Nascar 09 League Interest

Discussion in 'CBJ Friday Face-Off' started by caniacfan86, Jun 2, 2008.

1. theDrummerJ99

theDrummerJ99 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    btw, I don't have the full game yet and I don't have a account @ IGN but can anybody verify that this thread is for Nascar 09 on the 360 http://boards.ign.com/nascar/b6043/163937536/p1 If it is and you can do that detailed car painting, I'm sure I'll be buying the game just to do that. That brings back fond memories of the old Nascar racings days on the pc.

drummerJ99
  2. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    I'm interested

No Streaming Account
  3. MrXpress

MrXpress Pro interception thrower

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Jeffrey99 - In response to both of your questions, yes setups do affect your lap times and handling tremendously, and indeed cars are highly customizable paint-wise. All cars come loaded with a default 'rookie' setup which plows through the corners but is very controllable and forgiving and you can tweak and tune from there (they also have a veteran setup preloaded which is much improved), although I'm used to Forza tuning so my results so far have been disastrous.

The paint feature is really cool; you have your choice of how to download it, but I use their PSD file which comes with separate layers for paint and decals, and you can change just about anything save for the wheels and tires; for instance, I made a car and changed the default anonymous template to a Toyota (with headlights, grill, etc.) and seeing as how the 'overlay' was on a different layer, I was able to paint the nose of the car without having to worry about overlapping the work I had already done converting the car to a Toyota. Only caveat is that only people on your friends list can see your paintjob when racing online (probably due to unexpected TOS violations from randoms), but shouldnt' be a big deal for an online league.

No Streaming Account
  4. caniacfan86

caniacfan86 Playing

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ill leave the list to you jbagg.. Yours seems much better than mine.. So just keep it updated.. How many do you thikn we need to have before starting this up maybe???

No Streaming Account
  5. caniacfan86

caniacfan86 Playing

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I wish i knew how to do those kickass paint schemes... I have seen up ones that I wish i could use.

No Streaming Account
  6. caniacfan86

caniacfan86 Playing

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I meant get cups to sign up on this forum if hes interested....I already have you down buddy.

No Streaming Account
  7. Renegadebiker41

Renegadebiker41 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello again gentlemen, Well after playing this game all day yesterday I will say imo its leaps and bounds above any ive played in the past. However, there are 2 things I would like to bring up , one of which was mentioned in the post above this one.

The "own the track" deal appears like it would be great fun granted you have a friends list full of nascar09 players, which I dont, (been member of live for 2 months) and also , the paint thing....if the guys your racing with as said above arent on your friends list your racing a bunch of primer-grey cars...woohoo how exciting (lol) , Im glad alot of folks seem interested now so I am hear humbly asking for any of you guys that signed up to PLEASE send a fr....im 41 years old, I use comms and I dont wreck folks but im missing out on quite a bit for lack of any nascar09 people on friends list, perfect timing on me joining a league for this reason.

Also keep in mind this and it might have already been mentioned, I have done about 15 challenges now and quite a few career mode races , I have taken all my performance points and put them all into the "horsepower" because wherever you spend your "performance points" to upgrade your car well that carries over into online racing as well, so if your racing a random guy who has spent the past 48 hours grinding and maxxed out the horsepower and yours is still at halfway I dont have to tell you what happens at speedways and super-speedways lol.....just thought I would add that in case some didnt know it. Anyway, I dont want to send a FR to everybody on here and quite frankly as a new board member wouldnt know how, so please, or as Mr. Wolf says "pretty please with a ***** cherry on top" add me lol, ok sorry for the wall of text and happy Friday guys....I am here from tbagg ad looking for league members btw. Cheers.

No Streaming Account
  8. caniacfan86

caniacfan86 Playing

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Quick question.. When when you play online do you have to use your custon car or could I race the number 18 car if i wanted

No Streaming Account
  9. Renegadebiker41

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You can use any of the real pro's and we all would see the car and paintjob on it and all is good, but, here is the problem IMO , since all the performance points you have earned count online in your online car most use the car they made to earn those points with their own paint job , whether that paint job is via game or the tool online doesnt matter.....so when I took my noob self to try a quick race online with randoms well they already had earned enough points to max out their horsepower and grip they are taking turns doing 203mph while im in the back of the pack putting along at the non-boosted car at around 185-190 tops no matter the setup, hence no way to catch them....and they arent going to give up their performance point maxxed out car to run a standard car I doubt it.

Also another great reason to do this with league members/ friends then I would think all of us could then either choose to use a real pro's car or the one that we have used earning points and building up the attributes.

Once I figured this out I did enough challenges just to max out the horsepower on "speedway" which is "green" color and then the super-speedway which is "red" color on performance points screen....so with the 10 hours into it , with a rep around 1400 now I have used every point earned on horsepower just to be able to halfway compete....and I got this game yesterday morning....it was in stores on wednesday and I started the morning after the day it came out and even after 1 day the randoms I played with seemed to be already maxxed out in all of the departments...at least thats the only way I can see taking the turns at 203mph when im riding a perfect line getting 192-193 BEFORE earning any performance points....anyway hope all that makes sense and if it doesnt it will soon enough .

No Streaming Account
  10. theDrummerJ99

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    I'd be guessing yes. Not positive though.

Renegade I sent you a friends request. I don't have the game yet but will probably be picking it up soon.

Nothing againest caniacfan or anything but if we decide to do a league, I'd prefer to see a LG vet get it off the ground. Someone thats ran leagues here before and know what it takes and how to do it. I'd recommend some guys like DemonSpawn, Marauders or nosice.

Or even better yet you could do it like the BOG in the NHL team league and make it a 3 man commish.

EDIT: Speaking of using performance points or what not. Is there a way to reset them? If doing a online league with custom paintjobs, we'd want strict rules on what you can do. Of course, not sure if there's anyway to tell whats been updated online. For example Forza had a class number beside it that you couldn't go over. Does Nascar 09 have anything like that?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
    drummerJ99
  11. caniacfan86

caniacfan86 Playing

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would say have a few guys help run the league having just one guy that would be kind of tough because we all have lives outside of the xbox haha

No Streaming Account
  12. MrXpress

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't think (at least I'd hope not) that the performance points affect what you do online. Last year's version, asstacular as it was, had a similar thing where you received a boost to your speedway/superspeedway/etc. cars offline and that didn't carry over to online (i.e., on the backstretch at Talladega I'd be doing 201 or so in an offline car, and only 192 or so online with the same setup).

No Streaming Account
  13. MrXpress

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I could try and do a quick one for you if you wanted; my designs are usually really simple so it wouldn't be too exciting but it would look better than one just done up real quick in MS Paint. Just give me the number, color, manufacturer, and sponsors you want and I can do one when I get home.

No Streaming Account
  14. caniacfan86

caniacfan86 Playing

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Damn I wish I knew how to do 201 down the backstrech at talladega... damn

No Streaming Account
  15. Fordman351

Fordman351 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you have room left i want in. Gamertag Fordman351

No Streaming Account
  16. theDrummerJ99

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    I hope your right but I could have sworn I've read online that it affects both offline and online play. I pray and hope that the difference between doing 192 and 201 is all in the setup but knowing EA, I doubt it.

drummerJ99
  17. Renegadebiker41

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well I apologize guys perhaps I didnt say it correctly.

This is a fact...not a guess....

Whatever you spend your single-player performance
    points on for attributes , those attributes DO carry
    over to the online-xbox live race....hence this is the
    reason people are using their own cars and not pro
    cars even though probably half of them are driving
    around staring at grey cars....imo I think it was a
    bad decision to go this way, as I said in my post
    above we could all decide to use the real pro's cars
    and then you only have the original setup to tweak
    in the "car setup" options or the choice of using your
    custom point enhanced vehicle to race....anyway
    tnx for the FR....

To answer your question, although I cant say for
    positive as I only tried to host once, but I think I
    recall there WAS an option to limit how much of
    the attributes count or dont count or maybe even
    turn them off now that I think about it, but thats
    really only going to happen with a league and
    friends like this....in other words....I dont think I
    could talk a host who has just spent hour upon
    hour maxxing his car out in all and every attribute
    to change his settings to help me be more
    competitive against him (lol) , hence the reason
    why I was here asking for fair-mature guys to
    race with.

By the way , the "own the track" option is a very
    nice touch to the game, and im sure you guys
    dont have this problem but if you dont have any
    friends that play this game the fun of that option
    I just mentioned is non-existent (if no friends you
    only compete against the pro's for ownership and
    have no one to taunt (lol) ,Cheers.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
    No Streaming Account
  18. MrXpress

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You sure they just aren't using different setups? There's a world of difference from the default 'rookie' setup to the 'veteran' one that's also included (heck, at Kansas I ran a few laps with the rookie setup, then switched to the veteran setup and was over a second and a half faster).

No Streaming Account
  19. caniacfan86

caniacfan86 Playing

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    IF we get this league going I was thinking of having a vote on if to use custom cars or the pros cars.. Also have a vote to see what nights are better for you guys.

No Streaming Account
  20. Renegadebiker41

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well MrXpress you could be correct , I am going on what
    I have read at other sites and what I saw with my own
    eyes....Now I agree that the difference between a normal
    set up and a vet/expert set up would make a difference
    for sure....but between what ive read and the gap in
    the performance was so great.....for instance yea ok I
    can agree that if I use and tweak a normal setup and