produce. I look for althewall to play a big role in his team's success in the post season.

@ThomaLong -Right Wing

The G.O.A.T. Moving on.... no but when this player is on the ice, the other team 'plays' defense. And by play I mean attempt to not be a cone for Thoma which only few actually succeed with. If you stop him one period, he'll just score double the next. Of all my rankings, this was the easiest MVP to crown and most dominating player at their position. Coming in at 23-2-3 with 113 points, 61 goals, 52 assists, this player makes goalies look small. When he is on the ice his team is outscoring his opponents by 3.36 goals. Bottom line, if you want to beat him you better hope they pull their goalie and he lags out because he isn't going to slow down. Look at him to dominate every team's 1st line in the playoffs. Hopefully his 3rd and 2nd line won't let him down but I don't think that will be an issue.

@dmac7719 -Left Defense

Moving to defense we have dmac who went 23-2-2. It was really close between him and lunchboxhero. Where he topped the charts was with his +99 +/- rating. A large portion of his stats are thanks to a dominating forward core he plays behind but not to discredit dmac, the Wolf Pack aren't outscoring their opponents by large amounts by not playing great defense as well. When dmac is on the ice his team outscores opponents by an outstanding 3.67 goals on average. With 6 goals, dmac plays very well in all aspects of the game. His bad takeaway giveaway is mainly due to the fact he is getting involved on the offense so don't think he can't pass. His assist count will tell you otherwise having 36. If he doesn't get greedy in the offensive zone, look for him to slow the roll of a lot of top lines. I predict he may play with the 3rd forward line in the playoffs to pose a serious threat of shutting teams down and making his forwards' jobs easy.

@l0wkey93- -Right Defense

At 22-2-3 this defensemen has a very strong defensive oriented mind. A phenomenal 118 takeaways make this player as good as Trump's wall. With only 132 giveaways and 33 points, don't expect to pressure l0wkey into making a pass error. When he is on the ice, his team outscores their opponents by 3.44 Goals. With how strong this Wolf Pack team is and performing, it only makes sense for the right defense to have stud numbers as well. L0wkey's defensive wall and excellent transition passing is going to give all the time in the world for an already dominating forward core to do what they do best. A major mental collapse would be needed to outplay this player.

I hope everyone enjoyed the read. The Wolf Pack dominate the list which is unfortunate for everyone else but with the numbers they are putting up, they deserve it all. Lets see if they can continue into the playoffs with the same dominating fashion.

If you'd like to see the full list and where you stacked against the competition this season follow this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xys3ImP9WW6ok0bZ4ei-NhArIGjyPzIzcCmXyKupXVI/edit?usp=sharing

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Xmassstatic
  2. xOgLowkeyyx

xOgLowkeyyx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 12 / -23
    Terrible list idk any of these guys.
    P.s @I-MT98-I I’m never fighting for you again you got me looking like a goon with my pim out here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. ClumsyTurtle13

ClumsyTurtle13 xMAssStAtiC-

Discord:
    xMAssStAtiC-#1607
    Ratings:
    +327 / 2 / -8
    I figured you had a a fight or two in there.

• Like Like x 2
    Xmassstatic
  4. BLong67-

BLong67- Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 41 / -40
    Great write up. Love it!
    MVP HEREEE ;) <3

• Like Like x 2
    blong6730
  5. l0wkey93-

l0wkey93- Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 2 / -3
    Ty for the mention! Looks like a bunch of entertaining series are coming up

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  6. bottle_man

bottle_man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +314 / 80 / -76
    Why not just put the entire Hartford roster on here lmfao. #BigGren4MVP #JuiceBoxHero4MVP

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
    bottle_man