* New * Mid-Season Review? If You Could Change Something, What Would It Be?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by LG-McDonald, Nov 18, 2017.

1. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    I'm sure someone has said this somewhere... But fix the damn schedule. Zero reason why LGHL and Esports should have interlapping game times. On Sunday have LG games at 9 and 10, and Esports at 10:30, 11, and 11:30 and whenever you feel like on Thursday. We need to not have just one game on Wednesday while having three every Monday and Tuesday. Scheduling is Aids. Thanks!

• Winner Winner x 2
    bossy_22_
  2. GreasyGogan

GreasyGogan Chief of Heimbecker

Ratings:
    +1,722 / 66 / -49
    Put 3 games on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. In 10 game weeks, roll an extra on Wednesday for the teams that need it.

Run eSports Wed/Thurs

• Winner Winner x 3
    Jay_Rulez
  3. l Bossy l x 22

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    Can't take another day away from LG. Will make things even worse. I'm sure the NHL broke a record for ECUs used this season due this schedule, and getting rid of another day will only make it worse.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    bossy_22_
  4. Scheckel29

Scheckel29 IslesGT

Discord:
    scheckel29#0
    Ratings:
    +910 / 7 / -11
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say its because of the people and the game and not the current game schedule...

• Like Like x 1
    Scheckel29
  5. GreasyGogan

GreasyGogan Chief of Heimbecker

Ratings:
    +1,722 / 66 / -49
    I took away Wednesday which is usually only 1 game like you said earlier. That 1 game on Wednesday is not making or breaking someone’s availability.

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    Jay_Rulez
  6. l Bossy l x 22

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    Wrong, but sometimes right. It can be the person. For example, someone like Jemima who was on my team for most of the season. Having one less day killed him availability wise, and removing another day would destroy him. He's "9/9," but missed an insane amount of games due to this schedule. Some people actually do things other than play video games, sure you can blame the player for being "flaky" and missing games, but when you have real life things to do then you're going to miss games. With the old schedule you could easily sub in a roster player and then use the player who missed a different day and need fewer ECU's. I'm sure there's no stats on this, but I can almost guarantee you that more ECUs have been used this season than ever... and we think getting rid of another day can be a good idea?

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    bossy_22_
  7. Coach__Drew

Coach__Drew Mr. Fundamentals

Ratings:
    +448 / 80 / -133
    Another idea I've had for awhile is a major change to the way teams are built and I know alot of people are use to our current system and not going to agree. The idea has always been an organizational draft instead of bidding where all 31 teams draft their players round by round instead of bidding and where players are drafted determines their salary. Knowing that even with some support from established past and present managers the league won't be willing to go this route I'd like to propose atleast another idea similar. The idea is that after NHL bidding the players that normally go into AHL bidding go into a AHL draft. Every player drafted in AHL receives a automatic 500k salary. This way when AHL players are playing very and producing, NHL teams have more ability to call them up. Right now if a player slips through NHL bidding because they are on that NHL 3rd line AHL 1st line boarder they go to AHL and receive a salary that only hampers their ability to move up. Example is player A goes into bidding expecting to be that 500k NHL 3rd liner and ends up missing the cut. Then they go to AHL and end up as 4 million. They basically have no way of moving up because their 4 Mil salary doesn' make sense in NHL. I always thought the idea was to move up to the highest level and play against the best players and thats' why I always chose LG but we still have a system that says oh your are doing good in AHL right now but your salary is just to high for NHL so you have to play in AHL. It' not like these players chose their salary. It was dictated to them.

Side note. If you don' agree I'm cool with that. Can you just explain why what you don't like or what ideas you do. Or even other ideas to maybe improve our system or this hypothetical one.

• Like Like x 4
    selke1
  8. Scheckel29

Scheckel29 IslesGT

Discord:
    scheckel29#0
    Ratings:
    +910 / 7 / -11
    I thought there was a rule that if you start in the AHL and get called up to the NHL, your salary gets cut in half. If you get sent back down, it goes back up to what it was before the call up. Was that just talks? Was that ever a rule? Is that something that could work if it wasn't implemented before?

• Like Like x 1
    Scheckel29
  9. l Bossy l x 22

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    No. It's never been a rule and never will be because the AHLers will all complain about their players being taken. Someone mentions doing this every season.

• Like Like x 1
    bossy_22_
  10. Scheckel29

Scheckel29 IslesGT

Discord:
    scheckel29#0
    Ratings:
    +910 / 7 / -11
    This will never happen but I wish it would. Three goalies per roster. Goalies only play 3 games a week as well.

Scheckel29
  11. TripAcez

TripAcez Aye Stop De Puck

Discord:
    TripAcez#0388
    Ratings:
    +93 / 2 / -10
    How about..enough with players having a say in where they play. Force them to play wherever they are in their initial year, if they sign a contract for multiple years then they can request a trade after that. Basically the player loses all control of say when picked up from bidding, if they retire,quit or dont show up then sure get rid of them. If they sign back up same rules apply. Too many times we see players control where they go.

• Like Like x 2
    TripAcez
  12. Crankov

Crankov Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 22 / -61
    up the buyout ban, make guys serve a full season on top of the one they quit out on and have no access to lg.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Skid Markie

Skid Markie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +471 / 8 / -13
    I second this. Start it earlier, begin it later, maybe put esports in the middle, but overlapping just cheapens the LGNHL.

• Like Like x 1
    JKE_UNCUT
  14. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    I wish we had a better way to obtain players besides just bidding. I wish more players had better ways to play where they want instead of being toxic and hurting the league. Someone somewhere will come up with this plan to excite us again. Hopefully it will make us want to build NHL teams and to want to play in the LGNHL again. Llooking for the answers.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. Follisimo

Follisimo Two-Way

Discord:
    Avalanchian#3515
    Ratings:
    +113 / 5 / -17
    It wouldn't really matter because once things go south on a team then you might just see more of a set group quit. The problem is the weak requirements for games signed up as 4 of 9. I'm sorry but it should be nothing less than 6 of 9 availability at the very least. Schedule has nothing to do with teams using so many ECUs. It's players signing up for multiple leagues or having poor availability to start with.

There shouldn't be the ability to play in both the PSN and Xbox LGHLs. Pick one and dedicate your time to it.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Rhapsodical
  16. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    You cant tell people what to do with their time. At the end of it all, this is a site for a fun experience.

Some big problems with the league consist of the following:

- Players dont want to sign up because they have no idea what situation they will be in bidding.
    - Players dont want to sign up because of the hassle of getting games started. Too lax start times
    - Owners get absolutely screwed in bidding because third line players go for first line prices
    - Owners get screwed because players make it as hard as possible to create a non toxic environment.

We need more ways to get guys to take teams and get there buddies on it. If a player doesnt want to go for a sky rocketed price then we should have ways to encourage that player to take a team and get guys he wants to play with on that team. They way we have the system set up now does not allow this effectively

No Streaming Account
  17. l Bossy l x 22

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    If you want to play with your buddies... You have club.

If you want to play with your buddies competitively... You have ESHL.

Aside from those two things and FNP having a team of your buddies defeats the whole purpose of having a simulation league.

There are a decent amount of teams in the league currently who do a pretty decent job at getting all of their buddies on their teams anyway.

Maybe the league could create a free version of ESHL to get more teams of buddies together to play competitively without having to pay, but I don't see that drawing much interest and if something like this was created we all know there will be a team or two that will just stack their roster like FNP making it pointless for others to even play lol

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    bossy_22_
  18. Josh l96l

Josh l96l XB1 LGHL BOG/SC & Insta Legend: Jalbz follow it

Discord:
    JALBZ#5040
    Ratings:
    +326 / 22 / -21
    Thursday night 3s

Josh96_canucks
  19. PivotGivinner

PivotGivinner Well-Known Member

Discord:
    PivotGivinner#6848
    Ratings:
    +1,108 / 39 / -95
    This is actually being looked at

No Streaming Account
  20. Optehic

Optehic Rated R #22 LD/RD

Ratings:
    +317 / 10 / -12
    Please bring back lobbies (team play, versus, shootout, maybe add HUT?). Makes challenging friends in ranked matches easy. Helps promotes EASHL with the drop-in games.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account