Metropolitan Division - "Dark Horses"

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by CaLL Me Jakoo, Feb 22, 2019.

1. CaLL Me Jakoo

CaLL Me Jakoo LG Pittsburgh Penguins

Discord:
    CaLL Me Jakoo#2067
    Ratings:
    +758 / 9 / -33
    Boys,

@donnybrah and I are going to be going through each division and naming a "dark horse" for each respective team. I will be starting with the East Metropolitan Division and going on from there. Please feel free to comment below with what division you'd like to see next, or if you have any suggestions regarding the posts.

:team78: Pittsburgh Penguins :team78:
    Player: SurpriseMe22
    Contract: $1,500,000
    Position: RW

@SurpriseMe22 is my "Dark Horse" for the Pittsburgh Penguins. Reason being, he is a player who was relied on a ton in the past. He has multiple 50+ point seasons, but puts up a ton of goals. Also, he's reunited with former teammate and line mate, @K1eetus . Expect him to do very well on a stacked Pittsburgh offense where he isn't relied upon to be a "top guy", but can be if needed. Expect another 15+ win season from @SurpriseMe22 and his Penguins line.

:team14: Washington Capitals :team14:
    Player: Ennis x 63
    Contract: $1,500,000
    Position: C

@Ennis x 63 is my "Dark Horse" for the Washington Capitals. Reason being, he is playing 2nd line center in his first full season in the LGHL and is off to a hot 2-0-1 start. Playing alongside two goal scorers in @cadillac eldo and @KF x37 , I expect him to put up some good numbers this season. Coming off a 20-5-3 season with the LGAHL's Stockton Heat, @Ennis x 63 , was ready for the jump.

:team74: Carolina Hurricanes :team74:
    Player: @Perrilyzer1
    Contract: $2,000,000
    Position: G

@Perrilyzer1 is my "Dark Horse" for the Carolina Hurricanes. Reason being, coming off a rough 19-29-4 record in S29, he will be relied upon heavily to play as well as he's known to if the Hurricanes want to revisit the playoffs. Reunited with Composure teammate, @Tendy , expect him to have some confidence between the pipes this season.

:team7: New Jersey Devils :team7:
    Player: Capitalize x94
    Contract: $6,250,000

@Capitalize x94 is my "Dark Horse" for the New Jersey Devils. Reason being, a lot of people don't have the Devils in the S32 playoff picture, but @Capitalize x94 can prove otherwise if he's here to stay all season long. Coming off a great S30, posting a 17-8-1 record, he's finally back in S32 and off to a 2-1-0 start. Expect him to be the "center piece" of the NJD top line.

:team27: New York Islanders :team27:
    Player: Porter x 53
    Contract: $2,000,000
    Position: LW

@Porter x 53 is my "Dark Horse" for the New York Islanders. Reason being, @a1xFREAKx13 , drafted Porter x 53 with his 8th overall pick in the season 32 LGHL draft. He has a lot of hype around his name and a lot of good players seem to respect him already. Off to a 1-2-0 start, which isn't ideal, but expect him to bounce back in the coming weeks for the Islanders.

:team6: Columbus Blue Jackets :team6:
    Player: Herringthefish
    Contract: $1,000,000
    Position: G

@Herringthefish is my "Dark Horse" for the Columbus Blue Jackets. Reason being, he's been a big part of the Blue Jackets success over the past two seasons. If CBJ wants to return to playoffs, expect Herringthefish to post another 25+ win season between the pipes. Although, I can also see him going over the hump this season and putting up his first 30 win season in net.

:team4: Philadelphia Flyers :team4:
    Player: @DeeSa Ali
    Contract: $0

@DeeSa Ali is my "Dark Horse" for the Philadelphia Flyers. Reason being, not only is he the greatest combination of thumb skill and brain power in the cast of LGHL ownership, he is also the most versatile skater known to man. Expect his line mates to just be STUFFED into his backpack all season long. There is NO DOUBT in my mind that he will be back into the 20+ win column this season on center, :D. LOL.

:team12: New York Rangers :team12:
    Player: l Sakic l
    Contract: $1,000,000
    Position: RW

@l Sakic l is my "Dark Horse" for the New York Rangers. Reason being, he made the All-Star Team last season playing alongside Sitful and iAMoee. Off to a 0-3-0 start, expect him to bounce back and start to "go off" alongside his new line mates in @NYR95 and @D4D USA . I imagine he will start to "hum" and put up a 20+ win season even after the rough start.

Week 1 - East Metropolitan Standings:
    1.) :team78: Pittsburgh Penguins - (4-2-3)
    2.) :team14: Washington Capitals - (4-3-2)
    3.) :team74: Carolina Hurricanes - (4-3-2)
    4.) :team7: New Jersey Devils - (4-4-1)
    5.) :team27: New York Islanders - (4-5-0)
    6.) :team6: Columbus Blue Jackets - (3-5-1)
    7.) :team4: Philadelphia Flyers - (3-6-0)
    8.) :team12: New York Rangers - (3-6-0)

I hope you guys enjoyed the read. @donnybrah and I will be posting more soon. Cheers!

• Like x 18
    • Winner x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    CaLLMeJakooo
  2. Nealerr

Nealerr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    x Neal x 18 x#7178
    Ratings:
    +432 / 20 / -14
    That's my center <3 @Capitalize x94

• Like Like x 2
    NealiteGaming
  3. JayyDubski

JayyDubski LGCHL Director

Discord:
    dayoungbuck#0
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 325 / -613
    Fucking shitter Carch. Biggest combo of durrrr and hurrrrrrr

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    DaYoungBuck
  4. Hannah7Banana22

Hannah7Banana22 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,417 / 191 / -360
    You need to define what “darkhorse” means for the purpose of this article.

Typically darkhorse is used to describe a player or team who is a long shot to win something like an award or race, but for whatever reason the person naming them likes their chances more than the public ..

If you have a different description for the word, I advise you to say it so this isn’t confusing

I’d imagine your definition is different because not sure how Perri aka Mr.14 million or myself would be a darkhorse

Please direct all hate mail to my attorney... @D4D USA

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. Foote

Foote Well-Known Member

Discord:
    charlesamb#0
    Ratings:
    +780 / 20 / -111
    Great read!

Nice job Jakoo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    footenhl
  6. PureRippin

PureRippin Well-Known Member

Discord:
    purerippin#0
    Ratings:
    +468 / 12 / -20
    Nice job Jak! Like the idea here.

• Like Like x 1
    36PureRippin
  7. I Karmz I

I Karmz I Let’s Go Pens

Discord:
    Karma#1496
    Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -4
    you and donny got a nice idea going, keep these coming jak!!

• Like Like x 1
    karmai2i