MTL vs FL Handshake

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by I2I-Way-Hockey, Apr 25, 2018.

1. SelkeSean

SelkeSean Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SelkeSean#4027
    Ratings:
    +1,103 / 41 / -70
    I don't make a lot of threads but who cares, I'm making one now. Claus does similar threads after a playoff round and I like the idea, so I'm using it here. Here goes:

@CL95K - Man, you know I love ya (much homo), and you played a hell of a series. I said before this series you were going to be huge in deciding the fate of this series, and I think it's safe to say that was a pretty accurate prediction.

@nickyP1999 - The star of the West Coast line, you had quite the sophomore campaign after performing very well last season. I don't think you get as much credit as you deserve for being such a great player, but hopefully this series, and season, opened some eyes. Great job man.

@oraclerampage - Ever since you joined me in Washington season 6, you've become more and more impressive to me as time has gone on. Tremendous defensively, and it was good to see your offensive game grow this season. Just needed a little more Clark in your life. Keep working on those faceoffs :p

@timebot12 - I don't know a whole lot about you, and I don't think we've ever spoken to each other, but my buddy @Nhltwister spoke very highly of you, and you did play very well in the first two games of the series.

@Spray_and_pray_ - My man, just like Clark, I knew you'd be a hell of a contributor for your team this series. You really seemed to put yourself on the map this season, and I'm really glad to see that for someone who's just a really good dude no matter what. Awesome job.

@zRosie98 - Once again, you've proven to be a bad teammate when you don't get what you want. It's been two seasons since the Winnesota days and you still haven't learned anything it seems. All I can say is, SAD.

@zGuentzel - I'm adding this because I forgot you and I knew I forgot someone and I feel bad, but ANYWAYS: The other half of that West Coast juggernaut with nicky, you proved yourself to be quite the player as well this season, and you two rekt me in game 6 so good job :)

@Kipperboy33 - I know you're good pals with @LEHKONENN so you must be a cool dude. You also played very well this series, so kudos to you.

@NoSleeves12 - The BEST media person on the LG scene since I've joined the league, and a solid player to boot. I know you've been saying you had a rough season over here on PSN, but don't let it deter you man. We love having you around. Great series!

@OhhCrosby87 - One of the few remaining people from the "Troak own goal days," you're a pretty hilarious guy. Your reaction was golden, and aside from that you seemed to have yourself quite the season. Good series, and keep it up.

@Mxster-77 - I met you while playing club with @bidou96m and the legendz in the season 5 days, and let me just say you have been one of my favorite defenseman ever since. You played fantastic during the series, and I'm glad you're back with us in LG :)

@chadkillz134 - Another guy I don't think I've spoken to very much, but you also played very well during this series and had a solid season overall. Good job man.

@ViRuS_I29I_ - My boy, I'm so happy to see the success you've had here over the past two seasons. You are, and for as long as I've known you have always been a great goalie, and you're a great person as well. Be proud of this season, you were awesome.

@SilKyy_96, @WolfxI29I, @sparkplug87 nic - The Montreal management group that nobody gave a shot coming into this season. A few weeks in, they're first in the league and at the center of one of the weirdest fiasco's I've ever seen in LG (courtesy of my good friend @PoopinSince95), and still no one gave you a shot. And what did you do? Kept on going, not paying attention to what people said. Coming into this series you weren't really given a chance, and here you are, having pushed us to the brink. All I can say is, you guys did a great job building a team that would never quit, and would never count themselves out. For that, I commend you all. Amazing season guys.

And finally, @ryofthebeholder:

I don't know why I'm putting this in a handshake thread, but I am so here goes. Thank you Ry, for being the one person who put your faith in me when I didn't even do it. Season 5 was the most fun I've had in LG, and it was largely thanks to you. If it weren't for that, I probably would have quit LG by now, and as much as we joke that's what we all want to do, we know that all in all this is a pretty fun community to be around. Thank you for being a stand up guy, and for being a great friend. I think you have the respect of pretty much everyone in this league, and I believe you should be recognized for that. You played another fantastic series, just like I've seen you do time and time again. I hope you stick around for a while in LG :)

Well, I think that's everyone. Again, great series Montreal. You have Team 23's respect.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    • Winner x 13
    • Like x 9
    • Get Good x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
    2wayhockey
  2. nickyP1999

nickyP1999 I'm not superstitious but I am a little stitious.

Discord:
    NickyP#1999
    Ratings:
    +533 / 38 / -64
    Classy, I like it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    nickyP1999
  3. Dxhlin_26

Dxhlin_26 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Agger33#8125
    Ratings:
    +525 / 42 / -67
    RIP i traded for you S5 lol saddd

• Creative Creative x 1
    Agger_33
  4. SelkeSean

SelkeSean Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SelkeSean#4027
    Ratings:
    +1,103 / 41 / -70
    Hey, when WE play each other in a playoff series I can make my nice post about YOU, until then LET RY HAVE HIS MOMENT PLEASE.

• Funny Funny x 1
    2wayhockey
  5. SilKyy_97

SilKyy_97 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    _silkyy97#0
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 56 / -154
    Thanks for the kind words, much respect 2 way! Goodluck the rest of the way team 23!

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    silkynsmarshshow
  6. Primetimme

Primetimme - Nick.

Discord:
    primetimme#0
    Ratings:
    +3,684 / 41 / -169
    Hey great job montreal etc etc.

But an absolutely necessary shoutout to @ryofthebeholder

There was no “falling out” between us.

From day 1 in Florida ry told me “trade me if you need to I won’t be mad”, and I fought it, and started 8-0-1 with him, and loved him, and from day 1 when I joined this league and turned down elites to GM for Ry and turn around STL into a powerhouse, Ive had nothing but respect for Ry.

Then a point came where if I thought we were going to make a cup run we needed one more t6 forward, and because idiots litter the management nowadays and want 3 good players for their 1 ok player, I knew I’d have to give up Ry to make the cap and demand work.

He didn’t say a word.

And wouldn’t you know in game 7 that same year we directly faced off.

Once I’m done playing this awful game, sell my ps4 and step down from ownership, I’ll be happy to know the one thing I’ll walk away with is a legit person I met here on LG in @ryofthebeholder who I can call an actual friend, and discuss things in life, in video games, and just laugh about how fking awful this game is.

Ry: Whether it’s been you asking me to join your club every time you make one, asking me to be your proposed GM for whatever new ownership you want to take, both of us laughing in discord knowing silky is gonna sub clark into games 1 and 2 hours before it happens, or spending hours upon hours talking about how someone like @GonzoArmstrong makes us sick to our stomache, but we have to deal with him cause he’s on our LG team that’s a bunch of thrown together cancers that’s somehow working, (and unfortunately you had to deal with him on both consoles, shout-out to Nashville @Zubov_x_21 ).

I’ve legit always have and always will enjoy my time talking to you.

PS Clark’s not a bad player. Anyone who picks me up next season he’d be 1 of my t3 choices to be on my line.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    Primetimme1
  7. SilKyy_97

SilKyy_97 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    _silkyy97#0
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 56 / -154
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    silkynsmarshshow
  8. Landon_DuPont

Landon_DuPont Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +623 / 63 / -114
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. o Crosbyyy

o Crosbyyy Well-Known Member

Discord:
    crosbyyy#0
    Ratings:
    +66 / 10 / -12
    Respect

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. S-mxrs-H

S-mxrs-H Well-Known Member

Discord:
    smarshy.#0
    Ratings:
    +646 / 44 / -120
    Thanks. @I2I-Way-Hockey. You have always been a good guy to speak about LG with and super nice to me since ive joined the NHL. Apperciate the kind words and hope the best for you and team 23. Hope you guys make it to cup. Shows we had the hardest division in LG and went the full length of games to decide. Good job from both management teams for making the series a fun one. Could've went either way at any moment.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Ryy0---

Ryy0--- I forget the buttons

Discord:
    ryy0_#0
    Ratings:
    +619 / 6 / -21
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    vRyy0v
  12. Spray_and_pray_

Spray_and_pray_ Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Spray&Pray#1055
    Ratings:
    +536 / 35 / -62
    I really wanted to jump into God of War right now, but I needed to get to this first before my life sinks into that game.

This season was really fucking weird in Montreal. Theres pretty much no other way to describe it. We basically had 4 different teams on the MTL roster in a 9 week stretch. I played on a different line just about every week. In fact, the most consistent line I played on - Marner/Schroyer - was for a whole two weeks. The big personalities - some good, some not - were fucking insane. Poopin, Chief, Gunass, Clark, Rosie, Crosby, NoSleeves. There was a scuffle with management every...fucking...week.

And despite all that, I still like every person who was on (or traded from) the roster. Yes, Crosby is a shitty little 12 year old. Yes, Rosie threw me under the bus when I got the game 7 nod. Yes, Silky is a fat fuck. Yes, Sparkplug was the most absent owner I've ever witnessed.

Somehow, I still had fun. Somehow, playing with a different line every week, I almost reached my season goal (20 wins). Somehow, we took a more talented and deeper team to a triple OT game 7. Which leads me to...

The Florida Panthers.

You guys are awesome.

@Primetimme - We don't really know each other, but I gained a lot of respect for you this season. I had been thinking about applying for ownership - no, I won't get it, but the more buffer between shitty teenage kids and AHL management getting NHL ownership, the better - and one of the motivating factors was to build a fun team that was also competitive. The majority of teams fail in one of those categories every year. This year, you and Detroit really seemed to "get it". Good group of guys, fun, deep, and talented. You've earned your reputation as one of the best owners in the league. Congrats on the series win.

@j_marz25 - You got sick thumbs. Probably has to do with never touching alcohol. You stole game 2 from us in OT with your puck patience, and you stole game 7 from us in triple OT with your defense and puck movement. You're one of the most well rounded players in the league.

@Po1andsFinest - Dont know you other then your name and your stats. With that said, plenty of other people around the league seem to know you and have great things to say. In fact, because of that reputation, shutting you down in game 7 was my primary goal. Clamp that Poland ass. It wasn't easy. Mxster - who's a fucking animal - and I spent 6 periods chasing you around the ice, and you still managed to get yourself a goal. Great player.

@vish_b - Underrated player, underrated person. We've only spoken a few times, but you always have come across like a decent guy.

@I2I-Way-Hockey - Your name suits you. One of the best two way forwards in the league, hands down. Also one of the best people in the league. Great series and season.

@MrPurpleCrush / j483beale- You two are pains in the ass to fight through. Great presence at the blue line when trying to get entry, very good at taking away passing lanes and playing the angles. Really impressive game 7.

@WhatsTheMaatta - You won game 7 for your team. Period. Robbed Clark on a cross ice one timer off the draw. Robbed NickyP with a wide open look from the slot. Did the same to me a period earlier. Stayed hugging post on my partial breakaway (that would have been roofed if you had moved an inch) when half the league flinches. Countless rebound covers and tons of poise. 23 saves on 25 shots and never lost focus. You deserve some pats on the back.

@CL95K @nickyP1999 @oraclerampage @Kipperboy33 @NoSleeves12 @ryofthebeholder @Mxster-77 - Even though it always felt like we were just about to sink, you all held this shit together just long enough. MTL cucks - its been a fucking weird season. Its been a fucking fun season.

Anyone else I missed, sorry, but God of War calls.

• Winner Winner x 4
    better20yearsago
  13. oraclerampage

oraclerampage Well-Known Member

Discord:
    oraclerampage#0
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -2
    Thanks bud

• Like Like x 1
    oraclerampage96
  14. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Nybarisny
  15. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    Man I love the sappy kindness after the ends of playoff series. Makes my heart melt :sadegg:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    JClaus33
  16. Spray_and_pray_

Spray_and_pray_ Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Spray&Pray#1055
    Ratings:
    +536 / 35 / -62
    I believe the "Good Series ZonaGoats" is the thread you're looking for.

• Winner Winner x 1
    better20yearsago