Mid Season All Sharks Team

Discussion in 'Sharks Pacific Cup presented by WD_BLACK' started by Fleury l8l, Feb 28, 2022.

1. Fleury l8l

Fleury l8l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +600 / 17 / -20
    First I want to start off by saying that these cards aren't grading skill or "Who's the best" it's really just a quick glance at who has performed the best so far in Sharks. By no means is there any way to measure skill using stats.

THE MATH BEHIND THE CARDS:

If you hate numbers and stats just scroll past all of this next section. I'm going to do my best to explain how I calculate/make these cards.

First, I take every stat that is available and correlate it to winning. If you don't know what Correlation is, it basically is how something relates to another. Stats can have positive correlations and negative correlations. Based on the results, I took 9 stats for each position group: Forwards, Defense, Goalies. Here they are below:

upload_2022-2-28_19-52-15.png

These 9 stats for each group had the highest correlation to winning therefore making them the most important. Most of them are self-explanatory but there are a few I want to touch on:

SKATERS

Marginal Goals Created and Prevented (MGC & MGP)
    If you were to take the average player and play them in your games with your opponents and linemates, they would score X goals. Say x is 3. If you score 5 goals, then your MGC is +2. That is then divided by games played. For Marginal Goals Prevented it is the opposite.

Strength Of Schedule (SOS)
    Your average opponent's record (not including the games you played against them).

GOALIES

Goals Saved Above Average (GSAx)
    Similar to Marginal Goals Prevented, this is basically just a calculation of the league average shooting percentage x a goalie's individual shots. This would give us a Goals Against if the average goalie was playing. If the goalie has fewer Goals Against than that average number then they are + however many goals. Vice Versa.

Fenwick Save Percentage (FSv%)
    A goalies save percentage on all shot attempts + goals.

So now that you have a grasp of the stats I have chosen. Here's what I do next:

Based on where a player falls in that stat (per game), they get assigned a rank 1 to X. X being the number of players at that position.

Then I assign overalls proportionally based on the ranks scaling from 99 to 50. So for example:

John Doe - LW

PTS/GP: 3.1 (1st) - 99 OVR
    G-A/GP: 3.24 (Last) - 50 OVR

Once the overalls are determined I average each category out. Then I average those three categories overalls to get 1 composite overall.

Then I spend way too much time in photoshop and in chel getting screenshots.

After all that we get our Mid Season All Sharks Team!

l
    l
    l
    l
    l
    V

LEFT WING
    ---------------------
    @Hxndry - IGT
    ---------------------

hendry1.png

CENTER
    -----------------------------------
    @ScaryJoeyy - SCARY HOURS

joey1.png

RIGHT WING
    @Gilleh - OLYMPIA

gilleh1.png

LEFT DEFENSE
    @G lR ii M x - OLYMPIA

grim1.png

RIGHT DEFENSE
    @Desyd19 - PRODIGY

desy1.png

GOALIE
    @l RWB l - INSTINCT

rwb1.png

If you have played more than 10 GP in sharks and wish to see where you stood compared to these players, I have a discord where I post this info regularly and update it after each week. Feel free to join:

https://discord.gg/ZQCuqjzg

Also, thanks to @ShortyxLOSE for all the help with these. Thanks to @GrizGoal and NoSleeves for showing off the cards on stream. Feel free to leave any thoughts or questions down below.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account