Media Mid Season Review - "Post Bidding Quick Rankings s30"

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by IlFox, Jul 12, 2018.

1. IlFox

IlFox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 25 / -54
    Mid-season seemed like a perfect time for some fox media, so here it is folks. For those of you who saw my thread at the start of the season, I wanted to do a recap of my “post-bidding quick rankings –s30” thread to see how close I was/where I went wrong on my predictions. The standings you’ll see below are the current standings and in brackets beside it you’ll find a +, -, even; this indicates the difference between where they are and where I had predicted them to be.

East Atlantic

1. :team352: Providence (even)

2. :team301: Wilkes Barre Scranton (even)

3. :team350: Hershey (+3)

4. :team315: Bridgeport (even)

5. :team314: Hartford (-2)

6. :team393: Charlotte (-1)

7. :team617: Springfield (+1)

8. :team302: Lehigh Valley (-1)

“Honestly, outside the top 4 in this group, I have no idea how the bottom four are going to shake down. There seems to be some pretty big gaps in all their rosters. That being said, chemistry can take a line or two quite the distance, so maybe we will see some surprises.” – Fox

Biggest discrepancy : Hershey - I had predicted the Bears take 6th in this division, That being said, it isn’t for their lack of talent. This management pair has been putting in competitive teams for several seasons now, but the division seemed like it would be tight, which it has been for the most part (excluding Providence).

This division seems to be playing out fairly close to my prediction. I recall the top 6 teams being pretty difficult to rank outside of the #1 spot, and so far it seems to be going exactly that way. There is only a 5 point gap between 2nd and 6th at the moment. Hershey took advantage of everyone putting up 4 wins or less this week and managed to jump some spots with their 7-2-1 week. Providence, as expect is pulling away from the pack sitting at 72 pts, no surprise there. They lead the league in most goals for with 176, 20 more than the next closest team. As well as lead the league in lowest goals against with 96. This one should be a pretty good race to the finish to see who can claim that 2nd, 3rd, and 4th spot.

Eastern North

1. :team410: Utica (even)

2. :team298: Toronto (even)

3. :team312: Rochester (even)

4. :team777: Belleville (+3)

5. :team305: Binghamton (+1)

6. :team778: Laval (-1)

7. :team309: Syracuse (-3)

“I expect this to be the weak division of the season, not much going on in here. Utica should run away with this, but could face some pressure from Toronto and Rochester.” - Fox

Biggest discrepancy : Belleville/Syracuse – These two teams essentially swapped spots in regards to my post-bidding prediction. Looking at their current rosters, I would have likely swapped them, props to Belleville for doing a full 180 with their roster.

This division is going for the most part, exactly as predicted. There is no surprise here in the top 3, while the rest battle it out for that 4th spot. With that being said, Rochester managed to steady their ship as they got off a bad start this season, but have now found their rightful spot in the division. Belleville come out as a surprise as they completely revamped their roster and have pushed themselves out of their 7th place hole. I must say you very rarely see a drastic improvement such as that, the question now remains; can they keep it up and shake Binghamton and Laval which are hot in pursuit.

West Central

1. :team390: Milwaukee (+5)

2. :team349: Rockford (even)

3. :team362: Iowa (+5)

4. :team395: Chicago (-1)

5. :team625: Colorado (-4)

6. :team299: Grand Rapids (-2)

7. :team317: Cleveland (even)

8. :team307: Manitoba (-3)

“A lot of wild card teams in this division, Cleveland and Iowa looking like favorites for the bottom, while Colorado is looking like a lock for the top spot. The rest should be an exciting race.” -Fox

Biggest discrepancy : Milwaukee/Iowa – These are two teams that I didn’t expect a whole lot out of after bidding. Both their rosters didn’t really seem like they were poised for top spots, let alone playoffs, but here we are; +5 from where I originally had them.

In my post-bidding, I had summed this division up as the “wild-card” division, and I would say that is holding pretty true! As expected, I had this one all wrong, aside from Rockford, Cleveland, and Chicago. Although Milwaukee and Iowa are “big surprises”, Colorado takes the cake as they have not been living up to the hype. With that being said, they are 1point back of that 4th spot with 4 weeks left, very much in contention. If the 2nd and 3rd line can figure it out here shortly, they should be a scary opponent come playoff time. Rockford, which many thought would fail, have been for the most part of the season been in 1st/2nd. I am not surprised as they have 3 solid “2nd lines” and a lot of their crew has played together before. All in all, this division looks like it will be a toss-up as to who makes it in, couple good weeks could shoot one of these teams far up their division.

West Pacific

1. :team518: San Diego (+1)

2. :team516: Stockton Heat (-1)

3. :team300: Texas (+2)

4. :team363: San Antonio (even)

5. :team618: Tucson (-2)

6. :team519: San Jose (even)

7. :team515: Bakersfield (even)

8. :team517: Ontario (even)

“I reluctantly put San Diego in the 2nd spot since they are missing 3 FWD’s, 1 D, 1 G … However I gave them the benefit of the doubt as the pieces they do have make for a good roster in this division.” -Fox

Biggest discrepancy : Texas/Tucson – Lowest one out of all my predictions, seeing Texas up 2 spots and Tucson down 2 spots. Not overly surprised at this point with Tucson as they lost their GM/good LD. Texas didn’t do amazing in bidding, but have made a few moves to make the roster look better, so far it looks as it paid off as they sit in 3rd.

This one is opposite of the other divisions as far as predictions go, I had all the bottom teams dead on, but the top ones were one or two off. Biggest surprise in the division is San Diego pulling away and also contending with Providence for the Presidents. They seem to be firing on all cylinders as all players seem to have roughly the same records. If they keep this up they will be a scary 3 lines to face during the playoffs. Worth a mention here that after bidding San Diego was 5 roster spots short: 3 FWDs, 1D, 1G. All in all, I was pretty darn close with this division.

As always, good luck on the stretch to all teams! I'll leave you with some notable quotes from my old thread!

"Ontario is too high" - Kebrik (2winners, 1like, 1funny)

"Providence sucks" - l Horvat l (2funny, 1informative)

"Uhmm...BELLEVILLE? WHATS THIS NONSENSE" - CSilveri (1funny, 1informative)

"Minus one or two teams here and there this list pretty much looks spot on." - l HowieDoo l (1like)

"Good write up! 0 chance Binghamton devils finish second last in our division: I’ll be surprised if they’re not fighting for the top 3" - ele905 (1like, 1winner, 1informative)

"Schleep, good work though pal o_O" - JTressati (1like, 1winner)

"even though i personally disagree with lavals rank, good job" - Jumps x 66 (2like)

• Like Like x 18
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. NotoriousFAT 00

NotoriousFAT 00 Former LG media kingpin, Wine gum lover, LG dad.

Discord:
    NotoriousFAT 00#5853
    Ratings:
    +3,744 / 76 / -124
    Well done Fox. As I have mentioned before your write ups have everything you need for an entertaining read and they aren't too long and boring.

• Like Like x 5
    notoriousfat00
  3. TheGreech

TheGreech Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +736 / 15 / -15
    Dude you nailed a lot of the teams for sure. I'm interested to see how you end up at the end of the season.

• Like Like x 1
    greech11
  4. CSilveri

CSilveri 6 classes+40hr work weeks..avails bouncy be warned

Discord:
    CSilveri#1576
    Ratings:
    +703 / 41 / -61
    My comment was the fact of belleville being last ranked. I always knew Moist would do something and its good to see it happen. Great write up fox!!

• Like Like x 2
    CSilveri
  5. Dan x 39

Dan x 39 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    danlizhot#5622
    Ratings:
    +145 / 1 / -3
    Almost perfect prediction so far. Good write up !

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. JayyDubski

JayyDubski LGCHL Director

Discord:
    dayoungbuck#0
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 325 / -613
    Ontario - Last. Accurate.

• Funny Funny x 1
    DaYoungBuck
  7. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,039 / 113 / -852
    Well done.

Last place teams managers are getting religated for NHL 19. That is all

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  8. PieR Talent

PieR Talent Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,803 / 87 / -178
    Please do these for the nhl

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. NotoriousFAT 00

NotoriousFAT 00 Former LG media kingpin, Wine gum lover, LG dad.

Discord:
    NotoriousFAT 00#5853
    Ratings:
    +3,744 / 76 / -124
    Overdrive is taking its talents to the CHL?

• Funny Funny x 2
    notoriousfat00
  10. ySnowy

ySnowy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 140 / -178
    nice read from a fellow sniper

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account