Discussion in 'Past/Startup Leagues' started by striker3771, Feb 6, 2008.
Yeh I just downloaded the demo... Man its sweet, I can't wait... Count me in!
Anyone played the demo? The demo is pretty good. They upgraded the graphics which is a huge plus from last year. It appears we have enough to start a small league. I will ask again when the game is relesed in 2 weeks.
Yah, I played the demo alot. I love it, and the graphics are definitely better than last year. It also seems a bit more fluid when fielding and whatnot. I also played the PSP demo, which is almost identical to 06 and 07 The Show on the PSP.
I'd like to play, demo looks sweet!
The graphics are definitely an upgrade. I've tried messing around with the sliders, but I think they're there for show in the demo. I haven't had sucess in getting them to work. Beckett's fast ball and curve are a bitch to hit on HOF.
Damn, what am I getting myself into. I'm playing the default settings and I only got one hit period. I'm SO going to be pwned in this game. Though I should feel right at home as I generally get schooled in baseball games anyway.
True True.. :razz: jk
Alright The wife is talked into should be getting the PS3 and Hopefully the show around that time.. Cant wait..
Its about freakin time nosice. And I want to play Army at least 5 times during the year = 5 wins Just keep practicing and you'll get the hang of it. They do a great job of making it a little more difficult than the 2K games, but not cheesy.
Just played the demo and wow, this is so much better than MLB2K7 it's unbelievable (I've never played any of the show games). I will say that someone is going to rack up the first 27-strikeout game in history against me though.
my first game i played i couldnt hit a thing.. but then the second game i would keep fouling them.. then the next i was able to get hits but they would always get caught by the out fielders
Just remember to use the left thumbstick to follow the ball through the strike zone. For example, if it is low and outside, move the stick low and outside. Use the right stick pre-pitch for uppercut or groundballs. The power swing causes alot of outs.
The demo has been a blast. The only negative is that they did not allow us to use the sliders. You can lower and raise the bars, but it is not functioning. For the guys getting the Show for the first time, I would move the computer pitch speed to 0 and keep moving 1-2 clicks at a time until you get comfortable hitting. Also use wide camera for hitter. I find it easier to read the pitches. I can't wait til 3/4.
LOL! I started playing the Show in '06. Back then it took me a few games on Veteran (default) to get used to the hitting. You'll get the timing in no time. There are a few funny animations if you don't throw a pitch and stand on the mound.
I just came across this thread and this might help some of you.
Make a scheme for yourself
What pitch do you like to hit or hit the best ? What pitch makes you go oh please throw it
What pitch does your enemy opponet throw the most ? - What pitch is thrown= 2 and 3 out 5 times in at bat
What pitch will you look for when a guy falls behind = Whats his starting to get in trouble pitch its not always fastball!! and online its most likely never going to be until you proove you can crush sliders curves changes
What is your 0-0 2-0 3-1 only swing zone- The hitting zone is 4 zone or 9 if you break up down and middle think tic tac board!! if you get into these counts you should only swing in that zone!! called working the count
What pitch is this guys MAD!! pitch - The pitch he throws after you get hits off him!! every pitcher online and in real life will get mad and start to show a pattern of a specfic pitch he wants to throw when he starts to get hammered when you hit that pitch you can guess 9 out of 10 times fastball is coming next!!
--Now the secret to hitting from real life to the baseball video game world -
Quick hitting tip which will improve your hitting fast and understand the concept of what a true hitter thinks about in the mlb !!
Learn how to lock your eyes on the hitting zone!! THIS is the biggest thing for someone who has never played baseball at a high level where the pitchers throw harder then 88 . Most people will look at the screen near the hitter when playing baseball games " where the hot cold zone show up etc " This is WRONG!! If you have your eyes in that area you will never hit why ? because by the time you see the ball there and decide to swing the BALL IS IN THE GLOVE its strike 1!!
You have to tell yourself on the very first pitch of the game don't swing!!! unless its a ball right in the middle of the zone but while your learning don'T swing period!!! Instead tell yourself lock on the release point you can do this by this technique
1) Look somewhere behind the pitcher at a object which will not move the entire game!!! everything you think of is going to be directed and energy from this spot!!! "EXAMPLE" a spot of green ivey at oriole park, a static billboard, the ny mets homerun apple , something you can find every time ON THE 0-0 COUNT
2) Look at this spot while the pitcher has NOT started his motion!!
3) When he starts to windup or from the stretch move your eyes to the shoulder of his throwing arm and tell yourself DON'T track the baseball into the glove if your eyes follow the ball to the plate on a take a pitcher can throw you off by changing speeds and your tracking system has not worked , what I usually do is count 1-2 on the first pitch if your eyes move before the count of 2 your hitting from the plate and not the release point
- Do this when learning for the entire lineup first time through the order on every other batter , what you are going to find out is your eyes will adjust to the pinpoint location of the release point and you will know in 0.1- 0.2 what pitch was just thrown when it comes out youll also notice on breaking pitches that you lose for a quick second the ball this is normal and whats supposed to happen!! If you see a breaking pitch direct good chance its going to fall out of the zone.
4 sometimes the GOLDEN 5 things should start to happen after a few at bats
1) The ball will seem slower because your mind will have detected the pattern of where to look and track the ball
2) Any pitch which starts way out of the zone on non swing counts will be noticed instant " any count which is less then 2 strikes a hitter can take called working the count" this pitch when the technique starts to work should be obvious and funny looking
3) Your hitting zone on pitches you can handle will increase because your reaction time and being able to decide later in the stride when to swing" Thats what waiting on a pitch means" you will not jump at pitches
4) You will become a dangerous hitter on breaking balls which will force online players to throw fastballs
5) This is when you found the exact perfct timing of the release point and location you will see the SEAMS on the ball aLmost like your eyes went into zoom mode!!
Combine being able to track the ball with a gameplan and you are DANGEROUS!! Example
1) Look for the pitch you like to hit the best - Fastball middle away
2) Pitch pitcher throws the most - Slider - You will look for this pitch until you get up 2-0 where you can then go look for your pitch!! or down 0-2 where you can then decide to free swing at anything close but up until 2 strikes sit fastball or offspeed - I usually sit offspeed because some pitchers only have 1 fastball but 3 to 4 breaking pitches, and sitting on breaking pitches means you can hit slider,curve,slow sink ,changeup - because the speed diffirence is not much where the fastball usually 8-15 mph diffirence then the pitchers breaking pitches
3) With runners on base and the score close what pitch will the pitcher go to when falling behind ? Usually a moving fastball 2seam cutter/ sinker or a slider 80 % of the time when runners in scoring postion less then 2 outs you will get a breaking ball to start off unless you have already hammered his offspeed stuff
4) When your hitting well whats your favorite zone you like to attack , become a online manny ramirez in hitters counts
5) Finally the mad pitch - This is the pitch where you can tell your opponet is mad and is going to do 1 of 2 things go to a pitch he uses all the time or throw at you lol once you get here you win period most will quit if you jack this pitch in the stands.
So there it is fellaz and ladies from a former ball player in the Flordia/Penn league before arm troubles this is how you learn to hit like a pro and not a little leaguer.
For pitchers same concept except you look at the knob of the bat speed and swing location to determine what pitch to setup the hitter. And remember hitters in the pros sit offspeed of fastball and only 1 count is known as the true swing count and thats 2-1= Becuase most of the time a hitter has enough information by now to judge speed location and can wing it he also knows the pitcher is in trouble and most likely will not throw a ball because of the 3-1 walk danger count so you can expect something on the middle/out part of the plate.
I would be interested in this.
Well I am defintely contemplating this. I don't have a PS3 but the Show looks great and from the little reviews awesome. I will know by this week.
It looks like I'm down for a league. Just put a deposit on a reserved copy of the Show. :razz:
Don't you need a PS3 first? :razz:
Yea...LOL I'm getting that when I pick up the Show on Tues.....
So basically I'm getting a PS3 for the show.....damn
Nice E-Dub. I will start an MLB the Show "I got it thread" on Tuesday. The following week I see if guys are still interested in starting a small league.
Separate names with a comma.